He Used To Be My Idol

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I did some research so that I had something. The day I walked into their offices, it was pretty daunting. Ross, the guy who I had been talking to, met me at reception and walked me through to a meeting room.

I expected business suits and god knows what, but they were dressed like me, they talked like me and made me feel at ease.

After my presentation, they introduced me to one of their accountants, Roy. He helped me build a business proposal. He laughed when I apologised for not really understanding. "Dude, it's all good. You're here because you're an ideas man, your ability to design. I'm here to make it a feasible proposition."

We worked for two days as he built up spreadsheets and time frames.

We went back to the management team and they agreed to fund my development. It wasn't hundreds of dollars, it was many thousands, and they were so enthusiastic.

Ross helped me find some premises and I set up my offices.

I finished my first computer game, and they helped me put together a pitch that I could float to the major game manufacturers. I expected there to be little interest, but if anything, it was the exact opposite. I floated it to several different companies and Ross went along with me. I was blown away when the very first one said they wanted it, and offered me a very large sum of money.

Ross laughed in their faces. "Come on, guys, remember, we are taking this to several other companies. If you're not going to take us seriously, we won't be back."

It only took a couple of weeks and I had sold my first one and paid back my investors. The second and third sold quickly, as well. I built on those successes. I had lots of ideas, all I needed was to support them with logic. For the next month, it felt like I did nothing but write code.

I was thankful when Ross dragged me away to go surfing.

Of course, that led to a few drinks at a local bar and I met an amazing girl. She was a surfer, and into music. She was chasing her own dreams. We hit it off and ended up in a relationship of sorts. It was my first experience with a casual relationship. Up until then, all of my relationships had been committed.

This was hard because Cheryl didn't want that. She liked her freedom. It hurt the first time I saw her with another guy. I just about lost it. We had been dating for two months, and although she warned me it was casual, I didn't realise that meant she was seeing other guys. It broke my heart.

I wanted to slap her. She saw me at the bar and came over as if nothing was wrong. "Hey, Luke, how's things?" Just like that.

"Who's the guy?" I hissed.

Confused, she replied curtly. "A friend, why?"

"I thought we were dating?"

"Luke, I told you. Our relationship is casual. I don't ask you about what you do when we are not together. Don't fuck this up. I like you."

I walked out, leaving my beer unfinished on the bar.

She called me a few days later, "Wanna see a movie or something?"

"Cheryl, I don't know. I'm not sure I can do casual. I thought we had something going on."

"We do, Luke, but I told you. I'm not ready to commit to anything. We're both free. Do you wanna see the movie or not?"

"Yeah, okay." It felt like I just gave in, but over a few days I forgot she was seeing other guys. She even introduced me to one of her friends who invited me out to a concert. When Cheryl found out, I was expecting fireworks, but all she did was ask, "How was the concert?"

Weird. It was my introduction to casual sex. Cheryl and I lost touch when she jetted off to Nashville to follow her music dream. I dated several women over the next couple of years.

I guess it was a good time. I immersed myself in developing games, and what had always driven me most: Three D, and virtual reality. I wanted my games to come to life, to immerse whoever played it in a total experience.

It was during that work where I uncovered a little invention. It was mind-blowingly simple, but it elevated my games. I was onto something, and I drove it harder, building on it. Midway through the next year, I had it nailed and I had something I could really sell. This was going to be millions, not thousands.

I floated the idea and got a lot of responses. I brought in Ross to work with me. I was shocked when one of the biggest games producers in the world wanted my invention.

I had to present it to them in LA the next week.

Flying into LA was a bit strange, I hadn't been back since Kayla and I broke up going on three years before.

I had a quick meet and greet with a representative in the afternoon. He seemed okay, if a little pretentious, dressed in his designer suit and carefully coiffured hair, with just the right amount of designer stubble.

He seemed like the epitome of the archetypical Hollywood manager. During our afternoon meeting he stunned me when he asked, "Would you like some female company tonight?"

"Are you hooking me up?"

He shrugged. "I could, we usually offer our clients the opportunity. We know it's tough when you're just dropping in."

Thinking about it, I nodded. "Yeah all right. She better be hot, though."

"You won't be disappointed, man."

