All Comments on 'Her Blue Dodge Minivan Ch. 03'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 446 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
A bit surprised

I expected you to wimp like you usually do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
My God..a tale where the cuckolded husband isn't turned into a wimp.

What a wonderful change from the usual crap posted in Loving Wives where it seems to be a rule that a cuckolded husband must love letting his wife be a slut and whore. The rule should be..kick the bitch out as painfully as possible.

FD45FD45about 13 years ago
God I hate these wimp comments!

Have any of these guys been married? Have any of them invested the decades of effort into being with another human being? Decades of memories, victories and disappointments?

Of course, it would help if the men weren't all paragons; men who worship the ground that their women walk, who never EVER had a flitratious conversation which skirted the bounds of decency. THESE guys are never the ones rubbing against the women. Nope. They are all saints.

Guess what? These guys are just as much a fantasy as the black dude with a 12" magic cock who has no refractive period and can turn a faithful mother and wife into a slut with one look at his bulge.

But back on track. Sometimes life is disappointing. Sometimes people screw up. How unforgiving all these anonymous people are. I hope that they get as much grace as they advocate giving to the wife in this story.

FD45FD45about 13 years ago
My actual biggest complaint has little to do with the author's lack of

ability to get capitalization correct. And it happened early in the first story.

He said that the car was parked by room 147 in a Marriot. I happen to stay at a lot of motels and a Marriot is not a Day's Inn, a Motel 6, or a Phil's Motel and Bait shop. It's rooms, as far as I know, are all internal. It is a HOTEL not a MOTEL. And an upscale one at that.

My suspension of disbelief hit the wall on that one.

warthog50warthog50almost 13 years ago
Strength or weakness

There's no point in forgiveness when there is neither remorse nor repentance. The truly sad thing about this story is that the wife exhibited both. Unfortunately, we're all fallibly human and it takes much more strength to forgive than weakness. The sad truth is that in this story the husband was just too weak to forgive his wife, but, I suspect, there are many of us that would have been similarly unable. A sad comment on all of us, but sometimes one does the best one can and it's just not enough.

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
who give a fuck about grammar and spelling

it was a good damn story, you knew what ohio was trying to say. if you want to be a fucking editor then be one and shut the fuck up.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Good

Great story and the right one not to reconcile on. There was no respect from the beginning. Thus the childish betrayals.

I have been treated with less respect than I deserved from my wife over the years and I never forget each instance. I have pulled her to her senses at times and she apologizes, but then I have wondered where that lack of respect comes from.

I sometimes think it is because others want to do what they want and resent your interference. Like the Wife allowing the 15 year old daughter to go out with a lowlife druggie when you have forbidden it because you know it will come out bad sooner or later. In that case the wife and Daughter both betray you and do what they want no matter the consequences. If they get away with it that particular time they lose respect for your forbidding it because nothing happened. Then they feel superior because they got away with their deception.

Ohio's story fits this everyday reality of life to me. I no longer trust my own wife to always do the right thing, to not lie to me, or back me up in anything important. We have lost something we once had (Trust). Isn't that "All" this story is really about?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Finally found at least one of your stories where the husband isn't a wimp and takes his cheating wife back!

count2threecount2threealmost 13 years ago
Well certainly no happy end ...

but when you read that kind of story you know that once the deed is done there can never be a happy end, just more or less terrible outcomes.

count2threecount2threealmost 13 years ago
@warthog50

I think it is wrong to say that a husband who takes a cheating wife back is always weak or wimpy but on the other hand I would just as strongly disagree with you if you say that forgiving is always strength and absence of forgiveness is weakness. It depends on the circumstances if you just take your Wife back, for example, because you are afraid of being alone that would certainly qualify as weakness.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 13 years ago
A fitting end!

The reason I really don't care for "reconciliation" stories is that those stories fail to address an ongoing, even if underlying, problem. That problem is the loss of trust which is, in my opinion, more important to a marriage than love. Love is such an abstract thing that often, especially in a long term marriage, is nothing more than comfort with a particular partner. Trust, on the other hand, is a tangible product of years of mutual respect and honesty. Once trust is broken it is like a vase that falls and shatters into a thousand pieces. You can, with enough effort, find every piece and carefully glue it back together but what you have is certainly nothing like the original vase.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Fine

He dumped the bitch good for him. Now finish the story and give him a life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Another thought

There are many guys that would like it if their wife

would swing with them obviously he was not one of them

but she appeals to me.

mike2710mike2710over 12 years ago
Thanks

You play you Pay. It is best he did what was best for him, not her or the family. Now she can swing all she wants.

Thanks for the entertainment. Mike from Texas

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
About my prior comment

Every author gets on SOD card; some fact which doesn't work or is easily acceptable to the reader.

This was fully up to ohio's normal quality of writing, which is quite high. He is one of the 'must read's' on the site. This isn't to say I love every single one of his or stang's or even Rehnquist's. But I always always give them a shot and I am rarely disappointed.

FD45

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great Story from a Wonderful Writer

This is the most compelling, most thoroughly developed, and most emotionally charged story I've read on the Literotica site. I've read it several times over the last six months and failed to offer my thoughts thinking that it was too long ago for them to be of interest to you, ohio.

