All Comments on 'How Did It Ever Come To This'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 375 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Was there a story here? I hate it when writers can't be bothered to flesh out an idea.

Why was James so sure? Was he insane? Was Erin and Graeme actually having an affair?

So many things left unexplained equals a one star rating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow that man had deep seated issues. Lost everything over nothing ,his mind and thinking went bonkers. Interesting story telling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Re Feltfixer: :Guilty" Very good observation. I agree and think Mandy was in on the affair too. This was just a typical hateful CUNT who uses her husband just for her convenience and uses excuses all the time. Oh she just wanted to he held. Well she got lots of that from other guys in the clubs and rubbed it in her hubbys face. Yah, she wanted to be held. BS! Oh and the legal crap was just that crap. Only in a delusional empty mind would this make sense. In reality it wouldn't even make it passed a lawyer never mind seen in court. There was no decent respectable woman in this POS just a heartless CUNT who got off on torturing and using her hard working dog of a husband. He was an idiot. For staying with her that long.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was a great story, but we all know the burn the bitch crowd want women’s 🩸 blood. These readers weren’t going to give you a fair review. With a few exception you are writing to male pigs who see women beneath them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Erin is a piece of crap.

A. Erin knew that James had a confrontational demeanor when it came to dealing with things he saw as issues in their relationship. Erin continually rebuffed James's efforts to get her to see things from his point of view.

B. Graeme invited Erin to go out to 'celebrate' after work. No mention of anyone else attending.

C. James found Erin in the process of getting ready to go out. Erin admits to herself that she's putting extra effort into looking nicer than she usually does.

D. As mentioned by others, Erin never invited James to that dinner with Graeme. She told James she was going to dinner and only made a veiled challenge to James to come as well after he demanded she stay home and not go out with a married man.

E. As mentioned, Mandy was NOT invited to dinner with Graeme and Erin either. She said that "...when Graeme said your were celebrating I invited myself..." So Graeme was going to dinner with Erin to 'celebrate' Erin's accomplishments but obviously failed to mention it to his wife Mandy.

F. Erin's internal dialog upon arrival in the restaurant along with Mandy's statements imply Erin did not expect to see Mandy at the restaurant with Graeme.

G. Erin appears to manipulate confrontation between James and Graeme knowing James's combative personality and lack of social refinement will not serve James well.

H. Erin does everything to fight James, especially those things she knows will cause James financial hardship or ruin. Erin attacks James company which she knows means everything to him. She sets James up for the libel and slander suit brought by Graeme. Despite the lip service she feeds her children, family and friends, Erin plainly does not give a sh_t about James.

I. Erin ends up with nearly everything she wanted out of her marriage. First, she obviously wanted out of it. That was the whole reason she fought her husband James at every turn. She ended up with the bulk of the cash, having done everything to ensure James would be bled dry through divorce and lawsuit. Erin kept the house, ended up with a relationship with her kids and a new younger husband.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a fucking bitch of bitter ex-wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You always get plenty of comments from some really pathetic loser men. Guys, maybe if you'd take a shower, wash off that stale Cheeto smell, work out, read a book, quit wanking to internet porn, then maybe your wife could stand you. It's so cute when you try so hard to be macho. We all know your wife won't let you talk like that, so you post it on the internet. Maybe she'd respect you more if you were a couple of inches taller, made as much money as she does or had a car.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Being a man yourself, Cagi, how is it you know nothing about how men think? It's obvious you have a real hate for men, misandry isn't that rare and it's usually easily identified, as it is in your case. This story was over-the-top; you created a troglodyte for the wife to kick around and put him in his place. I hope this story made you feel righteous, happy, and empowered, but you failed to notice how clearly it exposes your own mental instabilities in regards to men.

.

It's hard to believe, but I find myself in complete agreement with Harry in VA's comment. You should seek professional help. Ignore the people telling you you're okay: they're wrong. And when you go see the shrink, take this story with you. It will explain a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

what useless BS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

this was complete garbage. Who on earth is reading this and thinking its a good story, Jesus Christ Peppa pig has more nuance than this shit pile of words.

Dear @Cagivagurl, next time you want to write, use your hands and not your asshole. People come hear to read stories not this shit.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 2 years ago

Told you, mate. She could be set on fire with gasoline and burnt to death and the Neanderthals that infest this site would clap and cheer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow! There are some super creepy men making some super cringy comments on this story. I guess we really see the slime molds slithering out of the sewer to vomit up their sexism and hatred for women. Wow! They actually live among us! I'll be looking around making sure no one gets close to me in case it might be one of them. I gave this story a five.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a bunch of self-righteous bullshit. The stupid cunt couldn't even put her "date" off so she could at least try to find out why her husband went off the deep end. Didn't even try. Didn't even fuckin' think about it.

I hope someone writes apart two where that holier than thou cunt gets whats coming to her.

CharlieB4CharlieB4about 2 years ago

Have added this story to my favourites without even reading it. Anything Harry from VA hates that much must be good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just your typical trite misandry that this author has become infamous for. Only upside was this story was far shorter than the usual tediously lengthy tomes the author inflicts upon the LW readers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

anonymous 'super creepy men'. It takes 2 to tangle - they both were too stubborn for the relationship to succeed. 1* - as the author always has the man looking bad or fucks over him.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 2 years ago
Just

What the bitch wanted from the start, she no longer wanted him and she knew how to destroy him and he let her do it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

VERY GOOD story.

Only can think hubby jeleous of her?

Don't blame wifey for her actions

(PS am an un-henpecked guy!!)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

How is this an exotic story it was just a recant of a guy being dumb an ruining himself Erin was 100% right but this story belongs elsewhere

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Seeing some of the other comments, I wonder what they are reading. I thought it was well told, and I think your writing has taken an uptick lately,particularly the last two stories told from the woman's POV. They were both long enough to effectively tell a story and you have avoided the verbiage that doesn't carry the impact and just adds to the word count. Nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yeah, John Wayne dinosaurs era is long time gone but some relict are still struggling.

God writing but fo mah taste… who gives a flying thing fo such personages.

Let’s hear another one, to come.

Cheers,

Captcha

Burner70Burner70about 2 years ago

Sucked . She had an affair . Just not with thatbold shit bag . No man goes nuclear with out facts

mattenwmattenwabout 2 years ago

A convincingly well-written story that clearly shows in terms of content that partnership (marriage) does not tolerate egoism well. Even if I find the basic idea of your story exaggerated, the message is clear: if you don't communicate, you have to live with the result that others bring about. 4*!!!

But at least as entertaining as your story are the comments on it!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The usual misandrist bullshit from this author. It is well packaged and appeals to the cucks, betas, and the feminazis.

bobareenobobareenoabout 2 years ago

Well, James was a troglodyte, but somehow there was little drama in that. It sounded like he was mentally ill. I trust that was the author’s point, but again, no sympathy for him, or really, for his wife. While she suffered from his insanity, she was basically left to her own competent devices, leaving nothing but an end where the husband lost her, and then lost to others he harmed, due to apparent mental illness. Uplifting and cheery.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He thinks she is having an affair. Let’s take her side and go with it never would have happened and he is unreasonably wrong. What is the justification for destroying what he has left? For blowing up the relationship with your kids? For watching “her love” become bitter and then assisting the companies loss of a leader they would die for.

I am left feeling sorry for the unreasonable man and his kids. Hating the rest

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Utter nonsense. Cagi created a real dinosaur for this story, didn't he? It might even be considered a good story if it weren't for the fact that EVERY story he's written, including all the feminization and forced-feminization stories, denigrated men. EVERY story. Good ole Cagi writes about humiliating men or destroying men, I guess it depends on how he feels when he gets up that day.

.

Ever notice how, if the man misbehaves, he's quickly kicked to the curb, and it's a short story, about 3 pages?

.

But if it's the woman who cheats, even for months at a time, and even if she refuses to drop her boyfriend, the husband (who's always a weak cowardly man) is browbeaten into accepting things the way she wants them.

.

Those stories are always 6 to 10 pages long and the woman is always presented as the injured party, regardless of how many times she's cheated with however many men.

.

His "horrible man" short stories are only written as a false cover, something he can point to and say, "My readers aren't being fair. She divorced a bad man and they still complain because they're all misogynistic (even though Cagi is male). Poor me."

SikemSikemabout 2 years ago

The story tried to absolve the wife of all blame. But when he expressed his concerns she blew him off. I think she is a cold-hearted bitch in this story.

And yes, he behaved foolishly.

I do not think her boss could prove a financial loss, but this is fiction.

jamesapplejamesappleabout 2 years ago

I didn't much care for this story. We are supposed to feel sympathetic toward the protagonist, but then the story goes on to say that the husband worked himself to death to provide for his family, was a good father and husband, and his big issue was how much she flirted with other men. Yes, he didn't want her to work, but how much would that have been an issue if she wasn't such a flirt? Then, to go out to dinner with someone her husband absolutely didn't want her going out with, and then deciding to rake him over the coals in such a public manner...no, the wife in this story is a horrible person, who is only concerned with herself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sad and powerful when the mind convinces you of something happening when it actually isn't. Just about everyone has been there before in some form or another, maybe not this extreme but still in some instances.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I thought this was a interesting take on the "friendly dinner with co-worker / oops, fell into bed" trope. I feel like both Erin and Grame were 90% innocent (he gets a dinner with a lovely co-worker, she get appreciated by a man) but Amanda's showing up averted any potential issues, which James could have done as well. Sadly this was about James' identity being too welded to his role as the breadwinner. I would have liked to seen more of James POV esp as he realized his screwed up. 4.5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

well now---another in a long list of Cgurls famous 'I HATE HUSBANDS' stories...

sure she maybe didn't fool around on him, but she surely didn't respect his wishes at all.

obviously when respect is lost he asumed the worst, but she did absolutely nothing to appease

him for all the years he slaved making a good life for the family

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Anyone who thinks the fault was mostly on one side, as the story is written, is an idiot. He is who he is and has always been. That's what she signed up for and enjoyed the benefit of all these years. Clearly, he has issues. Why? Who TF knows. Neither the author nor the wife saw the need to go there. Maybe he's carrying emotional scars regarding wives working outside the home. Probably something a wife worth a shit would have worked hard at exploring first. He's way out of line and over reacted to everyone's detriment, including his own. She didn't particularly give a fuck about figuring out a compromise after how many years of him busting his ass for her and their kids. He's broken. She's moving on. Fuck him. If he wasn't broken, he'd have taken the money and run at the very least.

By the way, small construction companies are generally worth EBITDA times one. They aren't that difficult to restart under another name if the successful owner purposely let's it go broke. The good will is still going to be there a few months later.

As to the wife sleeping her way to the top, it's a real estate brokerage and she's an agent. That means she eats what she kills. It's almost certainly a true meritocracy. Wifey's an ungrateful cunt but no doubt she's a good real estate agent.

As someone said, if this were realistic, neither her nor her boss would have survived.

liz33ndliz33ndabout 2 years ago

sad but real life.

nestorb30nestorb30about 2 years ago

Sad well written story. Unfortunately still very true

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Polygraph tests are not admissible in any court in North America , the story was too repetitive , I didn't really enjoy it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Got to love all of the pussy boys saying how it's all James's fault and Erin is an angel sent from heaven to rid the world of "Neanderthals". LMFAO!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What was the point of this story? What a horrendous ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

All too real. Sometimes people just flick a switch, change their mind, and/or go crazy. Unfortunately two ex-wives fit that category.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If i reverse the situation (gender) i get the same reaction. I can see both sides. Clear lack of communication after he loses it. She was checking out anyway as she gave up trying very easily. No idea why he gave up on life. He could have sold his half and started something else or made it miserable for her to retain ownership. When she took the buy out he should have known something was up. The kids or someone should have tipped him off.

All i know is if it were me at some point they would all have an accident.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Liked it. Wronged party wins (reluctantly), a—h—- who started it loses. Simple.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You wrote a caricature of a provider. She was happy enough to take his money, to let him slave away to put the kids through college, then got pissed when she couldn't change the man she had been married to for decades.

Stupid, soulless woman, pointless story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Was there even a point here? When the main character is all good and the antagonist is completely at fault, there is nothing left but bad writing. Try to learn some craft and nuance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Pointless.

kimi1990kimi1990about 2 years ago

This story came highly recommended. I'm not sure some of the readers saw the same story I did. The Neolithic men commenting seem to believe that the actual words written on the page matter not at all. They make up their own narrative and then attack that. Strange, and as one anonymous commenter said, "creepy" people. Interesting story, and I'm glad I read it.

Richie4110Richie4110about 2 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyed the story and how well it stayed on target. Always look forward to your stories.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Maybe he was paranoid

You have stumbled onto classic paranoia. He was working those hours to make sure he was making enough money to keep her satisfied. He was paranoid if she went to work she would have an affair. He was Paranoid he would lose her. He was paranoid she would take his business away. Paranoid of what people would think of him. Turning his back on friends and living a miserable life all indications he was seriously ill.

She turned her back on a man who could of had a serious mental problem. The people who have said he was a caveman living long ago because she was woman who should stay at home. Nothing in the story would indicate a good reason. Most affairs start at a workplace. Real estate agents are toward the top of the list for most likely to have an affair. The divorce rate is 50 percent. If he heard these stories such as reading at Literotica and or real life husbands wife's having an affair you can see why he could lose it.

The mind is a hard thing to understand why people do things. This wife should of known something serious was going on that really had nothing to do with her going to work. Just the catalyst that started things going down hill

Cagivigurl is a gifted author. I don't believe she wrote this story considering a mental illness. Just saying he had some of those characteristics of a mental problem and she treated him like shit because she was selfish in her job career. It was more important than finding out the root cause of his real problem. Think about it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written, but too much like real life to "enjoy" it. The only thing that makes sense was that James had a side dish of his own, probably a realtor lady that gave referrals to his contracting business. But that is left unsaid.

As to the North American comment on Lie Detector tests, don't think this set on that side of the pond based on solicitors and other old English verbiage. No idea what the stance is on the lie detectors being allowed over there.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonabout 2 years ago

More overt propaganda from this author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Speeding to mediocrity while being applauded by friends. In 3, 2, 1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I don't get it. He's the best husband and employer ever, sacrificing everything for his friends and family, but then is absolutely unrecaltan about his wife having a job, even though he's never home anyway ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice gender flip for LW. Now, a challenge for you; write a male MC as strong as this woman. Can you do it? Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

a good story, but I find it revealing that the author can write such a strong and determined woman, yet his/her male leads are continually weak, vacillating, and always succumb to pressure, sex, just plain wore down etc.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 2 years ago

What was the point of this? Either he’s mentally Ill and everyone going hard legally after him was cruel, or he saw her admitted flirting and it was too much for him, either way that was over the top. And btw polygraphs are not admissible in any court of law in a democratic nation

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The story doesn't track correctly. You start off talking first person current time from the wife's view. Then she reminisces about their past and her decision to work. Everything meanwhile is ok, or appear to be in a positive recovery state of reconnection due to their enjoying the concert. Then it goes to a 2nd real time where the marriage falls apart from the husbands imaturity. She then ends up divorced and remarried at the end, supposedly a 3rd an final real time now. That totally does not track with the beginning of your story.. I don't comment on stories, but having to go back and re-read something is annoying at best. Please in the future keep your timelines simpler. You killed your story by messing this one up so much that it causes confusion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ha! I knew this would red flag the Incel / misogynist dipshits that flood the LW category.

They don’t bat an eyelid when the boring and tired “Martian Slut Ray” plot device is endlessly regurgitated. No explanation required when women previously devoted (to invariably controlling, condescending and entitled pricks) suddenly crave a new dick, I use the word advisedly and are soundly punished for having the temerity to “disrespect their husband”.

When the script is flipped, and the husband for no accountable reason becomes a complete asshat, let’s call it “Martian Dick Ray”, then “Oh my God” where is the character development, there’s no backstory, it’s sooo unrealistic. Nuggets.

Well done Cagivagurl! You triggered the cockroaches and boy are they scuttling around and making an almighty racket!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Full of errors

Absolutely full of errors. As in " he did several months of counselling, therapy, anger management. All Court ordered." How could a Court order this? The divorce has gone through, unless he breaks a law the court has NO say.

Polygraph tests are not admissible in any court in State in the USA..

We all (I hope) know that these stories are works of fiction, but they should (at the very least) be somewhat believable.

Only one Star, and that's only because there is no option for Zero stars....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'm proud to include myself in the "creepy" people instead of the liberal feminazi, just plain weirdos, and wimpy cucks that enjoy reading your man hating stories. I can just see them now congratulating each other on eliminating another Neanderthal from their pathetic little lives. When WWlll starts we'll see how all the you fare. I'm sure your rainbow flags and "strong" women will save you...LMFAO!!!

ken philipsken philipsabout 2 years ago

Fantastic story.. The wife dealt with the fuckwit husband exactly as he the fuckwit deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The guy who said "full of errors" isn't very good at reading. Interesting that someone that bad at reading and who made so many "errors" will give someone a one based on his own badness at reading.

If you'd paid any attention, you'd have known that Cagivagurl's stories are set in New Zealand where polygraph tests ARE admissible in court. Feeling stupid yet?

If you'd been less stupid, you'd have seen that his children made him go to therapy, and that he'd lost in court. The court case had nothing to do with the divorce, but was a slander and libel case. The magistrate could impose any conditions that seemed appropriate as part of the judgement. So the author's supposed "errors" are actually your errors. I give your comment one star. That's the stupid star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A great story. Of course all of the fem haters are piling on the 'Hate Fem Train' Telling how this or that would not happen in a court of law. Fools that they are, forget to realize that the tale is fiction. Any thing can and most likely will happen in the authors mind. After all, it's their story, and only they can say what's happening. All others must request their money back. LP

usaretusaretabout 2 years ago

A long story without a firm resolution! Not worth my time, a shame really because it was going well (until it appears the author ran out of ideas to explain the reason for Dads rants.

Po8pPo8pabout 2 years ago

I almost vomited twice before this story's end.

That bullshit you call caveman character is feminine stupidity of these days where they don't recognize that order is as necessary in a family as anywhere else.

If your husband says you shouldn't go to work and you want to, what you do is to compromise and find another alternative.

Good thing that no man nowadays sleepwalk anymore. What you evil bitches desire most is ruining us but f*ck you so much. Nowadays we walk with our eyes wide open. You want to fuck me up, well then!

You'll first go into the grave before I let you have your way. You just don't fucking know shit about how hard building such a business cost.

Someone asked that " Why would someone need enemies anymore when he has a wife at home ?"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Lie detectors are admissible in some jurisdictions. And this was a cival trial where they may be more accepted than a criminal trial.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

a lie detector not allowed in courts ,at least in the us ,don;t know what third would country you are from . as you told your story . at first you talk good about james and later on not so much .not one time in your story have you said that you love james not one time, i believe while out showing house's you fuck your boss .and you set james up . you knew how james was going to react to you going to work , thats why you did it . WHORE you have a special in hell waiting for you cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Story about a disrespectful wife who manipulated her hard working husband into THINKING she had an affair so he would divorce her so he could take him to the cleaners! Would love it if someone rewrote the ending turning it into a BTB story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Haha! The story was decent. The comments, however, are absolute gold! My thanks to the author for providing a respectable story and inadvertently creating a forum for those who have never known the touch of a woman. My God...the asteroid can't get here soon enough.

danbo56danbo56about 2 years ago

don't understand to many gaps at the end unfinished in my opinion sorry but i really like your stories Cagivagurl there is at least another chapter to this story

rikanorikanoabout 2 years ago
Decent writing, but really didn’t like the end

On the plus side, the story telling is good, I like the writing. Good craftsmanship. But I gotta admit, the end left a bad taste.

I understand this guy. A driven professional, a man who lives to work, to take care of others, to provide for his family. In my eyes, a man in the best sense. But take that role as sole provider away from him - even if only in his head - and of course he will suffer and have problems adapting. You cannot shift the dynamics in a decades old relationship and just tell one of the partners to “suck it up buttercup”.

Clearly he failed to communicate. But so did she, big time, and the story makes it sound like it’s only the husbands fault. Because it’s easy to feel with him, the end is bitter and gives no closure.

Well, she won in the end. Good for her, I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I love these stories but wanted to ask when will you finish "Nathalie's New World" series, that one was a banger.

ro707ro707about 2 years ago

When men put women on pedestals this is the end result. James is at fault. But the wife claiming ignorance is typical. "Oh, I don't know why he did it."

Thank god today young boys know to put themselves first rather waste time on "relationships".

4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Had the basis for a great tale - however being totally one sided it failed. Never mind you have writTen some good/excellent stories but some are quite dire and unbalanced.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Accept the author’s version and quit trying to read in cheating or some other shit. Author is god over their own story. Plenty of plot choices here to criticize without making up another story over the top of this one.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

1 star - what a horrible story. The husband was so obviously suffering from some form of mental distress. Why was no kind of mental therapy mandated by the court? Whenever a person acts out in such an uncharacteristic and self destructive way and in such a short period of time - something is very wrong. It could have just been a simple case of severe depression.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Shit story

kamdev99008kamdev99008about 2 years ago

A good story with a sad ending.....

Sometimes it happens...

James destroyed everything.... For what?

His lifelong frustrations .... Born out of expectations and achievements.... Made his bed...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Pointless, dry and without any soul.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This one gives the woman haters an aneurism! In all fairness it should be in the non_erotic section with most of the BTB stories. Not a shred of anything erotic here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
shit story

Why do ppl here even ramble about the difference between male/female pov/audience? Low iq strawman arguments.. The problem is that both characters are shit thus making the story shit. The authors shitty attempt at portraying one of them less shittier than the other puts the shit crown on top.. Claiming mental deficits for all characters is always a pathetic excuse for shit writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Shit anonymous making a shit comment giving him the shit crown. Shit.

Rayjag1980Rayjag1980about 2 years ago

Sorry, 3 stars only. A good storyline but it seemed to be heavy on the man hating vein. Nothing ever mentioned that originally the dinner was only boss and her, Mandy invited herself. No husband would put up with a dinner date with their wife and her boss. Also he had no idea until that evening that there was a dinner.

The story had potential, it had wat too much man hating vib.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You definitely earned that one star I just gave you. Good for you.

.

Dude, you need to seek professional help. We get it: you're a man that wants to be a woman. You think that means the world owes you something? And why does that mean you have to hate all other men? That's a weird kind of misandry you're toting around, but, okay. Whatever.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very sad story...all that the wsn had to do was to have a little patience with the man..but she stuck to her pride and destroyed a fine man . Sad

ErotFanErotFanalmost 2 years ago

Sounds like a story of two vindictive losers to me. Didn't much like it. I really don't think you showed much harm to the children's relationship. And what was the whole music schtick about at the opening?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A wife does not have to have sex with another man to cheat on her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The man described in this story does not and has not ever existed in any plane of existence.

This is an allegory...an essay on how stubborn, jealous, idiotic, and backwards men are about women. And it really wasn't done well at all. Not one bit of subtlety about it.

Following this pattern...someone could easily write a story full of cliches and tropes telling a tragic story about how unreasonable, overly emotional, illogical, and jealous a woman is...that would allegorically apply to all women.

But why would anyone waste their time doing it? Unless they had a major axe to grind against the opposite sex?

Eh Cagi?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Oh boy, your axe sharp enough yet?

I mean, we all get by now that the author has some serious mental issues and a mad boner for cutting down men into passive little wimps who forgive the whorish filth the moment they drop their panties, no matter how much they hurt them or how unforgivable the offense.

As for the husband, yeah, he was unreasonable, but it wasn't completely without cause. A wife that turns into a bitch and doesn't address his concerns at all isn't worth the effort and he was good to be rid of her, but of course, he couldn't be allowed a happy ending, so cav went and turned him into a bitter crazy. of course, ever the man-hater, cav had to pile on and basically bankrupt him to, courtesy of the shining knight friend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

How dare you write a story, where the wife doesn’t end up mentally broken, on a pole, or in jail, and the husband doesn’t find a 25 year old model to marry, while he gets custody of his children, and wins the lottery. The nerve of you!

I guess that a lot of readers didn’t understand that this was a story about loss of trust, and paranoia, nothing else, I’m sure if you would change the genders of the MCs it would be raining five stars, and accolades on you. Thank god you have the nerve to write the story you want to write, and you don’t cave in to the BTBers. Thank you for your time and effort, and please don’t let the naysayers change your stories. KS

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

Only 3 stars, the missing explanation is primarily the reason.

Buster2UBuster2Ualmost 2 years ago

That smug bitch wife loves that she could destroy her husband and get everyone to agree with her that she didn't do anything wrong. Except of course Destroy her hardworking honest husban. She puposely made it look like she was cheating, purposely got a job working weekends, and did evrything she could to drive her husband insane with jealousy. Using her hubby;s weakness of his insecurity against him she destroyed a good man just to prove she could do it. And at the same time get everyone to say she didn't do anything wrong. What a Sleazy POS bitch. Hubby works 16 days to support her family and she just shits on him all she can. Hubby should have gotten a PI to get pictures and surprise the shit out that bitch.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayalmost 2 years ago

I often despair at the btb comments. There are so many bitter men out there who, in spite of how the male protagonist acts, back him 100%. What an insecure, misogynistic man. And yes, I am a dude. Having said that, I enjoy this author but remain annoyed at how every male character is portrayed as being unreasonable to a fault. This, combined with a wishy washy demeanor gets annoying after a while.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

He was invited to attend the dinner only as an after thought to show it was not a date. What was he to think? She flirted and flaunted in front of other guys and it appears she purposely did into torment the guy. She could have communicated much better but she enjoyed playing on the guys weakness. Then, she lets her "boy friend" boss take him to the cleaners. If she did love the guy but just still want a divorce, she should have intervened and not ruin the man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Of course some man hating witch wrote this trash.

RUN FROM THIS AUTHOR!

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 2 years ago
Interesting,

...with problems.

Who is "Erin"? It looked like that was Izzy, then it seemed like a misrepresentation of "Mum."

Our narrator found a job and triggered bizarre behavior in James? His "refusal to allow her to work" versus her newfound independence seems the start of the conflict. Her lack of compassion simply fanned the flames of his ire. Did he hold the majority of the blame?

Mum heads off to the sunset with a fresh, younger squeeze, AND the loyalty of the kids. Is this a typical BTB reversal?

I found the ending quite flat. I guess the author's message is that THIS TIME it is the male who has gone off the rails and is now bitter and broke.

Overall, well written but with a feeling (IMO) of being partially unresolved. Thank you for an interesting read.

Keep 'em comin'.

Opinionated1Opinionated1almost 2 years ago

another "trash the guy" story from this author..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not sure how I feel about this one. It was of course a well written story, because Cagivagurl is an excellent writer. But, the husband is really given no depth, beyond what a great guy he was before the wife went to work. The reader is given no hint of anything. And, the family seemed to have no interest in finding out why the behavior change occurred.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is good realistic down to earth story about a man doing a good job of self destruction. Yep,like a lot of readers who responded said on this and her stories,a good writer but hates men. If you like women who cheat, indecisive men and wimps,this is the author to follow.

She is a very good writer and can spin some good tales,just expect a lot of MCs and scenarios that are hard to accept.

DenaliFXDenaliFXover 1 year ago

I am now over 70, but I know two Dad's who were as bad or worse than James. For the wives, the situation was intolerable. One of the women was my wife's aunt and she had to leave her house with a suitcase. The kids ended up on her side as the Dad totally refused to see reality. The woman ended up as a housemother in an all woman's college with a pack of young women around her who thought she walked on water. I believe there are many family 'bread-wnners who fit perfectly into this realistic story. James was a bully and control freak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

And finally she fuck another man. That was the true intention. A good plot to destroy a boring stupid husband. You all the husband should read this. This is new method of reverse btb. If you a cavemen marrying to intelect moderat women and not giving what they want, you'll get fuck up the rest of your lives. Ahh.. and still, if you do good, you still get fuck up, but you just don't know it.

DenaliFXDenaliFXover 1 year ago

The story is fantastically well written and describes much of the U.S. post WWII family building success hounds. To summarize: I am rich and successful. You wives (and often teenagers) are not allowed to show any independence. If the wife makes money, the husband is belittled. God help if the child gets a summer or part-time job! The wives were Moms, sometimes bed warmers but often only ornaments. Over 45? You are done. - no reason to live except as a grandma babysitter. This story describes that - all too common - situation. And it does it fairly. What is awful are the low scores and the incredibly antideluvian comments from anonymous readers. Women's liberation be damned is what they are saying.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...