Ross and I went up to our rooms and prepared for tomorrow's presentation. We went back down to meet the sleazy dick,;hopefully the company he represented would be better, because he didn't impress either Ross or me.

We walked in and Roosevelt, yeah the pretentious bastard, he was there at a table with a group of other company reps. There were handshakes all around, and they got in the drinks. We had been talking for about an hour when Roosevelt stood up and rushed over towards the bar.

Thankfully the other company reps were much better. They understood what we were talking about. In fact, they seemed honest.

Roosevelt, reappeared with the most gorgeous woman on his arm. Like an ad from some promotion, the woman clad in a sparkling silver full length dress that fit her like a glove. Her beautiful long flowing blonde hair fell across her spectacular exposed shoulders. The flowing locks perfectly framed her face, highlighting those deep sparkling blue-grey eyes. Her perky boobs pressed the slinky fabric showing as she moved.

As they neared the table Roosevelt completed the introductions, ending with me. "Candice, this is Luke."

She hadn't looked my way throughout the introductions. When her eyes fell on me, and our hands clasped, she gasped. "Luke, oh my god. How have you been?"

Her smile was warm and honest. Roosevelt looked stunned. "You two know each other?"

"Oh yeah, we're old friends." I replied. "We managed to kill off one project a couple of years ago."

I saw her flinch as my words reverberated. She let my hand drop as she moved closer, standing beside me. I had to listen to the proposals, but my mind had turned to mush. I was no longer listening. All I wanted to do was talk to Candice. My heart raced as the food arrived and then more drinks and ongoing twaddle.

Luckily, Ross took over and he asked all the right questions as Candice pressed her body against me. Roosevelt wanted to party, but I was already sick of him. "Gentlemen, it's been a long day. I need to get some sleep."

Roosevelt laughed crudely. "No chance while you're with Candice, man."

I felt her tense up beside me. She didn't appreciate his vulgarity any more than I did. I put my arm around her waist as I led her away.

"Sorry, he's a dick." I said.

"Yes he is. Slimy dick. I hate him."

"Then why do you work for him?" I asked confused."

She giggled. "I don't work for him, god no. I'm doing this as a favour for Rogan."

"Morse? What the hell does he have to do with this?"

She gave me the confused look. "Rogan is one of the major shareholders in Mitech."

"You mean he is an owner?"

She nodded. "Didn't you know?"

"No, hell no. I wouldn't be dealing with them if I did."

She shook her head. "Luke, Rogan spreads his tentacles wide. He is involved in a whole bunch of different companies."

I swiped the card and guided her into my suite. I made us a couple of drinks and we sat together on the settee.

Sipping the drinks, she asked, "Is knowing Rogan is involved going to influence your decision on accepting?"

"Oh, hell yes. I am not getting involved with that asshole."

She cringed. "You know that puts me in a difficult position. My job is to give you a nice experience and encourage you to sign with them."

"Then maybe you should leave. I don't want you to sully , or corrupt your ethics."

"Luke, I don't know anything about what you're trying to accomplish, but if Rogan is the best, then why not go with him?"

"Because I would rather go bankrupt than deal with him. Are you going to tell him about this conversation?"

She chewed her bottom lip thoughtfully before she nodded. "Yes, I have to. He is my friend. Just because I'm as you said last time, a hooker, doesn't mean I don't have ethics."

"I haven't questioned your reasons, Candice."

"No, you did that last time."

"That was different. You were out to destroy my marriage."

"Oh, good lord, nothing was further from my mind. I told you all that, and I don't plan on going over all that again."

"This is different, anyway. You should probably leave, because there's no way in hell I'm going with them now."

She shrugged. "That is unfortunate, because I know Rogan, and I know how good he is. He is regarded as the best for a reason, Luke, and he is very fair. You don't read negative stuff about him screwing people over."

"I should probably write something then."

"He didn't set out to hurt or embarrass you. If things had been different, you might have enjoyed it."

"Yeah, and what things would have to have been different, Candice? Tell me."

"Well, if you had been a little more open minded, a little less self righteous, less sanctimonious. I mean, now you think it's okay to spend the night with a hooker. Don't you think that's a little hypocritical?"

"No, now I'm single, no strings. Then I was a married man."

"You're telling me, if you were married now, this wouldn't be happening?"

