All Comments on 'How Did It Ever Come To This'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 375 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Gee who could have guessed, cagivamisandristgurl wrote the husband at fault....again

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thought this was a very good story, well done, unfortunately not particularly implausible - certainly the male character was no more implausible than a lot of the cheating wives in these stories. What I found striking was the low rating. Obviously a lot of male readers of these stories are pretty bitter people who think every story should be about how some wonderful male was shifted by some crappy unbelievably horrible - even psychopathic - female. Wow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This author can really write...sadly she chooses to write crap such as this. What a waste of talent. one star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written, but a very sad tale of woe and despair. The emotional breakdown of a hurting individual who is soooo lost - is and should have been an opportunity to address the emotional and mental breakdown needs of someone, or anyone, so severely and desperately in need of therapy and counseling!!!! We believe you missed an opportunity that is seriously needed by so many.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I reread the story. Sadly, I have to say my first opinion was correct; a good writer has written a terrible story about a mean vicious wife, and can't see why many of us are so unhappy with her writing. Again, what a waste of talent on such a crap story.

RubiconXRubiconXover 1 year ago

This story is most definitely NOT crap. I saw a cousin of mine go through a very similar situation - her husband accused her of cheating when virtually all the evidence proved he was completely wrong. I also knew for a fact that what he claimed was evidence was wrong because I knew the real details. The poor guy had a psychotic break and none of us could convince him that he was virtually delusional. Saddest thing I ever saw. He destroyed what had been a nice family and my poor cousin never got over the damage he wrought. And neither did her sadly psychotic ex-husband. Cagivagurl wrote this story very well and yes, anonymous, this is a terrible story but only because this kind of tragic thing can and does happen. Well done, Cagivagurl.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"It is so sad to see what was once a wonderful vibrant man cut down by jealousy and insecurities."

Sums up the story

Pjam1968Pjam1968over 1 year ago

I re-read this and still a 5stars

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Corner a man, take everything from him, leave him with nothing left to lose, and then wonder why he goes to fuckwad Graeme's office with a satchel full of firearms...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You just hate men right ? When the mc is a woman , she always win, separate, found another love and never goes wimp.

But when the mc is a man, he go wimpy and forgive everytime , the wife just win in these situation to

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

James is your brain on Loving Wives. Oh, she's got a job she's successful in and a good relationship with her boss, she must be having an affair! I've seen it happen, jealousy eats at somebody's reason and they believe the worst without having any evidence, then don't believe in the evidence that proves them wrong. Sad, really...

... To say Caviga hates men is ridiculous. What's the point of writing a character with convictions if nobody's gonna test them? I've been in the situations these stories describe, trying to reconcile with someone who betrayed me because the people I love want me to, plus feelings are just hard to get rid of. And honestly, if she had been remorseful or changed, I'd be in a reconciliation story, and sometimes I wish I was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She was totally cheating.

Amanda saw the same thing James saw during that dance that's why:

"I hope you don't mind. When Graeme said you were celebrating, I thought I would invite myself."

Graeme hadn't invited Amanda, it was going to be yet another date for the two adulterers.

It's a shame James let his feelings run roughshod and acted without any firm evidence..

Erin being the typical Cavigagurl female character; a PI would've caught her committing adultery within a couple of months, max.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
I couldn’t get past the first page.

No one should to put up with a controlling, un-communicative, resentful shite like James. What a asshole.

Any human being in such a situation should get out as quickly as possible.

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

2nd read and WOW, reading some of these comments, I have to ask what the hell story did they read? James was a blithering idiot and egotistically driven to the n'th degree of stupidity. Plus he had a LOUD bitter mouth that he should have kept shut; James would not talk to his wife but would verbally defecate on her and her firms owner's reputation. James deserved what he got plus a life a self inflicted misery and likely a loss of his children.

\

I bump this story up from a 4* to a 5*, mainly to offset the asshole readers on an anti wife agenda.

\

5*****, Hooyah, Salutes.... [and I'm a chauvinist x-sailor]

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

yet another story by this author that turns the MC into the bad guy 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She should have phoned the Mandy, she is as much to blame as him

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What is the point of this story? Why would anyone waste their time reading it? It's drivel. At least make it interesting....pull the rabbit out of the hat at the end and have James, a hardworking reasonable man, pull out the investigator's report (with photos) of the boss and his wife hooking up. I simply hate this male self-hatred, cuck, bullshit. If it gets you off, then I pity you.

