Guardian Program Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She blushed again suddenly and cleared her throat a few times while steadying herself before continuing. "Until you took Jessie to Key West for a holiday, and while she buried you in the sand, Toni literally fell out of the sky and landed on you, due to a parasailing accident. You married one year to the day later on June twenty-second, two-thousand-eight.

"Bridge Security whose primary function was to manufacture and install security cameras for large corporations, and the wealthy elite, was expanded in August of two-thousand four to include government contracts. You had managed to miniaturize several types of cameras with staggering financial success. Holding four patents for digital cameras, and six for integration into cell technology. No single cell telephone has been manufactured within the last five years that doesn't have at least some of your technology in it. Profits from these patents alone, net you almost one hundred million US per year. However, you divert most all of this into buying shares of almost every cell telephone and broadcasting company in the free world. But you move it around to dummy corporations and holding firms, thus showing a modest six hundred thousand on last year's tax return. The IRS is quite aware of your activities, yet refrains from an audit due to pressure from unknown sources.

"Your government contacts and innovations brought you to the attention of certain individuals needing increased privacy, as well as surveillance of those they felt were watching them. Namely the CIA. You managed to develop a device that is, shall we say, above my pay grade. A device that the entire DOD, the NSA, CSS, CIA, FBI, and Homeland Security, all seem to be funding in 'black' funds as well as auditable line item funds. The top people of all of these agencies seem to think that you're very much worth watching. You have multiple files with the military and all five agencies. The FBI file on you has an initiation date of over a month before the day you met Shannon. Did you know she had researched you before moving in next door?"

I simply continued looking at her without giving her anything.

"... Well, anyway, you have at least five aliases. Not counting Bridge Security, you're operating nine corporations in the US alone, and dozens of others outside the US, using these identities. The three broadcasting companies that you own outright have all managed to have enough capital to launch at least one if not several new satellites.

"Although, that isn't what's noteworthy, Mr. Smith. What is, is that none of your newly launched satellites seem to be functioning at full capacity. All of them, although manufactured by different companies in two separate countries are rebroadcasting at exactly forty percent of launch specs."

I was finding myself somewhat amazed at the young woman sitting across from me sounding off facts about me. She had obviously been doing her homework on what the world thought I was doing but had no fear of the type of person I could very easily be. She continued without any clue as to my musings on her behalf; intelligent, attractive, naïve.

"Your combined income, although this is speculation, if you include all known companies and guess as to the rest, puts your spendable income well into the upper nine figures per year, and corporate assets somewhere near a staggering, one-hundred-billion US dollars."

She paused again to take a breath. "I have no idea how to categorize you, Mr. Smith, mostly because I've been watching you since June of twenty-ten, and in all that time I've never felt you cared one iota about money. You seem driven to control and gain, but not for the purpose of money. Yet you stay out of politics altogether, never bothering to register to vote.

"You are an enigma, Mr. Smith. I could continue with the list of insignificant facts, but I believe that I've covered the gist of the briefing," Sam stated in conclusion.

I smiled and glanced at my watch. "I think you still have time to bring me some orange juice. I was forced to skip breakfast, and if I'm to continue staring at you, I'm quite sure I'll find myself hungry."

My hostess gaped at me for far too long, she had completely lost track of the part she was playing. This, of course, made me broaden my smile.

"Um, I would be delighted Mr. Smith," she finally managed, while molding herself back into Miss Julie Thornton. I watched her rise and make her way to the tiny galley where she poured my juice into a crystal glass and returned. She presented it to me while seemingly oblivious to the fact that she was providing me with a very clear view of her cleavage. She paused in that position and asked, "Would you like breakfast? We have almost anything you may want available."

"No. Thank you, Sam," I replied with a grin still on my face. "One of our pilots will be calling me very shortly. Perhaps I could indulge myself during our return flight."

"Very good, Sir," she stated simply and returned to her seat, again providing me with a very attractive view. We both sat quietly, assessing each other. Five minutes later, Major Henson's voice requested I turn off my equipment as we'd be crossing the fifteen-mile barrier very soon. I turned my view away from Sam and looked out the window. I knew these mountains well, so I waited. I also knew my pilots would be getting nervous as a pair of F-22s dropped down to shadow us about two miles to starboard.

"Mr. Smith, please we're getting too close," came the somewhat panicked voice of our co-pilot.

End of chapter one: I hope you enjoyed it.

Please vote and follow so that you don't miss any chapters.

12