All Comments on 'Her Blue Dodge Minivan Ch. 03'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 446 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
she's an entitled princess

you can't just say, "I'v learned my lesson now daddy."

she's not a little girl, and he's not her daddy.

what she did was deliberate, selfish, toxic, and fueled by literally everything a marriage cannot survive. it's good that she's in therapy. it's good that she's growing up. she can't un-fuck those men. she can't undo the lies and disrespect. it took malicious intent to do what she did.

believe me, if a ex-soldier that murders children under orders dedicates their life to protecting the innocent....i'm all for it. but that past exists. that soldier does not have the right to sit down and eat dinner with the parents of those murdered kids.

"The good doesn't wash away the bad. The bad doesn't wash away the good"

That's the short of it. This was an excellent story, because it addresses the only real issue: Stay with someone that broke you, or make a new start? Those were his only choices. He did his OWN therapy those few months. He realized he'd be better off with option two than one.

iameaseliameaselalmost 4 years ago

Sorry @Helen1899 if the shoe were on the other foot you'd praise her for dumping his worthless ass.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
At

At least he got his decision right.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 4 years ago
The whole story is about nothing

So wife had cheated with no original or interesting twists, he found out, they went through the standard counseling/grieving process, and then he ultimately he divorced her. What was the point of the story beyond that?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Say what?

Four months to finally reach the conclusion that he should dump her cheating ass? That solution would be a no brainer to anyone other the a wimp.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 3 years ago
The Fuxs???

The End? Seriously???

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

Ain’t love grand

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

"Four months to finally reach the conclusion that he should dump her cheating ass? That solution would be a no brainer to anyone other the a wimp.'

Meaning anon would cry for his wife to stay with him and hopefully not leave him for another dude. Factually most guys with that attitude tend to be the ones who'll cry and beg to work through a cheating wife situation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The ending...

...serves to accomplish only one thing: It renders the whole story pointless. This writer is good at this.Were I his professor, I would encourage him to not think of writing another story until he took a high level course on how to devise enjoyable and meaningful endings. Two stars from an overly generous critic.....Mike from Canada.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Yep, she did do too much damage to the fabric of their marriage. Her disrespect was way over the top, she had to go, no real choice otherwise.

Scores 5/5 for being a real story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
STORY ARC WAS 3 AND 7/8THS ...............................

Weeks tooo long. This cheap, cheating skank fucks around at a swapping party she goes to without her husband and expects any other outcome, she stupid whore to boot.

Why the hell did it take Danny 4 months to figure out he didn't want to be married to the town pump? Reality says he gets rid of her immediately after discovering what whore she was.

Dnvrdave58Dnvrdave58over 3 years ago

A 4 but would have been a 5. Up until the end it was a good story until you just stopped the story with no ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4 Stars

My first wife Cheated on Me Twice .. That is why She is My Ex .. I Told My Second Wife all about it .. She Cheated on Me Once and I kicked her to the Curb .I was told by a new guy in the neighborhood as all My friends hid it from Me boh times .

SAV12SAV12over 3 years ago
BARELY 4 STARS

DUE TO HOW IT ENDED, I FELT SORRY FOR DANNY, UNTIL THE END. I THOUGHT HE WOULD HAVE TO GIVE HER A SHOT AT REDEMPTION BECAUSE OF ALL THE TIME HE TOOK TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO. BUT TO TAKE THIS MUCH TIME AND THEN LOWER THE BOOM, WELL, THAT'S CRUEL.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

I agree the ending was poor. After all the agonising it just stopped. He probably should have done that as soon as he heard about the swingers party. Still a 4 for one of my favourite authors.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Wow, she's taking "full responsibility," and "she understood that it's no small matter." How could she not?

/

"But this is the first and only time, right?" - Um, no. There was the swing party, then the several times with Martin.

/

"Danny, what more could she do?" - She could have not done it, but it's too late for that.

