Harmless Flirting - Dean's Dilemma

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Then Dean described her suit and her actions in the tub, which caused Kacie to start crying, saying, "You make me sound so awful, I did not do any of those things on purpose."

Dean actually did feel Dr. Grace was unbiased when she challenged Kacie.

"Kacie, let's be honest. I'm a woman too, so I know how well aware I am of what parts of me are showing. As females we are taught, well before we reach our teens, how to sit, stand, bend down and so on to protect our virtue. Even women who choose to do otherwise are well aware of what is or isn't on display. You'll have a difficult time convincing me that you were completely unaware of your actions. How do you explain your choice to wear something as revealing as a thong, that presented your neighbor with such views?"

"I wasn't going to, but I wanted Rich to be jealous of Dean for having such a sexy wife," Kacie claimed.

"I don't buy that," Dean spoke up. "I think that you wanted to tease Rich and make me jealous. Then, the longer you kept it up, the more you actually did want to show off your naked body. Hell, there sure wasn't much clothing hiding anything, only three square inches of thin fabric over your cooter, and two bottle tops over your nipples. And one of those had already jumped out for him in the tub, which you think I didn't notice. No, you were dying to show him." Dean claimed.

"I'm sorry Kacie, but I tend to agree, at least in part," said Dr. Grace.

"But I didn't want to," Kacie exclaimed, becoming exasperated.

"Do you have any idea how weak that position is, how unbelievable it sounds, considering that only minutes later you voluntarily did just that?" asked the doctor.

Kacie said, "Dr. Grace, you're saying that we should divorce, aren't you?" Then looking at Dean, she said, "I'm not giving up. I love you. I'm never agreeing to a divorce."

Dean remained quiet, as he didn't see any need to fight. Dr. Grace seemed to understand and even agree with his position. When the session was over, Kacie departed, but Dean stayed, wanting another word with Joan.

He told her, "You know, the first time that we met, I wasn't 100% positive about things, the divorce, I mean. I had been thinking about leaving her off and on for some time, but after that business with Ben at the picnic, and her assurances that she would never do that again, I really thought that we'd gotten past it. That is until Kacie started up her fucking game again, this time with Rich.

"I told you that I had already decided to see an attorney, before I caught them, but after I saw her and Rich with my own eyes, I fucking blew up. A couple of days later, after I cooled down some, I wasn't as positive about what I wanted as I let on.

"Funny, I thought that these meetings with you were supposed to make us question ending our marriage, and to give more consideration to saving it. However, talking with you, about all that happened, has made me see more clearly that I really don't like her. Yeah, I still love Kacie. But the selfish, game playing bitch underneath, I hate. I am more resolute than ever to proceed toward my freedom."

Joan sighed, "I could see that happening also. I wasn't sure, until now, that all possibility of an outcome other than divorce is gone. I'll see you at the last mandated session, I guess."

The last session ordered by the judge was even less productive, so the doctor decided to just write the report. The next time Dean saw Kacie would be in front of the judge.

***************************************

Author's note:

The upcoming part of this story takes place in court. The only things I know about actual legal issues were learned from TV, so my knowledge of a divorce court is pathetic. I have no intent on this part being accurate and what I have included here is for entertainment purposes... So, laugh a little! No need to point out which states are "No fault" - I don't care. The purpose for Dean in this proceeding was to minimize the time it took to gain his freedom and to not be stuck paying any alimony to an undeserving ex-wife. In my universe there is a place where a judge might conduct himself and his court like this one...

***************************************

The court date arrived. Kacie testified first and downplayed her role in the incident. Kacie's lawyer had subpoenaed Rich, hoping to show that he was the aggressor and that Kacie had been intimidated into doing what she did.

Her Lawyer successfully got Rich to admit the he had deliberately misquoted Dean's remarks about Kacie baring her top, and that he had also intentionally impeded her efforts to go after her husband. He admitted to asking her repeatedly to do as her husband had said, and allow him to see her naked breasts. Finally, Rich testified that Kacie had only agreed to allow him access to her chest for two minutes, and that no other sexual contact had been discussed or agreed to.

