Her Emerald Eyes

Story Info
Twin sisters develop feelings (11888 words).
11.8k words
4.59
12.8k
26

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 02/11/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
superren
superren
19 Followers

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

All characters partaking in sexual activity are over 18 years of age and fully consent to the acts therein.

This story takes place in a fictitious timeline, namely a timeline void of COVID-19 and the resulting quarantines and horribleness.

This is my first attempt at writing erotica. I got good grades in English class, but not great so if you see any spelling or grammatical errors I sincerely apologize.

If you like the story leave a rating or a comment, or if you don't let me know why.

Also, this story is an intended first part so if the ending seems abrupt and the story feels like a bummer I promise things will get better for our girls...or will they?

If you stick it out then you'll find out.

Lastly, there is a lot of build-up, the sex doesn't start to the latter half of the story so if you want something quick this may not be for you, there are loads of great shorter stories elsewhere on the site.

Thanks and let's get started, Superren.

***

My story doesn't have a happy ending. I wouldn't even consider this an ending if it didn't have such a feeling of totality to it. I wish it could have ended differently, I wished a lot of things could have been different. I try to wish the experiences and feelings away but as I sit here in this damp apartment they're the only thing that keeps me warm. The only thing that keeps me from ending it all. I do not doubt that the embers of my once privileged and happy life will soon burn out as I begin my final descent into oblivion.

***

"Be quiet."

"No, you be quiet."

"I am being quiet."

"Neither of you is being particularly quiet, you know," said a voice behind us. We both span on our heels to see our older brother Josh looking at us, smiling. That smile that always seems to say, I know what you're up to, even if you don't know what it is you're up to yet. For some reason, it always made me feel at ease. Like he knew something that could always help me, no matter what has happened or will happen, he will know what to do. I love him more than anyone else. Well almost anyone, the top spot is reserved for my twin sister Holly.

"We're not doing anything," said Holly, looking at me for resolve, ''Deebee eses,'' she whispered to me in twin.

"Yeah, we were just making sure Rudolph enjoyed his carrot," I smiled at Holly, pleased with my answer.

"Oh really, don't want to go and shake your Christmas presents, try and guess what they are before mom and dad get up?"

"And birthday presents," I said. There was that smile again.

"Damn it, Ivy," Holly said with disdain. I should explain. My sister and I are non-identical twins. I have our mother's light blonde hair, golden some would say. Holly, like our brother, has our father's brown chestnut hair. However one trait we all share is our father's distinctive green eyes that shine like emeralds. But really how much difference is there between siblings. Another thing I should explain, my sister and I were born on Christmas day, hence Holly and Ivy, pretty unoriginal I always thought. Josh had told us our 'born-again' Christian parents tried to plan it exactly, religious reasons supposedly. And when it happened, 'just as God planned it' they said. At that time I'm pretty sure they loved God more than us. Josh shushed us, quieter than we had been.

"Don't let mom and dad hear you say that, they'll try and exorcise you." We didn't know what that was, but it was a warning from Josh, so we quietened down. We looked at our brother, all our matching eyes having a conversation. He gave in first. We were his little sisters after all.

"Fine let's go downstairs and see if he ate his carrot shall we?"

Holly and I followed gleefully. And as predicted the carrot had been mostly eaten and the milk and cookies we'd left out for Santa were gone too. Josh told us to get back to bed and said he'd hear us if we tried again. He probably wouldn't have but when you and your sister are five and your older brother is ten, it's like he has powers you will never understand.

Life was pretty normal, sometimes one of our parents would have to travel for work and they promised to never be gone for too long until we were old enough to look after ourselves. But that was it, school Monday to Friday, church on Sunday, repeat. Until one day. Holly and I were 8, Josh 13. It was a Sunday, mid-June and Josh claimed he wasn't feeling too well so our parents let him sleep in while the rest of us went to church. We were mid sermon when the doors flew open with a thunderous crash and Josh came running dressed in full costume screaming.

"YOU WILL NEVER CRUSH THE MIGHTY THOR, GOD OF THUNDER!" swinging an inflatable Mjolnir as he did so. Only three people laughed, Holly, me, and the perpetrator. My sister and I were grounded for a week, just because we laughed. Josh, 2 months! He had to give a public apology at the church next Sunday but when he sat down in the pew between Holly and me, he whispered.

"Next time will be even better, but you'll have to wait."

Later that day Holly and I spent all afternoon theorizing what it could be and when he would do it; we didn't much care for church and pastor McNickels was always so pious so Josh's stunt was a welcome reprieve from the monotony.

3 years passed and everyone had pretty much forgotten the Thor incident, my sister and I had all but given up waiting for the 'next time'. But the day after Josh got his driving license our parents let him drive us to church. He parked and as we began to walk in he said that he thought he had left something in the car and went to retrieve it. What followed was glorious. Pastor McNickels just began speaking when everyone heard a voice from the entrance.

"Let me stop you right there big man, I got a few things to straighten out." Josh, in a long white robe with a long white beard.

"Yeah, it's me, God. The G-dog. Made the world and everything. What have you all forgotten about me?" he said walking up the aisle. Everyone was mortified. We couldn't contain ourselves even as our parents told us to shut up. He approached the front and stood by pastor McNickels.

"I got it from here bro, so you guys have been going on a lot about the gays, and honestly it's kind of pissing me off. I love everyone, even this asshat McNickels."

We didn't see Josh for two weeks after that. He had to stay with an aunt out of state while our parents tried to smooth things over with the church. We didn't care. We both agreed, even better than last time. When he got home we gave him the biggest hug and as he hugged us back he whispered just for us to hear.

"Just wait for the big finale."

Life resumed its normal march but every Sunday we couldn't wait for 'the big finale'. About one year later Holly and I were twelve, Josh had just turned 17. We all went in and again my sister and I were disappointed as Josh entered with us but halfway through the sermon Josh stood up, interrupting and said without any hesitation and very matter of fact

"Just wondering, pastor, how many kids have you touched?"

We lost it. And Josh, he lost his freedom. He was grounded until graduation, he was still allowed to play basketball as he needed to for his college applications but nothing else, just school and basketball. Josh was banned from ever returning to the church. We decided to stay home with Josh on Sundays and our parents accepted our decision, much to our surprise.

Eventually, Graduation came. We all attended to watch Josh walk across the stage to accept his high school diploma, great grades, basketball scholarship to Stanford. Our parents couldn't have been prouder. Our father hugged him for the first time since 'the big finale'. Only, he never made it across the stage. As his name was called he walked up the stairs smiling that knowing smile and fell. Some people laughed thinking it was just Josh being Josh. But when he didn't move everyone feared the worse.

"ALL, Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia," said the doctor, "it's a type of cancer..." The doctor carried on but I stopped listening. My big brother, cancer? That couldn't be right. Josh was invincible, he was infallible he was... he was... he was Josh. Holly was having the same thoughts because she looked just as checked out as I was. The glassy look in her eyes mirrored my own. It had always been the three of us, we never argued with Josh. Even when Holly and I would argue Josh always mediated and made us see sense. We were never just sisters, we were best friends. But only because Josh made sure of it.

We arrived home some hours later, to many protests we had to leave while Josh was still unconscious. When we walked in the front door I went up to my room and Holly followed me in. We sat on my bed and just started crying, we held each other for what could have been hours but at some point, we must have cried ourselves to sleep. I woke up in much the same position with Holly in my arms and me in hers. My stirring had woken her and even though the deep amber of the sky meant the Sun was still rising we went to find our dad.

"Morning girls," he said, sounding happier than a father whose son had cancer should have sounded. Holly answered first.

"Dad, I swear to god -"

"Hey, language," he replied. This time I spoke up.

"Don't give us that shit, we know what's happening, you can't pretend that this isn't real!"

All three of us were stunned by my little outburst. Dad moved from surprised to annoyed to understanding very quickly. He looked at us, motioned us to the couch, and sat opposite in the armchair. After a beat, he sighed.

"Look, I know this is a very scary time for you, but it's scary for your mother and me too. I spoke to her a little while ago and Josh is awake. He's very tired, very sick but the doctors are confident we caught this early enough to start treatment and get Josh fighting fit, and eventually he'll be all better. But we've got a long difficult road ahead of us. We'll need you two on your best behavior." I looked at Holly.

"Dasay?" she asked. I smiled at her and nodded.

"Dasay." We both looked at dad and after translating our twin speak promised we would be good.

***

Those first few weeks were really scary, Josh was very sick, not like himself at all, some days like a corpse come to life. He had radiation on his bone marrow to destroy the primary cancer and a bone marrow transplant but was undergoing chemo. Towards the end of the Summer we were sitting with Josh, he had told us he had to defer going to Stanford for the year to fully heal. We were quite guiltily delighted.

"Hey, sweetie," mom said, as she opened the door, "I've got a surprise for you."

"Ooh, is it a puppy, I will call him Redgrave," he quipped, we both chuckled so happy to have our brother back, mom also smiled.

"Hello, Josh," said pastor McNickels, walking in followed by our dad.

"Aw, mom, I thought it was going to be a nice surprise," I stifled a laugh, Holly did not.

"It's Okay, Lauren," the pastor said to our mom when she gave us a scornful look.

"It's a confusing time, we all get through it differently, as long as Josh accepts god back into his heart we have faith he will be cured."

"I prefer to put my faith in modern medicine," that knowing smile crept across our brother's face. Holly and I knew what was coming. The pastor had unwillingly wandered into our brother's trap, he was not going to leave here happy.

"But, Josh, medicine only works if the heavenly father allows it to work."

Josh leaned forward, "The heavenly father is also the asshole who gave me cancer." This flustered the pastor.

"Well...uh... he gave you cancer to test you."

"Great fucking test, I have no hair." our father silenced my mother before she could say something.

"Look, we only get what God gives us, as we deserve." We all gaped, I whispered to Holly.

"I'm about to kill the pastor."

"Get in line," she snapped back, clearly intent on harming him. Ultimately It was our mother who spoke.

"Are you saying you think Josh deserves cancer?" My gaze shifted to Josh while Holly was transfixed on the pastor. Josh winked at me, with that knowing smile. He wanted to get the pastor riled up and say something stupid.

"Josh has strayed far from the path, God is punishing him for his sinful behavior, he will get what he deserves."

Two men left the hospital early that day. Pastor McNickels with a broken nose and our father escorted out by security. Holly and I went down not long after and dad was waiting for us by the car.

"Dad that was fucking awesome!" I yelled at him.

"Ivy! language, Holly control your sister."

"Sorry. dad, what she meant to say was that was fucking amazing." Rather than scorn us dad took a deep breath in, which I suspect was to suppress a laugh, and told us to get in the car because we were going for Pizza.

A couple of weeks later Mom and dad were having a Sunday brunch date since they had given up with the Church. None of us cared, honestly I think we were all happier for it. Holly and I were talking about what kind of boys we were hoping to meet at high school when Josh interjected.

"Please don't date any meathead jocks, I cannot drive from California to Connecticut, to punch out a guy for stepping out on my sister."

"He means you," Holly and I said in unison to one another, I received a flick on the arm.

"No, I mean you," he said directly to me. Huh, why did he mean me?

"Hey! We might both date meatheads," I half-joked. That knowing smile, he looked at Holly. She looked...is that Shame?

"Ba holsa, holsa ivysa," I said in twin. Josh put his hand on her arm.

"Holly," he said as caring as our father, "it's fine."

"How did you know?" she replied. Okay, what did he know that I didn't? She's my twin sister. My best friend. He just shot her that knowing smile. She smiled shyly at him then looked at me and muttered.

"Say again," I couldn't make it out. She cleared her throat.

"I'm gay," she said head down.

"Oh." is all I could think of to say. A silence fell over the room, Josh tilted her head up to look at him.

"It's okay, I still love you." somehow he'd wrapped his hospital blanket around his face to make it look like a long beard. Holly started crying, but it was only partly because of laughter. I got up and pulled her with me. I looked into her emerald eyes.

"I love you too, more than I love Josh." Now she was just laughing. Her face was still wet and so I dried her cheeks with the cuff of my hoodie. Josh was laughing too and as our parents walked in they were overjoyed to see all their children laughing and happy for the first time since Josh was hospitalized.

"What's so funny?" asked dad, I thought I heard a little bit of FOMO in his voice.

"I'm gay," said Holly with no reservation, just laughter. She just turned back to Josh and me as if nothing had happened. It took our parents by more surprise than me but despite some initial hesitation from our now ex-church-going parents, we all accepted it as it is, completely normal.

***

"Josh, where's your sister?" asked our mom

"She's -"

"Your other sister."Josh walked off in a bit of a huff having been silenced before his quip. I was sitting between my parents on the couch opposite Coach Michaels who coached the girls' soccer team.

"I don't understand, I thought I had done okay." I was a little upset, I'd positively enjoyed the tryouts.

"Mr. and Mrs. Lake, has Ivy ever played soccer for a team before?" my parents looked at me and I shook my head no. I'd kicked a ball in the park with friends but never took to the field in middle school.

"Sorry, what's this about? Is she in some kind of trouble?" my mom replied. Coach Micheals chuckled.

"Not by any means," now she addressed me, "Ivy, in tryouts today you weren't just okay, you were exceptional, I've got girls on the senior team who have been playing for years who don't have your instincts," She turned to my parents, "you see most of these girls, they stay in position or try and guess where the ball will be, Ivy she...she knows. I played some of the senior girls against our tryouts when I saw what was happening if a pass was coming from across the pitch or another of the girls missed the ball Ivy was there, It was like she would be in position but seamlessly she could travel out of position to handle any mistake. She was at the back defending, next moment she's upfront assisting shots, and that's if she's not taking them. Like she was disappearing and reappearing like, like a ghost."

Now she addressed all three of us.

"With my training, I can get Ivy a full scholarship at any school in the country." We were all stunned. A full ride, like Josh, our parents would only have to pay for one college education, it's not like they couldn't have paid for all three, they had done well for themselves (something in finance law, whenever I asked I always got bored before they finished).

"I'll do it!" no need to discuss it as a family, any school in the country just to play soccer which I already knew I was going to love.

"Fantastic!" said the coach, "I'll draw up a training schedule and we'll get right into business. Just promise me you'll remember me when you're playing for Team USA." and with that, she was gone. I left my parents in my dust running to find Josh and Holly to tell them the good news

***

"What are you yelling at me for?" I shouted back at Josh on video chat.

"Because they're your friends, you should do something about it!" he shouted back.

"I can't control them all the time!"

"You don't need to control them, just tell them to lay off your sister!"

"I'm not doing anything to her, besides she's the one who chose to hang out with those losers!"

"Alright, what makes them losers, hmm?"

"Well, they...they love board games and stupid movies."

"For fucks sake Ivy, you like those things too!"

"Well, you were the one who told us how judgemental high school would be!"

"I told you to be careful, not lie about who you are, and certainly not to abandon your sister, get your shit together."

"Whatever, enjoy California asshole!" I shut the laptop lid before he could respond. He's been at Stanford for a year, he never sees us at school. But I felt bad for calling him an asshole, every time I got mad at him my brain flashes images of him falling on stage or laying in that hospital bed. I shoot him a text saying sorry you're not an asshole, he replies telling me to talk to Holly.

I walk down the hall to Holly's room, the doors open a crack and I can see her lying on the bed still and silent, for some reason I examine her shape, similar to mine. We're both 5" 6, slender but healthy, our breasts look identical, perky 32B. I know because I've seen them, I've never been afraid to be naked around my sister. But now there are two significant differences. Our hair, hers wavy and brown to just below her shoulders; mine blonde and straight, usually up in a ponytail as I trained most days. The second, Holly's glasses, rectangular black frames that complimented her heart-shaped face perfectly. It's probably quite vain to say seeing as we're twins, but she is beautiful. I go to move back to my room when I hear her sniffle. I listen carefully and I can hear her crying. I knock and repeat what I said to her in the hospital all those months ago.

"Ba holsa, holsa ivysa," I walked over to her bed, "girl trouble?" I asked, hoping Josh wasn't right. Of course, he was right, the slick bastard was always right. She turned over and held out her hand. This was an invitation between us to hold hands. I knelt and took her hand and looked into her emerald eyes and suddenly I was flooded with realization. This was my sister, my best friend, I had to make it right.

superren
superren
19 Followers