/

I'm of two minds: One says that if both options suck, then take her back, the Devil you know, etc. The other says, divorce her, get out, see what's out there. Maybe at some point you might work your way back to her, maybe find someone knew.

/

"but there hadn't been the warm comfort of spending time with someone you loved and trusted." - Of course not, you're not going to get that on your first conversation!

/

Divorce is actually fairer to her. A marriage where he never fully trusts her, always waiting for the other shoe to drop is a miserable way to live.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pain is always going to be Pain..............

When you cheat...and you do it...no matter what your husbands says...You have to be willing to pay the price...How can you be sorry and want back what you already had and was willing to give it up...that makes no sense...getting the divorce papers is what she need's... but boy did this guy make her sweat it out....like I said....Pain is Pain....cheating always costs the pain to one of the partners............

ResmiHardinResmiHardinover 3 years ago
4*

So she had a sex party where she fucked 1 of her friends that got her into this in the first place, then 2 more and had no regrets before or after (minor ones but not full one) deciding to do that, knowing it was out of her 'system' now she went to lunch with one of her fuck buddies and knew he was after her again, fucked him 6more times because she liked the excitement but was growing tired of him, knowing it will fizzle out in time, but got caught and was made to confess then expect Danny to hear about 1TIME and forgive her lol, then the whole story comes out that she's been to a party and still expect him to stay....Hmmm I would of filed for divorce the day i dropped her off at her parents house.

I wanted to see more revenge on amy and hubby though, that was plot hole that should of been filled.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I wasn't going to bother to comment on this story as the author hasn't published anything here for years. However, the events in the story and Danny's attitude prompted me to.

Although Eileen cheated on Danny, more than once, I can't help having empathy for her in her level of sorrow. Danny never actually witnessed her cheating it only lives in his imagination which is totally different from facing the reality of the cheating e.g. seeing the actually physical cheating via being in the room or through video/photos.

A lot of these stories treat being told that the spouse is cheating and actually seeing it the same way they have the spouses react in exactly the same way which in real life wouldn't happen.

It's easy for the mind to disassociate from events that we are told about as opposed to those we actually see.

In this case the ending of this story would have been better if Danny forgave Eileen and took her back. At least for me it would have worked better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good ending

Im glad he didnt take her back. Its about time you wrote this type of ending for one of your loving wives stories. All the wives you portray in your stories are so selfish and slutty. They callously cheat on the husbands and think they can get away with it and only regret it after the fact when they feel pain. I was worried that you were going to reconcile these two like all your other stories but was pleasantly surprised when you didnt.

Hardday1953Hardday1953about 3 years ago
Everyone different

But I would have done a 180 on the ending. The depth of a man is problem-solving. Most of your stories show that. In this case, a smart man throws in the towel.

ZoomdoggieZoomdoggieabout 3 years ago

Thanks for writing my story. It’s not possible to convey the terrible pain involved, but you tried. It’s been 9 years, but it’s getting better.

premshankerpremshankerabout 3 years ago

Confrontation does n pay

It is adjustment only can move forward

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Whether story or actual life decisions are hard to make. Thank you for a very good story that I'm sure many can relate to. 5 stars. BTW, no matter how long since a story was written, the same amount of effort and time was put into it. Its been around three years but I hope ohio is still out there, if not another aspiring writer might want to hear what we say.

somewhere east of Omaha

GrassIsGreenerGrassIsGreenerabout 3 years ago
Perfect Ending

I love most of Ohio's stories. Sometimes the reconciliation is forced. In this story, it wasn't the affair that caused the divorce but the blatant disrespect for Danny by swinging. Even though that was a one-time event and the affair carried on. They discussed it a number of times and she did what she wanted. I'm certain, that if he would have told her in advance, that if she swings, the marriage will be over, she would have done it anyway and that is why, in this story, Danny had to end the marriage. Great Job

