All Comments on 'Gravity'

by OmegaPet58

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent story. Sad but loving. I contributed my tears. Definitely got hotter as the story progressed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

To me, the story should have ended after Sam and Shari's first meeting. He had recently lost the love of his life and possibly his ability to walk. Her response was pretty much to 'suck it up.' Her situation was not sudden and she showed no ability to show compassion.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 1 year ago

Not worth spending a lot of time on analyzing, but it was worth a few minutes of skimming. As fiction it was so mediocre that a 3* was generous, but everyone has to learn so I wish this author good luck in getting enough positive encouragement to improve.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Very enjoyable story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sorry stopped reading after he fairly calmly asked for advice on how to live and cope with his new life and she jumped his shit. Couldn't give a damn after that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This story hit home!

Many years ago I worked with a woman afflicted with CP. She was brilliant, but was having trouble with computer input. I arranged for her to get the Kurzweil voice recognition package and she was off. What was she writing? She was writing about the sexual requirements of humans with a disability.

Years later I met her again, she was married, had two children via surrogates, and had finished her PhD in Science.

Well worth 5*

OmegaPet58OmegaPet58about 1 year agoAuthor

[Author's note:] What I intended, but didn't successfully express, was for Shari to be encouraging, not critical. She was trying to show him: the way out of his despair was how he thought of (labeled) her, and himself.

Your comments help me to improve, and I thank you for them.

IC_Thru_UIC_Thru_Uabout 1 year ago

It wasn't written badly. I didn't like that he started a new relationship so shortly after the love of his life died. But I guess we all move on differently. Personally I would probably be a wreck for very long time.

Smiffy69Smiffy698 months ago

I don’t think you need to explain things line Prosecco and tagliatelle. I know that most of your readers are probably American and therefore don’t necessarily know what these things are, but let them look them up, thereby increasing their knowledge, as it spoils the flow of the story to explain anything.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous