High Life: Alice Makes a Change Pt. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Fee laughed, and we wandered back into the lounge area together to join the boys.

"It's a sex toy, Alice, it's not a wall safe. All the locks are the same. I just sent the manufacturers a message and made up some bullshit about having lost a key."

She smiled coyly at me.

"Didn't you think of checking that?" she purred.

James waved me over, patting the seat next to him. I slumped down, curling up against his body.

"So," James said, looking towards Barton, "Welcome to the team."

I frowned at him, muttering, "Huh?"

James gave me a quick hug.

"We've been discussing next steps Alice. We're all on the same team," James replied.

"And next steps are?"

James nodded towards Barton.

"Next steps, Alice," Barton replied, "We're going to build up the evidence. James and yourself are going to keep doing what you're doing."

"Oh, hold on," I grumbled, "I don't...."

"Hear him out, Alice," James interjected, "It all makes sense."

Barton grinned at me, the continued, "Jodie's whip-smart and she's proven she's utterly ruthless, but she has a blind side."

"Which is?" I asked.

"She can't conceive of people trusting each other. This, us, right now, working together. It's beyond her ability to comprehend because in her head we should be at each other's throats, since you helped her blackmail Fee, and since James was forced to entertain the ladies while you watched."

Barton shrugged, directing his attention to James now.

"She can't conceive of people having the kind of bond that you do, or the bond that I share with my wife, the kind of bond that transcends all of that. I suspect she's never looked at a partner and felt completely sure of them, and she can't conceive of that happening to anyone else."

He raised his arm, allowing Fee to snuggle into the crook of his shoulder.

"So, from here, it's simple. You carry on, we carry on. She has no idea we're all in this together, comparing notes, finding keys to belts so you can take it off and put it on as you choose, working around her. She'll reveal her plans by arranging bookings for you. Home bookings I think we can dismiss, but public areas such as hotel rooms, I'd expect they're honey traps, and you have to look out for the cameras."

"We see who she's going after, and one by one, we bring them onto the team. There is a lot we don't know, yet, such as where the blackmail evidence is hiding, but it's only a matter of time. Sooner or later, we're going to connect with someone who has those pieces."

James laughed, and I felt it rumbling through his body.

"Yeah," he said, "Then these fuckers are history."

James turned to me then, and I found myself staring into those sea-grey eyes, the eyes I'd trusted all my adult life.

"What do you say, Alice? It means we continue like this. Can you do that?"

James was asking a much larger question. Could I hold together a life where I was a mother of two boys, going to school council meetings, having coffee with my friends, doing all the hundred ordinary things I'd always done? Could I dress up in lingerie and latex and pimp my husband out to strangers, watching him fuck women who'd paid us for the service, surrendering the man I loved so dearly to whomever was willing to buy him? Could I bear the envy and humiliation of having to share James like that? Could I smile at Jodie in our little catch-ups, behaving like the docile, beaten little woman as her ego vented at me?

Could I do all this and still love James?

"Yes," I breathed.

Yes, I could. I gave my husband a soft smile. I could love him more than ever.

---

[The end, for now. What are Jodie's plans? Who is she working with? Will Alice and James find their way back to freedom? Only Consenting Adults begins in August.

Follow me for updates to this and my other stories. If you like what you read, please leave a comment or a star rating. Constructive feedback is always welcome. If you want further adventures, or to check out my other stories, my story page is here]

12