GisG

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Never go into a relationship or a marriage without detailing what the deal breakers are. Cheating should be top #1 on the list. Excuses are just a cheater's bullshit rationalization of their shitty choices and behavior. Let the cheater figure out and deal with their fuckedupness. Don't allow yourself to be sucked into the myth that you'll never find happiness if you don't take the cheater back and reconcile. Leave them behind and move on with your life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

men don't think like that wimp . really i don't want to live alone , men don;t think like that , and tell your little girl to live with her whore mom . i kinow i still love you and you still love me ,sorry dude men don't think like that. i would say a woman wrote this or a queer did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wow! Gave it a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Drug out way too long. Therecwas never any reasonable way for this marriage to survive her actions. Would still love to hear about him hooking up with the ex-sister in law and Eileen's reaction to it.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

"...I will earn back your trust and respect again, if it takes me 20 years. Just, please, give me the chance!" Can you imagine living with someone willing to take another twenty years to rebuild what she tossed away?

Donovan7777Donovan7777almost 3 years ago

Finally Ohio you give me an ending I can live with. Read several of your stories and while most are well written, most have the wimp out at the end and she gets what she wants . The get out of jail free card. I agree with the others that the Swingers party was simply unforgivable and without that, the rest would not have happened. I would have liked an Epilogue though to see where their lives went from there.

bobareenobobareenoalmost 3 years ago

Ohio writes well. The ending, though bleak, was appropriate. Could've gone either way, but it was kept interesting to read as the protagonist labored to determine what was right for him. He had a no win situation, and Ohio wrote so well that his character's ambivalence was understandable and moving.

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69almost 3 years ago

The story was very well done. However, the ending made me very sad. In some of my comments on here, I’ve said that I’m a sucker for a happy ending. I am. But, honestly, I can’t understand why they couldn’t at least give it a try to reconcile. They had 20 good years and two great children. It had to be worth a try.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Probably for the best. She was complete, enthusiastically, and cleverly deceitful fucking Martin. And she stopped only because she realized she might have been caught. After she got done with Martin she would be looking for the next thrill, the next fuck buddy on the side. She Loved The Sex And The Excitement. The problem is that she never rehabilitated herself, her lack of character and ethics. She experienced regret, sure, mostly regret that she got caught, regret that she humiliated herself, her children, her family. All those regrets are external, not indigenous to her character. She admits she was Stupid. I never saw where she admitted she was unethical, immoral, internally flawed. Until she owns that she will always be playing I'm Sorry and Catch Up.

What Eileen needs to do is file for divorce, give Danny everything, and try to restore her character and her dignity for her children's sake. She needs to make acts of contrition, penance, restitution, and rehabilitation. If Danny is still available after she has become the new woman she needs to become, maybe she can explore a new relationship. No guarantees.

I did notice, at least in this story, that OHIO is awkward with children. He appears to have little knowledge of what it is to be a successful parent. The children are Totally involved in a parents divorce, if the family has been a successful loving bond. The children naturally want to understand who their parents are, what they are experiencing, and how it affects the family unit going forward. There is no reason to hide Eileen's betrayal from her children. She may be offering advice to their children someday as their grandmother, and who would want an unrepentant whore in that role? The lack of family involvement was the weakest part of the whole story.

It would still be interesting to find out how Eileen and Danny ended up. I would expect Eileen to be fucking around again within months if not weeks, if she can hide it from her family and children. Danny's character is too poorly described to know what he might do next. It took him forever to figure out the obvious end of their marriage. It felt like the author was dragging that out for no purpose to the plot. Trying to make him look thoughtful and contemplative. Fail. He looked shallow and weak minded. Eileen gave hints before fucking around that she wanted to experience strange cock. He just refused the opportunity without investigating the cause and depth of her desire for extramarital sex. We saw how that reticence and obtuseness payed of.

