How Did I Get Here?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
demon160
demon160
502 Followers

I was still a little wary of taking the next step and asking her out. She was my daughter's teacher after all, but there was also the age difference thing as well. I was 34 and she was 24. I had never been out with a younger girl and this caused me some apprehension.

The main thought about our ages that kept coming to me was that 10 years ago, I was in a committed relationship and playing sport professionally. Kate would have been at school. Back then, when I was 24, there was no way I would have even thought of going out with someone who was 14.

Our ages were not my only worry. I was also worried that Kate had just gotten out of her engagement. I didn't want to pressure her into going out if she didn't want to or if she wasn't ready yet. If she did want to go out with me I didn't want to be just a rebound fling with her.

It took some time for me to realise that Kate was the first woman I had felt a real, genuine attraction towards, not just a lust for. Her age was not of a concern to me, I just knew that I wanted to see her. But did she see me as attractive and want to go out with me? She seemed to like me, but would that be enough to go out with me.

It was now the first week of December and Emily 'graduated' from Pre-school. My ex, her fiancé and I all attended and Emily loved having us all there. After the ceremony I caught up with Kate and got a picture of her together with Emily.

I only got to speak to Kate briefly afterwards and she asked what I was up to in the next week. I was away interstate for a work conference till Thursday. Kate did look a little disappointed as I said this. We then had to say our goodbyes as other parents were wishing to talk with Kate. I too felt some disappointment as I wanted to speak to her more.

The following Monday night I was in the bar of our conference hotel on the Gold Coast, doing the real work at these conferences, socialising and networking. I was at the bar, getting some drinks for our customers when my phone beeped. It was a message from Kate.

'Hi Dan. What u doing?'

'In the bar of the hotel buying drinks for our customers. What about u?'

'Just @ home relaxing '

There was a brief pause before another message from Kate appeared.

'Are there any pretty girls there?'

This was a surprise. We had been starting to get a little flirtier in our messages, but this seemed a little more direct. I wanted to show Kate that I was interested in her, so I decided to go along with this.

'There are, but none as attractive as the girl I'm texting.' I replied.

'Aww. U tell those girls to keep their hands off MY man. LOL'

Wow. She really did like me. I immediately realised this was my chance.

'Hold that thought.' I sent back to Kate.

I excused myself from the people I was with and went into the quieter hotel lobby. I flicked through the phone and hit the call button.

"Hi Dan." Kate said, answering the phone after the first ring.

"Hi Kate. How are you?"

"I'm good. Ummm Dan, I hope you weren't upset with my last text. I was just....."

"No I definitely wasn't upset at all. Can I ask you something Kate?"

"Yeah sure."

I took a deep breath. I didn't realise I would get nervous asking Kate out, but my stomach now had butterflies.

"Umm I was wondering what you are up to this Friday night as I'd like to take you out. You know on a date." I asked. The butterflies that had started earlier were now pounding away in my stomach.

I was sure I could hear Kate take a breath before she spoke.

"I'd love to Dan. That would be great." She gushed down the phone.

I couldn't believe it. I had actually asked her out and she said yes. I was so excited, but was brought back down to earth quite quickly.

"Where are we going?" Kate asked.

"I have no idea. I haven't worked that out yet." I replied with a laugh.

"That's ok. I'm really looking forward to where ever we go."

"So am I. I will let you know where we are going and when I will pick you up when I work it out."

"Dan that sounds great. I........ I can't wait to see you."

"I can't wait to see you either Kate....... I wish we could talk more, but I have to go and do some work."

"That's ok....... Just you be good around those pretty girls up there." Kate said with a laugh.

"There is nothing for you to worry about. I have a date with the most attractive girl I know on Friday."

"Ooooh Dan. Do you mean that?"

"Yes very much."

"Thank you Dan...... I'll talk to you later on."

"You definitely will. Bye Kate."

"Bye Dan."

I had done it. I had the biggest grin on my face ever.

*********

My work week went well, if very slowly. I returned home from my trip on Thursday night and had to work Friday morning. I had organised dinner on Friday at restaurant down near the beach, and Kate was pleased with my choice when I told her. I arranged to pick her up at her place at 7pm.

It was a warm night and I dressed in a casual short sleeve button up shirt and chino's. I picked up some flowers on my way to Kate's. I arrived at her apartment building just before 7. I was both nervous and very excited. Taking a deep breath I headed out to her door.

I knocked on the door and Kate opened it almost before I had finished knocking. She looked amazing. She was wearing a black and red patterned dress, with a belt cinching around her waist. The dress was cut with a deep v neckline, showing her very attractive cleavage, and it came down to her knees. Her blonde hair was out and flowing onto her shoulders.

"Hi Dan." Kate said with a big smile on her face.

"Hi Kate." I said grinning madly as well. Pulling the flowers out from behind my back I said "These are for you."

"Oh thank you Dan. They are beautiful."

Kate leaned in towards me and we did that awkward 'kiss on the cheek' thing people do. I immediately noticed how nice she smelt and how soft her skin was.

"Kate you look amazing. That is a stunning dress."

Kate blushed slightly as I said this and coyly tilted her head down. "Thanks Dan. You look very nice yourself."

Kate went and put the flowers in water and we headed out for our date. I opened the car door for her and did the same again at the restaurant. She looked a little surprised by this, but then again she was used to being with people her age.

Our dinner was great and the conversation between us flowed so easily. It was so much better than any of the other dates I had been on previously. Looking across the table at Kate I could not believe my luck. I was on a date with a beautiful girl who I really liked and I felt that she liked me.

As our dinner concluded, we both wanted to keep the date going, so went a little way along the beachfront to a very nice pub. It was a bit more upmarket than a normal pub and it had a great outdoor area where Kate and I had a couple of drinks enjoying each other's company and the beautiful warm summer night.

We talked about many things. Kate mentioned that this was the first date she had been on since she had broken up with her ex. I said I was honoured to be her first date.

"I know you have had a few dates since your divorce. I have heard some of the mums picking up their kids at work talking about you." Kate said. I smiled sheepishly as she said this.

She continued "If you don't mind me asking, why ...... ummm, did you stop going out with them?"

I liked Kate very much and I wanted to be completely honest with her. "Truly Kate, in the couple of dates I did have, I didn't feel any ......well ..... any real connection with the ladies. And I want to have....... an emotional connection with someone to go out with them." I said looking at Kate.

Kate looked back at me coyly and asked quietly "Do you think we have an emotional connection?"

"I think we might." I replied cagily. "Do you think we have that connection?"

Kate giggled. "Maybe." She said with a big smile on her face.

We talked and laughed together for a long time. The night was going great when we decided to take a walk along the boardwalk that ran beside the beach.

As we walked and talked, our hands accidently brushed together. I kept my hand there and on the next step Kate's hand met mine. Our fingers intertwined together as we really held hands for the first time. Kate looked across at me and I did the same, both us were smiling happily.

We reached the end of the boardwalk. The breeze was blowing slightly and I could hear the waves breaking on the beach. I turned to face Kate, still holding her hand, the pale light from the nearby streetlight illuminating us.

"I have had such an amazing night tonight with you Kate. You have the most amazing smile and I......"

Kate let go of my hand and slipped her hands around my waist and interrupted me. "Dan, Dan......."

"Yes Kate."

"I think you should kiss me now."

I just smiled and put my arms around Kate's shoulders. I leant down and we kissed, softly, gently, holding it for a few seconds. We broke apart slightly and I saw Kate's eyes open and look directly into mine as a huge smile appeared on her face. I grinned too as I leant back down and we kissed again. I felt Kate's tongue squeeze between my lips and we kissed more passionately, tasting the other for the first time.

We made out for a little while, holding ourselves close. I felt so great having such an amazing woman I really liked kissing me and Kate was enjoying it as well.

Eventually we stopped kissing and headed back to my car. Kate and I held hands all the way to the car and when I was driving Kate kept her hand on my leg. When we got back to her place we kissed again in the car, before I walked Kate back to her apartment, holding her hand all the way.

We stood at her front door, Kate looking so happy, and I'm sure she could see that I was happy.

"Thank you for the great night Dan. I have had such an amazing time." She said.

"Me too. We will have to do this again soon, very soon."

We then arranged to go out again out again on Sunday and I would pick her up that morning.

"I'm already looking forward to seeing you on Sunday Dan."

"I can't wait to see you again either." I said

Kate looked at me with a real look of happiness on her face. "Well, I guess it's time to say goodnight. I've had a wonderful night Dan. See you on Sunday."

"I've had a great night too. Goodnight Kate."

As I said this I gently moved Kate a little closer and gave her a kiss. She kissed back and her arms went around my shoulders. I put my arms around her. Our lips opened and tongues started teasing each other just a little again.

We pulled apart after a little while. Kate had a beaming smile on her face, her beautiful blue eyes sparkling behind her glasses. I had the biggest big goofy grin on my face. It was a magical moment.

Kate took my hand, gave a little squeeze and said "Good night Dan." She let go of my hand and stepped inside her front door.

"Good night Kate." I said as I watched her go inside. She turned around and smiled back at me.

**********

Our date on Sunday was wonderful. I knocked on her door and she opened it with a huge smile on her face. Kate again took my breath away when I saw her. She was wearing a light singlet top, long summer skirt and a broad hat to keep the sun off her face.

"Hi." I said.

"Hi." Kate said, before moving towards me.

I immediately put my arms around her and she did the same. We leant into each other and kissed again. It was a continuation of our kisses from Friday night and it felt brilliant. I could feel her squeeze into me, holding me tight. I did the same, enjoying having her in my arms.

When we finally pulled apart I said with a laugh "I'm pleased to see you too." Kate giggled at my bad joke and blushed slightly.

We went and caught the ferry from Manly across to the city, went to the markets in the Rocks. We wandered around holding hands, talking and laughing. We weren't really doing anything except being together. I felt like the luckiest guy in the world. I had a beautiful woman on my arm and I wanted the whole world to know.

Before we knew it, the sun had gone down and night was upon us. We had something to eat before heading back on the ferry. As we sat there I played the classic 'fake stretch' trick to put my arm around her. Kate giggled at my antics and then snuggled into me as we travelled back.

Kate and I both had to work the next day, with Kate starting at 5:30am so we finished our night together earlier than we both really wanted. Again we kissed and held each other close as we said our goodnights at her front door. I looked into Kate's eyes as we said goodnight and I was so drawn into her. I didn't want to let her go, even temporarily, but I knew I had to.

**********

We didn't see each other over the next couple of days, but we did talk and text all the time. Monday night we must have talked for a couple of hours, just discussing our day and speaking about anything. I really enjoyed hearing her voice.

Tuesday night Kate played netball and she sent me selfies of her in her team clothes, a tight one piece netball outfit. I immediately texted back saying how gorgeous she looked and how I wished I was there. Kate sent back a picture of her blowing me a kiss.

On Wednesday we finally caught up again and went to the movies. I cannot remember what we saw, as I only had eyes for the gorgeous girl sitting next to me holding me tight. Watching her, I knew in my heart of hearts that I had fallen for her, and I had fallen big time.

I also knew that I didn't want to scare her away by saying so at such an early stage, especially after what she went through in her previous relationship. I also knew I was very physically attracted to Kate, but again I didn't want to pressure her into doing anything she didn't feel ready to do.

I was at work on Thursday morning and was doing some emails when my mobile rang. I looked and could see it was Kate.

"Hello Gorgeous. What a nice surprise to hear from you this morning." I answered.

"Hi Handsome. I'm just having a short break at work and I wanted to quickly say hello to 'my man'."

"Hello then. I'm always glad to hear your voice. It makes my day."

Kate giggled a little and we spoke a little about how our days were going.

"Dan, can I ask you something?"

"Of course Kate. Anything."

"Well I was speaking to Maddie and she is spending the night at her boyfriend's tonight and ummm....... I was wondering whether you would like to come over to my place for Dinner." By the way she spoke I could picture the big smile on her face.

"I would love to Kate. That would be great. What would you like me to bring?" I gushed down the phone.

"Just yourself." She giggled. "You could bring dessert if you wanted."

"We won't need dessert. You are sweet enough as it is." I laughed.

"Aww Dan. You make the 'worst' jokes." She said laughing.

"They can't be that bad. You're laughing at them."

We both laughed and chatted for a while before Kate had to go back to work. It was arranged that I would arrive at 6pm at her place and we said our goodbyes.

Once I got off the phone, I realised that tonight might be a really big night in our burgeoning relationship. My mind raced with many scenarios I could see taking place, but I quickly tried put those thoughts out of my head, not wanting to wish for too much tonight and then being disappointed if it didn't transpire.

**********

Right on 6pm I arrived and knocked on Kate's door. I could hear her coming to the door. Kate opened the door and I could see a huge smile on her face. She looked so happy and excited to see me. I reckon I had a similar look on my face too.

She was wearing a pink singlet top, jean shorts and pink flip flops. Her hair was tied back in a ponytail and her beautiful blue eyes were sparkling through her glasses. I thought she looked gorgeous.

"Hi Dan, come on in." she said happily as she invited me in.

"Hi Kate. I did bring dessert with me." I said, as I handed her the cake box I had brought with me. "Hope you like Tiramisu."

"Ohhh. Thank you Dan. That's so nice of you." She replied.

With my other hand I handed her the bottle of champagne I bought.

"And this is for us to share tonight." I said handing Kate the bottle.

"How did you know I liked champagne?"

"Lucky guess." I said with a big grin on my face.

Kate led me inside and she placed the cake and champagne on the kitchen bench. She turned around and placed her arms around my shoulders. I wrapped my arms around her and we kissed. Her lips opened and our tongues teased and tangled together.

We moved apart after a little while, both smiling and happy to see each other.

Kate was still organising dinner and I offered to help her. We finished preparing the dinner as we talked about our day. She was making a stir fry and was making excuses about how she wasn't a good cook and this was all she could make. The dinner was great and I really enjoyed it. Kate was so happy that I enjoyed her cooking that she was just beaming.

We had finished dinner and I was looking across at Kate. I couldn't believe my good fortune to be dating such a beautiful woman. She looked across at me and smiled back. I must have smirked out loud a little, feeling happy with the situation, as Kate asked "What are you laughing about Dan?"

"No, nothing really." I replied.

"C'mon Dan what made you laugh?"

"Well, I'm smiling because I can't really believe I am 'dating' such an amazing, beautiful woman." I said with a big smile on my face.

Kate blushed slightly at my comment, smiling coyly.

After a moment she said "Do you really think so Dan?"

"Absolutely Kate. You are such a wonderful person. You're so beautiful. Not only really attractive, but you have a kind, caring soul. You are intelligent, funny, have a great sense of humour. You care about people and really get to know them and you have a job you like and are really good at. You are everything that anyone could possibly desire."

Kate was now blushing wildly at my compliments.

"And that is why I'm smiling. I still can't really believe an old, average guy like me is 'going out' with you."

Kate laughed when I said this. She was looking at me with a slightly different look on her face.

"Oh Dan. Firstly, I don't think you are old. You are a very handsome man. You are also very caring and intelligent. You can talk about anything and you are so funny. Your daughter adores you and you love her too and you also have a job you enjoy and you are good at."

I was becoming a bit bashful with these comments. It was nice to hear praise from the opposite sex, especially when it was from someone I was very attracted to.

"I'm the one that's lucky, having such an amazing guy ask me out." Kate said.

"I'm really glad I asked you out."

I leant over and gave Kate a kiss, holding her hand as I did.

We talked a little longer, before Kate suggested that we go to the lounge and watch a movie. I agreed and we took our glasses and headed into the living room. Kate put on the movie and sat on her lounge, stretching her legs out on the chaise.

I sat down next to her, but with my feet still on the ground. I then repeated my trick from our earlier date of pretending to stretch and putting my arm around her. Kate again laughed at my antics, before putting her arm around me and kissing me.

"Dan, you know you don't have to make an act to put your arm around me." She said with a giggle.

"I know. I only do it just to see your beautiful smile."

With that Kate awwwwed happily and we started to kiss. We snuggled up close on the chaise and started to make out.

Our kisses started off nicely, holding each other close, arms wrapped around each other as our kisses increased their intensity. Our tongues explored and played together, our kisses became more passionate. Moans and groans increased as we each found little things the other enjoyed. Hands started to wander as we continued. I was conscious of where my hands were moving to, not wanting to push my luck too far.

demon160
demon160
502 Followers
123456...8