NegateGivityNegateGivityover 1 year ago

I enjoyed this story. What is going on with the comments though. It is implicitly stated Erin never had an affair. It's right there in black and white. You kn9w she didn't because she was written to have not had an affair. And most of the comments are "Nooooooo, she had affair!" And "James need Kill Grame!"

How? Like seriously how? These are fictional characters and their actions are right there for you to read, and they still can't bother to understand that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No more Cagivagurl girl for me. The main male characters are generally wimpy and cast in a bad light. I think Cagivagurl could be a terrific author if he/she didn't hate strong male characters. Tired of it. 1*

danbo56danbo56over 1 year ago

disregarding the comments below i enjoyed this story but for me it's not finished do we ever find out what happened to James why he turned the way he did come Cagivagurl there is a another couple of chapters here we are missing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No respect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

so let me see - man worked his life hard to succeed and support his family - and she could give a fuck. He's jealous - well maybe stop the flirting and causing the flairup. And then you purposely destroy him with his boss. Fuck this author and the story. 1*

AmazonmtmAmazonmtmover 1 year ago

How on earth do you angry men read this and still feel like James is the victim? Lol I hope the author gets a good kick out of your outbursts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love the outpouring of hate against the James... It sums up our society nicely. Sum up : guy works for 20plus years insane hours to provide for his family. Wife gets bored and decides to get a job (why now? Why not esrleir to help? I leave you to guess).

Starts flirting with people and supposedly "not having an affair" which is as believable as Trump being secretly an honest and upstanding guy.

She goes after everything the guy has solo built over the past 20 plus years. House, business, assets everything. She managed to destroy 20plus years of his hard work in what did the author say "a few months".

So she was fine when he worked insane hours and supported her it was all cool while she was entertained but now that he has done his job time to fuck around and then for him to find out how screwed he is.

Also signed affidavits from Gream and his wife... Like really... This is like presenting a signed affidavit from the bank robbery getaway driver that they "didn't actually rob the bank"

Sigh I have seen this play in real life and it hurts... Wife took on a boy toy, put in false abuse charges. My friend worked very well paying job that has a moral clause. Was fired just for having charges against him. Took his own life as he saw the life he built over 30 years crumble around him. His wife? Got community service for filing a false police report... This story reminds me so much of my mate I hope he is somewhere better or nowhere I guess the void is better, all things considered.

WillmottWillmottover 1 year ago

Meh. Hate when suggestions point me to this author. Always males badthinking, or inept, weak, etc

MarkTwineMarkTwineover 1 year ago

The incels are going nuts over this one. These rabid knuckle draggers will never get laid if they keep this up.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

It's an interesting study of, what? Paranoid jealousy? Insecurity over unfinished education? Without us readers ever finding anything to explain it? James' family history we were never told? Someone else he knew? We are given nothing here. Is the story meant to be something more than a rant about irrationality? Is James mentally ill?

xfac2021xfac2021over 1 year ago

Sorry but no. I love this author's writing but this story was unfocused rage for no rational purpose deteriorating to total destruction for no real reason.

TechumsahTechumsahabout 1 year ago

So she loved him but let him self implode and now she is fine and got a younger man? You painted him as having mental health issues and she just bailed? Sounds like a self serving bitch that honestly didn't try real hard. If my wife was that unstable and said that to me I am staying home to fix the issue. She should feel guilty she let the father of her children fall into despair/depression/mental illness for a little self gratification and recognition. Most of your female characters that are not in your lesbian or romance stories are selfish but this one takes the cake. Great writing as always just to many shitty people in this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I assume this was an experiment by the author to see how determined many of the readers are that there is almost no such thing as a bad husband (as long as he pays the bills and doesn't cheat). This husband was pathological, and still these readers can't deal with the man being wrong. I'm expected these reactions, but I'm still impressed. There are a lot of aggrieved, really insecure men out there. (I especially like the ones who say 'this author is always anti-husband' but continue to read his stories and complain.). I wonder what the correlation is between being one of these pro-men-forever readers and being a Trump voter. Interesting result either way, I think. (I don't expect any correlation to be pro-man-forever and anti-Trump, but it's possible there's no strong correlation, which I would find interesting - though I don't expect it).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why did noone ask james for his evidence of an affair? if all he had was personal belief, maybe court wld have ordered a mental eval vs usual useless counseling?