Anyway, a good story overall. Thanks for the effort.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

As they say you reap what you sow and is exactly what she did. The swinging thing and then the affair, what did she think would happen. Why these stupid wives think that they can't get caught is beyond me. As sad as it is this is what happens when you cheat, you lose it all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Lousy ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sad but realistic ending for a couple where she knew he wouldn't approve, but did it anyway, and he can't accept it but also isn't destructively vindictive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This wife gave into the lust of raw sex...and I believe she never thought about her husband when she did it...She had to pay the price and she did....Divorce is the right price to pay.........

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Right ending but rough. An excellent summary of just how harsh divorce is.

Cito22Cito22over 2 years ago

Whether it's what the reader wanted or not. This was the correct ending.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

Ohio I'm so sad that you're gone.

That said I thought this was a good story to talk about the tortuous decision process between staying and going.

Some men could take that kind of treachery and believe that the wife will never do it again however many of us may includeyet many of us me included would never be able to get out of her head and suspicion would always be there.

The woman may prove that suspicion is not justified and he has nothing to fear however people like me and others like me as suspect would never be absolutely sure and that and that lack of surety would poison relationship sure as cyanide in a drink.

Stay in a relationship with that kind of fierce suspicion always on the margin would be unfair unkind and unhealthy to both people.

And that's assuming the optimum resolution the woman really would have turned over a new leaf.

I don't have to get a serious consideration as to why she did it and in this case the woman clearly threw husband's concerns and needs right out the window and totally respected him and it's a favorite for your own gratification and then when caught was contrived.

I'm concerned the stories clear to me that she had no intention to stopping the affair at least any time soon and And the only reason she did stop was because she got caught and realized all of a sudden her dream world was gone and the reality of a complete destruction for mineratures at hand.

This true is a tragedy to everybody involved however the poor guy really had no good options here only a choice of The least worst option of a binary decision issue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sad story and ending. There was really no way he could take her back, what she did was just to egregious and deceitful. It shouldn’t have taken him that long to come to the correct decision.

usaretusaretover 2 years ago

A long, long journey to an obvious end. Much to long. Perhaps this tale reflects someone’s reality, but not the norm I suspect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I can relate with danny, it would be painful and it would take me a lot of time to acept the only outcome, divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good decision.She cannot be trusted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a sorry story! A bitch of a wife who knew early on from a dance that her husband didn't want other guys touching her - what hubby in their right mind would? - and then, against his objections, when he's away she goes to that swinger party and fucked by no less than 3 guys! Then proceeds to have an affair, continuing it after she initially wanted to stop it. Total disregard, dismissal of her husband & his feelings. How can one trust another that totally threw them out the window? As I wrote after chptr 2, if it only happened once, maybe twice, there could be a chance. But 6 times? And then the swinger party? Would've been nice to read her thoughts, etc., of her going to- and participate - in that party. Why did she listen to her so-called friend and toss her husband's feelings out the window? (Yeah, I read what she said to the therapist.) What was her thoughts as she became a participant... several times over?

She'll most likely cheat again after a time, but try to be even more discreet, as in her car at the mall & using his car. The level of trust is demolished & really can't be raised high enough. Some of his decision, while well written, could've been quickened. At the same time, his battle between 2 obviously distasteful ends (to him) was well done; divorce is a harsh final step, which seems too easily taken these days; throw out a marriage along with last week's magazines. Lastly, the sister with the suggestion that she'd move in with a divorce wasn't explored. Writing of the sister's attempt to talk, etc.- OK. But putting in that suggestion without further exploration leaves the story incomplete.

The story, 3 chapters, could've been told in less with proper editing. The total of 6? pages could've been down to 4. I'm inbetween 2 & 3 stars, but leaving it with 3 because of the good writing overall in spite of what I wrote above. 2 stars = dislike, & that's a wrong answer to me. So 3 it is.

