All Comments on 'How Can I Trust You Now?'

by LJA644

Sort by:
  • 133 Comments
francemanfranceman8 months ago

Nice attempt at a story about the real subject of betrayal or infidelity: trust.

The person betrayed carries with him/her doubt, mistrust, uncertainty, anger.....

However, I have my doubts about the effectiveness of your solution.

It may relieve the husband's anxieties and assumptions, but I don't think it can really rekindle trust.

In the end, giving your trust is a pure act of faith. A bit like jumping into the void and hoping you won't crash to the ground.

Thanks for sharing.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith8 months ago

Good one. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

HighpikeHighpike8 months ago

An enjoyable read and I promise I read every word. I would have thought the chastity belt would have come supplied with the appropriate lock in the first place. That said, having him bring locks home gives him the assurance he has the only set of keys.

devtekdevtek8 months ago

...and then, after a few weeks, he found another key to the chastity belt, hidden in a secret pocket of his wife's purse.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy8 months ago

Interesting take on a not uncommon problem! Trust is paramount to a good marriage. You should write for yourself. For writers that I follow, I usually score the story a 4 or 5 and leave a comment. For stories I don't like, I don't generally leave a comment or a score.

5

SyzyguySyzyguy8 months ago

Neat, thank you. I hope that the trust is restored.

hardworker5556hardworker55568 months ago

Don’t listen to the nitpicking wankers who have nothing better to do than find minor points to criticize. It's fiction for God's sake, not meant to be the Magna Carta. Please keep writing!

KarnevilKarnevil8 months ago

A novel and, as it turned out, fun way to solve the problem. No real BTB, nor any cuckolding, so those factions will probably be upset, but a nice compromise for a reluctant reconciliation. If I have one complaint it's the clichéd utterly stupid wife, do women like this really exist? But then again how would the loving wives category exist without them?

As a footnote i totally agree with you about anonymous comments, but then again I suppose we're all anonymous behind our chosen pen names. But by posting a story you invite critism as well as praise. Personal insults are never acceptable and are, in my opinion, made by the less intelligent of us. But everybody has the right to dislike a subject, plot, charecter or action, and as authors we must accept that critism. And yes, I include myself, I may comment as Karnevil but I also write under more than one other moniker.

That said, I thought this was a very enjoyable story, thanks.

demanderdemander8 months ago

On okay story. I don't get how the wife could be so foolish. Brain dead? Not for the rest of the story. So she really wanted to get fucked. My conclusion is that she had an extra key made. D

MattblackUKMattblackUK8 months ago

And to anyone who says "Nobody could be that stupid!" All I'll say is divorce lawyers never go hungry. 5* story.

ReedRichardsReedRichards8 months ago

Nope, divorce.

.

It was stated several times, "You've told me you wanted to have sex with another man." Well, if a woman is interested in sex -- and if your wife isn't interested in sex, it's because you haven't made sex interesting for your wife -- she's going to want to have sex with some other men, even if she never does it. That's what sexual attraction is! And Jeffrey is upset that she wanted to have sex with someone else; that's what truly pissed him off.

.

I was amused when she asked if he wanted her to "sow" her pussy lips together; was that to prevent some other man from sowing her? :)

.

Even with the chastity belt, something which keeps a strange dick out of her pussy, but not out of her mouth or ass, Jeff is always going to wonder: had she already fucked Reggie, was the BBQ party really the first time she was going to try it? After all, how would she have known that it would be a couple of hours, that he wasn't a Boston Patriot, a Minuteman, if she hadn't previously fought the Battle of Lexington and Concord? If she has previously fucked Reggie, she has every incentive to keep that a secret, and he'll know that he'll never know. This will eat at him and eat at him until he can't stand it, and divorce will happen anyway.

.

Jeff doesn't trust her, and that will eat at him and eat at him, and divorce will happen eventually. But then he'll have the same problem with his next wife or girlfriend, because he'll eventually realize that if she is interested in sex with him, she'll at least be interested in sex with another man, even if he never finds out about it.

.

Let's tell the truth here: men notice pretty women when pretty women are around, when pretty women are on television, because that's just what we do. It's natural, it's hard-wired into our brains. Sometime when Jess notices some foxy babe, he's going to realize that hey, Sharon has certainly seen some hunky guy, and was as attracted to him as Jeff was the TV weather girl or the 19-year-old working at Starbucks, and he'll never really get over it.

.

Divorce, divorce now.

ReedRichardsReedRichards8 months ago

Karnevil wrote, "If I have one complaint it's the clichéd utterly stupid wife, do women like this really exist? But then again how would the loving wives category exist without them?"

.