Kacie felt that her lawyer had placed enough blame on Rich that Dean might soften his stance and possibly forgive the incident.

Under cross-examination, Rich admitted that Kacie's choice of swimsuit and her actions that evening, had aroused him so much that he couldn't think of anything concerning that swimsuit, except getting her out of it, and she had displayed herself without any type of threat from him.

Kacie's lawyer challenged Rich, on redirect questioning, that a mere swim suit could cause such a reaction, to which Rich responded, "My god, no man would be able to think straight with her wearing that thing."

Kacie's lawyer tried again to minimize impact of the suit, saying that it was not unusually daring, but Rich snapped back, "Obviously, you've never seen her in it."

Kacie realized that any positive spin that was gained from Rich's answers to her lawyer's questions was not only lost, but a very negative light was then cast on her.

Calling Rich to testify was a mistake for Kacie's side. His testimony concerning the racy nature of the swimsuit being challenged by her council, allowed a wide-open door for Dean's attorney to introduce it as evidence.

Kacie's side objected to having it accepted by the court, but were overruled. Dean's attorney then challenged that if it was as innocent as was alleged, Kacie should model it for the court. Naturally, her lawyer responded that suggestion was ludicrous, and that she would do no such thing.

Dean's attorney had expected their refusal. He had retained the services of a model friend of Alex, that was a very good match for Kacie's body-type. Her purpose was to demonstrate the suit for the court, if the judge permitted.

Kacie's side objected, but since her lawyer had made a point out of saying how innocent that the suit was, the judge allowed a demonstration, worthy of Perry Mason. Kacie muttered to herself, "I wish that I hadn't forgot to get that damn suit out of the bathhouse, I would have burned it!"

The judge allowed Dean's team to set up a representation of the hot tub, steps, hand rail, ice chest and bathhouse. None of these items were constructed in their entirety, only enough was built to demonstrate the relative position of the items, and the importance relative to the case. A short video was shown of Dean's actual back yard, tub and bathhouse to verify to the court that the mock up was accurate in dimensions and represented the actual layout.

Seats were placed in the mock hot tub. The Judge was seated where Rich had been and a court bailiff was seated at Dean's spot. There was a collective gasp heard throughout the courtroom when the model, wearing Kacie's actual thong bikini, stepped into the room. The judge and bailiff both seemed to be shocked at her bold appearance. The model looked as hot in the suit as Kacie had, causing the judge to squirm, and cast several disapproving looks at Kacie.

Kacie's lawyer objected to the demonstration one more time, more aggressively.

The judge held up his hand, indicating for the model to stop, and addressed Kacie's lawyer, "Sir, you introduced the idea that this suit was not the risqué apparel that the plaintive has suggested, and should not be considered as a valid reason for the plaintive to pursue a divorce action. I have already ruled to allow this demonstration and, at the conclusion, the court will give due consideration of its merit. Are we clear?"

Her lawyer nodded his head, indicating that he understood and would comply. Kacie hung her head, knowing that all would see her as a slut of a wife.

The judge then told the model, "Proceed."

She walked to the tub, eased down the steps, swung her ass right in the judge's face and sat between the two men, just as Kacie had done that evening. Dean's attorney then had the model demonstrate how she could have entered the tub, down the right side of the handrail and sit by the bailiff (representing Dean), showing that it was completely possible to have been more lady-like even with that suit on.

Then, the model sat again between the two men, in the same position that Kacie had taken. It was then suggested that the judge required another drink, and the model popped up to volunteer to get it. She did this aggressively, just as Kacie had done causing her tits to bounce seductively. It was pointed out that, were she in actual water, there could have been more exposure of her breasts.

The defense lawyer objected to speculation that a higher probability of exposure existed, but withdrew the objection when Dean's attorney offered to provide a prerecorded video demonstration of the model in the actual hot tub.

The demonstration then continued, with the model walking slowly up the steps. She paused at the last one, then bent over at the waist with her feet slightly apart, to simulate fetching Rich a beer. The judge's view up her ass crack was perhaps more damning than what Kacie had actually done, but her lawyer felt that they needed this demonstration to finish, and the quicker, the better, so he kept silent.

