Gwen's Greed

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

''I'm sorry I wasn't here for you and your dad I made a terrible mistake and couldn't put it right. I have paid for that mistake a thousand times over and missed you both every day. Now I'm back and I hope you William and everybody I hurt can forgive me. I'll try to make it up to you in any way I can if you will just give me a chance.''

As the day move on William started to warm to Gwen and even Sarah seemed less hostile but never moved far from Amanda. After dinner Gwen sat on the sofa and invited the children to sit with her. They both looked at Amanda for permission before taking a seat either side of her. They sat talking for most of the afternoon Gwen wanted to know all about their school and what they were interested in. When they tried to describe their rooms, Gwen looked over at us and said she would like to see them some day. I wasn't quite ready for that yet, But Amanda thought it was a great idea and said so. By the time we left Gwen, and the children were getting on like a house on fire.

After picking up Jason and Wendy we went home and put the children to bed.

''Now that you've met Gwen what do you think?''

''I think she's a very troubled woman but is genuinely sorry for her actions and obviously loves the children and she still loves you.''

''Nonsense. If she loved me so much why did she dump me like that?''

''I don't think even she knows that, but I do know she regrets it more than anything and is desperate to make amends.''

We discussed the day some more then went to bed. We were so emotionally drained we went straight to sleep. The next morning Frank called and asked if I would pick up Gwen and bring her to the office. I didn't want to but agreed anyway. When I got to her parents home Gwen was waiting for me and got straight in the car. I noticed she had made an effort to look good even putting on some makeup. On the way to the office, we talked about yesterdays visit and we agreed it was a positive move forward.

When we arrived at the office I was told to go to the war room. [our nickname for the operations observation room] I took Gwen down to the sub-basement where it was located knocked and we were let in. Frank together with my director were waiting for us. The director asked Gwen to sign a security non-disclosure form and went on to explain why.

''I've called you both down here today because Amanda and Gwen's councillor agree that you both need closure after what you've been through. First let me explain. Your rescue was a by product of our and the Brits joint operation to grab the heads of the drug cartels at their annual conference. The operation was a great success and will disrupt drug shipments because of the vacuum caused by their capture. The remaining lieutenants will be fighting amongst themselves for months. In addition to this we have been dismantling the human trafficking gang and their procurement agents. Like the two you had the misfortune to run into, James and Mary. Many of these haven't broken any laws we could enforce so more drastic measures have had to be employed. The president and his counter parts all over Europe have signed a clear and present danger declaration document. This means we can take the appropriate action without taking legal action. I hope this will give you the closure you need.''

He then motioned to the screen in front of us. It showed a large motor launch cruising somewhere in the Caribbean I recognised it as belonging to James and Mary. He then went on to explain that before they left port a navy seal had attached an explosive device to its hull. And we were watching via an NSA satellite. He held out a black box the size of a cell phone to us. We both realised what it was. I took the device from him and handed it to Gwen.

''You suffered most because of them the honour is yours if you want it.''

She took the box from me thanked me and pressed the button. The effect was catastrophic the boat simply disintegrated with bits flying hundred's of feet in the air.

I looked at Gwen and could almost see a weight lift from her shoulders it was exactly the same for me, Closure at last. We thanked the director and Frank and left the office; I was given the rest of the day off so took Gwen to lunch. It was the first time we had socialised on our own in five years. We ordered lunch and started a stilted conversation about where we went from here. Gwen wanted all of us to be friends, I wasn't so sure but said I would consider it. After lunch I called Amanda and said I would be home early so to throw her boyfriend out before I got home. She thought that was hilarious but played along saying that my girlfriend had called and cancelled the weekend away.

''Touché.''

Gwen was listening to our banter but didn't seem amused, so I asked her what was wrong. She said she was taken aback with our banter as adultery was no joke. I replied that it can be with a marriage as strong as ours. She sat there quietly and when I looked over she was softly crying. I dropped Gwen off at her parents home and went home. The kid's were pleased to see me home early and we played on the floor for a couple of hours until it was time to pick up William and Sarah. They were pleased to see me home early and asked if we could eat out, so we went to the Red Lobster for dinner. That night after the kids were in bed Amanda asked what had happened and I explained everything. I even said how Gwen and I had felt a weight had been lifted from our shoulders. Amanda seemed pleased and explained that we at last had some closure and things would be better with Gwen from now on. A couple of weeks later Amanda suggested we invite Gwen and her parents to Sunday dinner as Jason and Wendy hadn't seen their Grandparent's since Gwen arrived. And it was past time that Gwen met our children. I reluctantly agreed and the invite was made and accepted.

The day went off without a hitch and all four kid's seemed to get on well with Gwen, William even called her mom a couple of times. When this happened the first time the room got quiet, and Gwen looked at Amanda who just smiled and gave her the thumbs up. Sarah was still a bit distant with Gwen and when Amanda asked her why she astonished us yet again saying.

''If I call her mom and start loving her again what happens if she dumps us again?'' [out of the mouths of babes]

I looked at Sarah and saw tears rolling down her face, I thing they were tears of shame.

Amanda came to the rescue saying that was a long time ago and her mom had learned a lot since then and would never do that again. She then did a typical Amanda thing she went over to Gwen and gave her a hug and said ''welcome tom the family.'' I don't think there was an adult with dry eyes in the room.

Gwen's parents weren't well off but were comfortable with no money worries, but Gwen decided she needed a job. Her qualifications were out of date, so she enrolled in community college to qualify as a real estate agent the course was for two years. As Amanda and I were now quite affluent we bought Gwen a second-hand Toyota Corolla and gave it to her from the four children for her birthday. And yes more tears from all present.

Our extended family became closer each week. Gwen was now a regular visitor at our home, and I would often come home to find that she was staying to dinner. She even slept over a couple of times. All animosity has been forgotten and Gwen has been accepted as one of the family she even babysits for us when we go out.

Life is good.

.............................................

Epilogue:

It's been ten years since Gwen came back into our life. Sadly, her parents passed two years ago within a month of each other one from cancer the other from a broken heart, [official diagnoses heart failure]

Gwen now owns her parents house and with the money they left her she is doing well. She works at a real estate office and spends most of her spare time with us. She and Amanda became best friends and go on spa weekends and to the theatre and I babysit. [I don't like the theatre].

To the best of my knowledge Gwen never dates nor is interested in doing so. Amanda says it's because of her memories of being a captive prostitute. {She still has nightmares}

I think she got what she deserved but it has made her a better person and I have finally forgiven her, and Amanda says that makes me a better person.

In the end only time will tell.