It wouldn't exist without utterly stupid wives, because so many of the writers, and readers, want to believe that women are stupid, and must be stupid to ever want to screw another man. But if a wife has to be dunderheadedly stupid to fuck someone other than her husband, then wasn't she dunderheadedly stupid when she first fucked her husband?

francemanfranceman8 months ago

Yeah the vast debate of stupid women on LW.

Is the woman stupid which causes an improbable situation or is the situation so improbable that it makes the woman stupid?

We shouldn't close our eyes, but temptation exists for all men and women, and then there are two kinds of people, those who control themselves, and those who give in.

For me, the stupidity of the characters lies above all in the absence of risks, consequences or other silly justifications that we find in many stories :

- but I didn't mean to hurt your feelings! Oh well, wow that's great!

-But it was just sex! Ah well, for whom?

- but we can overcome this! Who's the we you're talking about?

-but that doesn't take anything away from you! Maybe except trust, honesty, security....

Or when there's a request for separation or divorce, all of a sudden they always seem surprised.

But why? What's going on?

ReddladyReddlady8 months ago

Nicely written.

Lifestyle66Lifestyle668 months ago

It's a good story. And I did read it thoroughly, without skip reading. But it started out rather abruptly with no character building.

Within those first few paragraphs of the BBQ and her saying she was heading out for an hour or two, I thought they were swingers and that's just how it was between them. So, the husband's explosive reaction and subsequent refusal to ever trust her makes that whole BBQ scene seem like a quick, sparse setup for the final solution.

I did appreciate your nod to the husband needing to contend with humiliation of a cheating wife. But based on his actions, she didn't follow through, so I didn't see where that would be humiliating for him at work afterwards. And the nod in the epilogue to her facing down the feminist reaction with her own choice in the solution was also appreciated.

So, I think it would be a better story if you added more to their characters up front to show that she was a faithful wife, and he was a monogamous, uncompromising, quick-to-act husband. It would be more obvious that the story is about a unique way to rebuild that trust.

I'll still give it a 5, since you did find a way out of the typical scorched Earth, BTB ending.

Turning502019Turning5020198 months ago

Chastity is not trust. The fact that she thought of it likely means she has a way around it. Trust for me is irreplaceable.

goodshoes2goodshoes28 months ago

4 stars. Strange. Funny. Sad. Real? Yes, as far as her and her boss. No, as far as the chastity belt.

Does make a person think. Was married to a wit like her once. Now married to an intelligent lady.

But whatever works for them.

So, to you, the author, just keep on "trucking" along. Good job.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc8 months ago

I only skip read when the story loses its way and I try to find a path to redemption. I’m a nit picker, it’s what I do. LOL! Would have liked to know how many kids they had, ages, years married, things like that. It would have put more context to their actions. The general plot lines were well constructed and you had a nice balance of narrative and dialogue. 4.1*

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit8 months ago

I liked your chosen ending, it definitely fits with Jeff’s prior actions.

Regguy69Regguy698 months ago

The physical act of fucking another guy is an open expression of her inner desire to which she believes she is entitled. Having fantasies about another person is no big deal if it is just a random thought and not an obsession. The damage occurs when she begins to plan, plot, and prepare for sex with another guy. Once she has decided to try sex with another guy, she has cheated emotionally and damaged the relationship with her spouse. A chastity belt is a surrender of her responsibility and makes the spouse a warden and no longer a respected partner in a loving relationship.

Enjoyed the tale as written, even though I don't agree with the outcome. There are fundamental problems in their relationship that aren't being addressed.

LJA, don't invest too much energy in the ramblings of Annomis commenters, they are trying to provoke a response, just ignore them. You have a growing number of followers, which means your stories are of interest. Thanks for sharing.

FD45FD458 months ago

Sew is to use inserted thread to fasten two items together

/

Sow is to strew one’s seed across a fertile field.

/

So irony. Homonyms are never a writers friend.

/

Also, not enough commas.

/

These are minor things.

/

Nice story, a bit of slap and tickle at the end. But it needed that. Contrition spoils as quickly as summer milk; look how quickly she turned from ‘beggar mode’ to ‘pissed off victim’ with one unwelcome sentence.

/

This was me taking a chance with a story and I wasn’t disappointed.

/

No, my stories aren’t perfect either. Then/than.

FD45FD458 months ago

One thing I absolutely loved in its inclusion: the lack of repetitive restatement of facts and points of view.

/

One recent authoress comes to mind which makes her stories 12 pages and prone to skip reading. You didn’t do that. Both sets of parents were told clearly and concisely without wasting our time.

/

Which is not to say that one can never repeat a point. One needs to do so judiciously, and I found it properly done here.

LWLover60LWLover608 months ago

Ah, yes, but the police could have just gotten the fingerprints off the vibrating dildo... I read very carefully and there was no mention of gloves this time.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I liked it. Would I have done the same as Jeff, not sure on that one. Overall it was an enjoyable read. 5 stars from me.