I hope that you can see fit in the future to continue the after effects(new relationships, remarraiges, dealing with the grown, married children and grandchildren.

Thanks for all your stories.

cyrilliccyrillicover 12 years ago
Revenge sex ...

... might have saved the marriage.

cueball961cueball961over 12 years ago
Excellent

This was a good offering. I like ohio's writing style and talent, although I sometimes have problems with the resolutions to his stories. This one I could fully understand.

This was not a situation where the wife had stumbled into an affair. She had made up her mind to cheat long before it actually happened. The incident with the stranger in the bar that she had asked for and the two seperate occasions that she tried to pressure her unwilling husband into swinging are ample proof of this. She knew how her husband felt about the sanctity of marriage and she just didn't care until she was caught. Her blatant disrespect was simply unforgivable for the husband and I think most of us who are rational would be forced to agree.

Once again, a great job ohio. I love your work and will keep reading more.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 12 years ago
He Had the Balls

she may have tried to cut them off but he still has them, big huge brass ones. now she can have all the strange cock she ever wanted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
well written!

i literally thanked god when i got to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Aitch'em says:

Surprise, surprise! From your stories I read up to now I wouldn't have thought you had it in you to to write a realistic one with a satisfying end. Congrats! I think I will read a few more.

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Real Classic Ohio,

except for the lack of reconciliation!(I wonder why I did not comment on this third chapter??) He may have decided to write a divorce story or perhaps it evolved into one with a six week interval to listen to the readers complaining that he does RAAC all the time.

Personally I imagine that I would not be able to get back together after so many blows. If it was a drunken one time thing, perhaps we could get past it, but she deliberately chose to do the swing party and an affair over six weeka as a result is too much. Yes, with time she can be forgiven but there is no way she can be trusted not do something else stupid.

The people that complain about his not going to counseling in order to try to save the marriage are probably why I did not comment. I could understand what they could imagine happening. Would the counselor try to convince him that he should not say no??? Or perhaps the line was not clear enough for her to realize she was putting her marriage in danger of termination? Without trust there is nothing to a relationship. Thanks for placing a really interesting story on the web.

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
Interesting tale

Somehow, I never read this series before. Typically well-written Ohio offering.

Ohio puts the author into a difficult position: a great marriage to a woman he truly loves, who is hot, and with a satisfying sex life; 2 kids; good family/extended family; a wife who shows true remorse, taking responsibility, voluntarily admitting the affair (with some encouragement), seeking counselling, agreeing to leave the house and giving hubby all the breathing space he needs. But, her betrayal is big: going to a swinging party behind his back, and carrying on a couple-months affair with a neighbor on top of that. Further, all the outright lying that goes along with it (and not just lying by omission). Moreover, the wife allows her lover to send her flowers at work repeatedly (think the office gossip hasn't caught on to that?). Hubby got some payback, but the emotional impact isn't even close to equivalent.

Interestingly, the hubby acknowlegdes that he believes wife told him the truth-meaning that she was growing increasingly less interested in the affair, and that it would have soon run its course without his involvement, and that it was not emotional, and that hubby punched her ticket just as well has her loverboy did. Although his confidence in himself was shaken, he could get over that. He saw a married life as being a happier/preferred life, if he could get over the pain. He even believed that he could trust wife to not do that again (seems reasonable, if the wife is to be believed). Under the circumstances, one would think it might be best if he did reconcile. If the only thing is the pain of the betrayal, then maybe he owed it to himself (not his wife, not his kids, etc.) to try and get over it. In a way, he was his own worst enemy, making it common knowledge that his wife wasn't living with him anymore because he kicked her out for infidelity. At that point, and it wasn't really addressed, if he reconcilied he would have to deal with everyone knowing that he took the cheating slut back, risking the label of "wimp" which is so often thrown about on this sight in connection with any reconciliation-no matter how reasonable.

This is a story which beautifully shows that cheating can often lead to no one winning. One could hope that hubby will find a younger, hotter, more faithful woman with whom to to live out his days. But that's not really what this story is about.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Terrible ending

Three parts, six pages and you simply end the story with "sorry I can't stay married to you goodbye.". WTF why did it take six pages it was obvious that unless the pills he had taken had made his brain as limp as his dick then he could never take her back afterall she fucked three other men and then started an affair with the one who was best in bed.

I don't understand why in a lot of your stories you seem to have the wronged man take the cheating bitch back simply because dating is hard when your at an advanced age(which is true as people are seem to be either coming out of messy divorces, never had a real relationship or are looking for long term commitment on the first date) so it was nice to see the husband do what was best for his peace of mind and dump her, but the abrupt ending really hurt the overall story so I only gave it three stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
No offense intended but seriously WTF!

Why the hell would you ever consider ruining such a great story with such a trash ending? I consider myself usually a pretty easy reader, give me something resembling to a plot and I'm hooked. But how could you ruin the first two chapters with an ending like that? There's so many possibilities you could've explored like Danny's relationship with Adele or the aftermath of Danny's decision, but to end the story like that is simply mind-boggling. C'mon for real, you're a way better writer than that and there's no reason a writer with your caliber should ever have a crap ending like that.I hope this comment isn't too negative but I'm disappointed in how you decided to waste another perfectly good opportunity to demonstrate your otherwise remarkable writing skills.

geoffrey123.k@gmail.com

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
great ending

that is the fucking you get for the fucking you strayed to get. 5

sugnasugnaover 11 years ago
Interesting

When she made the decision to cheat on her husband she weighed the risk versus the reward. In her mind sex with strangers was worth sacrificing her marriage. No matter how small the risk might be that she'd get caught, there was always the chance. That decision, to trade 20 years of marriage for sex with some other men speaks of how she felt about her marriage. By any ones definition, casual sex is just that - casual and not particularly meaningful. So, she did not really care very much about her marriage. She wasn't drunk or on drugs. Her decisions were premeditated and cold. Clearly, now that she was caught she was only concerned with her public image - not her marriage or her husbands feelings. That being said, divorce is the only option because she left the marriage a long time ago and now it is time for her husband to leave it too. He has to move on with his life. He will never again have the fantasy of a committed long term relationship again. She took that away from him, but there are lots of other ways to spend his time that will not cause him any pain.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
just read this again

Ohio was one of the great writers here. the way he got into the swap party in the first chapter was masterful. she just had to have a different dick and now she can have all she wants. i already gave it a 5.

BelgiumBelgiumover 11 years ago
You reap what you sow

Having read this – well written - story arc, I conclude that there indeed should not have been any forgiveness or reconciliation in this story. I don’t object to reconciliation when the circumstances are right but given the magnitude of her betrayal and its consequences of lack of trust, humiliation and anger, divorce should indeed have been the only viable option. In this story the author thus makes the right choice and let Danny decide to end his marriage. After all, as it wasn’t a one slip but multiple events which made the betrayal just too big. The fact she my be contrite about it doesn’t change this.

Given these simple facts, no man in his right mind should ever even consider the reconciliation option. Besides how could he ever trust her again? Without trust, there is no marriage. After all who says what she’ll do when she meets the next man who gets her panties in a twist. Perhaps she only learned to hide a next affair better.

The author however clearly succeeded in managing to convey the confusion, despair, deliberations and doubt which go through someone’s mind when faced with this shitty situation. On the one hand, one wants to try to safe the marriage, but on the other hand one has to live in it as well. Kudos for the author for giving a realistic depiction of this thinking process. Clarity often doesn’t come in a single moment but is a process.

Given this history – consciously or not – he’ll be always looking over his shoulder and wondering if she’s at it again. And his suspicion will untimely cause her resentment… even if they were to reconcile, the chances are that the marriage would still fail. Divorce was thus indeed the correct choice. The best outcome for a shitty situation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Very Good

Well, I like this story. He did the right thing. She cheated and he could never trust her again. If he had cheated she would have taken him to the cleaners and cut his balls and cock off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
BITCH

SHE GOT A BIT OF WHAT SHE DESERVED

OneShotOneOneShotOneabout 11 years ago
The State of Ohio

is a no fault divorce state. A wife can fuck the entire Cleveland Browns football team in her marital bed and still she will take her husband to the cleaners in a divorce settlement. If this husband is lucky he will get half the value of the house and get to keep any pension he may have, more likely she will get a big chunk of that also. So in Ohio a woman can't lose in a situation like this.

DunaDunaabout 11 years ago
Is there developing in the family law

I read in a comment. Pennsylvania is the first USA State, where the alimony was ereased from the Family Law. In Hungary the alimony has not been in the Family Law for a long time.............Is there developing in the family law.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Perfect

Absolutely perfect ending.

illjoyilljoyalmost 11 years ago
Holy!!!

Checking for signs of Armageddon, can't believe I just read an Ohio story where the husband DOESN'T take back the cheating wife. Good read

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a BTB story but a STS (save thy self) story its over cant go back you would never know and the seed of doubt would corrupt your soul, and she is not worth it, and so he leaves her in pain which she created but true to himself and whole. An its a Ohio story wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
side note

remorse of Eileen..really has any women recorded history been sorry for hurting her husband?????? .no just sorry he knows.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Re: Duna's comment on 4/13/13

I assume Eileen made more money than he did, so most of us would have liked seeing her pay him alimony!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
How You Find Out

In most stories its how you find out about the cheating that gets me. Danny could not forgive because he found out before she confessed. Trust is the name in a marriage. This whore not only disrespected but hid it for a while. She deserves the curb. Hope it is cement.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good story

Honestly, no matter what you expect you would do if your wife cheats, you don't know until you are in that situation. The story shows the deep ambivalence of the husband realistically. I enjoyed that instead of trying to make the end have a happy fairy tale forgivness and come back home ending, it was realistic. He tried, it was very difficult and in the end he knew that he would be happier without her than trying to take her back.

sugnasugnaalmost 11 years ago
Here's an Idea

Why not offer her a deal? She said she'd do anything to "get past this". So, tell her they will do both. They she can move back, and they can get a divorce. Because she cheated she will have to sign EVERYTHING over to him as a sign of good faith. After the papers are signed she can move home and they can try to live together. If it doesn't work out, she leaves with nothing. If it does work out, perhaps he will ask her to marry her again. Pretty fair deal!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great story

One idea I have always had is that where the cheating whore wife says "she will do anything to make things work", is to tell her to have both of her arms and legs amputated and live life as a quadraplegic. Then see her sincerity. If she does it than she can understand how her husband feels and he can know she really has done everything and that she feels true remorse every day of her life.

phd70phd70almost 11 years ago
Just read this fine tale again. Still 5 stars. Question for other readers at the end.

As mentioned by other commenters, the wife really dissed on her husband and marriage, Not just once at the swap meet, but with a follow-up affair. I am not a rabid BTB advocate, and realize that some marriage relationships can overcome such problems. In part the question is how the spouse can handle the cheating, and that depends on the spouse, including age and other family matters. In this case the husband could not handle the cheating and that was his personal choice. He is still left without an intimate female companion and a family fractured. I might not have made that choice, but I do not have as high expectations as the Husband in this story. 'Different strokes for different folks' is an old saying with some truth. Thanks for the fine tale. I am still searching for a tale on LIT where a wife named Sam was unable to remain faithful, but the couple tried various compromise sets of rules

to avoid husband humiliation and preserve the husband/wife relationship. Anyone know the name of that tale or the author? Thanks. Dan

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow

Superbly told story. It all seemed real and scaled right: His pain, anger, humiliation; her shame, guilt, pain, remorse. The outcome seems spot on, given his feelings about her betrayal. Sad for all.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

The ending was sort of a surprise. I knew there was no way for this marriage to survive her betrayal. The reality is that she had been betraying him with her thoughts for years as she pushed the envelope with her fantasy requests. She was clearly moving toward having an affair. But yet, I am not happy with this ending. It almost seems that you simply ended it prematurely. You are known for leaving no stone unturned. Your stories rarely have holes in them. This one has a gaping hole. Here he is undecided what to do for the longest time and then he suddenly decides to divorce. We needed more insight into why now...what finally pushed him to leave her? In the end, it was her affair and his failure to get over it in the time they were apart. Where's the revelation? Where's the sudden realization? What bit of information pushed him over the edge? Everything he cites at the end we already knew. I think the realization should have been him reflecting on everything prior to the affair. Her requests to swing. Her ploy to be felt up in a bar. It seems he never really reflected on that. The warning signs were there and in light of them it is hard to believe that she didn't cheat before. All of that indicates that she was already on her way out of the marriage, and it indicates a strong inclination to cheat again. Not even the doctor picked up on this.

Overall, I loved it. Not your best, but I give it five stars.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
@Drbeamer3333

I just read this one for a second time. Danny found that he could have a decent conversation with another woman and realized he did not need the woman who had been his wife for female companionship. The marriage partnership is hard enough without someone violating any of the big vows. Within the relationship there are many ways to injure the other spouse. Sin is of thought, word, and deed. Most of us cannot stop from thinking sinful thoughts, some of us can't stop ourselves from speaking sinful words, but less actually commit sinful deeds. The amount of premeditation that goes into them makes them truly unforgivable. Why live with someone like that? Why bother when there are so many better people out there? Yes, he was middle aged, but there many very attractive single women in the post child rearing years looking for nice men. There is a whole world of divorced people out there to look through. With 20 years of experience, Danny is much more likely to pick better the second time around.

Richie4110Richie4110over 10 years ago
Still the BEST Literotica story of all for me

I read HBDM again for maybe the tenth time and still feel all the emotions that were there the first time. This is such a classic tale of cheating and what the aftermath is all about. Realization of the consequences of a selfish, irrational decision. Feeling the pain of that awful discovery. Facing an unpleasant future for whatever decision is made.

I still want more of an ending and perhaps multiple options. I can see forgiveness and reconciliation years later when the grandchildren come along. I can see new relationships that meld the personalities of the two protagonist. Anything new from Ohio would be an ultimate treat.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Where is the line?

For me, I would have started conversing with a lawyer when she asked him to go with her to a swinger party. Her various types of cheating and her lying just make it clearer that the relationship has no future. There is no way to know if you will find happiness again, but living unhappily has no justification.....

checkaho013checkaho013over 10 years ago
Thankgoodness

I thought Danny was going to be a wimp forever at the start of this chapter,it only took 4 months to pull his head out of his butt.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
Great stuff!

Left her high and dry, and moved on. Outstanding!

5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Finally!!!!

A great story of cheating and yes its consequences. Yes it took him 4 months to figure it out, but he did, And I can't blame him one iota for divorcing her. Thanks and great read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Tough

Danny did everything but therapy to salvage the marriage--but some mistakes cannot be overcome. His distrust of marriage counseling is shared by many of us, as is his observation that it can help individuals understand their motivations in some cases. The distrust created by the wife's affairs and extra-marital sex would haunt many men perhaps forever, and this husband decided he did not want to constantly face her.