Rocky210Rocky210over 2 years ago

Painful, but very well written. It's so sad that we can get so caught up in what we want that we completely forget about what our actions can do to those we love. I agree that there are some things that we just can'nt get past. Thanks

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Very painful… but she did it to their marriage. A lesson has to be learned. Too bad. Maybe in a year or two they could become friends… then maybe more. Who knows. Thank-you this one was written very well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Been there, done that and got the T shirt. Well written

MeAReader2MeAReader2about 2 years ago

Loved the ending. Couldn’t see how he could take her back. Well written story.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 2 years ago

I thought the ending was rushed and not well thought out. He recognized that counseling might have helped her but he never tried to do marriage counseling to figure out how to regain trust. To abrupt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written but one dimensional, predictable and rather dull. No twists and turns, no hidden relavations, no intrigue, no sudden shocks. Much ado about nothing - methinks.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What you wrote was good and carefully planned and worked well. I do feel it needed more. People fuck up bad sometimes, we can't help it. I'm not saying Shes not guilty, but Hes too much of a hard ass to see how Shes reformed. Our daughter pointed that fact out to me and yes I let her back into the house and my heart, know what? they were right, and we lived a happy life until she passed over 3 years ago, I'm so glad we got back together and led our lives well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story, but the long way around the barn for a 10 minute, "I'm divorcing you" ending. If he was really that conflicted some more in-depth interaction between the two of them could have been helpful. Still, nicely done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A solid man who made a command decision to take his life back. That God he didn't fall into the trap of letting his loneliness, and fear of being alone going foreward-tge true reason for his hesitancy to divorce her-weaken his resolve.

His analysis as to why he had to leave was concrete reality made manifest.

Eileen, for all her efforts, for which should get credit, woukd forever be the unconscious source of suspicion and fear in his mind;there is no way back from that and thus every reason to walk away.

Two points. First, in all these stories there is a constant refrain,"I still love he." This is not true. What is loved is the image and memory of the girl he once knew and loved. The current manifestation is a women, if he were getting to know her for the first time and knew about her past behavior, is likely someone he walk away from immediately; what man wants THAT risk hanging in front of a future relationship? Hence, "I still love her",is misapphrnsion of reality compounded by fear of loneliness. At the end he realized this.

The Japanese have a saying. "Who must do difficult things? He who can". Nothing in that ensures ease of decision. It takes courage to make that and assume the responsibility for the choice;hence my commend of command decision.

Last, he, and all the men in these stories, need immediate counseling to help gain objective clarity of the emotional trauma to help them clarify there perception of the event and then find a clear and constructive path foreward that is best for THEM. At that point THEIR needs outweighs all, and I do mean all, other concerns.

None of this is easy or without pain. That's just the way it is. The SEAL moto, There is no easy day", encapsulates late this fully. Take responsibility for yourself to accept the reality of the situation then move foreward to win through regardless of the pain and suffering required. Those that do so come out the end stonger than they ever knew possible and can handle any future adversity with more clarity, purpose and success.

He is a courageous man who, in this midst of great pain, made the right call. This is a man to respect.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 2 years ago

I felt terribly disappointed in the coda. It was too abrupt, too impersonal. After three chapters, it feels like you just gave up on the story. The MC puts all this energy into torturing the wife at first and then punks out on the leaving her. I suppose we're to assume that talking to two women convinces him he's some sort of a chick magnet but it's a stretch.

Naw! Bad finish to a dragged out story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Being in a similar position the worst for me was that my now ex-wife allowed others to have their tongue down her throat, hands all over her and be in her. That is what I could not get over, that and she thought she had done nothing really wrong. The other thing was that she would not tell me much. I could not even drag it out of her. She behaved like an eight year old. I done something and you only find out how bad it is when/if you can get them to inform you what they had actually done. Due to that lot I found I could not touch her, well except with a pair of long handled tongs or a full bio hazard suite. She also did not like that I told her that she was a filthy and disgusting persons for which she blamed me for. Hence she is my ex after over 25 years of marriage. it was nearer 30 years as she dragged the divorce out for 3.5 years. Why, she would not talk to me so the solicitors bills were through the roof.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Games people play make more than winners and losers, they tear the fabric of the universe apart. Thanks for your writing g.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAalmost 2 years ago

I find it hard to understand why it took so much soul searching to dump the cheater. 1. She seem to need a whole lot of stimulation to make love with him. 2. He made it very clear that he had no interest in swinging. 3. The affair wasn't just an impulsive action. 4. He is a "that's final type of guy who loves to "dick around and over" people. His moral high ground action was counter intuitive to his actions…like him being a dick. He teased his daughter with the lamest of sentences "I can't discuss it with you and then teases around the edges. Cheater was wrong, however if she thought for a couple of minutes and didn't let inertia rule her life, she would have told him to move on and fuck you it's my house too.