Do women like this exist? Sadly they do. As MattBlack pointed out, you'll never see a poor divorce lawyer.

I can see that the nit-pickers will find something, they always do.

It's also noticeable that there are no anonymous comments attacking you, let's hope it stays that way.

One of the reasons I turned off commenting on my stories is the abuse from anonymous keyboard warriors, personally I would like to see the option to comment anonymously removed.

Sorry Karneveil, but commenting using one moniker and writing under another is just as bad, use the same for both and we can all see what your work is like.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove8 months ago

I am a skip reader… but I only say this as I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, um, I mean the shadow of the valley of erasure as I am found wanting, consigned to the purgatory of the terrace of those with short attention spans forced to do penance for our shortcomings to the reading of LJA644’s story… best to tread lightly and carefully, in the hope of eventual salvation.

Virgil, where are you!

PS. Thank you for the read

BeBopper99BeBopper998 months ago

5***** A solid tale and a fun read. I prefer and write strong husband characters who will do what it takes to preserve what is his, including physical contact. Write On!

Adding on to your view on trolls' comments, I also see not just skipping, but also a lack of reading comprehension. Some of the trolls literally have trouble reading and understanding the material. Then, there those who are emotionally and mentally unstable.

A sad commentary on our present times!

KarnevilKarnevil8 months ago

AnAvarageGuy61. I disagree, by using a different moniker I can comment and still be accessible to anybody who feels the need to contact me. It also means my work is judged on its own merits and not by my views on other authors stories.

gatorhermitgatorhermit8 months ago
Non-Skip Read on This One

Story is not too long and paced about right, so no need to skip. Reconciliation made sense in this story, as the poor dumb wife was obviously hit with the dreaded Martian Slut Ray.

On a side note, I REALLY like turning off the anon comments. More authors should do that.

UnassignedUnassigned8 months ago

The issue with their solution is that Hubby is trusting the chastity belt (or in other stories, the GPS, or phone tracker, or PI, or keystroke logger, etc. or whatever fence they erect), not the wife. How can this restore trust?

.

Reagan got it completely wrong. "Trust, but verify" isn't trust at all.

GamblnluckGamblnluck8 months ago

I got a kick out of your 'rant' at the beginning. i fell the same way. Almost to the point of putting my writing efforts on hold indefinitely. It's not that I am that thin-skinned. It's that I get tired of the crap heaped on who don't have the cojones to subject themselves to the ridicule.

I've even had a few who said they write but comment anonymously because then they can be honest. And have their own stories rated honestly. That is total crap. The comments I give MOST credence to are those authors who write good stories.

This was a good solid story.Yeah, did the wife already do the deed? The husband would never know. I doubt she'd run off and cheat giving oral and anal sex to her lovers even though she could. Her own pleasure would be minimized. A chastity belt will not help the trust issue but it could add kinky fun as you put in the story. And you had to do something to keep the marriage intact.

And as far as sow vs sew. I think many readers forget that editing software does not pick up on words correctly spelled even if misused in the sentence. How many times have you seen fare instead of fair? Bare instead of bear?

I once spelled the title wrong when submitting and did not notice until the story was published. And by then it was too late. (I was too concerned with the process of submitting.) An by then it was too late. I think I'd have had to pull the entire story, and then re-submit, eliminating the rating and comments. Not worth it. i just accept the flames for being careless.

LickideesplitLickideesplit8 months ago

I have a question regarding the ‘comments’ standards LJA# has presented, but will first suggest an issue that LW authors should consider. If, in a developing story, Sweetie is scheduled to egregiously violate a position which Hubby considers an obvious marital deal-breaker, she should first be introduced positively. Let We-The Readers know why Hubby married her and is, to date, very happy with his marriage. And at least one positive example should be fairly concrete, rather than a blanket statement like ‘good mother.’ (And not just ‘Great tits)

In this tale, Sweetie is easy for WTR to jump to the ‘kick to the curb’ option for Hubby. She does not control her alcohol intake nor her hostess expectations … then she knees Hubby in the cojones with a smile. Yes, it adds a paragraph to the obra, but it does not have to be a dissertation.

Now, to the LJA# assertion that authorship is magic. Only authors (or readers who really like the story) are competent to have an opinion. Sorry, but LitErotica did not design this erotic idea-forum that way. Further, almost all publishers of fiction (and non-fiction) pay editors … many of whom are NOT published themselves … nor is their pay as editors based on their publication record.

LIT does provide certain privileges to the author regarding comments which, IMHO, are generous. Those include commenting their own work to a) explain to commenters’ errors or confusion; b) delete offensive or incomprehensible comments; et-cetera. And identifies those as the author’s comments.