"Absolutely. Candice, I think it might be best if you left. You're not into this, and neither am I."

She looked hurt. "Luke, I'm getting paid regardless of what you choose to do. Ethically, all I am bound to do is try to get you to sign with Mitech. If you don't, that's not my fault. For your information, I am into this."

I sniggered, "Even knowing that your pal is getting nothing from it?"

"That's his problem, not mine. I have been employed to do a job."

"I'm a job huh."

She shrugged, "You requested it, knowing you were getting an escort. So yes, this is a job, a very enjoyable one."

"Okay, so hat happens now?" I asked.

She inched a little closer, "Well, now I'm going to show you what you missed out on the first time."

Her sweet full lips grazed across mine, her tongue sliding deliciously into my open mouth.

It was a kiss, a sweet succulent juicy gut wrenching kiss. Her body filled my hands, like last time. She was completely naked under her dress, and her body felt incredible.

The night dissolved into wild frenetic erotic passionate sex. God, I had never experienced anything like it. She was the Freda Kahlo of sex: vivid, expressive, explosive. No superlatives really suited.

Afterward, we cuddled together, my breathing ragged, my chest thumping wildly. She kissed my shoulder. "Hhhhmmm, wow, that was wonderful." She sighed.

"Oh, hell yeah."

"So, can I ask. Are you sorry now you missed the first opportunity."

I laughed. "What do you think?"

"I can only speak for myself," she whispered, "And I am sad that we missed that opportunity."

We cuddled together and I whispered. "Are you staying the night, or do you have to run?"

She nestled closer. "I am here for the night, unless you want me to go."

"I want you to stay."

"I'm glad. I was hoping you might like a repeat."

"Oh, I want several repeats, is that greedy?"

She laughed. "No, it's what I was hoping for."

The morning came all to quickly. We showered together and I was stunned to see her slip into some casual yoga pants and a loose-fitting blouse."

"Wow, you came prepared," I said.

"Yes, well, I hate looking like a slut doing a walk of shame."

"You could never look like that. You are a very beautiful woman, Candice."

She gave me a sweet kiss. "Thank you, Luke, thank you for last night. It was very enjoyable.

I met Ross on the way downstairs for breakfast. He cajoled me. "Fuck, you lucky bastard. Is she as good as I always thought she would be?"

I chuckled, "Whatever you think, triple it, then times it by ten. Jesus, I have never had an experience like that."

As the elevator went down, I asked, "Did you know Rogan Morse is involved with Mitech?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I thought everybody knew that."

"No, I didn't. Listen, he and I have bad history. There's no way I'm accepting their offer, I don't care how good it is."

"Oh shit, really. Fuck, dude, it is probably going to be the best offer on the table."

"I don't care. No way am I making that asshole money. He can get fucked."

"Shit dude, okay. Let me do all the talking, we better not say that up front, okay? We will listen to their offer and tell them we will think about it."

"Sorry, bud, but I don't think that's going to work. When Candice told me he was involved, I told her I wouldn't deal with him."

"Oh well, we'll play it by ear, damn sorry, man. I should have told you before we flew down here."

"Doesn't matter. Last night made it all worth while."

We walked into the Mitech offices and Roosevelt met us at the door. "How was last night, bro? I hope she rocked your world."

"Yeah, she was hot. Thanks for hooking that up."

He patted my back. "Yeah, no worries, bro, all good in the hood."

He organised for the assistant to get us coffee, and led us into the main meeting room. We went through the introductions, it was then that the manager said. "We are going to be joined by Rogan Morse this morning. He has taken a real interest in this product. If you don't mind, we will hold off the presentation until he gets here."

Ross glanced at me and I shrugged. "No problem."

We talked for another half hour before Rogan strutted in. He walked straight up to me. "Hello, Luke. Nice to meet you again. I'm glad you took my advice."

We shook hands and he flopped back into one of the big office chairs. "All right, Luke. Take it away, show us what you've got."

His casual offhand attitude annoyed me. I was sure Candice had already spoken to him. He knew now that I wasn't selling to him.

Ross and I went through the presentation and let them wear the headsets and experience the imagery.

The astonished, "Oh my god." and "Holy shit," statements proved we were on the money. I noted that Rogan didn't bother.

We finished up and the manager glanced at Rogan, looking for direction.

