Hope, Charity & Faith Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I didn't know what to make of things as I rode home listening to "Love's taking over" by Chante Moore. The silky music emanating from the driver's radio cushioned me as I pushed the reservations in my mind backward into the shadows. Unfortunately, I found my angry mother sitting up waiting for me with a belt across her lap.

"Hi mom." I was still addled and sappy from my tryst with Charity. She took one good look at my face before draping the belt over her shoulder.

"You're grounded this weekend."

"Sure, okay mom." I responded breezily as her door slammed shut.

**********************

The following morning I somehow managed to make it on time to school using public transportation still buoyed by the memories of my encounter with Charity. Nothing really changed in twenty-four hours. Most of my peers still seemed self-absorbed and tragically clueless to a fault if they weren't outright assholes altogether. I didn't even notice my bullies managing to ignore Charmaine's antagonism and more flung objects while catching up on my studies.

I was bolstered by the thought of seeing Charity at the end of my day. Our interaction left me touched wanting more of her sage wisdom if not, her outright body on the spot. She got me really thinking about my goals through her own self-assuredness. Normally we'd never have met except at our senior graduation, but only then would I be some clueless spectator watching as she received her diploma.

Charmaine managed to get my attention briefly as our shared last class ended. She threw her hip into my arm while I was writing some notes from the blackboard as she passed with her entourage joining Kimberly at the class doorway. I glanced over angrily noticing that my ex-girlfriend looked kind of withdrawn and off kilter. The cheerleaders huddled at the door for a few seconds before filing out talking amongst themselves in hushed tones.

I gathered up my books not giving it a second thought as I took the stairs two at a time checking my phone. Ricky left a message asking me to come over, but I texted back that I was grounded. He didn't respond back.

My heart fluttered as I reached the first floor with the cafeteria in plain sight. Now that I knew where to find my angel, I doubted that I would be able to keep away for any given amount of time. I got anxious enough to slow down trying to figure out what I'd say to Charity the moment our eyes met. She was so collected, personable and driven to success that I felt like a pauper in her presence.

I thought about my five year goal focusing on that as a point of conversation hoping it might lead to more mind blowing sex. I peered into the classroom finding her patiently teaching the drama club, periodical in hand. Nerdy girl who'd stopped me from taking a makeup quiz was also present, nudging Charity in the shoulder.

"Jaleel, what're you doing here?" Charity casually closed the distance meeting me a foot or two inside the partially vacant cafeteria door.

"Just passing by; wanted to see how you were doing." She smiled rubbing my bicep.

"Now is not a good time; in fact, I have responsibilities."

"It's cool, I'm sorry Charity; maybe we could talk later, but I remembered I didn't have your number."

"I don't think that would be a good idea, Jaleel."

"Huh?" She was still smiling, serenely handing me her periodical.

"It's beyond my control."

"What?"

"It's beyond my control, Jaleel." Charity reiterated backing away still facing me. I glanced down at the copy of "Les Liaisons dangereuses" left with me.

I glanced back up finding that she'd resumed teaching her class without a backward glance. Nerdy glasses girl was still staring though as I backed into the adjacent corridor. I walked down the corridor towards the school entrance pondering all that occurred. I didn't want to leave things ambiguous resolving to return and wait for Charity's class to conclude to find out where we really stood. I cracked the double doors peering inside at the reading group.

"What the-?!!"

Charity was talking to motherfucking Jay Stello. The statuesque athlete was standing there holding both of her hands clearly smitten. I watched long enough to see Charity take a seat in his lap giving him a deep, soulful kiss.

"It's beyond my control."

I remembered the words recognizing them as the same used by John Malkovich in that movie Dangerous Liaisons. Those very words destroyed a discarded conquest played by Michelle Pfeiffer.

I tossed the book in the trash.

...to be continued.

*********************