GamblnluckGamblnluck8 months ago

@Lickideesplit and others who feel that author was saying that only published authors have opinions of value: Not the case at all, IF their comments have value. So many are "you are a useless piece of shit author and this story proves it. you have no idea how to write a story or understand humans especially their relationships. Motivations do not matter, only actions." ETC.

But published writers DO understand how difficult it is to compose a piece, cover the bases in their plots and develop their characters in as much as is pertinent to the story.And at the same time making the story interesting.

Lick: Your opinion for a story is that it portray the wife in a good light in order to show how bad her behavior was. Why she did it etc. In many stories that is dropped deliberately. Particularly if told in the first person. The author is telling it from his own viewpoint so his reaction is the paramount one for good or bad.

One other thing I find offsetting is the growing trend for authors to not allow voting nor comments. I personally do not read stories that do not. I feel the author is telling me from the very start, "I don't give a rat's ass about you. I write for me and my ego alone." So my opinion is fuck 'em. I tend not to read. Sometimes I will send a private message. Only occasionally does that author return the comment.

JH4FunJH4Fun8 months ago
Just Didn’t Like It Much ⭐⭐

I normally enjoy reading your tales. This one was a little different for me. I gave it a rating of Just Didn’t Like It Much ⭐⭐. Having said that I did truly enjoy your rant at the start. In that rant I learned a couple of things. I am one of those slags who have never authored anything and produce comments. Some negative some positive. But I do not have any writing credit other than I give opinions and they are all just that my opinions.

Of the things I learned from your tale lead-in were the following. The 1st thing was skip-reading is a thing. I didn’t know it before. The second thing was by skip reading you miss some of the guts of a tale that make it what it is intended by the author/writer. I am a skip-reader based on your definition. I am OK with that knowledge of myself. I am also ok with the fact that I might miss somethings in a tale. One thing I have to admit however, is that your tale “The Holiday Park Incident,” was a great tale and is one of my favorite tales you have produced. I gave it an Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating.

I enjoy consuming the tales you produce. I hope that you will continue to produces many more in the future. As always, your tales are your products and have always been intriguing in their consumption.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

ctdansctdans8 months ago

the "wife has a date" and the "just this once if you love me" stories are usually my favorites as in most cases there is some rhyme or reason as to why the wife thinks it is a good thing and some dialog regarding that explanation is given and then the husbands thoughts and emotion get played out a bit and you have that drama and then the conclusion. I felt a lot of that was missing here. Also, the end use of the sex ties and chastity belt really didn't cut it. All along he was feeling lack of trust was the big issue more so than any potential sex with another. If she did it once or if she just planned it he was really hung up on the future - could she and would she do it again or behind his back.

How does a Chasity belt fix that? Short term while he has her locked up and constantly checked on it works but long term? Does he want be the jailer 24 x 7? I am guessing these folks are mid 30's. They have kids and the parents around so 30's to 40's. How long will the wife feel OK in wearing a Chasity belt every single minute that she is not at home with the husband? Can you see her doing this for the next 20 or 40 years? Some would say she only does it until trust is built and returns. How does she do that? All she proved is that a Chasity belt prevents vaginal sex. SO he trusts the Chasity belt but does he trust his wife?

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker8 months ago

I do read just about everything and have noticed the same things, several times, on my stories. 5 stars from the Bear, by the way. It makes you wonder if they are 1) reading the whole thing, or 2) reading the same story they are commenting on. I liked your story, even though I thought two-thirds of the way through that it was sounding kind of dumb. But this girl thinks (sometimes) and she figured out a way to fix things. I like that. Good ending. Keep writing, I'll keep reading.

The BEAR

KRD19254KRD192548 months ago

Missing items taking it to 4*, is post-nup and shrink time? Post-nup giving him the kids, house, no alimony if she fails.

\

Where is her getting a shrink help her discover/fix her corrosive desires? OR shrink to find 'their' issues? Trust but verify AND install safe-guards - chastity is only one step!

\

4**** Hooyah but no Salutes due to missing elements for success.

MasterKoteMasterKote8 months ago

She still has her hands and mouth but I guess it's the thought that counts

Bham487Bham4878 months ago

A little over the top but decent. I do resent the opening. I leave comments on the story but don’t write myself. Just because I have no talent for writing doesn’t mean I can’t comment on what I like or dislike.

someoneothersomeoneother8 months ago

First, the women's chastity belt is a myth. Although one could wear such a device for a short period of time, the object has to severely chaff the groin area, causing lesions and infections. Moreover, how could a woman go the ladies room? So, whole point of the story is a silly urban legend.

Second, is it reasonable to believe that there are really women who would tell a husband out of the blue that she is about to fuck another man?

Third, leaving the unrealistic nature of the story to one side, I still find that the husband's behavior to be boorish.

Wife was not cheating, and, thus, what is the basis for husband's belief that she could not be trusted to the point of requiring a divorce? I think wife should divorce husband because he was obviously a pathologically egocentric narcissist with a small dick who knew he could not satisfy his wife.

FireFox59FireFox598 months ago

If this is what you have to do to stay married you don't have much of a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Belt puts this squarely in fetish and I don't think if you have to have your wife wear a chastity belt your marriage is going to last long. The stress alone worrying about her will put you in an early grave. Plus which, any locksmith could make her twenty keys. Very simple. How's that for a comment? I didn't skip read.

deependerdeepender8 months ago

Good idea, good writing. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

When he came home on Monday and she knelt at his feet after dinner, instead of drinking the after dinner beer he should have poured it on her head. After casually attempts walk out of their party to go be someone else’s slut, offering to be his willing slut/sex slave is not going to rebuild trust. It doesn’t show she that respects him, herself, or their marriage. It only reinforces her being a slut, and sluts can’t be trusted.

A chastity belt doesn’t keep her from sucking another man’s dick.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut8 months ago

I have enjoyed the stories of yours, I can remember reading.

I missed the bit on signing up to Literotica where it said it was a writer's co-operative. I'll never be able to write stories. Should I not read your stories or just not comment?

I've not been here for too long and most of my negative comments have been because I did read the story and the writer writes X which is then contradicted by writing Y. I've cut down on this because I worried about being a pedant. As for something not being realistic, I tend to try to ignore this unless I really like the author's work. I made a bad mistake reading a multipart work by Other 2 Other 1 where part way through I made a harsh comment only on reading the next part realising he had written a character out of character to get the required plot twist. Hence, I no longer comment or score part way through a story except in extremis.

Have you ever considered that the comments are a source of enjoyment for some readers? e.g. For some, the transgressor is never burnt enough. Horrible painful death that lasts for months, they then sit at the right-hand side of Satan and still it's not enough pain. Also, the commentators who patently haven't read what you wrote are good for a giggle.

My pedantic comment for the day: Most small locks can be unfastened with little more than a nasty glare, they are not secure.

Good stories, please keep on writing, but for the sake of your blood pressure take the comments with a pinch of salt.

Salt helping blood pressure, a bit of a mixed metaphor there. See, I told you I could never be a writer!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I like your story. nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Try not to tell off your readers before you even begin the story.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle8 months ago

Why would any person, husband OR wife, go up to their SO and tell them they were going to step out for a quickie….without even having this very important conversation beforehand?!?

Would you? Serious question. Would you go to your wife and tell her you were going over to the neighbours to shag another woman without having discussed opening up your marriage?

And considering the whole story is premised on her action, the story itself is in shambles.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Like you sort of said, it is your story so you end it as you want. I still don't see how this gains trust. I mean as ling as he is the "warden" and has the key he can feel a bit less worried. However, the fact still remains she wanted to cheat or have sex with another man. A man that still lives around the block. She may not have intercourse but she can still offer a blow job or two and try and figure out the rest for another time.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu8 months ago

Good one.

How a wife could ask to have sex with another man nonchalky to her husband is truly mind-blowing.

In the middle of an on-going party with people, man, that is pure disrespect on the man of the house.

Good story LJA644.

Though your statement about doing a little experiment dampened my reading a bit as I was very carefully trying to read all the words till the end. Yes, I'm one of those who skip-read and then comments but I never nitpicked on spelling even grammar as I assume all writers here in LIT are amateur. I am just a reader who tries to understand with the writer is trying to tell and that is it.

silentsoundsilentsound8 months ago

I don't really know what to make of this one but it was a good read anyway.

PowersworderPowersworder8 months ago

It's amusing to see the usual whining about "stupid wives" being so improbable.

-

Have you guys actually met any women?

Women are 100% led by their feelings, and it's alarmingly easy for them to get themselves into totally ridiculous self-destructive situations when they're led around by the nose by their emotions.

-

Why do you think women love a bad boy? Because they like getting treated like shit? It's because they love the rollercoaster of emotions that a guy like that gives them, and women are junkies for drama.

Flattery, attention, and validation are like heroin to women.

MarkTwineMarkTwine8 months ago

Those cheap little brass padlocks can be opened by any key or lock pick. In this case it was the husband that was stupid not the wife.

offkilter123offkilter1238 months ago

Comments on my stories frequently question if any women are really that stupid. Spend time on the infidelity forums or the infidelity subs on Reddit and you quickly realize that yes, women can be that stupid when they cheat. And so can men. When lust enters the room, reason and common sense make an Irish exit.

GardenshedGardenshed8 months ago

Liked the story, but how stupid can you be to think you could walk away from a your party with all your family around and think your going to have sex with your boss? Plus a chastity belt, she still has a mouth? Just saying…….

Good silly story, alway like when you have your beer of choice “Old Speckled Hen”. Used to drink here in the States, have not seen it in years.

Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A decent take on the “impact of losing trust” trope. As described, Sharon did seem truly remorseful, but rebuilding trust IS the hard nut to crack. Your story had her go the chastity belt route to ensure that nobody but him could fuck her. But that wouldn’t stop her from oral sex or anal sex 😎. Still…it did, presumably, reinforce to hubby that she was remorseful (as did her reporting her boss and resigning from her job).

.

Curious that neither she OR he suggested seeking help with counseling in addition. It would have been important to delve into why she thought that HE would forgive her a fling — where did she get THAT idea?

.

Still enjoyed it.

.

4 ****

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x8 months ago

"He said if you really love me, you'll let me do it." - Two things here: Why do they listen to the lover/potential lover who has a vested interest, i.e. getting into her pants? And, as usual, "if he loved her, etc.?" How about, if she loved him, she wouldn't do it?

\

"I didn't take it seriously." - But she DID take it seriously enough to tell her husband that she was going to Reggie's house for a "bit of fun."

\

"I thought we were being discreet." - How "discreet" is it to tell your husband you're going to do it?

\

While a chastity belt defends her fidelity, it is the antithesis of trust.

\

@devtek, as Highpike says, since HE got the locks, how would she have an extra key?

\

@Karnevil, yes, we're all anonymous, but with ID's, we can have an exchange of ideas.

\

@demander, again, HE got the locks and held the keys, so how could she get a duplicate made>

\

@RR, so every woman who is interested in sex with you might cheat?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I love it. I do not write fiction. I know my limitations. I do write and edit technical papers, and co-authored a technical book for engineers. So I admit to being a picky reader. I do skip read if the story is repetitive and content isn’t contributing to the flow of the story. I do not have a problem with brevity as long as the necessaries are provided, and in this category at least one of the characters has to be stupid or malevolent so I would take the protestations of some of the other commenters with a large measure of salt. I particularly liked the ending. *****

Xzy89c1Xzy89c18 months ago

The reason his fingerprints on the camera were important was there no good reason for him to have them. He knew about the cheating and with all the other tasks in the area people could place him there. There would be investigation and he might get away with it, but not like you wrote it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I saw what you did…

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Not bad. But, it struck me as a bit choppy, not sure why.

nixroxnixrox8 months ago

4 stars - it was a novel solution to a particularly nasty situation, but I still do not like any kind of bdsm or fetish.

enderlocke77enderlocke778 months ago

U need to look up the word "shattered"

enderlocke77enderlocke778 months ago

Do women use "cunt" over there

LJA644LJA6448 months agoAuthor

Thank you all for your comments. Most of them have given me something to think about, and that is good.

It appears to have started a little bit of a debate, and again that is good.

Some of you will get direct replies when I get time, some of you already have. Some of your comments need thinking about before I reply.

Unfortunately the will slow down my next story, 'My version of GNO. There will be a twist in the tale.

Thanks again.

Les

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

I’m a reader, and as much as I would like to, not a writer. Sbrooks103x and several others are more qualified to give constructive criticism than I am. I don’t know no grammar, punctuation, or other fine points of writing. I can spell good, and know guns and history, but that’s about all I can offer. I do know what I read, and what I like or don’t like. I follow you here in Lit, so I must really like what you post. This one started out interestingly, if cliched, but ended up a little silly with the chastity belt. So not constructive, but I didn’t care for this one very much. I like my BTBs to have a little more retribution for the Reggies, and real consequences for idiot cheating wives.

SPARTAN047SPARTAN0478 months ago

Oh dear, women really seem to hate this one as you showed in the last few paragraphs. A chastity cage on a male is empowering to the woman and the rightful place of the man as he can't control himself. A chastity cage on a woman is prehistoric, Neanderthal behaviour and disempowering to the woman. I wonder what the common factor here is?

Also, it appears that Neanderthals were intelligent and could sew, hunt, cook, and behaved only a little differently from Homo sapiens despite what NatGeo tells us.

TonyspencerTonyspencer8 months ago

Ok, that was quite funny. A little bit different but certainly covered the trust issue, well done!

Rocky62Rocky628 months ago

Good stuff! Speckled Hen is good too. I’m all in favour of some bondage and restraints, corsets etc, excellent makeup sex! Chastity belt? Locks would just be in the way at the worst time…. Good offer on her part tho, truly repentant

ReedRichardsReedRichards8 months ago

Mr Brooks asked, "@RR, so every woman who is interested in sex with you might cheat?" Dude, every woman who is interested in sex with her husband, regardless of whom her husband is, MIGHT cheat. We like to believe that most don't, but unless you have a 24/7/365 infallible monitoring system, you don't actually know.

.

The statistics are all over the place, because this isn't a question that a lot of people would choose to answer truthfully, but it's pretty clear that a significant number of husbands and of wives commit adultery at some point in their lives.

.

While I'd guess that getting caught at it isn't fun, adultery itself IS fun; if it wasn't fun, nobody would do it.

rodryder44rodryder448 months ago

Good solution by Sharon. Nice read.

Olderman318Olderman3188 months ago

I found it to be a fun read. Why do people take a story so seriously?

It’s a story!

I find myself skip reading when the author repeats the same details over and over.

No skip reading on this one. Thanks!

6King6King8 months ago

⭐⭐⭐ So your pre-story manifesto basically bars any non-authors from commenting, and discourages tem from reading your shit. I'm sure you'll delete this, but that's really fuckin' stupid. That's like saying you can't complain about car repairs you paid for when they didn't fix anything because you're not a mechanic. Really?

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed8 months ago

I liked this story and how the wife convinced her insecure husband to take her back. That being said, first impressions are generally more correct. The husband is a fool. There are very few locks that someone hasn’t found a way to pick. One could also assume that replacement keys can be ordered. The poor husband wants to believe the impossible concept that his wife would now be”safe”, yet at what point did he become convinced that her thought process regarding other men changed? Again, what makes your stories enjoyable is that they make a person think about the actions of your characters. I will state as have others: I don’t have any stories under this user name on this site at all.

Wolfden999Wolfden9998 months ago

Too fun. Did not see that coming.

Racerman1969gsRacerman1969gs8 months ago

No sure if your a better person than me, but good story. I would have followed thru with the divorce.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice8 months ago

Overall, I liked the story. I particularly liked the part where the wife quit her job on her own and reported the former boss to HR. To me, that would be an obvious move for anyone interested in preserving a marriage, but in many stories the wife has to be convinced. I liked that the characters behaved mostly consistently start to finish. I sometimes see characters start out one way, and for no reason revealed in the story, start acting a different way. I said "mostly", as one part that stuck w/ me was the lack of a decent explanation for the wife wanting to screw someone else. I know she said she was flattered, etc, but then that goes to the husband's rightful concern that he can't trust her. The resolution by the writer seemed to be that the husband controlled her by agreeing to wife's plan to wear a chastity belt. I have a problem w/ that solution as that is control, not trust. This is a story, not real life, but counseling would be more realistic. I am fine suspending disbelief for certain plot points, but characters acting realistically after a plot-bending/suspend disbelief event occurs, is my preference. This story was NOT specifically written for me, so others may be fine w/ plot points that are not logical. I didn't see any big mistakes, a few typos that having anyone else read your story might catch, but nothing major enough to ruin the flow of the story. Ultimately, I could not give a higher ranking to the story, due to the couple's apparent solution to a happy marriage being control, not trust. I think this author shows promise and is worth reading and look forward to any future offerings.

maninconnmaninconn8 months ago

Five stars for Old Speckled Hen! Now back to read the rest.

LJA644LJA6448 months agoAuthor

People. I am really enjoying the comments here, There is a lot of good stuff. however I must point out to a few of you that

a She put the belt on to display trust, not him demanding trust

b this is fiction. like 'Macbeth'

c I cant spell 'sew'

d I make mistooks

Les

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This story started well but ended with a silly mishmash of chastity devices and sex toys which presumably was her way of regaining her husband's trust. Sorry but it doesn't work like that. All the monkey sex in the world will never erase the doubt. In any case would he ever really be good with living a life with a wife who has such appallingly poor judgement. Far better that she sneaks off and try's to put it over on an unwitting spouse than to erase all doubt as to depth of her stupidity.

Harryin VAHarryin VA8 months ago

These kinds of stories where the wife thinks that she is entitled to one night or that she's been a great wife for 25 years and therefore are entitled ….all fall under the sub genre or category of Martian slug Ray.

.

This story gets points for its originality with the chastity belt even though it's really an urban legend type of thing. It appears that the wife was making a real effort to repair the damage she has done to the marriage but as to whether or not that it is enough is an open question. It seems to me that if the wife is sincere and continues to make the effort and there are other worthwhile tangible benefits to being married ….then perhaps they can make it go of it. But the husband is going to have to watch her like a hawk before regular trust comes back. As to whether or not this kind of marriage would ultimately survive? 6 to 5 and pick em.

.

As for the comments about the comments… authors are to keep in mind that sometimes readers simply misunderstand the point or see it differently. Yes sometimes there are readers who say things which are completely wrong and miss basic facts about the story. But sometimes it really is a different perspective or perhaps the point wasn't clear and the reader honestly missed it .

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The basic premise is wrong. The trust is still there, it’s just covered by hurt and anger. If she had cheated then the trust would have been gone. She came to you and asked permission. Cheaters don’t do that ill informed people do.

stan234499stan2344998 months ago

Very cute. A different take which is rare these days

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

There is absolutely no way she can ever be fully trusted again! EVER!!! All it took for her to try and cuck him was some sweet talk!?!?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Pretty good. Three stars.

.

Pad locks aren't exactly a vault at your local regional bank

.

Dude has reason to worry, given girls night out and what he just experienced

.

Some things you can't take back or undo. Some thing you don't even joke about.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

You write good stories, and like you said, you.ve had a go and put the ideas out there. Ignore the trolls with the negative comments, they are small minded people with little or no imagination. As for Speckled Hen, good brew but there are better, maybe a Hobgoblin Ruby or a McEwans Champion...

Seriously, you're an imaginative and insightful author with good stories to tell.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

An enjoyable read, although there were quite a few typographical/grammatical errors that broke my reading flow.

As I've said many times before, I like a good reconciliation story. Fortunately, unlike many of them where I go on to say "but this isn't one" this one actually is. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

There's no time limit on getting a divorce. What has he got to lose by giving her a chance? If he is that clueless and the bitch is that clever that she can fuck around without him finding out, then he might as well think of her as a nun, or a whore, since either might be true to the extent he knows. What doesn't make sense is her getting drunk and being so blatant and humiliating. They definitely need to suss out that personality trait, 'cause she will get drunk and tempted again.

\

A good plot and decent execution.

SexecutionerSexecutioner8 months ago

Curious strategy you're attempting, so now you want to be a safe space Stevie? Those of you bitching about commentary, why don't you just emasculate yourself more by not allowing comments. It's a cowardly move, almost as cowardly as commenting anonymously.

But to each their own I guess...

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

He should have given her a post divorce agreement.cheat and get nada.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Reason I skip read some of your work is due to the terrible sentence structure. There are times when your narrative doesn’t flow. Whatever the reasons for these errors, please proof with a stronger eye.

tralan69ertralan69er8 months ago

While this isn't a great story it really isn't all bad.

Thank you and please write another story. 3***

sbrooks103xabout 4 hours ago

"He said if you really love me, you'll let me do it." - Two things here: Why do they listen to the lover/potential lover who has a vested interest, i.e. getting into her pants? And, as usual, "if he loved her, etc.?" How about, if she loved him, she wouldn't do it? - That is obvious and could go without saying.

\

"I didn't take it seriously." - But she DID take it seriously enough to tell her husband that she was going to Reggie's house for a "bit of fun." - She was talking about when he first started flirting at work.

\

"I thought we were being discreet." - How "discreet" is it to tell your husband you're going to do it? - She thought she was being discreet to the guests, not so much to her husband although he hadn't noticed anything until she told him.

\

While a chastity belt defends her fidelity, it is the antithesis of trust. - Well yes it is thank you for confirming

@ReedRichardsabout 6 hours ago

Mr Brooks asked, "@RR, so every woman who is interested in sex with you might cheat?" Dude, every woman who is interested in sex with her husband, regardless of whom her husband is, MIGHT cheat. We like to believe that most don't, but unless you have a 24/7/365 infallible monitoring system, you don't actually know. -

So does that include your wife as well?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Fun little story. I get the whole trust thing, but thought he was pretty inflexible on the divorce thing right off the bat. She figured out a solution on her own.

BSreaderBSreader8 months ago
It

Definitely makes you think a nice story in this genre for once. But the old company should have had legal action against it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Don't you just love a Desperate cheating wife, that wants to stay married..

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

So similar to so many other stories here. The bitch thinks that he'll ok her trying a new cock and nothing will change. She deserves a chastity belt and maybe a lip lock to avoid blow jobs.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It started well enough but the end was stupid.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

When trust is gone , a marriage has to be set to fail . But she found a way back , well done .

Luckily she also did those other things too . Completely confessed to family members which had to be more than embarrassing . She also quit her job giving her bosses sexual advances as the reason .

Alcohol can make stupid ideas sound great , anyone who drinks knows that . And slipping off from the party was an insane idea .

Going forward I would still be worried about her gullibility around a certain type of male but her wearing a chastity belt would help me gain confidence .

I would also be checking her purchases on Amazon ..... they sell a wonderful array of lockpics complete with instructions and a practice lock !!

DK . 4 * . Thanks for posting .

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLJA644@LJA644
I have asked Denham Forrest if I could use his words as I fully agree with them, for those of you who have not heard of him he is here. https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=998438 he is also 'The Wanderer' I understand that some people do not enjoy my storie...