"We're wasting our time aren't we, Luke?" Rogan growled loudly.

I nodded. "Yes, sorry. I'm not prepared to deal with you."

The manager barked angrily. "What the fuck? We have invested a lot in this already."

Rogan put up his hand. "Don't worry, John. No sense making a scene. Goodbye, Luke. Good luck with the product."

I walked out with Ross right on my heels. We didn't speak until we were in the elevator. We both sucked in a deep breath at the same time. "Holy shit, dude. Fuck that was intense. Jesus, what is your beef with the guy?"

"It's personal."

"I have to say man, he is widely respected. I have dealt with him many times, he is really helpful for young guys starting out. Man, he mentors a lot of young entrepreneurs."

"Yeah, well, I know some shit about him that might make people think twice about him."

He gave me a bit of a disbelieving glare.

We flew back to San Fran and Ross was pretty quiet. He was obviously unhappy.

The next day I was in my office going over the other interested parties, when I glanced up to see Rogan. He walked in as if he owned the place straight up to my desk. I stood to meet him. He reached out to shake hands. "Okay, Luke. I want to sort out our differences. I don't want to let our personal problems get in the way of what might be a very good alliance."

"Rogan, I'm sorry you wasted your time flying up here today. I'm not interested. I have other companies interested in the product."

"You're making a mistake, Luke, a very bad mistake. You're letting personal rivalry get in the way of good business decisions."

"Rogan, having seen up close and personal your ethics, there's no way I'm getting involved with you in a business alliance."

He leaned over my desk threateningly. "Luke, I stand behind my business ethics. I have thousands of business associations and my reputation speaks for itself."

"Yeah, do you think that reputation might take a hit if I revealed how your ethics really worked? Do you think people might like to know you take a great deal of fun in destroying peoples lives?"

"Oh, for heavens sake, Luke. Let it go. Your wife and I had sex, you now know what you missed out on." His face twisted into a sneer. "How was it, anyway? Did she live up to your expectations?"

I sneered. "She's a hooker, what do you think? She's good at her job."

"Look, Luke, I want in on this deal. What do I have to do to make this deal work?" He sat down in a chair across from me. He leaned his head into his hands. "Tell me, Luke, What do I have to do?"

"Rogan, there's not a damn thing you can do to change my mind. I refuse to deal with an asshole like you. I prefer to trust my business partners."

"Luke, hat's off, you've done well, and you seem to have a good handle on VR. We are the perfect match for you. We make perfect business sense."

I nodded, "Yes, no argument, but I'm not doing it."

We argued back and forth for another hour before he stormed out in a very apparent rage.

Ross came in later and we started to short list the remaining companies that had showed interest. As we worked through them, I asked, "Are any of these companies linked to Morse?"

He gave me a worried frown. "I'm not totally sure, but a couple have some vague links."

I automatically scrubbed those. After a bit of digging around and phone calls, he said. "Come on, lets go and hit some waves."

That suited me. After Rogan's visit, I was feeling pretty stressed. Two hours later we were in a bar, overlooking the ocean. "Come on, Luke, spill, buddy. What happened between you and Morse? It must have been bad."

"Yeah, the guys an asshole. I won't discuss what happened, but it was enough to make me never want to work with him again."

The next day was bad. Ross called, he didn't visit. "Luke, I have been told we can no longer work together. We're pulling our support. Sorry, bud."

"Why, what happened? Ah fuck, it's Morse, isn't it?"

"Yeah, sorry dude. Look, I have some advice. Get yourself a lawyer who specialises in patents, and make it as tight as you can, and get them to do background searches on whoever you decide to go with. I don't know what went down between you and Morse, but he is after you. First things first. Get a tight as hell patent on your product. He has already been in here looking for design drawings. Bud, I deleted everything we had, and I have stashed away the paper copies. Good luck."

I got straight on the phone and followed his advice. I got all my design docs and listed them with the patents office. By doing background searches, it made my job so damn easy. There were only a couple of companies left on my short list. I went with the biggest. Once we started dialogue, their interest was instantaneous, and they were enthusiastic.

Meeting with them meant another trip to LA, this time by myself, I was nervous, but I needn't have worried. They were so keen to beat Morse to the punch that they were falling over themselves to get me locked away.

123456...9