Heroine Addiction Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We were all quiet as we sorted through my sentence to make sure it made sense.

Susan made that little pucker with her mouth again as she cut her eyes over towards Kari. Seeing Kari nod confirming my words, Susan cringed then actually flashed daggers at her friend. I filled in some blanks for Susan as I spoke to Kari, "I'd caught you and snake boy flirting and sending co-conspiratorial messages to each other at the previous block party. Then I caught you on the phone with him. Then I caught you discussing your time with him with your friends. You stonewalled me when I confronted you, not telling me there was nothing to worry about, rather telling me to trust you to let you continue whatever it was that was going on ... until you tired of it."

"No, that's not what I said." Kari wasn't fighting, she was earnest that I believe her.

"You said to trust you, because "it would be over soon.""

Kari hung her head. "Damn it, once again I see your interpretation, but that's not what I meant. I meant the ending of the operation." She paused then surrendered, "But damn, not knowing the operation existed what else could you think?"

Kari started to say something I cut her off. "Kari, answer this honestly, no beliefs, no spin doctoring, just hard facts. Did you see Lewis before the party while I was gone?"

"No, Barry, I didn't see him before the party. I swear. I'm being completely honest, no degrees or shading!" Kari seemed relieved to be able to say that. I was sure she was telling the truth.

"Kari, I asked you to not go to the party, and to not see him. You wouldn't make any such promise, not even to your husband, the man who loves you, who you knew was suffering because of your actions. Instead, you sent me away with the expectation that you were going to see the P-hound of the Baskervilles despite my feelings. While I was gone, I had no idea if you saw him every night, if you were staying at his place, or if the two of you were together in our bed! But I knew you'd be with him the night of the block party.

"That night I sat in my room holding my phone, wanting to call you a hundred times. Except I had a great fear. I was practically certain you were cheating that night, what if you refused to answer my call? I'd have to presume you were with him right that second and couldn't be bothered with your old baggage: me. After all, you never promised me you wouldn't go to the party, and it was well established between us that if you went, it was to see him."

Susan absolutely glared at Kari.

"Kari, what if I called and you talked to me and lied? What if I could tell you were with him right then?! Either way I'd know you didn't love me anymore; that you were contemptuous of me! I'd know I'd lost you for sure.

"S-So I sat on the edge of my bed for hours, holding that phone wanting to call, yet scared to death to call, crying my eyes out. I felt like it was best to believe I'd lost you for that night and maybe for a little longer, while perhaps I could possibly have you again in the future, rather than confirm you were already completely gone."

I had to stop for a while. I feared I was sniffling until I realized the sound was both women crying.

"So uh, the guys were keeping an eye on you, Kari. You went and met Lewis. You took him somewhere where the guys didn't see. I fear our house as the guys said you left early."

Kari cried harder.

"You took him some place where you danced and slow danced, groped, and caressed, kissed and made out. If you went to his house I don't know when you left or if you left. You weren't supposed to do any of that, so how do I know you didn't ball when you tell me you didn't? How do I know you didn't stay the whole night and ball the whole time?"

Kari was heaving sobbing now. She looked lost, hopeless. Then a fiery determination took her. I feared Kari was about to make her last stand. She struggled to answer me.

"Barry," Kari's voice was practically a hiss, she wasn't capable of giving full voice, "I left the party early and went home. B-But only to make it look good. Forgive me Barry, then I went to Lewis' house."