All Comments on 'Harry Baxter Pt. 03 Alternate Ending'

by demander

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Total disaster

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 3 years ago

Marc falling for Cindy and divorcing Faith was great, especially him marrying the younger, hotter woman and starting a family with her. It was a nice bit of karmic justice for Faith after she destroyed their marriage with her infatuation with Harry.

Unfortunately, the ending felt a bit rushed and it was a shame Faith ended up happily married at the end. It should've taken her years to get over losing her kids and husband for a night of infidelity with a narcissistic playboy.

Impo_64Impo_64almost 3 years ago

When you change the characters' character to achieve a different ending, te result is always bad! 1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, it was. You should stop living off the government tit and go back to work, because you sure as hell can't write.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 3 years ago

A little better than ending #1... but not by much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

WTF was that?

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 3 years ago

Well written, good plot lines and characters.

I liked that Marc finally acknowledged the insult of Faith using him as a flesh dildo, while fantasizing about Harry. IMO, that’s a realistic reaction. I liked that Marc dumped Cindy and married Faith. I also liked how Harry disappeared while Marc following the case with enough curiosity to imply involvement. He certainly couldn’t risk having Harry involved in his kids’ lives.

I didn’t like how Marc told Faith “…we blew it up.” The first part of his statement was more accurate: she blew it up, by allowing Harry to make himself a threat to their marriage. That was before the sex, it was as she lied, and omitted details, about events that Marc saw.

I also didn’t like how Cindy and Faith became friends, and the socializing between the couples. I think the story would have been better, omitting that- just let them peacefully coexist, communicating about their kids and maybe ex-extended families.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 3 years ago

I liked it better when Harry was put down. This hints that maybe it happened in this version as well but its not as satisfying not knowing. Being pals with faith and marrying Cindy makes Marc look weak. Cindy was part of the plan to break up Faith's marriage and it worked which makes her a bad person.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The ending was way too rushed. In a half page you wrote more meaningful information than all preceding pages. I liked the story but it could have been condensed into less than 4 pages in one reading.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

So the inevitable question you might have - Which ending was best? I'd have to go with Harry being buried for pure entertainment. The ups of this version is it does a good job of server the readers of the TRUE risk married couples face when playing in the infidelity/obsession minefield. Criticism of this version is how you accelerated the progression of the relationships and divorce, likely due to not wanting to add 2-3 more pages to properly lay out all the plot lines. You also short the impact of the children having their parents divorce with Cindy just fitting right in. THAT would never happen in real life! There is yet another version I wish you would write - seeing Marc and Cindy almost have sex on the dance floor triggers Faith to see what she is really risking, walking her back from the edge. 4*

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 3 years ago

I definitely liked the previous story better. This version seemed disjointed and confused. I guess we have to assume Marc did the same thing in this version as the last. If so, why? Didn't everybody's life except Harry's improve because of his actions. I really wanted to like this story but 3 stars is the best I can do.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A better ending than the first one. At least in this obe, the wife also gets to cheat.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionalmost 3 years ago

I liked the original ending better than the alternate ending. Alt. ending was good just not as good. One night and he starts talking marriage? That's a bit fast. I new my wife two months before I new she was the one and only. Everyone said it was to fast and wouldn't last, fifty two years ago. I'm still waiting for it to fall apart, for the train to come off the track. Do you think all those prognosticators could have been wrong? Thanks for the story and have a great day and kiss your partner.

GamblnluckGamblnluckalmost 3 years ago

Much better than the first ending. Marc was still an ass to screw Cindy but it worked out. He was right, Faith would have fucked Harry eventually. This way he had a little pride left. He should have said that at one point. Like the day after the ball when he refused to have sex with Faith. I gave you 5 stars in the hopes good ratings gets you more readership.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why do people cheat? It screws up the lives of so many people. A stray glance, misbegotten word or casual touch can unleash a butterfly effect that wreaks havoc amoung families! It is a form of pure Evil.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

Like a meandering winding stream.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Gave this series a 3. I would have preferred that Faith have more difficulty finding a new husband. And also would have preferred multiple point of view first person narratives instead of the third person narrative. But that's just me, I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow! So Faith still gets a happy ending and Harry is free to what....continue breaking up marriages. Very disappointing.

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 3 years ago

? This one made no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Putrid characters all around. Nothing to like

jaythemanjaythemanalmost 3 years ago

This ending lacked consistency. The husband was obviously on full alert. He had done background and purchased supplies to subdue Harry. It is very difficult to see him just flipping a switch and deciding to swap. The husband from part 1 would fight for his marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This has to be the most stupid story ever submitted to this site.

tangledweedtangledweedalmost 3 years ago

I fell in love with a girl after sleeping with them for the first time. When I was 18. Can't remember her name now. At least there are ludicrous alternate endings to go with the ludicrous story, for balance.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

I'll just forget that I read this one and stop with the first ending. I didn't quite understand the escheat against Harry's accounts. If he died without heirs, did Marc actually take him out? If he did, that's great, but Faith still gets a happy ending and I didn't care for that.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Kinda dumb. The fact that Faith still wanted her marriage yet still obviously planned on fucking Harry is one of those really, REALLY stupid plot points lazy writers use to whip up the outrage of the reader. No idea what happened after that little bit of idiocy was thrown in there as I walked away.

And this "..I fell in love with you last night on the dance floor," and she did too, nope thats lust. In the end this was nothing but a 2 star story.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 3 years ago

Misspelling "CHARITY" was a bit of a harbinger of what was to come. This was not good enough to be mediocre.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Aweful, just plain aweful.......swinging purely does not work for 86% of couples

JJ

Decal_lastDecal_lastalmost 3 years ago

Almost even but Harry got off easy in #2. Good story!

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Harry apparently fell off the earth.... or perhaps a cliff. I think most of the BTBAAC and ANON readers didn't understand that whole paragraph alluding to Harry's bank account. Google 'escheat '. Then think.... why was Harry's bank account inactive? Perhaps subtlety is too..... subtle.

.

Great ending! VERY creative plot twists! Faith screwed up, literally. 5/5!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Based on the last paragraph I think Harry still occupied one of the holes the husband dug. The wife dug her own hole and the husband came away with a younger woman who knew the value of the man she had.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

Is it really easy to jumped from one marriage to another?

I mean going from on true love to another in less of a year??

Anyway this is fiction so be it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Perhaps it was too quick for Cindy to marry Marc but his moving on was more probable than most BTB endings created by super mercenaries who can hack in any computer system to wreck havoc on cheating exes.

fritz51fritz51over 2 years ago

I was wanting a more gradual change over to Cindy. Perhaps all started when Marc found out at the Ball that Faith was not wearing panties at Harry's request. That could have pushed Marc over the edge & Cindy could have moved in, but slower, perhaps.

Did Marc still plant Harry in the hole? What became of him... who cares?

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 2 years ago

I think using “escheat” without more explanation leaves many of your readers unaware of the high probability that Harry is dead.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

I liked this ending better. Seems more plausible.thanks

bobareenobobareenoover 2 years ago

Better ending, although it seems Harry once again did not survive. I didn't think Harry's death was necessary, especially since Harry inadvertently improved Marc's life by providing Marc's shot at Cindy. Still, I liked the notion that Marc didn't return to his wife Faith, she had screwed the pooch with her constant desire for Harry, despite Marc's warnings and knowledge of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked the original ending better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hate to see marriages with children end up in divorce, but Faith had proven herself untrustworthy. the end of the marriage was too painless to be real life but hey, it's a story. And just think, Harry ended up in a hole anyway; I wonder if Marc ever visits. Good ending 5*****. I gave the same to your first version and it's hard to decide which I prefer. Faith definitely could not be trusted after this; Harry would have kept after her unless he was permanently erased. And even then, someone else would come along. She is a wholly unsympathetic character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No real ending!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ehhh,cum sie cum sah Not much happening here. LP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A good friend Tom of ours ended his wife Kathy want to be fling we he caught her lover Dom want to be trying to get his hand in her pants. My friend walked up behind them and slugged him in the jaw . He grabbed his wife and said time to be with our friends and was leading her towards our table. Just as they were about at our table Dom was coming fast up behind him. When I thought the time was right I warned him and he kicked back and hit Doms knee. Dom went down. It was good that Dom had just grabbed Tom a split second before he kicked. That made it self defense. He told the police that earlier that he thought Kathy was being attacked. Kathy walked the line as far as everyone knew.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I found the first ending to be more believable than this one. The first part of the story did not indicate that Marc was losing his loving feelings for Faith due to her still wanting to fuck Harry, so his sudden agreeing to swap Faith for Cindy after the Ball in the second ending was just not consistent with the Harry in the first part of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I like this ending better than the previous ending. After all the warnings, Faith still couldn't pull her head out of her a**. She could have stopped the swap as much as Marc but chose not to stop the swap. At that point, there was nothing left to save. Nice that Marc and Cindy could have this "instant" connection and move on with their lives. Could have been more details concerning the kids and impacts on the kids.

Harry's demise could have been a little more blatant. The ending just left me a little flat.

mfj

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow all the wives written by this author are unrepentant and once they cheat, not only can they not stop but have to be brazen in front of their husband's telling them they won't stop, basically kicking sand in their face. And then more often than not they remarry a new guy with whom they settle down happily and have kids. Wtf?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Again all the author's wives get hooked on sex when they have a fling. And demand to keep doing it. Wtf?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

First part had promise. The other 2 parts were absolute trash. Not even worth rating. 0*

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 1 year ago

Now THaaaaT’S the way to write a burn! Much better than the initial chapter 2

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

Thanks for your writing.

sneakoneoutsneakoneoutover 1 year ago

I liked the second one much better. In the first, killing Harry just seemed that the writer wanted an easy way to solve the problem. I don’t know why Harry was killed in the second one. It would have been better to have him lead a miserable life.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What to expect another dumb story and ending

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

In all of these types of stories the ending is contrived and rushed. Hopping from one person to another is just not worthy of a well written story 2/5

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

OK liked the ending here too.....there are stories you really do a great job on, this on both endings I liked. This ending a stretch with Marc and Cindy having a quick connection, but it is a fantasy story, well done.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A good story by you again,nice to see after a couple of duds that snuk in among your normal writings.The instant in love enough to get married upon the first meeting/dance is so far fetched its hard to accept,instant in lust easy is far more realistic. entertaining ...4 stars..JZK

SeaChangerSeaChanger4 months ago

So every one but Harry is happy. This does not seem likely,

ReadyOneReadyOne4 months ago

Harry isn't finished with a married woman until he has her in her husband's bed.

This did not happen.

Also, Harry didn't vanish. Should have explicitly written him off stage, in suspicious circumstances.

BSreaderBSreader4 months ago
Nope

Didn't like this finish not at all.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It's hurried and that ruins it. I would have far prefered an organic growth in the relationship between Cindy and Marc. Faith at least was honest, Marc was like the last story is a sly jerk off. Like almost all murderers a weak and pathetic individual. Who in this case couldn't even satisfy his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Well Faith-less got what she deserved, all for thr sake of a fleeting group of better orgasm with Harry. Note the sex was not as good as she expected the second time around because the thrill was gone. And Cindy had been with Harry for quite some time, but her love for Marc, something that Faith-less had forgotten about, made her experiences with Marc better than anything she had with Harry.

As humans we are nit androids with built in sensory memory and ratings of our orgasms.

Seriously, what is the sex you remember years later? Your first time? Your first time with your future spouse or someone you intensely loved? Wedding night? Honeymoon? Some special vacation? Some exotic location? Some special moment? A new partner? It isn't a digital play by play in the brain. Our sexual highlights are colored by who, what, where, when, and how. If someone has great orgasms with a person but had a bad memory post factem, like a breakup, caught cheating, or a divorce, then those memories get colored negatively. If someone is still with their loving partner after decades and have built a life together then sex earlier in their relationship, while probably high quantity, is not necessarily the best in terms of quality, objectively speaking, but the vivid memories of all the other things going on, living together for the first time, honeymoon m, early anniversaries, all color those sexyal experiences positively. Faith-less will have very little positive about her time with Harry. At the time the sex was great, better than Marc, though the latter is no slouch. But as the thrill wore off, she did it more because she thought she was getting payback on Marc falling for Cindy and she was angry. Hee decision to have a "fake" relationship with Harry, just killed her marriage. It might have already been done, even without Cindy, but she put the nails in the coffin. In reality, Faith-less was pretty dumb. She should have gotten worried watching how exquisitely Marc and Cindy danced. That was a warning she ignored due to her amped kust for Harry. Oh well. Too bad. So sad. Don't cheat!

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianabout 2 months ago

Much better ending than the other. Marc would never be able to trust Faith ever again. Therefore, she became irrelevant in his life. Good for him. Keep up the good work. MtM

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Harry Baxter Series Info

SIMILAR Stories