All Comments on 'Harper’s Reckoning'

by EmilyMiller

Sort by:
  • 100 Comments
IcarusascendingIcarusascending12 months ago

I like it. Had good feel in its simplicity, but pretty original, at least for this catagory

dmallorddmallord12 months ago

Lady – you are probably going to be flamed for this one. I expected it to be a burn the bitch story. That's a new term I've learned here. But this was a head twister when I realized Laura was the husband ... you're a glutton for punishment, girl. Still, I give this a five-star rating for a well-told story and a nice twist in this category. I hope others don't lash your posterior like the women in the wooden stocks.

300WSM300WSM12 months ago

Loved the concept and the story, not everything has to be the same.

payenbrantpayenbrant12 months ago

Well written, might be better for fetish than loving wives category. If it was in fetish would give it a 5. Since it is in loving wives I give it a three. Your writing is spot on though. Nice little twists put in. Will love to read more of your work

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

proverbialassholeproverbialasshole12 months ago

You hid well the fact that the spouse is a woman, so it truly was a twist. I had to reread part of the story to find where I missed the clues, but I still didn't see any, so you managed well with the twist. On the other hand, there is a category specifically for this type of relationships. To be honest, I was a bit miffed after I got what happened, but it still is a good story. Only it feels to me like the wrong category, but other categories have blurred lines as well. Dunno, up to the ppl I guess.

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundasson12 months ago

I wouldn't have read this if it had been labelled Lesbian, but I enjoyed it. Great story with a good twist at the end and accurately placed in LW. 5*

someoneothersomeoneother12 months ago

This is not a LW story. Should be in Lesbian, where I could have ignored it.

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller12 months agoAuthor

Guys (it is mostly guys, right?), I wanted to apologize for one thing. I got my edited versions muddled - 👱‍♀️👱‍♀️👱‍♀️ - and reintroduced some typos I had already fixed and then didn’t notice. Kinda pissed really. Fixed verison in the pipeline, but won’t be there for a few weeks. Em

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Wrong category. Don't care if they are married. Not okay.

SerradaCSerradaC12 months ago

First Emily OMG this is so good. The haters are right, Loving Wives does not deserve this gem. Most of the basement dwellers who inhabit this category and who spend their days trying to figure out what a woman is in real life, will hate everything about it. Even with typos it is better than 90% of the dross that is usually here. Right this moment I am in love. Everything about this story is genuine and well done, typos not withstanding. As far as categories, yes it could have been in Lesbian and the poor incels could carry on wanking over women and problems they will never have, but but it would not have been so perfectly placed as it is here. Thank you for this story, thank you for having balls bigger than most of the readers of this category and putting it here, just thank you. Five stars of course, a fav story, and a new follower.

MrPixelMrPixel12 months ago

I liked it. The missing gender references from the onset revealed the nature of the marriage; you get credit for trying, at least. Nice twist to wrap things up. Ignore the naysayers, it's a good one for LW that... oh, geez... just happened to break the same ol' formula. Good for you.

To be totally honest, Em, I have some difficulty with the clipped style you typically start your stories with. That said, I can feel it when you relax into the meat of the story, the flow becomes even and - dare I say - comfortable.

A well-deserved 5. Thank you.

MajorRewriteMajorRewrite12 months ago

"That's right bitches, is your skin burning yet? You bitches both deserve to burn." We see what you did there. BTB. Ha.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere12 months ago

I really liked this, Emily. Yes a departure, but a pleasant surprise to find it in this category. Much more pleasant than finding dick in the the Lesbian category. There was one point there where Laurel addressed herself, but I'll take you at your word that some found error crept back into the published version. Anyway, I liked the way it came together, and would certainly like to find the future some day in another chapter, if you'd like!

lc69hunterlc69hunter12 months ago

Damn, Em, you can write one hell of a love story, and at the end of the day, that is what this is

MigbirdMigbird12 months ago

Mia in the middle — could not help myself. Delightfully erotic; loved the surprise/revelation and the ending. Glad you posted in LW — why not.

CriosCrios12 months ago

Most original Loving Wives story I've read in a long time. Wonderful twist at the end!

TrionyxTrionyx12 months ago

Interesting story. Liked it.

That she kept referring to her ‘spouse’ and not her husband was a clue early on that she was in a lesbian marriage. You might have considered simply using a gender-neutral name for her to refer to and then the average reader would have assumed the spouse was male.

