How Analea Became an Orc Queen Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"A wolf Mistress, stay behind me!"

I raised my head, sniffing the air about us, and caught the scent.

"Lower your blades Melee, it is Tiamat. One of Zyre's pack, there is no danger here. Perhaps he sent her to look for us, or protect us. Let us keep walking."

Tiamat followed us the rest of the way, staying off the trail at our side, never changing her pace. It was not long before we could see the fires of the camp and hear the bustle of feasting and drinking, and other things. We made our way along the back of the camp, avoiding the sight of those in it, slipping quietly into our tent. When we reached Zyre's tent, Tiamat left us and jumped into her pen, I looked back at her and gave a low bow of my head in thanks. She snarled and went her way.

We were not long in our abode, when Gilead stuck his head in.

"Ah, ladies, you return. I trust the river refreshed you? There is feasting to be done, and drinking. Much, much drinking. Come and join us!"

"Go Melee, I am tired and would be alone with my thoughts. Enjoy the feast. Perhaps in a bit you could bring me a platter with meat and cheese, perhaps a wineskin."

"No need, Mistress Analea. My master had instructed earlier. Look about to the side table, there you will find all you need."

"Your master never seizes to amaze Gilead. I thank you both for your kindness and thoughtfulness."

"You are certain you won't join us Mistress? And you have no need of me? I may not return 'til dawn."

"Go Melee. Enjoy your feast tonight. I have received all I need of your services, and council this evening."

"Ha! Very well, Mistress. Until the sun rises then."

With that they were gone to join the rest of the band, and all the new arrivals. I sat upon my bed looking around, lost in thought when I heard a sound outside the tent.

"Mistress Analea?"

It was him, Zyre, outside enquiring of my presence.

"Enter, lord Zyre, for this abode, as everything here, is yours. You need no permission to enter here, or anywhere I am." I wanted him to know.. I don't know what exactly. I just wanted him to know.

He entered the tent, his large frame filling the entrance, indeed the whole space. I watched him from where I was seated on the bed. He looked about before his gaze fell upon me. Saying nothing, we simply looked at each other. I know not what he was thinking, as he raised his head and parted his lips, sniffing the air, but for my part I watched him, drinking his presence in thru my eyes.

"I want to thank you for sending Tiamat to guide us back from the river. An escort that leaves no doubt as to one's safety."

"Hmmff.. I cannot take credit for it. It seems my female has a mind of her own, and you have a new protector. Impressive how she took to you. Wolves do not usually do so without a strong hand to train and discipline."

"I did feel connected to her immediately upon meeting her, when we sniffed each other's scent. I will find a way to give her my thanks. But to what do I owe this visit Zyre? Not to question your presence, it is pleasing to have you."

"And it is pleasing to be in your presence, but there are many new orcs in the camp, Analea, tho not enough. Be careful to whom you speak, I suspect some challenge, and maybe treachery. There will be a council and feast tomorrow. It would please me if you joined me."

"I will, my Lord, if it is your desire I do so."

"I am not your Lord, Analea. I do not command you, and never shall. You are my equal, and no other way will it be. All my band have been told, they obey you as they would me."

This I did not expect. I was shocked and knew not how to respond to this. My silence must have been deafening as I sat there just staring.

"Keep in mind, that is my band. Not the others. There may be a dispute, over my authority, and over you. I will not tolerate any of it. I hope for a peaceful council, but orc councils can be violent, or amusing. We shall see."

"I understand Zyre. I will be at your side tomorrow for the feast, and council if it is your desire."

"So be it, then. Take your rest if you will, or join us at the feast tonight."

"I shall take my rest, Zyre. Thank you."

He nodded towards me and went to leave, but after stepping half way out, he turned and came back inside.

"It seems you are well protected, even from me, ha!"

"I need no protection from you. What is it you mean?"

"Your new guardian is outside your tent. Tiamat is lying here, glaring at her true master. It seems she doesn't think Melee, or myself, is enough."

He found this amusing, as he laughed heartily about it.

"You are better protected now than in the highest tower in the Elf king's castle "

"I certainly will sleep soundly then. Thank you Zyre... oh, I would speak to you more, about other things on the morrow, if you have time."

"About? I have time now Analea."

"Melee..."

"Ah. You needn't concern yourself. I can smell her scent, as I did at the palace not long ago. There is a bond, and loyalty rarely found between you two. There is no resentment here, nor will there be. I understand the nature of it. I will leave you to your peace Mistress Analea."

With that he left, and as he did so, I heard an orcish bark and low growl in response. No doubt giving a command to Tiamat. After a few moments I stepped out, I don't know why. I wanted to see him again, perhaps, and I did. I watched him walk away, speaking here and there to his band. I touched Tiamat's head, scratching behind her ears, as she looked up at me, then put her head down on her front paws. I went inside and grabbed a handful of meat and gave it to her as Zyre lost himself to my sight among the crowd of orcs and tents.

I went to the bed of furs and pelts and covered myself to think, and fell into a restless sleep with a disconcerting dream.

12