I like the seriousness with which ohio approaches these issues. It is not "you did it so it's over." Deep love is hard to get over even after infidelity, and ohio spends as much time looking at ramifications as seminal acts.

diegotoadstickerdiegotoadstickerabout 10 years ago
Real

I know the BTBs will all complain about his handling of the wife. However, I found it very realistic and just a little sad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
a little surprising

Surprised that it took him more than 5 minutes to make this decision.

krosis666krosis666about 10 years ago
Talk about

Procrastination! How long would it take him to make a decision on something difficult? "Tea of coffee? Hmm, let me see. Oh, I don't know, ask me again in 2 years!"

Or how about, "Do I want mustard on my hot dog? I`ll let you know before I retire!" Or, "Should I breathe, or do I hold my breath until I pass out? Gosh, I can`t decide!"

This was an easy decision, compared to those, and it still took him months to find an answer. Especially since there was really only ONE option!

krosis666krosis666about 10 years ago
I also agree with the Anon

That said;

"Don`t do therapy, Do the sister!"

I think I just found a new motto!

carvohicarvohiabout 10 years ago
Late I guess...

I read this the first time back in December 2012 when I first got interested in this genre. I read and enjoyed it, but I wasn't even voting then let alone commenting.

So now the story got my five.

I hated the ending, but I would have hated any other ending even more. The wife did something she absolutely knew her husband would never, not ever, accept. She had to do it. She just had to try the swing thing. Then she took it deep with the affair.

What's the old line, 'I didn't know the gun was loaded.' That's the tragedy; she knew the gun was loaded. She had to have known if she got caught things would end unhappily. She should have known!

Any follow up to the this story would have been the husband's continued rediscovery of himself, and maybe even a new woman. In the end he and his wife would have become friendly. There would have been holiday dinners with all the family together, but those events would have been about the kids and later the grandkids.

This was a terrific story, a magnificent tale, but an unhappy tale.

And about Ohio the writer; there's no one else who could have written this. He always hits them out of the park!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Well written realistic drama.

5 stars. Sad and realistic portrayal of the damage cheating can do to 'loving' relationships.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
At last

Finally a person who fought back and was human enough to realize there was no going back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow!

Seriously, fantastic ending! Too many times, these authors and their stories tend to have the cheater wife go to a shrink and they are miraculously healed after a few months of soul searching their own pain and inadequacies.

They seldom take in the husbands pain and betrayal and how he can't even quite catch his breath after a punch in the stomach. But the shrink, or perhaps the Doctor that just 'finds' that her hormones are out of whack and a pill down the throat is supposed to make him forget about her spreading her legs for another man.

I was fearing that he was going to let her come back at the end. That the author and readers would have forgotten how much enjoyment she received from simply having this nasty secret that her husband didn't know about. Talk about disrespect. There can be none greater.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 10 years ago
I swear, a requirement for everyone getting married should be...

Taking a very short but focused class on math and logic...

If I hold the "strange sex" in one hand and my ENTIRE marriage in the other, which will have more value...?

And if I perform action A (have an affair or screw around) it's logical to assume that my spouse will engage (at the least) in action B (divorce or revenge)...

If you're so drunk you can't think straight, that's one thing (though still not necessarily forgivable), but to be able to think and follow through on those acts just indicates an apparent complete stupidity - or a willingness to risk it all...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
great story

great story

would like to see you revisit this

and see how danny's life is going

maybe hook up with her sister

he is right to get rid of eileen

as to trust her would alway be a question

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Good Ending

Despite what he said, if he took her back he would NOT have been able to trust her, and she would have eventually rebelled against his increased scrutiny of her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

funny how dumb we can all be when we make mistakes ,

funny how easy so many of us can be manipulated & sidetracked into doing things we KNOW are wrong / self destructive / ruinous .

what made me laugh the most when it finaly hit me , is Eileen was a real estate agent lmao , one of the most manipulative , coniving , deceitfull jobs in existance .. by rights she should have realised she was being played ... but i guess the fact that getting some "strange" had been a fantasy for a while , made her an easy target.

realtors know a deal breaker , & for danny extra marital activity was never going to fly.

so allowing herself to be brainwashed / influenced by the swinging friends was just plain stupid .. lol

xxxhugsxxx.

p.s

loved the part in ch01. where Danny urinates on the bastard.

for me that was the highlight of the story .. lol

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
good story

I don't agree with the story, but I'm not the author. I don't believe either one of them will ever find what they lost with one another.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Scared Me!

Boy, you really scared me with this one. I thought for sure he was going to take her back. Your ending is the only realistic ending possible. He doesn't have to burn her, but he can't live with her. She just did too much to overcome. I just didn't understand why it took him so long to reach a decision. She really showed him how much she really loved him.

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42over 9 years ago
Wordsmithing at it's best

WOW.......good thing I had some free time when I began reading this as there was no way I could have not flowed right through to the end. Wonderful. Thanks,

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Shoulda known better

She began by hanging onto the friendship with the swingers, Amy and Dennis. Listening, and drooling to their stories, as an adult she should have seen she was going down the wrong path. Then when she was trying to manipulate Danny with the pick up game at bars, any moron could have seen she was moving outside of their shared value system. She got what she deserved.

Richie4110Richie4110over 9 years ago
The greatest LW Story I've ever read

I have read this story many times and each time I seem to get a little more enjoyment and a little more emotional attachment to it. I love Ohio's writing and the way he adds the psychological connection. I hope that some day I will see another Ohio offering. He handles this subject better than anyone.

Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Richie4110Richie4110over 9 years ago
PS How about a follow up 10 years later?

I would love to read the rest of the story. Because of the children they will always have some connection, in-laws, grandchildren. And, there is always the " time heals all wounds" aspect.

dyonysosdyonysosover 9 years ago

There are a few things to consider , staying allone for the rest of his life like he considered himself hoping to find someone else,is that a good decision? what if he can't find anyone? staying allone ,frustrated,bitter,i just don't know ....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
torn

I haven't been commenting on your stories due to the aging of them. This one is almost 8 years old, and I have to respond and hope you read the comments. I feel a sadness for the two of them - they could both remain lonely for the rest of their lives. She fell into a trap set by Amy and Dennis, and they really deserve the blame for ending the marriage. I see no retribution on them at all.

Further, why are we so ready to attack someone who fails or betrays us? We all have our weaknesses, and stumble and make mistakes. Let him without sin cast the first stone. I know that I couldn't. Over 20 years of marriage and 2 children speaks for itself. I'm torn, but lean towards forgiveness and reconciliation.

The DJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wow! What an ending. But I want to know more.

Congrats. Great story. Great writing. Strong primary and secondary characters. Five out of five. I really liked the way Danny talked to his daughter and Eileen's sister. Understandable angry and confusion, but no artificially-elevated hate. The ending totally surprised me. It came faster than I expected and I was expecting an RAAC. But overall I was not disappointed. If you wrote a sequel, I would read it.

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 9 years ago
I love this stuff

I don't know if you read comments but others do. I love your stories and can feel the angst in this one, Personally, I feel it should have been a reconciliation. The way you drew the characters I can see them living long, very lonely lives and that is, I think , the single most destructive thing we can do to ourselves.

But, I loved the story anyway!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Is reconciliation possible?

reconciliation? Big question, after 20 years of marriage two children in college, makes anyone ask why throw it all away. The answer is not for us rather for the couple and for themselves alone. Eileen was more than willing to want another chance, and why not, after all she did attend the party that Dan said no, he was not interested in or the activities namely swinging and extra marital sex, yet while Dan was at a 2 day (reminder) 2 days.. apart Eileen attended the party he said no to, had sex with 3 other men and from that carried on her affair that ended this. I do not see a different ending if Eileen once leaving the hotel and noticing her mini van had been moved a few spaces down, coming home and confessing her affair instead of the week long wait until her conscious forced her to confess. Trust is a very important ingredient in any relationship, without it the relationship will fail, and add respect. Its true, Danny does not own Eileen, she is free to make her decisions, but in this case were vows were clearly destroyed, Danny does have the right to mandate or dictate her sexual partners just as she can with Danny. Can the two come back together? Perhaps, there is a history of fond memories and love before this all happened. If a next chapter were written, yes, I could see them dating again. Would a remarriage occur? perhaps not, no reason to, just staying exclusive perhaps sharing an apartment rather the home, or moving back to the home as a couple again they were already married once so nothing would change, not to them, the children or friends.

krosis666krosis666about 9 years ago
He did the right thing

It's easier thsn you think to start over, especially in the long run, when you don't have mistrust and baggage weighing you down. People start over everyday, and nearly always say that they are glad they did! It can give you a new perspective and a new lease on life!

There is a difference between remorse, and regret. She had regret, because she was caught, and had to pay the piper. But she didn't seem remorseful. When someone still reminisces, and describes to others how 'great' the sex was, they're not repentant, merely regretful over being caught and punished. Going to counselling doesn't absolve you, nor does it then require forgivness from the offended party. Counselling is about alleviating her own guilty conscience, but it doesn't do anything for him! Many use counselling as an escape clause, to say; "Now I understand that it was wrong, so you MUST forgive me!" It's just passing the buck back onto the offended party.

If councelling was so helpful, why didn't she do it BEFORE she cheated? When she felt the temptation, before it was too late? It's because she didn't want to 'understand herself' through councelling, but merely wanted it as a bargaining chip. Acknowledging that you were wrong, doesn't change the outcome of your actions.

Some might say that, after 20 years, he owed her a second chance, but doesn't that go both ways? Where was his second chance, when she was deciding whether or not to cheat? Did she not owe him a second consideration before deciding to test drive a new cock? Even if she no longer loved him, after 20 years, didn't she at least owe him a modicum of respect? If she didn't bother to consider him, when making that decision, why should he have considered giving her a second chance, when his decision time came?

krosis666krosis666about 9 years ago
Also

Why does everyone automatically assume the he will be alone for the rest of his life? Is he an invalid that cannot leave the house, unaided? No, he's not. Only married people are arrogant enough to think a person can only live a fulfilling life, if you have a legally binding contract with someone. Why assume that once he passes a certain age, that he can no longer be capable of loving someone new, or that someone new can love him? Last I checked, love has no age limit! The same goes for making friends. A person con only truly be alone by choice, not because of divorce.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
strange assumptions

It is strange how people assume that he will not be able to find someone else, as if every man is some sort of unique puzzle piece that only fits one female puzzle piece.