Very puzzled by this story, James never claimed he had evidence. If to him, her getting a job was ipso facto evidence that she was having an affair, then his 16hr 7 days a week work would also be ipso facto evidence that he had or had the potential opportunity for many affairs, no? I think that something went wrong in his brain triggered by her going to work, or her going to work reignited a long past trauma that manifested in insecurity? particular specific insanity? an absolute belief that she was having an affair? Not much of a believer in psychiatry or psychoanalysis but those types can always come up w/ some reason for anyone actions regardless of how extreme or idiotic they are. But i must admit his rigid self destructive belief in his "cause" makes me very curious as to what it was based on.

Now me, and how id react to an actual affair, especially if im james and in full gotterdammerung (TEOTWAWKI)mode, willing to sacrifice anything to make the wrongdoers pay, bla bla bla; 1st i make all my $ disappear, sell my business and make that $ disappear. Dont forget im self destructive, want to ruin the bitch, and ignore the fact that at this point in time a divorce wont hurt her even if she gets none of my $, cuz shes so successful at selling houses. So taken away $ that she could retire on, what else can i take that divorce might give her? the house she loves the house, BURN it to the ground and since im taking no prisoners , try killing may her kids be4(my kids too? but self destructive) maybe try killing lover and family?(real james doesnt want to kill anyone ? but I do), maybe try to destroy business of lover as well as kill him, maybe get some collateral damage(remember, its TEOTWAWKI for me, no viable future) anybody who gets hurt in my rage, its toughtski shitski. Afterthought, kill members of her birth family, and random friends of hers( i dont have any except for workers?), last thing is burn down the house she loved, with me in it, give myself a viking funeral w/ house as funeral pyre vs longboat. rk

cyendreycyendreyabout 1 year ago

I’m giving this a 2 because it left the main story line plot unresolved. I feel like everyone got suckered somehow. Maybe the wife did have a relationship, but her boss was just a red herring to get her husband to latch onto. Maybe her new husband was always there in the background, hidden by the glare of the distraction the wife created with her boss. That “feels’ more probable than her husband going off the deep end for no reason. Her constant praise of what her husband sacrificed for the family begins to seem patronizing and even slyly sneering by the end.

One two odd details, on her ‘date’ wither her boss and his wife. Yes, she did invite her husband, but only after he warned her not to return if she left, which is NOT how she presented it to everyone else. The other is the time she was gone doesn’t ‘fit’ the time required for the husband to pack and remove literally everything that was his from the home. Not the amount of items inferred by the wife anyway - that would take several hours to pack and move even with a crew to help. It almost seems like there is a misding day between leaving on her date, and returning to an empty house.

IMO - YMMV

Busman19639Busman19639about 1 year ago

A sad story but well written.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This is fiction, there are no women like this. If there is one, only the writer knew her.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion12 months ago

I gave it 3-stars. Let me explain my score. The writing is in my opinion, 4.5-stars. The story line is a 1.5-stars. Combined they are 3-stars. I couldn't sympathize with either of them. Both were too hardheaded. She wouldn't recognize how much it bothered him for her return to the work force and he couldn't see how much she needed to interact with other people and not be imprisoned in their home. She should have tried to work with him in their business. Even if it was just answering the phone or being a Girl Friday, they would have possibly been able to make it work. She admitted they didn't need the money. Very sad all the way around.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

James is clearly suffering from a type of paranoid disorder; not the schizophrenic type but a severe personality disorder marked by a fixed delusion. He is totally unable to accept reality, or to accept any other version of the truth than his own. Very sad, but she is better off without him.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA11 months ago

I liked the way the story was told. I felt sorry for the wife as she tried to work through the situation. The crux of the [problem was James wanted to control every aspect of the relationship and felt he was owed the only say so. Just because a man works his ass off to support his family doesn't give hum the right not to communicate. Once he cut back then he should have sat down with his wife and planned out a life together. He never gave her or their marriage a chance

nawtdognawtdog11 months ago

You changed the story to fit your ending. Mandy went from being the boss's wife to the MC's best friend and coworker?

The MC would have known immediately if Mandy was going to dinner.

Also I think if Erin had polys, and other proof of her innocence she would have taken these to her husband and kids immediately to prove her story rather than waiting for the kids to show up and confront her.

And what was the point of the concert, that ties in poorly. Did he buy tix as a way for them to reconnect after she started working, did she? She just seems jealous of his passion for the music, but doesn't tell us anything she does to try and get that passion for herself.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman11 months ago

interesting, I guess. 3 pages and just a sad ending..

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

How did it come to this? A very simple reason. James said don’t go and Erin went anyway. You can’t do things when, for whatever reason, your spouse asks you not to. Whatever James problem(s) were she just didn’t give a damn. One reasonable explanation for James seemingly over reacting might be his previous wife cheated on him with her boss. Doesn’t justify his behavior but might explain it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The husband "James" is completely off his rocker. There seemed no cheating going on, though I agree she shouldn't have gone out but James just seems demented.

tazyloadtazyload10 months ago

Would have been more satisfying if the source of his insecurities was unveiled. As soon as it mentioned that his parents were in the courtroom I got my hopes up that there would be something from them but it wasn't to be. Good writing but I'm personally left unsatisfied.

WisquejacWisquejac10 months ago

Well written and interesting. Thanks.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhino9 months ago

It seems as though the author was unable to come up with a valid reason for James' behaviour so effectively didn't try!

Left the story unfinished and unsatisfactory.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt9 months ago

Why was James so bitter? Was there a family background of his behavior? Who were his parents? Otherwise, a good story, just left feeling incomplete... thanks.

Jonn22Jonn228 months ago

Like dementia or Alzheimer's and they just never diagnosed it correctly

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirt8 months ago

Frontal lobe dementia would explain it…. I’ve known two women, about ready to divorce their husbands who had become completely different people, and then a crisis caused tests to be run that showed that was the problem.

I found it disheartening that her kids were so willing to believe his story without even giving her a chance to tell her side.

She had no affair, she did nothing wrong except marry a man who ended up losing it. Misogynists , you have no game in this one…

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19698 months ago

I disliked that tale intensely. bunch of stubborn characters and no one with enough bravery and strength to communicate the other into reality.

-husband blows up his life over his paranoia about his wife's job

-wife ruins husband over his paranoia about her job

seems to end with an "oh well" bit of indifference.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Really different story with an incredible plot. Why James couldn't see the truth is beyond me. He must have deep seated issues which he wouldn't talk about to anyone. All I can guess is he was mentally ill in some form. Terrible result and fallout for the family. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The character of James is typical of a self-centered egotistical personality. super controlling and unforgiving... with such a character it's all Me-me-me-me. Nothing about we or us... a personality trait the wife somehow missed... I've seen this happen a couple of times... At first, the man is all nice, loving, caring, etc. then after marriage that person does a complete reversal... thinking more like a caveman claiming his spouse with a club..."I kill animal, toss it to wife, she cleans and cooks it.. has babies and is his slave..." and that's it. nothing else... My opinion.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

People do stupid things all the time the guy should have went to get wards shoe with her.

muskyboymuskyboy6 months ago

Nope, her job meant a lot more to her than her husband did. No matter how it ended he was better off without her. Hateful bitch never loved him.

NegateGivityNegateGivity6 months ago

How can anyone rational read this and be on James's side? It is expressly stated that Erin did not do anything. It's not up for interpretation, it is given as a cold hard fact. If you do identify with James, you are a psychopath. He's not a tragic hero. He's a bitter, pathetic loser who destroyed multitude lives for nothing. Anyone who identifies with him is equally as pathetic as he ends up.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy606 months ago

Another modern feminist trash story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

SOOO, she didn't cheat but she did enough to make her husband think she did and then sets up to harvest the rewards from all his hard work over the years. And the Folder she gave to her son, the one that had been created by her legal team and the spin doctors, nope. Modern trash, -5 stars but that can't be done so no vote at all. Respect, Trust, Honor, these are even more important in a relationship than Fidelity, if any one of those are lost the whole house of cards comes falling down. She is just as responsible for what happened, in fact, the way she got out in front of it so easily it's almost as if she had it planned.

JusteenKJusteenK6 months ago

Half a story. No reason given for the husbands ludicrous behaviour. It's like the author wrote themselves into a corner and then gave up trying to come up with anything even remotely plausible.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

AGREE,

Author finally got lost in all of the b.s. all of the stories accumulate, until f8naly all the crap overflows. Take a break.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA6 months ago

I cannot believe the comments. This is a great example of a jerk with an insecurity complex and a 20 century attitude. Oh. dear he worked so hard...what bullshit. She isn't allowed to do anything g without his permission. He got exactly what he deserved..Fuck him. Also very good character development and many good segways from the semi rational to over the cliff stupidity. Finally I think any story that socialites so many emotions has to be considered well written 5/5.

alexsifanalexsifan6 months ago

In every story of this author, there's only man that is in the fault or he is the one getting humiliation. But at the very least in this one the children are with him. The worst is in the "My Wife and the Singer" where my cheated on husband and then there's the whole media knows about it. The Kids accused their mother but convinced their father to forgive her, and also took her side. Can you believe your wife cheating on you then it's broadcasted in the tv and your children wanting you to forgive her. This story is the only where kids took their father's side.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Hard to believe someone is that blind and stubborn to the point of cutting his nose off to spite his face. He's convinced beyond all reason with no actual proof or even anything reasonable that she's having an affair. Is it projection? Does he need it to be true to cover up for something he did? It doesn't make much sense to me to sacrifice their marriage for this. Very odd one I admit. And no closure at the end either. Sorry this was just a waste of time to read. Completely unbelievable that anyone would behave that way even in these LW stories. Had to give it 1 star, something I've only very rarely done in the hundreds of stories I've read on here. I really wonder what the point of this story was.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

That is the worst story I have ever read! Obviously a bitter,nasty, man hating woman just spewing her hate. Stories like this should have a warning label saying "bitter bitch venting her spleen in a story with no redeeming qualities, read at your own risk"!!! Negative 100 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wish there’d been some sort of “view from James” here. I think this would have been perfect to start off with the stereotypical “wife is going on a date and husband says that if she leaves then the marriage is over”, then switch to her perspective and show nothing untoward was happening. But still, an engaging read.

Why are people in the comments writing fan fiction about “how it really happened”? Is the behavior of James less believable than someone suddenly going “after 25 years of marriage I have decided I will date other people, and you must accept this or I will turn everyone against you!”? Any rational person says no.

SaltySurpriseSaltySurprise5 months ago

I hate stories where the the husband gets screwed by the wife and the judicial system

I normally give a fair rating for cagivagurl but on this occasion this story really sucked. Nearly all of the stories written by this author is RAAC

even though most of the time the wife falls does this author ever write where the husband actually wins ?

Darren

Asterisk42Asterisk425 months ago

I wish we could see the downfall. It jumps from one dance to nuclear. Maybe pt 2 from his view?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

1* for this garbage. Really, what a man hating bitch. She had no love for her husband who gave her everything, but it wasn't good enough. So she ended up marrying a younger man that gave her the sexual satisfaction she craved. Is that what this wall about, she didn't get enough sex?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This seemed utterly contrived. All from.one dance? Guess James had serious mental issues. Or the author skipped the plot. Meh whatever. Doesn't seem to reflect reality at all. Throughout she cannot understand what is happening and why James is off his rocker. No elucidation. Not even any understanding from James afterwards. Nothing from his perspective. Nada.

OlefishermanOlefisherman3 months ago

The author created a scenario that put the woman ahead in a win win situation and why not look at who the author is. So what do you expect. Fairness I think not. What you got was a self biography I won't call it a auto-biography because only the author can do that but comments were invited so here is mine.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wish I'd had sense enough to look at the author before reading this shit. Typical man hating trash.

BSreaderBSreader3 months ago
She

Said she was entertaining thoughts of having an affair with one of the other salesmen.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I’m not a Cagivagurl apologist by any means. Some of her RAAC stories about craven husbands who put up with absolute crap from slut wives are stupid. In this case I think all the naysayers are misogynistic arseholes who only ever blame the woman. James was a control freak beyond doubt and probably psychologically or pathologically fixated on dominating their relationship. There was no suggestion that she was unfaithful and she tried everything to stop the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Interesting to read the comments. When a woman is irrational and a man "burn the bitch" that is widely accepted, here the roles are reversed and the comments are hateful, generally, without any thinking. There are valid questions though:

While she was a stay at home mom, and needed a provider, she had no real problems with him, which is unbelievable.

If the husband was working extremely long hours and on several weekends, there were no chance for him to build stronger bond with the children than the wife. So why the children trusted him more than the wife?

Why he was not invited to participate on the celebratory dinner in advance? I might missed it, but I cannot remember any advance invitation only when he arrived home and his wife was already preparing to leave.

Tomh1966Tomh1966about 1 month ago

Thank you Cagivagurl for one thing in this story. There was no doubt the husband was at fault and no ambiguity of 'did she?'

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

You do have a weird habit of tossing in a comma whenever a name appears! They are not necessary and halt the flow of the text. Please erase them!

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy6019 days ago

Full of female bullshit, It's always the husband's fault. The bitch was having an emotional affair plain and simple. She invited him after the fact. This shit was written from a females perspective. C.U.N.T.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...