Grace Saves Henry Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know, I'm sorry, I grabbed it quickly. But I'm hoping it will help to convince you both that I'm not crazy. I drew this six years ago. He's very tall. Taller than you, Henry. Maybe six-four or five. Sculpted body, like he works out a lot. Mediterranean complexion, perhaps Italian. I think he can speak Italian. Brown eyes. Handsome, in a movie-star way. I know, what movie star would care about little me? But he looks like that to me.

"If I could find him, maybe I won't feel so bad when Doreen wakes up. Henry loves her deeply, I can tell." She turned to Henry, almost apologizing as she looked into his surprised face. "I really hope I'm right. But if I am, I need someone to catch me when I fall. I'd like it to be Al."

"Okay, honey, you deserve our help, even if we're not sure how. I'll put out some feelers for the description of a man who works here looking like that. We can't have many men that tall. I'd guess just three or four out of the three hundred we have. If you could bring in a better drawing that could help."

She nodded. "Okay. All my drawings are signed and dated. Tomorrow I'll bring my last three. Thank you for even pretending you believe me."

She left the room, leaving Henry and Perry to talk about this. Including the possibility that Doreen is waking. Everything was so unbelievable. Except for Doreen's waking. Henry was shaken, thinking again about the phone call today from the hospital. He told Perry about it. Maybe, just maybe, Grace is correct.

Grace got no more work done for the rest of the day. She hoped she did the right thing.It has been my big secret for seven years. It has to be true! It's the only thing that makes sense to me. My whole life has been lived to bring us together. What has his been like? The dreams don't tell me enough.

Finally the day was over; Henry was driving home. Grace was seated next to him. He had so many questions!

"Grace, why didn't you ever mention these dreams before now?"

"Oh, I did, but not here at work. I told my sister Claudia and my Dad. Daddy thought like Mr. Cameron did, that they were simply dreams. Claudia always had an affinity for psychic things, like attempts to contact loved ones who have passed. But she wasn't so sure about this. If they didn't believe me, there was no way I would bring it up at work." Then she looked at him. "Until I realized I was falling in love with you."

His heart lurched when he heard her say that. And his cock did, too.I'm falling in love with her, too. We've even said it to each other already. Does that count, when it's in the middle of an orgasm? Probably not so much. But she is right... I still love Doreen so much. Right now I'm on this seesaw ride, wanting her to wake, but wanting to keep Grace, knowing it's not practical to have them both.

"You're pretty silent, Henry. Have I scared you?"

"No, not scared. But it's time, I think, that I need to make a decision about Doreen's life support. They've told me if her body wants to wake, taking her off life support will start the body's autonomous function working again. If not... then keeping her alive is not good for anyone." Tears started falling, so he had to pull over.

"Henry, wait a little longer. Just one more week. Okay? You may not have to make that decision, one that could haunt you for the rest of your life. Huh, now I'm crying too. Aren't we a pair?"

He grabbed her hand and held onto it. Its warmth helped. "I'm glad you are here, Grace. You've already helped me more than I ever expected one could. If you and Doreen traded places, I don't think Doreen could be so nonjudgmental. You have a gift."

"Not a gift. Well, you could call it that I guess. I just want everyone to be happy. Or at least, content. The Declaration of Independence did us no favor by giving us the pursuit of happiness. They never defined what happiness is. Whatever it is, I don't think it is sustainable. Short bursts of happiness, then back to contentment. That's all I can ask for. For me, for you, for my mystery dream man. For Doreen."

"Well, whatever you think it is you have, I think you have a unique sixth sense. An intuition. A gut feeling that you've nurtured and relied upon, that seems to be accurate. I'll wait your week. After that, we'll talk again, if we have to. Okay?"If she's correct, we need to find this Al. She needs a real home.

"Okay." She gave him a tissue. "Here. Dry your eyes, and then get us home. I'm hungry. Can we order pizza?"

He dried his eyes, laughed, and then teased. "Kids. All they ever want is pizza." She took off her seat belt and snuggled into him. He pulled her close, but then became the stern dad. "Seat belt. Now." She pouted, but obeyed.He'll make a good dad....

As he drove down the street, the conversation turned to food. "What's your favorite pizza...?"

"Easy. Pizza in bed... ow! Stop that!"