MasterKoteMasterKotealmost 2 years ago

I think this seems more realistic than others... With that, I mean he did a lot of soul searching and couldn't live with it. Hell, I don't think most spouses would. There's just some things u cant go back on. Ppl say he made her suffer, well what about him? He was taking his time on how to proceed and I'm sure he thought of all possible scenarios, especially after being together that long. At least he considered all possible outcomes whereas she barely hesitated to cheat.

Ocker53Ocker53almost 2 years ago

This is believable, excellent story, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A very good story. Congratulations

OdessaLesOdessaLesalmost 2 years ago

A tough choice, some say it was an easy choice, but if you have any analytical skills whatsoever, you would know this situation was awful and the outcome/decision would be different for each person. He did what I would have done and wasn’t mean about it. Well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A shame a good well told story but once again another great marriage ruined by her wanting a bit of strange I can relate to him as I to took back a cheating wife (2 of them) BUT it was never really the same The distrust is always there Keep writing mate (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Seems quite realistic. And it is his own personal decision. And she couldn't do much more than go back in time and unfuck herself. So just sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I went from the last Ohio story where I was pissed at that reconciliation at the end to this one that I was hoping for a reconciliation & didn’t get it. I can’t figure out how my mind decides which way I’d like the story to end.

Bill S.

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

Realistic ending but the rest of this story still easily fell well within the margins of what I stated in the previous chapter.

You writers need to understand that unless you are aiming for the bottom feeders in the BTB crowd, less is more. Quite literally there is NO emotional impact when the wife fucks more than one guy. Why? Because at that point she has effectively check out of the marriage so her crying and whiny and (cliched and used in nearly every story) when she slumps to the floor sobbing rings patently untrue. If she fucked one dude, then yes, there could be a realistic emotional hit coming, but few of you do that. You prefer to go for the full on outrage at the "slut" and therefore prefer the lazy writing aimed for those bottom feeders.

So while this ended realistically, as far as their marriage goes, her emotional desperation rings hollow as do her tears. So quite frankly, you arent, or werent as good a writer as some wish to make you out to be. Decent is what you are at best or were. Sadly few will learn any lessons from this.

JackDancerJackDancerover 1 year ago

I was also disappointed with this ending. It feels like you were trying to pull some sort of "change-up" at the end, throwing something non-sequitur at us. We never see how our protagonist comes to the conclusion that he does, and are actually shown that he seems to be considering the opposite. It felt forced. Overall a good story, but an unsatisfactory ending not up to your usual standards.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, Eileen then went back to her bedroom and blew her brains out against the wall. The problem wasn't that she cheated on him, the problem was that she continued to cheat on him. If the story indicated that she was grossly remorseful and greatly ashamed after the first time, then there was a possibility that they could have continued with the damaged marriage. Eileen was doing everything right to try to get him back but the damage was too much for him to get passed the disrespect. Good story none the less.

cyendreycyendreyover 1 year ago

An interesting story until the final scene. I guess the reason I feel disappointed is the MC drew out his decision for months. Throwing her out fpr thst time makes for a nice story line, but…

The fact she accepted it and did everything he could have asked proactively WITHOUT being asked or forced would have been a BIG set of items in her favor in real life. The facts are, unless it was part of a formal separation agreement, he couldn’t deny her the right to live in their community property home. In a divorce her attorny would have been incompetent to at least suggest recompense for her apartment rent fir the month’s before he filed.

In the end I guess I just don’t bur the POV he’s trying to sell. I think he drew it out as long as he could to deliberately punish her ehile trying to oaint himself as a saint and victim, wallowing in his own self pity.

That is why my sympathy shifted to the wife, surprising as that was to me. I fully expect if there were an epilogue that the mc would continue his victimized woe is me feel my pain bs until somebody slaps with a taser.

jesemmojesemmoover 1 year ago

I've read a number of your stories and in some I was impressed how you created a counseling situation of your ability, but not in this story. I'm surprised that the husband didn't seek help in dealing with his wife's affair and behavior. He's misery could have helped him find a direction instead of the misery he lived with. A good story, but I did not like the ending mainly because he made this decision without a solution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story sucks ass

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

It's a good story, although sad. She ripped up the marriage, and can't expect ever to get back to where it was. If they reunited, he'd always be angry, underneath. The anger would boil up periodically, and probably also in small ways in everyday life. She'd see that and eventually respond in kind. Sooner or later.....they probably leave the unhappy situation, now older and less able to move on. Better to walk. D

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

I didn't like how short and abrupt the ending was. And he also claimed that he could actually trust her!?!?? Don't get how he came to that conclusion. And if he did feel he could trust her, after all that time he decided not to forgive her? Why did he drag it out for so long?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What was it Aretha Franklin sang? "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" When she failed that companionship test, that marriage was over. It just took the spouse a little while to come to terms that he could find that companionship with someone else until he finally did. At that point, she was toast and deservedly so.

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

I understand the dilemma. Stay or leave? It seems his main concern is to be left alone. Is that a good enough reason to stay? Staying with someone out of habit, out of fear?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

BRAVO!!!!!!!

PBD2022PBD2022over 1 year ago

Cheating with 4 men, an affair, and the disrespect with all that, you took months to decide? Where was the this feeling before started cheating or thinking of it. It is not the cheating a person is sorry about it is the loss of status quo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He made the right call….as difficult as it was.

.

IMO there is a lot of validity to the proposition that there is a big difference between a one time “slip”, and a series of “slips”. In this case, had she not continued with her swingfest fuck buddy and her transgression was “only” the fuckfest at the swinger party…..hubby might…MIGHT…have been able to reconcile. But this woman continued to fuck one of the guys for weeks….and only stopped when hubby conducted a campaign to make her feel guilty about it. AND HUBBY WAS COMPLETELY AWARE THAT HER ABANDONMENT OF THE AFFAIR WAS DUE TO HIS ACTIONS TO PROVOKE IT.

.

He really had little choice….as sad and terrible as that choice had to be.

.

5 *****

servant111servant111over 1 year ago

What a truncated conclusion! This one really needed a good epilogue but you as usual Al leave us hanging out with nada. Total sloppy nonsense.

2 stars

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

I didn’t feel that was a good ending but different, put the cheated husband’s point in clear and easy to see way’s

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Not really sure what Eileen really thought was going to happen when Danny came to tell her what his decision was.

Obviously her actions of attending a swinger party and then also having an affair were bad enough. But, when Danny finally compels her to confess she tries to get away with only telling part of the truth.

While I'll give her credit for going to counseling and the fact that she finally comprehended the damage she did to their marriage and she took complete responsibility for her actions. She still never came to any real understanding or explanation for why she did what she did other than she was acting like a spoiled brat who was told she couldn't have something she wanted.

Well written and believable story.

jsch1947jsch1947over 1 year ago

The circumstances are unforgivable.

The blatant, selfish, disrespect.

Amy and husband escaped unharmed.

THEY seduced her.

She went to 'just watch'. (The bullshit we allow ourselves to be deceived)

Whatever he decided, it would have been justified.

mfbridgesmfbridgesover 1 year ago

I just have this feeling that if she'd never been caught that eventually she would have cheated again. I have a hard time with idea of forgiving and moving back together after you've been caught. I pretty sure she knew her husband already knew and that's why she confessed. I confess to my little white lies to my wife all the time when I know I'm caught. lol I know my wife lies and she never admits it. I could see my wife cheating on me.