The real surprise twist was the relationship that had already existed between Mia and Laura and the nature of same. Others have mentioned this story should have been submitted in the fetish or lesbian categories and while I can’t totally disagree, I still think posting this in Loving Wives was perfectly appropriate.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingman12 months ago

I'm giving ***** for the story, for the writing, for the fact I didn't see the twist coming. I have one question what was her kink she didn't reveal to Laura?

oneagainstoneagainst12 months ago

Nice story, enjoyed the characters, but have to consider whether drinking Zinfandel is suited to LW. Feels more appropriate for Fetish or BDSM maybe.

CagivagurlCagivagurl12 months ago

Well, it was nice to s something different. A well thought out tale, and I enjoyed the flow. The characters were interesting and you managed to bring them to life.

An enjoyable read, well deserving of the 5 stars.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

Cagivagurl

JBEdwardsJBEdwards12 months ago

I thought the story is spectacular, all the more so because it's in the Loving Wives rubric. I just discovered you as an author and I am looking forward to reading more of your stuff. Congratulations on this story. Five stars, JB Edwards

oldpantythiefoldpantythief12 months ago

Great, but so different, story. Had to reread the part where Laura walks in on Harper and Mia because it caught me off guard for a bit. Guess I'm just a little slow but it finally sunk in what was happening. Hell, I was just reading along enjoying the story and was missing so many clues, duh. Got to wonder about the ending though, they were in a wooden stock that smelled of creosote. That shit is some bad stuff and can cause health problems from just breathing the fumes let alone getting any on the skin. Anyway, liked the story, the twist at the end and the 'happy' ending.

GrendelpuppyGrendelpuppy12 months ago

I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't understand that the FMC was in a lesbian marriage until her wife walked in on her. What a riot to put this in LW rather than the lesbian category. This will cause many BTB heads to explode.

I really appreciated the effective use of First Person perspective. Few authors can pull it off. Most spend far to much verbiage regaling the readers with unnecessary details of their life history.

Gmann006Gmann00612 months ago

i gave you 4 stars thank you for your twist

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Couldn't get past the first few paragraphs.

Chuck100Chuck10012 months ago

This was a twist on a cheating wife. I figured something was not right but it all came together when Laura came through the door.

rnebularrnebular12 months ago

I liked it, definitely a different take on a loving wife story. Sure, it could have gone in lesbian but I think this is a better place for it. Sadly, not everyone will agree but I think those people probably don't enjoy half the content here due to their beliefs. Thank you for sharing!

Frankfiredawg06Frankfiredawg0612 months ago

It’s in the right category

You did well

5 ⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Just out for a troll? Now you can giggle about how naughty you are, trolling all the mean LW meanies. God, how childish.

NoTalentHackNoTalentHack12 months ago

Kinky as usual, and lovely as always. Thanks for dipping your toe in here, Em!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

chef's kiss.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Wrong category. I would have skipped on by if it had been in fetish or lesbian where it belongs. That dropped it from a 4 to a 2.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Wrong category, should have been lesbian. The twist wasn't a surprise, it was pretty clear from the outset. Skipped most of the rest.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

'Proverbialasshole, the first 'clue', at least for me, is when 'Harper' is searching in a 'purse' for a vape pen. One star.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

The story had some Red Herrings which were good however the married couple action seemed contrived and a bit awkward.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer12 months ago

Thank you for a great story. For once, I didn't catch on until the intervention by the "spouse". Well done for the clever disguise, as I wasn't even suspicious. Yes, as a male, I have encountered married ladies that had many, deeply erotic, fantasies and desires not only to be submissive (that their husbands never knew) but also bi desires that they had surpresed for many years. That also their husband never knew. It gave me a lot of enjoyment to draw out their desires and intro them to bi ladies I knew. Thanks again for the story. Cheers.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x12 months ago

Captain Obvious alert! I'm a nitpicker. Many find my nitpicks obvious at best, annoying at worst. If that bothers you, please just go onto the next comment, because I won't be changing in this lifetime.

\

I agree with your professor. Set the hook to make us want to read the story. Any pertinent details will be come out in due course during the story. If they don't then they weren't important.

\

"Work is far from the center of my life." - So it' probably doesn't need to be mentioned.

\

I'm getting bored already with all the description, and we still haven't got to the real, action.

\

Sorry, couldn't make it past page one, boring.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

fun take on loving "wives". Kudos for opening that door albeit a bit too much kink for me.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

great story, i dont usually comment but this was great, loved the twist and the eroticism of it.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Would have thought that this would have been in the lesbian section

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Well written! I had no clue Laura was a woman until she showed up. I enjoyed it.

Frank66Frank6612 months ago

Emily is able to tell a story, and tell it well. The story wasn't for me, or designed to be so. She has apologized for the wrong version printed, so the typos like 'make' instead of naked and the very typical 'martial' instead of marital, found in so many stories, can be excused. I'm baffled by the content- lesbians, women in general, are supposed to be the communicative, sensitive ones. Adverse to inflicting pain on others. Loyal to friends and spouses. Here, it's all reversed, and it seems in Emily's world, men are not to be mentioned or have any thing to do with. The male version of that would be called a chauvinist sexist pig. What's the opposite of 'toxic masculinity'?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This is an untagged lesbian story, the 'marriage' is a lesbian one. This is merely additional contamination of the Loving Wives concept by communities outside of the straight, heterosexual paradigm. This story explores fetishism and BDSM in addition to the main purpose of offering validation to a deviant lifestyle. None of this story was the stuff of Loving Wives. The writer stooped to deceit in order to have their material posted in Loving Wives, no doubt a category that offers more views than either Lesbian Sex, Fetish, or BDSM. Most likely combined! These categories are like Picasso paintings for the soul and are not the venues of typical Loving Wives clientele. Regardless of receiving five star comments, this piece was below three stars, at 2.76 when writing this review. This means that more of the readership hit 'Dislike' or 'Hate It' than anything higher than three stars. I suspect selective comment deletion is the reason for this, as there are only 18 comments posted. Keeping the supporters, tossing the non-complementary jibes.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

this and nearly every story you have is self absorbed garbage. do you need attention that bad? you know this story does not belong in this category. you must not be getting fucked well out in the real world to be so desperate for followers and comments you put a lesbian story into LW. its a shame because it seems like you might be a decent writer if you weren't so obsessed with licking your own asshole

wish there was a rating lower than one star

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon12 months ago

When you get praise from NeuturedGrendelpuppy, you know you're not only in the wrong category, but you're posting here for bait.

You'll get the usual, "Wrong category", comments...but I suspect you already knew that and planned it that way.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great story with a great twist at the end. I do not know why the complaints about being in the wrong category when many of the diatribes in "Loving wives" are anything but loving wives and at the end of the day Harper is a wife.

Not sure about the title "HARPER’S RECKONING" it was Laura that cheated first and used their money, it should have been her in stocks not Harper getting her ass red. Just my thoughts. Still an excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Nice twist that the wife was a woman. The LW category threw that angle off.It caught me off guard. Slow beginning, but it was well worth reading to the end. *****

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Wonderful offbeat LW story! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I will give you credit for trying to include a twist, although you mostly failed by trying way too hard to keep from revealing the spouse's gender.

Sadly, that's all the good I can really say about this. The writing style sucked. The category you chose was not the best (or even second best) for this story. Your tags were only 2/3 correct. I also took a look at your list of works and can clearly see that you have serious issues. Not everything is a series. I'm guessing you're a bit anal retentive and allow that impulse to override your intellect, which would also explain a lot about the poor writing style and category choices.

I'm not saying it's a bad story. I'm just saying that the way you presented it lowers it's value, kind of like serving a gourmet meal on a dirty plate. As presented, it struggles to earn a 2. Presented properly, it would be an easy 3 and might even garner a 4.

SouthdownSouthdown12 months ago

Very well put-together tale cleverly disguised lesbian relationship.. Not my usual first choice story but being blind-sided somewhat made it OK. I have no prejudices only preferences and I prefer a well written story to a cookie-cutter job, well done Emily and I love your picture, very sexy.

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller12 months agoAuthor

Just wanted to say that I’ve not deleted a single comment (yet). Wishful thinking much 🤭. Em

djripdjrip12 months ago

Great twist! No, the other one.

Everyone's so tall!

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger12 months ago

Thank you Emily, far from the usual LW offering but really beautifully written in my opinion and an interesting story, two betrayals and hopefully one big reasonably happy ending. Well done.

I've just seen your comment on mot having deleted a single comment. We've written a similare number of stories so I'm only saying this as a relative equal. Don't delete comments, if someone rrads your story let them comment no matter hwo mean they appear. I've had one Anon who would like me to be kicked to death in an alley - so what, jsut someone venting, let them, I usually laugh at most comments good or bad.

Whatever you decide for you, is fine, that's just my opinion, thanks again, excellent story.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger12 months ago

Ooops sorry my dyslexia shining through

usaretusaret12 months ago

Wrong category, s/b Lesbian.

Djmac1031Djmac103112 months ago

I appreciate the mention, but I don’t recall adding much beyond warning you of the potential blowback and encouraging you to go with it anyway 😆.

As usual, great work.

I'd love to stick around, but I've got a bee allergy and you've kicked up quite the hornets nest. 😉

SplitGeode66SplitGeode6612 months ago

Disappointed by this story. I don't typically read lesbian, fetish, or BDSM stories. Thus, I felt used by the author's placement of the story in LW. I was kind of bored by much of the story, but I try to finish every story I start. 2 stars

jrgg43jrgg4312 months ago

Jumping into the fray. This is a very good story, and the twists work well. I was entertained, turned on, and happily surprised by the stories change of direction. Please keep up the writing standard and thank you.

Rob_RoyaleRob_Royale12 months ago

Fun and sexy with an interesting twist at the end. Well done.

OOAAOOAA12 months ago

Nice and hot story! Well written!! 5 stars!

26thNC26thNC12 months ago

Not nearly as cute as you thought it was.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Very well executed. Terrific story

CastAdriftCastAdrift12 months ago

Nicely done and very well written.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

so two cheaters find a common bond - age....

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

To clarify, as I seem to have edited out part of my comment that I did not intend to: 2/3 of the tags you used were correct. However, I did not mean to imply that your overall tagging was anywhere close to correct, as you failed to include many relevant and important tags.

RanDog025RanDog02512 months ago

The pain was exquisite. WTF? ex·quis·ite: adjective: extremely beautiful and, typically, delicate.

BobbyBrandtBobbyBrandt12 months ago

Thanks for sharing your imagination and skill.

Absolutely the correct category for the story.

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller12 months agoAuthor

@RanDog025 - I’m not answering comments on here in general (I have PMed some people who are registered on the forums) and certainly not looking to get into arguments. But I know what exquisite means and yes it is entirely appropriate. You should ask someone who knows what they are doing to use a flogger on you sometime. Then you will understand. Em

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Interesting troll

More often it's gay men who troll in this manner, amusing themselves by tricking straight folk into their world. A telling end of one sentence was her getting excited by the deception. Author assumes in the intro, prolly correctly, that most LW readers are male. She's prolly still giggling at having tricked all the smelly hairy heteros into her sapphic world.

Still, a pretty good read.

redboat7redboat712 months ago

That was Great!!

tralan69ertralan69er12 months ago

@sbrooks103x

Captain Obvious alert! I'm a nitpicker. Many find my nitpicks obvious at best, annoying at worst. If that bothers you, please just go onto the next comment, because I won't be changing in this lifetime.

\

I agree with your professor. Set the hook to make us want to read the story. Any pertinent details will be come out in due course during the story. If they don't then they weren't important.

\

"Work is far from the center of my life." - So it' probably doesn't need to be mentioned.

\

I'm getting bored already with all the description, and we still haven't got to the real, action.

\

Sorry, couldn't make it past page one, boring.

If you want to know boring, read one of your own stories!

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller12 months agoAuthor

Edit SNAFU all fixed now. Em

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Good twist and good story!

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller12 months agoAuthor

To the 67% of commanders who were positive, thank you. To the neutrals and polite negatives, thank you also To those with not much else to do but troll, I wrote you a poem. https://forum.literotica.com/threads/i-keep-a-troll-as-a-pet.1588423/ Emily

simplywizard_notsimplywizard_not12 months ago

@ EmilyMiller

Pretty sweet ending! Laura gets a RAAC and a double BTB too! I can't fathom why you only have a 67% comment approval rating. Since your ending satisfies both of the main LW factions it should be closer to 95%.

LIDiverLIDiver11 months ago

Not entirely our thing but loved it none the less.

Favorite author list!

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller11 months agoAuthor

@simplywizard_not - sorry for the delayed reply and thanks 😊. Em

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller11 months agoAuthor

@LIDiver - thank you 😊. Em

Dalelaw2164Dalelaw216410 months ago

I read this because of your Playground post, and it held me from the start to almost the finish, at which point it hit me right out of the ballpark…

Great story, I loved every bit of it.