But at the same time every woman pretty much fits any man.

retmstrretmstrabout 9 years ago
****

The heartbreak would be too devastating to repair the marriage after the slimy way she cheated and disrespected the entire family, let alone the husband. Good writing, o. Better reading. Cheers!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Excellent

Out betrayed husband made the right decision. No anger. No accusations. No name calling. He took his time and weighed all possible outcomes. Divorce. No need for revenge. Just a clean break. Time to move forward.

Five Big Stars

Tootight1Tootight1almost 9 years ago
good story

I didn't like the ending, but that was the authors choice. I guess he was between 45 and 50 somewhere, and I guess he will find out a new woman, if he lives long enough. All the little things that a wife of over 20 years knows, and in receipt of. Maybe the new woman will already be cheating. If it were a young marriage I could understand, and agree with the ending. I think he is really stupid to believe it wouldn't work, or at least try. I'm as vindictive, if not more so than most people I know, and I would have tried to work it out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
SHE LOVES ME!

I can't stress this enough......who cares if she "loves" you? She shit all over the marriage, she disrespected you, she lied, cheated, sneaked around and tore your world apart! How could her "loving" you change any of that? Actually, I would rather my wife confess to me (even tho it would hurt) that she no longer loves me and wants to be with her lover. That's something I could put a handle on (again, with due pain). But hearing how much she "loves" me and yet she's tearing out my guts is impossible for me to process.

As I said, if she confesses that she loves her lover, it makes more sense for her to hurt ME since she doesn't love me any more and she gives her LOVER all the time and attention that one gives to their soulmate. If my wife can "love" me and destroy my world, what good is her "love" to me? I'd be better off with her HATING me!

Pappy7Pappy7almost 9 years ago
Again, love the comments.

I do notice, however, that many of the commenters think he will be alone the rest of his life if he doesn't take her back. What's wrong with that, if it does indeed happen? He didn't seem to have much of a marriage anyhow. She constantly tried to drag other men into it with them. He said no every time and would have had to do that forever with her mindset. No getting around that type of disrespect. She went behind his back because she was pissed that he wouldn't give her what she wanted, so she took it. Wasn't Amy's fault, wasn't Danny's fault, was the cheating cunt's fault. She made the decision to do this, she wasn't worn down by constant pressure from anyone else. She went to counseling and got all of the stock shit answers in place, but he wasn't buying it. Why spend the rest of your life as a jailer? There was no trust there nor could there ever be. She was broken and she wasn't really remorseful, just sorry she got caught. Telling her husband that the other guy rang her chimes like he only did sometimes. No respect there, just aggression. Tuck her, just move on. (tuck was not a typo)

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Saved Comments Till The End

Chapter One –

"C'mon, baby, it'll be a turn-on, you'll see!" – Yeah, a turn-on for HER!

“it sounds incredible!" – And maybe it IS for THEM, and maybe it WOULD be, for YOU, but it is NOT for your husband, if you have ANY love and/or respect for him you will forget it!

“Thank You” flowers aren’t sent THREE times!

And what’s with Renata not saying anything to Danny about Eileen being at the swing party, ALONE?!

Chapter Two –

“A good, faithful marriage, and a sexually satisfying one for the most part too, from what you've told me.” – Obviously NOT totally sexually satisfying one, as evidenced by her attempts at pushing the boundaries.

Re: the swing party – Even given the unlikely event of a swingers group allowing a solo woman (why would the wives/girlfriends allow their partners to fuck Eileen if they couldn’t fuck Danny?), why CONTINUE to cheat on Danny if you really love him? And I totally agree that the swingers, KNOWING Danny’s viewpoint on swinging, were WAY out of line inviting Eileen to the swinger party.

@FD45 Re: KarenE and Forgiveness – I don’t know about “real life”, but in the Loving Wives universe a cheating husband is a low-life prick who needs to be raped in the divorce and reduced to living in a cardboard box under a bridge, but when a cheating WIFE is caught it’s always “It’s ONLY sex, it’s YOU I love,” and “Oh, get over your silly male ego!”

Chapter Three –

A big part of the bottom line is their diametrically opposed views on what degree of “playing” is acceptable. She thinks that swinging and letting other guys paw her is okay, and while she may agree to forego it in order to save her marriage, she will always feel that she has been forced to give up something, and she may come to resent him for it, or throw it up in his face during an argument or something.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Additional Thought

I keep coming back to their game in the bar when he got upset at the guy pawing her and took her out of there, and she got mad, and the fight lasted FOUR days, and they NEVER really worked through it.

That exposed a fundamental difference in how they viewed their marriage, and while it's POSSIBLE they might have worked it out with counseling (and maybe they should have gone to counseling THEN, maybe that would have avoided their later problems!), he was certainly within his rights to just make a clean break.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
neither of them really loved the other

Only loving your wife when she worships you is not love. Real love is at least trying to forgive. I guess the BTB crowd loved reading this ending as they masturbated in their bedroom in their moms basement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Yup, the right decision 4*

To allow a total stranger to feel her up and then be mad with her husband for 4 days for not being happy showed her true colours. Everything followed from that, she risked her marriage to have illicit sex with 3 men after going to a swingers party against her husbands clear wishes. To then have a 5/6 week affair added insult to injury. It was pre planned and disrespectful in the extreme. It was only when she realised what the future held without her husband that she addressed her betrayal but it was too late by then, she had gone too far, done too much for reconciliation to be possible.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Reading

@Anonymous 09/02/15 Re: neither of them really loved the other:

Expecting your wife to be faithful is NOT asking her to “worship you”.

While I DON’T think he should take her back, a PART of me says that if he is miserable EITHER way, why not try again?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good story but,

I would go for the sister!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Please, End It Here

There is one line you brought out very strongly. There are some mistakes that can be forgiven. There are some mistakes that totally destroy a marriage and cannot be forgiven. I can truly put myself in Danny's situation. Hell, even my name is Danny. An ex-wife cheated on me, and had sex with other men...a lot of other men. She enjoyed cuckolding me. She even had a pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage. I never did find out if the baby would have been mine or one of her many lovers...men that I saw every day...men that I still must face. Please, let this story end here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
real estate ...

Seriously - a real estate saleslady - nuff said.

christmas_apechristmas_apeabout 8 years ago

thank you. this sucked! (great story though) pain exquisite.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I'm surprised

I expected ohio to come back and force a reconciliation in this story?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

He's right to walk away I could never stay no matter what . Why should he live with that ?hanging over his head everytimethey are not together. Not to mention he has the fucking three guy with a continued affair with one. That only means it was better with that guy than with her husband to risk all for it . Cheating shows now love respect or consideration not only for her husband but her kids, plus all family and friends. Maybe the cheater is sorry a lot of the times but probably mostly for getting caught then there life falls apart around them and they get to realize the damage they've done to everyone including themselves .

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Reading Yet Again!

Repeating one of my earlier comments, the fact that she was mad for FOUR days after the bar incident shows a fundamental difference in how they view the marriage. And while her counseling MAY have altered her thinking, there is still the danger that if he takes her back she will eventually feel that he is suppressing her, and will take it out on him in some way; maybe she won’t cheat again, but maybe she’ll cut him off in some way.

And while he might be miserable either way, I think the encounter with Adele shows promise for HIS future, and while I'm not TOTALLY vindictive, if Eileen has an extended period of loneliness and misery it won't break my heart!

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Further Comment

“But this is the first and only time, right?" – Um, no! – The swing party was the first time but NOT the only time! There were SEVERAL times with Martin, I’m not sure if the exact number was ever given.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Reading Yet AGAIN!

I can't believe that so much of the new stuff is such crap that I'm reading old stuff for the 3rd and 4th times!

"But this is the first and only time, right?" - She's GOT to get the WHOLE story from her mother before they talk about it again, or else be willing to listen to HIM tell it! .

One HUGE argument against reconciliation is her job. Her job allows for frequent time out of the office with her time unaccounted for. There is no way to be able to trust her.

I WOULD like to see, not a continuation, but more of an epilog, maybe a few years down the rode when one of the kids is getting married, see how they've each moved on. My vindictive side had him happily re-married (maybe to Adele?) while Eileen is still alone and lonely!

Seeker1107Seeker1107almost 8 years ago
This is my second time through

I don't remember if I left a commentary on any of the chapters but, here it goes....

The fact that it took her so long to realize that she had disrespected him in such a way, as well as having emasculated him is for the most part a deal breaker. She should have told him about the swingers party a long time earlier, not let him find out from her lovers wife! She knew he was against it, he left no room for ambiguity in that regard. Personally if he had thought about it he should have put them both into couples therapy right after the bar scene, if for nothing else than to explore why she had this need to begin with. Was he to blame, no not at all.was she, yes! As for the girlfriend of hers with her husband wanting to do her, he should have put his foot down and gotten them out of their lives. At the least maybe throw an alienation of affection suite against them. It would have made them worry about involving her and maybe, just maybe saved him all this grief. I can comment like everyone else, and say the coulda woulda shoulda from here to infinity, but, in the end it doesn't change a single thing. She did the crime and now has to live with her choices. In the end he did what was right by him and that is what counts. Not every spouse that reconciles is a wimp. They are just doing what was right by them. He wouldn't be able to trust her again even if he was sure she wouldn't do it again, he would still have doubts and every time she was late, or went out dressed a certain way he would wonder, and that's just not a life. That is a prison of his own making.

Thanks for the offering

Seeker

phred1phred1almost 8 years ago
The way it should turn out

YES!!! She broke her marriage vows. . . more than once. She disrespected her husband, and in the end he realized that he may still love her but could not trust her. He made the right choice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Previous comments

Phred1 and sbrooks103? Both of u r real losers with 0 compassion. U know nothing of real life. U both should just read and keep you mouths shut and your thoughts to yourself

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous