Guarding the Debutante

Story Info
Duke trains his teenage ward.
1.5k words
4.03
6.4k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lady Bethany De Vere was eighteen, of an age to be presented at court and married but still three years short of her legal majority. Until her twenty-first birthday, her estates were to be administered by her guardian - who happened to be, well me. The Duke of Halstead, confirmed bachelor, infamous rake and warden of the loveliest heiresses of the season.

When I was in town, I liked to see her to bed, upholding my responsibilities as the keeper of her virtue.

The young lady and her governess, Miss Banks, were taking their late night cocoa in the blue parlour when I arrived. Lady Bethany was reading unhappily aloud from a book of sermons and Miss Banks was knitting some hideous orange concoction - I hoped it was not to end up as a Christmas gift for me.

I waved them down when they started to stand up for me. "No need for ceremony," I told them. "Bethany, the hour grows late you should be in bed by now."

She pouted, she didn't like to be reminded that she wasn't "out" yet. She would be in a few weeks but until then it was bed by ten, no after-supper theatres and balls until dawn for her.

"Yes of course, Your Grace," Miss Banks said, quite flustered. "I hadn't noticed the time." She ushered her charge into the adjoining bedchamber and naturally, as the girl's guardian, I followed. The pert and pretty French maid, Therese - hand-picked by me - was waiting to attend to the young mistress's toilette.

"Ignore me," I said, settling myself comfortably in an armchair in full view of the proceedings. "I'll read until Bethany is ready to say her prayers. It does me good to hear them."

Therese helped Bethany off with her jewellery, unbraided her hair and brushed it the expected hundred times until it snapped and crackled down her back like molten gold. It was then braided again and tucked under a lace-trimmed nightcap. Then, my favourite part, undressing my pretty little heiress.

Bethany would have much preferred to undress in private or behind the screen, but Miss Banks and Therese were in my pocket. They insisted that it was completely natural that I be present while she was stripped naked - after all, I was as close to a father as the orphaned waif had left. She was reluctant but her bossy governess and her lady's maid were the main forces in her life and she allowed herself to be half-heartedly convinced.

In the fashion of our times, Bethany wore an empire-waisted Grecian gown of white muslin. Therese unlaced the back and helped her step out of it. The next layer was the petticoat, chemise and stays. Stays unlaced, the girl breathed a sigh of relief, almost forgetting her embarrassment as her petticoat was untied. Her chemise came down to her knees and underneath she wore a bold pair of bright green silk stockings, held up by white lace garters.

Therese knelt to untie her garters and pull off her stockings and then it was only lovely Bethany in her chemise of the finest cambric linen. In the soft candlelight, she was almost naked before my eyes, the fullness of her high young breasts and the slimness of her nubile body apparent under the delicate fabric.

Therese let me revel in the teasing sight of the girl's half-covered body before pulling the chemise off her. The girl shivered, her eyes closed so that she could pretend not to see me staring avidly, my book forgotten in my lap. The maid pretended to have lost the nightgown, letting me drink in the sight of my naked ward.

Miss Banks bustled about, pretending that all was as it should be, as she prepared the bed.

Bethany was a beauty. Her golden hair fell in glossy ripples to her tiny waist, her breasts were round and full and tipped with rosy nipples. Between her slender legs, I glimpsed a thatch of blond hair and sweet little pink lips. She was all silk and honey, so sweet and innocent that I wanted to lay her over my lap and spank her little buttocks for the pleasure of hearing her squeal.

I intended to take her to my bed soon, perhaps even marry her, but for now I was content to look. She wasn't quite ripe yet for plucking.

Eventually the nightgown was found and Therese helped Bethany into it. It did little to cover her nakedness, being of almost sheer silk but it was very pretty, trimmed with pink rosettes and green ribbons.

"Your prayers, Bethany," Miss Banks reminded my ward when she was about to climb into bed. "His Grace has stayed here all this while just to hear you pray."

Bethany looked mutinous - she clearly wanted to snap that she was not a child and resented being treated like one. However, she knelt obediently, facing away from me. I admired the prettily rounded curve of her little buttocks as she intoned the Lord's prayer.

When she was done, I called to her. "Prettily spoken. Come give your guardian a kiss, Bet."

She rose and came towards me, as gingerly as though she was approaching a tiger. When she would have pecked chastely at my cheek, I pulled her down on to my lap. "A real kiss, my girl," I said, smacking her lips heartily. I did it boisterously, to pretend that I was only teasing, but I held her down fast so that she could not escape. I put one hand over her thighs, bunching her fine nightgown. With the other, I held her around the waist, stroking the blooming curves of her body lightly.

She squirmed only a little, then realizing the helplessness of her situation, sagged. Therese began to tidy her dressing table, Miss Banks to put away her gown and books.

"I'd like you to wear pink tomorrow," I told Bethany, wilting in my arms. "You look like a fresh rose in pink."

"I prefer green," Bethany said stubbornly. "My papa always said that it brought out the colour of my eyes."

"God bless your dear late papa," I said smoothly. I ran my fingers lightly over her legs, higher up her thighs. I raised my voice. "Therese, see that your mistress is dressed in the pink gingham tomorrow. Daisies in her hair I think. She can wear the pearls I gave her for Christmas."

She would know who was master. I gave the commands in the household - I dressed her like a doll, I ordered what and when and where she would eat, who she would see, who would attend her, what she read and when she slept. If she was good, I'd spoil her with flowers and ribbons and bits and pieces of jewellery. If she was stubborn, I'd smack her.

"I'd like to wear Mama's diamonds," she persisted. "I am calling on the Fosters tomorrow and I thought my green taffeta and Mama's diamonds would be very elegant. I don't want to look like a little girl in pink and pearls and daisies. Can I not choose how I am to dress, now that I am almost out?"

I pinched her cheek. Hard. "When you are a wife, you will choose how you wish to dress, Bethany - if your husband permits you. But now that you are my ward, I will dress you as I think most suitable. I must say that I do not find it becoming in a young girl to be so headstrong."

"Your Grace is right as always," Miss Banks chimed in. "My lady is usually an apt pupil but she has a streak of obstinacy that I have always endeavoured to correct."

"A good wife should be docile and obedient," Therese murmured in the background, almost too softly to be heard.

"We must correct your faults, Bethany," I sighed. "I do not believe in the adage of sparing the rod and spoiling the child - particularly seeing as that you are no longer a child. You think yourself grown - very well, then we must treat you like a grown-up. Insolence in a child can be amusing but in a grown woman, must be swiftly corrected."

"Corrected?" Bethany's green eyes widened.

"I will contemplate your punishment," I said, delighted at the opportunity to inflict my will on the headstrong girl already. "I will see you in the library at three tomorrow afternoon. In the meanwhile, I think a morning of sewing and sermons will do you good tomorrow and give you ample time to reflect. And yes, plain bread and water will do very well for you tomorrow."

I pinched a fold of her nightgown. "I think this nightgown too fine for you as well, my girl. Therese, please help your mistress undress. A cold night will do your spirit good."

Bethany was as red as a tomato but she dared not say a word. I had her stripped again for my own pleasure and hid a smile behind my hand as she slid in, shivering, between the cold sheets of her bed.

I hovered over the bed like a malevolent demon. "Sleep well, sweetheart," I murmured, kissing her forehead. I let my hand skim lightly over her body, under the sheets. Soon I'd have all of her.