And screw your English professors and their potential criticism of your story structure, it’s doubtful they could write something this tight and enthralling.

Thanks!

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller10 months agoAuthor

@Dalelaw2164 - that is very kind of you to say. Thank you 😊 Em

oldtwitoldtwit7 months ago

You ended this by saying it's a bit different for "loving wives" , and some….😄

I think you really got that so well nailed as a story, great character set, plot and descriptions, and of course the twist. So week done..thank you

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I gave it 1 star. I get pissed off when authors purposefully use miss leading story tags and put their stories into the wrong categories. The ending didn’t work for me because the plot was given away by the way the author started the story. She only gave a physical description of the main character

and not her spouse which meant the spouse was female. Ok the ladies are all lesbians how do we try to make a lame story better? I know let’s add BDSM or some other fetish to spice it up! This story seemed like it was written by a group of teenagers starting with an idea then trying to one up each other with more outrageous ideas till all your left with stupidity.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I liked it! It was definitely not what I expected and that's another reason why I liked it. I have never really been into BDSM but this was a nice intro to it.

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller6 months agoAuthor

@marriedexec2023 - it was written as layers of misdirection. I was assuming astute readers would see through the first twist, but be hit by the second. The epilogue was me having fun. Em

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sorry. You write well and that alone made this a pleasure to read. But “wife” or no, this story should be in the gay category, subsection lesbian. It is not what I want to read, and whether this is biased or not, I think “Loving Wives” is an implied hetero category, which is what I was looking for. I am NOT judging sexual preference here, to each her own, just asking for respect for the categories and traditions of Lit., and the readers. That being said, you are a terrific and very sensual writer and I wish you well.

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller6 months agoAuthor

@Anon - thank you for the polite and reasoned response. And for the kind comments on my writing. I understand your POV. Em

inka2222inka22225 months ago

UGH. Sorry, a RAAC doesn't stop being a RAAC just because there's two women involved instead of a heterosexual couple. This was well written, but no writing quality can save RAAC from being an awful depressing read :( And no dumb excuse about "I didn't want to soil our marriage with BDSM so I went to a prostitute" can fix the fact that she's a cheating scum... actually both of them are. I'm adding one point for the bait and switch with Laura ending up being a woman, I didn't expect that - so, 3.5 stars total, rounding to 4 because honestly those two cheaters deserve each other and good thing they aren't inflicted on innocent honest population.

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller5 months agoAuthor

@ inka2222 - thanks for the feedback. Em

DevilbobyDevilboby3 months ago

I think this was the wrong story for me from the time that ima got that call and immediately Harper was turned on by Mia's distress or that's how it felt to me, then to find the reaction to one broken relationship was to instigate another. I do like your stories but this wasn't mine. Sorry.

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

I really love the characters in this story, which in my mind at least belongs in the LW category because it concerns two married people who just happen to be lesbians. The story is their marriage, not their being lesbians. I enjoyed the ending, leaving tons of scope for further development in a number of directions.

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller3 months agoAuthor

@Devilboy - I write a wide range of stuff - not all will appeal to everyone - Emily

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller3 months agoAuthor

@Flameethrow - thank you 😊 Emily

rbloch66rbloch663 months ago

This was exquisite. A testament to the power of communication… its strength to build, and when absent, its strength to destroy from the inside like a cancer. We avoid being authentic for fear of being rejected. It’s agonizing. I think most people go through that, to varying degrees, whether they know it or not. Fear, insecurity, lack of awareness; however it manifests, are the result of a lack of acceptance, maybe love, as well. I’m not sure what the answer to that is. It seems do be a vicious spiral.

This story was written quite well. Full marks.👍🏻

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller3 months agoAuthor

@rbloch66 - thank you so much 😊 Emily

rbloch66rbloch6620 days ago

Purlitzer ,…. really!?!? I missed that first time around. I suspect it was intentional, to bolster the lack of writing ability of your character.

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller20 days agoAuthor

@rbloch66 - no, just my awful spulling 😬 Emily

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEmilyMiller@EmilyMiller
PLEASE NOTE THAT I DON’T SEXT HERE I’m Em. Just your common or garden Lit cumslut. I write a bit, mostly about me, I guess that makes me a terrible narcissist 😬. Or maybe a very good narcissist. Not sure how that one works TBH. Any unsolicited dick pics will lead to immed...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES