All Comments on 'Green Cay College Ch. 12'

by Burnt_Njal

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
Burnt_NjalBurnt_Njal3 months agoAuthor

Stewarttrig - I agree, some more time editing would be great, … IF I was going to publish these professionally, or even amateurishly. However, I guess I view these as throw-away - once posted here, they’re done. So this means that when I have time to sit down to write, I have to make a choice - do I write something new, or do I proof-read and edit what I already have? The first maybe 6-ish chapters were pretty heavily reviewed (just by me), so further improvements of these would require someone else’s time. The later chapters were not proofed as much (they’re more recent), and so I guess I agree that these and new chapters might be worth editing more carefully, but this will come at the expense of output. I’m trying to optimize the “diminishing returns” on the editing process. What do you think? If further refinement costs a chapter written for each chapter produced, is this worth it, given the intent and audience for this ‘book’? Seriously, I’m interested in peoples thoughts on this.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurnt_Njal@Burnt_Njal
The stories here are an attempt to learn to write narrative. I have written a lot of technical stuff, and some humorous vignettes, but nothing with dialog or a storyline. We’ll see if it works.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES