All Comments on 'Holiday Return'

by satindesires

Sort by:
  • 330 Comments (Page 4)
AllNigherAllNigher3 months ago

Orion2bearè: yup.

The idea he's a good guy like her husband is silly. He went after her, Knowing she was married and eventually Knowing she had kids. Likely knowing she still loved him, but he wanted her so played up the problems she was having so she'd run to him. Got her divorced, didn't like that he had to deal with the baggage of a divorced woman with children because it cramped his style, then just disappeared without a word when she admitted she still cared for her ex husband. She's a shit wife, but Samuel is also a shit human being... Not a comparison to how the husband is written...

Normal, sure. Everyone is normal day to day. Actors and actress and presidents and princesses, all eat and piss and shit and sleep and sit around doing nothing sometimes. They're human. I've your with them enough you realize that... So normal person like her husband... Yeah. GOOD person like her husband... Nope

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Kirsty was living the life she wanted and got tied down with kids and a less than always exciting day to day . As always with a lover things would be better for awhile, no need to plan, go on vacations without a worry about dishes, obligations, insuring the kids or OK. Lots of selfish foolish women on that list. Another poor fool.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The best revenge in these. "A life well lived."

Kernow2023Kernow20233 months ago

girls trips - never can trust them

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I wouldn't have minded hearing about Samuel dying in a tragic yacht explosion...

NicealloverNiceallover3 months ago

Samuel was a very selfish and evil man who confused and pursued a married woman with young children. He broke up a family and eventually dumped her when he grew tired of carrying her baggage. Kirsty was just plain stupid. I felt sorry for her but she got what she deserved.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Needed revenge on samuel. The vile guy intentionally destroyed a family. He needs some misery

silverthorne16silverthorne162 months ago

Loved the story, but Samuel should have received some sort of revenge/retribution

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Really excellent story very well told. The line towards the end says it all " it was all on me I made the decisions and the choices". Actions have consequences. I may be wrong but I think Samuel loved Kirsty and so he lost out too. But deliberate revenge on people isn't normally something that should happen as it damages the person doing it too. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Nope, doesn't work. The "living life worthwhile" thing is great if you're just concerned about yourself. But you let the narcissistic so-called wife go on with very little accountability, and none to the scumbag predator. And without some damage in return, you're letting them go on to do it to the next person, and you're writing is enabling that behavior and encouraging the female dogs in your readership into thinking that they can run around loose with no accountability or consequences. Makes it just kind of lame in the end.

No retribution, no justice.

No justice, no peace.

RePhilRePhil2 months ago

The only people who do not believe in a life well lived is the best revenge have never experienced a life well lived

woodwardwoodward2 months ago

Very well done. 5!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

RePhil: me no agree! Who says, buddy, that the life well lived doesn't include a little serious ass beating, eh? ))

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Could have been a great story, but too simplistic of an ending, and it really got stupid when the husband supposedly couldn't figure out a microwave? When you put something that dumb in there it completely blows the flow of the story. And then she comes up with the line "I want to come back" - and there is nothing of a worthwhile response to the stupid, selfish, cheating, narcissist. The Narrative goes on, missing the Point completely right there. This is all about her selfishness, and he doesn't bother to point it out? Not likely.

knoxhardknoxhardabout 2 months ago

She didn't come home. Stayed with a millionaire on his yacht. They are done.

The end. Divorce. Story would have to be expanded with fluff just to get to 750 words. Seriously. This is so unacceptable, so over the top, so unfaithful, and so disrespectful that neither of them should ever have had any doubts that divorce is the only outcome.

redboat7redboat7about 2 months ago

Wow!! Great Story!! Love it!!

26thNC26thNCabout 2 months ago

Cheating wife left family for rich bastard, and then decides she wants him back. Happily, it’s too late, as her old best friend has moved in and taken her place. Bastard lover dumps the bitch and she’s all alone crying about her mistake. Ha. Ha. Ha.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 months ago

My second reading of this story. I had read it some 2 years ago. It is rather amazing how close it comes to real life with the cheating and the wife looking for greener pastures. Not the best metaphor but I am no writer so I'm not really into criticizing the stories I read here. I either like them or I don't. Be thankful for what have and work at making it better rather than abandoning it for something unknown. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Being an empathic person in my l;ife I feel bad forKristy but I do feel good for Mark. People make wrong decisions all the time and she made a really bad one. At least she only ruined her own life, not everyone who cared for her at one time.

StruckwrongStruckwrongabout 1 month ago

Samuel was a true louse as was the wife.

A life well lived is a satisfying end to the story.

desecrationdesecrationabout 1 month ago

Good analysis. If it breaks, it was never going to last. There is probably something better. Kirsty never understood Mark and she suffocated not his pursuit of his dreams (whatever, hippie jive) but his personality that others like Laura could appreciate. The man gets his soul back, the woman either gave hers up or never had one. The only sad notes are that Samuels sounds like the kind of guy who enjoys stealing a wife, not maintaining her, otherwise he would have had one, and that poor Mark has to raise kids who are half-moron.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

She's too weak to be a role model, a mother or a wife.

So she lost some emotional intimacy with her husband. So what. She cheated on him. And made it public. Running off with her affair partner was hedging her bets. Even back then. She should have been ALL IN for her man. She had to take her medicine like a champ. Not run away because the consequences of her actions made her feel a bit sad.

She'll beg. She'll talk. But she won't DO anything. She's just a lot of empty words. I think if she had an ounce of self respect and back one. She could have saved her shit show. Deleted APs number. Show him. Book a marriage therapist, an indivual one for her, give him a hall pass. It was within her power to fight. And she chose to run away.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

Could have been a great story, but no accountability on the scumbag predator.? What's wrong with you.? Letting him just ride off into the sunset is just pathetic...

ImshakenImshaken11 days ago

A very nice 5 star story. Thanks for sharing!

danbo56danbo5610 days ago

It's a good story, it's a bit like the movie Shirley Valentine the grass is always greener on the other side till you get there and realize in the end it's just the same on both sides, a fantasy in the end, it comes down to selfishness, greed, and boredom

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Nice. (Kismet versus karma?)

SeaChangerSeaChanger9 days ago

To forgive is to set a prisoner free only to discover the prisoner was thee.

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

Bravo, excellent story. Loved it as he did have the ultimate revenge in the end. Great emotional story, well paced with enough details throughout. Enjoyed reading it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersatindesires@satindesires
I like the loving wives category but it can be difficult to come up with something different and the comments can be ruthless. I try to explore alternate realities or situations with angst. The stories are fantasy and nowhere near realism, most are a bit tongue in cheek, pleas...