Grandpa's Guide to Women Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The name isn't familiar, Grandpa," I said.

"That's not too surprising," Grandpa said. "Hefner lived in the middle of the 20th century, but he was pretty famous for most of his life. Had an interesting story.

"I hope you learned in history class that America's economy boomed for decades after the end of World War II. Businesses that had been making things like tanks and guns started making things like cars and refrigerators. Wages went up. Consumer spending skyrocketed. You know all about this, don't you boy?"

"Yes sir. The birth of the consumer society. I studied it."

"Hefner was a young man when the war ended. He had an interesting insight. He understood that consumers - especially young men - were anxious to start living it up. They had more disposable income than their parent's generation. And Hefner knew that young people were getting tired of old puritanical values that said people shouldn't have sex until they got married. He realized that the sexual revolution was beginning.

"Hefner decided to start a magazine aimed at these affluent young men. It was called Playboy. It's not around anymore, but for a long time it was one of the most popular magazines in America. It was full of ads for fancy cars, expensive liquor, and high-priced stereo systems. All kinds of luxury goods. Everything that was desired by young men anxious to live the good life.

"But it had one secret ingredient. Playboy was the first mainstream magazine that published photos of nude women. Remember, this was before the internet. There were no good ways for men to get good pictures of naked girls. Hefner made a fortune as the first big purveyor of porn. It was classy porn, but it was porn nonetheless."

"I don't see what any of that has to do with me," I said.

"Well, it's like this," Grandpa said. "Pretty soon, Hefner was a celebrity. He was young, and handsome, and rich, and he liked to throw fancy parties. He invited famous people and beautiful women. Some of those women were models anxious to pose nude in his magazine.

"From the beginning, women were attracted to him, and Hefner had sex with a LOT of them! Thousands. I'm not exaggerating - he went to bed with THOUSANDS of women over the years.

"The reason I tell you this is that Hefner noticed something important. Something that applies to your situation today. Growing up, he'd been taught that the way to attract women is to be a good guy who promises to be faithful. I'm sure your parents taught you the same thing. But that's a crock of shit, Ben.

"As Hefner became known as someone who slept with lots of women, more and more women flocked to him. He was the kind of guy who kept a journal, and in his biography there were journal excerpts in which he wrote that women didn't behave the way he'd been taught. One week he went to bed with a different woman every single night. He realized that these women were attracted to him largely because they knew other women were attracted to him.

"The word is out about you, Ben. The women on your campus have figured out that lots of women are attracted to you. What's happening to you is nowhere near the scale of what happened to Hefner, but it's the same principle. You can expect the gossips to keep gossiping. Who knows what Teo will say about you the next time she talks to her girlfriends."

"Really? You really think this is going to keep happening?"

"I do, Ben. I think you'd do better if you were rich, or a movie star, but I predict you're going to continue to get a lot of female attention.

"I hope you realize that you've got a special responsibility. You need to be sure to treat women right. Treat them with respect, even when they throw themselves at you. Be aware of their feelings. A lot of guys who are attractive to women act like assholes. Don't act like an asshole, Ben. You can do that, can't you?"

I laughed. "Don't be an asshole. Got it," I said.

It was just about then that Julie came into my room. I said goodbye to Grandpa, looked at Julie, and wondered what role she'd played in all this. Had she said I'm a nice guy? A good lover? Someone who cares and listens?

Since I wasn't going to ask her, there was no way to tell. All I knew was that I'd had sex with Sonya that morning, Teo that afternoon, and I would have sex with Julie all night. Three women. One day. Another first!

Life was good.

......................................

Three women. One day. Even Hugh Hefner would be happy with a day like that. In Part 8, it becomes certain that Ben, Julie and Sonya are going to have a threesome.

12