Dean's attorney pointed out that Kacie had made the trip to the cooler twice that evening, but it was Dean's team's contention that her moves had been essentially the same, so they considered that the demonstration was complete.

Kacie's lawyer was asked if he had any questions, or if he wanted to argue the validity of the demonstration. Kacie said something to her lawyer, and then he spoke, "Your honor, my client feels that the seating was incorrect."

Dean's attorney spoke up, "Your Honor, we can recall the neighbor to the stand and verify our version of the seating, or anything else about the demonstration."

Kacie's lawyer again withdrew his objection, fearing that Rich would verify everything and do further damage to the case.

Then Dr. Grace took the stand and testified that she did not believe that further counseling would be productive. She also believed that Mr. Brown's assessment that he would never be able to trust her again, or forgive her, was honest. Furthermore, even if he forgave her, she was likely to break his trust again. Dr. Grace stated her belief that Mr. Brown was justified in reaching that assessment.

In addition, the doctor said, "In my professional opinion, Mrs. Brown has two addictions. The first addiction is to alcohol, not that she can't function without it, but when she does drink, she makes the most awful decisions.

"The second addiction, and most damaging to this marriage, is the need to receive attention from men. She enjoys her interaction with them, the purpose of which is to stimulate her husband. Mr. Brown, however, doesn't share her satisfaction from this activity, if fact, he hates it. She seems unable, or unwilling, to recognize the hurt and damage it does to her husband, or that he in no way enjoys this game. Mr. Brown's assertion, that the marriage is not salvageable, is supported by the interviews that I conducted per court order."

Neither side had questions for the doctor.

The final move, made by Dean's legal team, was to enter into evidence the pictures Dean had taken that evening. When Kacie's lawyer didn't object, Dean's attorney offered to not call Rich to the stand, and have him explain in detail how Kacie voluntarily allowed herself to be so compromised, if she would acknowledge that she indeed had allowed it.

She nodded her head, not wanting her behavior to be exposed any further. She had lost her husband. She knew that there was no possibility that Dean would reconsider. Watching that model depict her actions had unnerved her. Kacie was going to need professional help to come to grips with the fact that her actions caused all of the discourse in her life.

The judge called for a one-hour recess to consider the evidence and testimony.

When he rendered his decision, the judge told Kacie, "Mrs. Brown, I hope that you have learned something about acceptable behavior in a relationship. If you find yourself considering marriage again, I trust that you will adjust enough to avoid having to come before me again."

He told Dean, "I hope you use better judgment selecting a partner next time."

The judge decreed that in 90 days, Kacie and Dean Brown would no longer be man and wife, then delivered the property settlement. Each party had their own car and would keep it. Their assets would be split 50 / 50 including all saving, checking and investment accounts. The house was irrelevant, it belonged to a third party without any agreement to purchase or lease. His Honor expressed pleasure that there were no children to consider. They are both gainfully employed, so there will be no alimony paid to either. The gavel struck... it was over. Alex got up and fist bumped Dean.

Epilogue,

Months later, in the middle of the night, in total darkness, Rich was attacked while sleeping. It was necessary for him to be hospitalized for a week. His testicles had taken a severe blow, but he would likely recover. The police suspected Dean immediately, as there was no indication that a robbery was attempted. Fortunately, Dean had an airtight alibi, a dozen witnesses placed him at a party well out of town at the time of the attack.

The police also considered Alex as a suspect, but he told the cops that he had spent the entire night with his girlfriend, which she confirmed. The police figured that one, or both of them was involved, but had no proof. There were no fingerprints, no stolen property, no DNA, no witnesses. Nada. It seemed that Alex ALWAYS did have Dean's back.

Kacie was slow to start dating again. She still truly loved Dean, and held on to hope for over a year past the anniversary of the divorce, that maybe Dean would consider reconciliation. He never did.

When she did start to date, word of her being such a notorious flirt that she lost a husband was common knowledge. That reputation caused most men who did ask her out, to do so only with an expectation of sex. She went out, but with her heart still full of Dean, she refused to have sex with any of them. Because they were asking her out, believing that she was "easy," only to find out differently, she rarely dated a guy more than twice.

Finally, she met a guy from out of town who didn't know her reputation. They became a couple, and she finally seemed happy again. Four years after her divorce, she married the guy, but divorced two years later when she caught him cheating on her.

At the ten-year mark since her divorce from Dean, she had been alone for four years. Out of loneliness and despair, she began accepting dates under the pretext of being "easy" and fulfilled that expectation. In an attempt to ease her shattered world, Kacie turned to alcohol. Her troubles remained, but her alcohol problem deepened, she drank heavily, daily.

Dean didn't shake off his memory of Kacie quickly either, but after a year he started dating, now and then. No woman he met seemed to click with him, until this vision of a young woman strolled into his company's main office one day. She was a buyer for one of their customers and captured Dean's attention. He found out who she was and who she represented, and it was no surprise to anyone at the company that he decided to handle all transactions with her himself. In fact, his colleagues were happy for him, he was well liked by most people.

Her name was Linda, and had never been married. Like Dean, she had been approaching the dating world with caution. There was something that drew her to Dean, and after their first meeting, she asked around about him, and received very favorable reports from a married woman that she knew within Dean's company.

Dean also made enquiries about Linda, finding out that she had been close to the alter, but had discovered infidelity by her fiancé, and called it off. With Alex's encouragement, Dean decided to take a chance and call to ask her out. Initially, Linda was reluctant, but just as Dean was about to hang up, she agreed to meet at a restaurant for dinner.

There first minutes at the restaurant were awkward, as most first dates are, both individuals stumbling all over themselves trying not to look or sound foolish. By the end of dinner those early difficulties had mostly melted away.

Second, third, and fourth dates were a steady trip, for both, toward love. Each successive time out was distinguished by an ever-growing need, to touch each other more, to kiss each other with more passion, and to explore more of each other's body. After two months, they were an openly exclusive couple. Around their third month together, Linda invited Dean in, after a date had gone very late, which was unusual.

He had spent time at her place before, watching a movie and doing some heavy-duty necking. In fact, after the previous date, where they had been at a club dancing, she had invited him in "for a night cap." The real purpose however, was to reward her man for a wonderful evening and get him off with a nice BJ. She discovered that he believed in equality, and though she hadn't expected a favor in return, he sucked her tits while fingering her to bliss. Then she sent him on his way.

This date had gone late. He was expecting to get a hot kiss and to be sent home, with a promise to be rewarded later. Instead, she invited him to stay the night, provided they talk some first, which Dean did not object to at all.

Linda started the talk, "Dean, I'm really falling for you, and I'm ready to take this to the next level, but I need something. I know that we've agreed to be exclusive, but I would like you to swear to me that it is not just words. I haven't had that many relationships, and I think you are aware of what happened to my last one. Are we a couple? Just me, no one else?"

"I've told you about my first marriage. Fidelity is at the top of my 'must have' list. Linda, I have already fallen in love with you. For me, there will never be anyone else in my life, for as long as you will have me," he replied.

"I was afraid to say it first. Dean, I love you with all my heart. Stay tonight, make love to me all night," she said, as they slipped into a passionate kiss.

Linda broke the kiss, stood, and urged Dean to his feet. She pulled him to her bedroom, while unbuttoning, unfastening, and losing clothing along the way. By the time they reached the bed, she was down to a hot pink and black bra and panty set, Dean was down to his boxers.

Dean said, "You look awesome."

"I have a confession... I can get a little kinky in the bedroom, when I'm totally comfortable," she said.

"What will it take for you to get totally comfortable?" Dean asked, with visions of all kinds of debauchery racing through his mind.

"I have to know that it is just you and me. That you would never betray me, no matter what. That you wouldn't judge or laugh at me, even if I want something more from you than run-of-the-mill sex. It's OK if there's something that I propose that you're not alright with, just don't chastise me. I want to feel that I can say anything to you inside these walls, no harm, no foul," she said.