All Comments on 'Honey'

by Jackie.Hikaru

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
ElectricBlueElectricBlue3 months ago

That, Jackie Hikaru, was delightful.

onehitwandaonehitwanda3 months ago

There must be a word for the ache this causes deep in me. I'm not a dog lover in general, but I have been lucky enough to know some one-in-a-million old dogs, one of whom I helped carry down to the sea for his last swim before he went to the big park in the sky.

I'm not crying. You're crying. Five stars, and you're not allowed to ever do this to me again.

jhealy55jhealy553 months ago

Loved, loved, loved this! My heart hurts....in a good way.

Marbury1803Marbury18033 months ago

Broke my heart, but in a good way. I lost my good boy last summer, after 13 excellent years. Reading this, I could feel his comforting presence next me as I sobbed quietly. Thank you.

gunmakergunmaker3 months ago

That is spot on. As an old man, I've watched so many pets cross over the rainbow bridge. Now I'll no longer get pets. I cannot bear to have them think I would leave them.

Tail_GunnerTail_Gunner3 months ago

`An absolutely amazing story! ... Five star in every respect.

.... I love these 750 challenges. Forces us, we writers, to strive for our best! ... No waste of words, be concise.

... I love that you knew to use a colon, not a simi-colon or a comma, on line two. Good writing, good grammar ( except maybe in dialogue ) is important in any genre.

... I always look forward to your effort. ... Keep up the good work!

/

Levi

MeanderlwcMeanderlwc3 months ago

No, i am not crying. There is a lot of dust in here.

Tail_GunnerTail_Gunner3 months ago

Wonderful story! ... In every respect !

... I love these 750 word challenges. They force us, we writers, to be at our best: be concise, get right to the point. Not waste words.

... I love that you know to use a colon, not a simi-colon or a comma, at the end of line two. Good writing and good grammar ( except perhaps in dialogue ) are important, regardless of genre.

... I look forward to seeing all your new efforts; keep up the good work!

Levi

MigbirdMigbird3 months ago

Light hearted and so true about human pheromones/scent, our clumsiness around connecting and canine companionship. Recently lost our chocolate lab to old age; he cared so much for us and loved to take us for walks in our woods. By way, love Norah Jones. Still recall her winning 5 GRAMMY Awards in 2002.

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller3 months ago

I’m not a dog person (allergies 🤧), but this was lovely 5⭐️. Emily

metroalmametroalma3 months ago

Jackie OH Jackie you never fell to find just the right bite, the right way to frame the human condition. Another story worthy of your name

DukaaDukaa3 months ago

Such a lovely piece of art. Coming home after a long day reading this made me both smile and shed a tear. It's those small moments that make life worth living.

FandeborisFandeboris3 months ago

I paraphrase. No greater love than this who gives her love for her owner.

It was definitely a tissue moment.

Thanks

Take care

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter3 months ago

In our 52 years of marriage we hav only been without a dog for three years. All of them were uniquely a part of our family and gave us their love and devotion, as we did for them. This was a fine ode to that special relationship. Thank you.*****

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane543 months ago

Wow! That was an amazing story. Great job 👍

Seeker81Seeker813 months ago

Outstanding, simply outstanding

proseinagardenproseinagarden3 months ago

I love doggy narrator stories. This one was so cute. Reminds me of art of racing in the rain. Adorable! Good going Honey girl!

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

We lost our 18 year-old rescue dog recently and I am in tears thinking about what she was thinking in her last days. Beautiful.

DessertmanDessertman3 months ago

A lovely short story. I also stopped having pets, in my case cats, once I decided they might outlive me.

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnon3 months ago

I'm not a dog person, but this was a wonderful inventive short story about selfless love. It brought a tear to my eye, because it resonated with something in my own life.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

To the author; you lowlife mother fucker. No self respecting man should be reduced to tears by something like this first thing in the morning. I hope you're happy. Cheese Louis, this about ripped my guts out. Short story. Incredibly well done, you asshole.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy3 months ago

jackie …..its all about love , unconditional love, for every being ….. its a rare gift and yeah those without greed, beings mostly walking on four legs spreading this love unconditional ….. we humans have to learn , to open our hearts and souls , no we are not hopeless but we are blinded easily

And everyone ever has experienced this unconditional feline love is now having a teary eye

Thank you sweet girl JOH 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨🌸☘️

shayneoneshayneone3 months ago

well done look forward to reading more be well shayne

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfun3 months ago

Lovely. A perfect reflection of selfless love. But now I need a tissue!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Buggar you made me leak out of my eyes and now I have this damn cold,bloody sniffles!

Djmac1031Djmac10313 months ago

Dammit. Allergies must be acting up. 😢 😢 😭

That was beautiful.

slowhand21slowhand213 months ago

Who’s cutting onions?!?

Bluesea00Bluesea003 months ago

short lived but nice and sweet

Lady__LLady__L3 months ago

God, that was brutal and beautiful. Lucky the human who has the love of a wonderful dog. Rest in peace, Honey!

L.

Pjam1968Pjam19683 months ago

Just brilliant

FifthEstateFifthEstate3 months ago

Sublime! I’ve been curious to read some of your work, but hadn’t until now. 750 words seemed like an easy intro…I’ll definitely be going back for more. Fantastically creative idea and executed to perfection. Five big ⭐️ for a short story! Love dogs!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Halfway through before realizing that it was a dog story, I realized that this was good, and getting better. Loved it!

RomanceLivesRomanceLives3 months ago

Stupid blurry screen.

* * * * *

chytownchytown3 months ago

*****That was just a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing.

lilshymynxlilshymynx3 months ago

This is just so adorably sweet. I don't know what else to say about it, and maybe that's all that needs to be said. Thank you so much for sharing it!

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPenny3 months ago

Lovely in its simplicity, its warmth and its love. I regret I am limited to five stars.

dontyouwishyouknewdontyouwishyouknew3 months ago

You packed a lot into these 750 words, along with a very interesting twist (dog's point of view). I salute your talent!

TrionyxTrionyx2 months ago

We have a winnah!

Oh, wait. This wasn’t a contest but of all the 750s I have read to date, this was the best. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJackie.Hikaru@Jackie.Hikaru
04/23/2024 News: Milk Physics, another foray into Roz's kinky adventures is out now! As you might've guessed, there's a lot of milk and physics in this story :P. Please let me know what you think of these stories. I'm pretty scatterbrained and my interests are very fickle, a...