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

He dragged it out, but stayed the course. Good man.

Point of order! Don’t swinger clubs forbid roaming males and females without their partners, as well as dating outside the swinging environment? Maybe I’m just being naive.

vanyevanyeover 1 year ago

It's a shame Danny didn't seek counseling too. It would have helped him in the future, and maybe even more now.

oksideshow859419oksideshow859419over 1 year ago

work on your endings pleases

Dlh143Dlh143over 1 year ago

Finally a story from this author that allowed a man to keep his self respect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

All good. Unsatisfying bummer, that must be said, but sometimes it's just that way. A good write, however.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ohio set this up so divorce is the only real option. This wasn't a one time slip with immediate confession, etc. It wasn't even a short affair. He's looking at bad, bad stuff.

Yes, the swinging is really bad. Multiple guys in one night. And then the affair for weeks that only ends when she realizes hubby knows.

But the kicker is that hubby had tried hard to go way outside his comfort zone in an effort to make her happy with games. And they had talked extensively about his boundaries. This couldn't possibly be construed as a lack of communication or some confusion. No way she might try to lessen her offense by saying she never realized he would be this hurt. They'd talked extensively. She KNEW. She had no doubt. And she gleefully fucked him over.

Related -- if she loved her husband and wanted to protect her marriage, she would have stopped talking to her friend the snake. She realized that the conversations were damaging her marriage long before she ever cheated. Each one pushed her closer to destruction. And she willingly kept having them.

She cries and wails that she loves him. But she never understood what love really is. And there's no way for him to be sure that she does now.

If he had reconciled, he would have been stuck with a woman who wants to fuck other men. Oh, she would promise and swear that she'd never do it again. She likely wouldn't. But she wants to. And he knows it. And he'd always have to wonder how she'd act, if she really thought that there was no possible way for him to find out ....

Knoxhard

MarrttyMarrttyover 1 year ago

Good analysis anon. Story was pretty good. The wife was pretty bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I loved it. 5 stars! ( Who are you, and what have you done, to Ohio?)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ok. I think this was the only way, this story could end. Based on the wife’s reaction( screwing 3 guys at a swingers event) it us very apparent she was unhappy with her life, and was going to do what she wanted. I am sure she was sorry when caught, but the brazen acts almost guaranteed she would be back at it, sooner or later.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One thing I have noticed on the comments on Lit. Most people believe, that a marriage should last forever. But 50% end in divorce, with women instituting it 80% of the time. Marriage, as an institution, is NOT a good deal for men. Look at it like this- If you bought your house, and after 5 years could walk away and owe nothing, how many more loans would end in default? Marriage is the only legal contract, that our system does not enforce. I find it amusing that so many of our southern and western neighbors, are all focused of taking away abortion rights, but still make it easy for a woman to break her marriage contract, and then take 75% of her husbands assets. However, I never hear a peep from anyone, on trying to make marriage “ great again” . Kinda funny, when you think about it... 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank goodness! For a minute there I thought you would turn him into a cuck. He will have plenty of options if he wants to get back into a serious relationship with a woman. He isn't desolate or destined to be alone, he only felt that way for a while. Don't care what happens to her and am glad he decided not to let her ruin the rest of his life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Difficult choice, in the end the wife was always that person. From the beginning she was the kinky one and kept pushing her husband to try this or that and he balked at the sharing of his wife so the divorce should not have come as a surprise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

His last words were, "I'm sorry Eileen." Are you kidding me? How about, "I'm sorry you're a cheating slut and will always be one. If I let you back in, the disrespect will start all over again. I'm sorry you're delusional and have been fooled by some idiot shrink into thinking you'll never whore yourself out again. Not buy it and I'm really, really sorry I wasted 20 years of my life with you."

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous