How I Got Into Waxing - Pt. 01

Story Info
The start of my career as a waxing specialist.
13.1k words
4.56
13.9k
18
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 04/25/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

How I got into waxing - Part 1

This story is based, very, very loosely, on true events. None of the names are original and I've used a lot of artistic license and pure fiction to bulk it all out. I do hope you like it. This is the first story I've written specifically for this site. K. G.

It first began with me trimming my wife's pubic hair many years ago. We used to trim it progressively closer and closer until we got to the point where we changed to shaving. Jane had tried to do this herself a couple of times, but got into a bit of a mess with cuts and missed bits, etc. Then I offered to do it for her because, obviously, having shaved my face since my early teens, I was quite proficient at the task. After the first time I shaved her she agreed that I was much better at it than she was and she awarded me the job for life. Shaving added a new excitement to our sex lives and we used it to great effect, incorporating it into our planning and love play. Jane found that it dramatically increased her sensitivity and her pleasure and the intensity of her orgasms!

Over the next couple of years we were fairly intermittent with the procedure as the kids were still quite young and as with all young families, tiredness played a key part. Lack of spare time led us to finding ourselves on holiday one year and we hadn't had time to even trim her thatch, let alone shave it, for several weeks. We were at a large holiday destination on the south coast, which was more like a major city situated at the coast, than a holiday resort and whilst walking through the town we came across a beauty parlour with an advert for personal waxing in the window (bear in mind that this was long before waxing became as popular as it is today). After seeing the sign I asked if she'd like to give it a try as she was in need of a trim, at the very least and this would be a chance to sample waxing to see if she liked it. She had been toying with the idea for some time and was curious. Although she felt a little worried about possible pain, she agreed to try it and went in to book an appointment for that afternoon (the proprietor had to switch on the wax heater and let it warm up first, as there wasn't a lot of call for it, at the time).

Cutting a long story short we turned up at the appointed time and I left her there, taking the kids across the road to a café to wait for her. She came across to us about twenty minutes later looking positively grey! She said it had been one of the most painful experiences of her life, after giving birth. Later, she described the procedure; as she was only having a bikini trim, the lady had told her to tuck her knickers in at the sides of her gusset and then applied the wax in two swathes up either side of her groin and applied the fabric strips. Without even attempting to stretch the skin to make it taught, she had then torn the strips off, BANG, BANG! The pain, Jane said, was excruciating and was still stinging very much. It did in fact stay very sore for about four days and took over a week to fully calm down. This put her off of waxing for a very long time. However! When I felt the skin where she'd been waxed it felt fantastically smooth and she eventually had to agree that it did feel wonderful, but also said that she couldn't go through that much pain again!

So we went back to shaving, where it had become an integral part of our regular "fun-time" together. Eventually, we'd shave her at least once a week. It was like a ritual that we'd look forward to with excitement. Giving her oral after shaving her was awesome and we both loved it. She used to tell me, when I'd finished shaving her, that I had to "test the area" (with my tongue) to make sure she was smooth enough! But I never forgot how smooth she'd felt after that waxing session.

Over time, we'd see the occasional program on TV that mentioned waxing and Brazilians, etc. and then one day, whilst reading a "gentleman's" magazine, there was an article about a model who said she used sugar to remove her hair as it was quicker and less painful. The article didn't go into any detail and I showed it to my wife who said, "Oh, I've seen that somewhere, I'll keep a lookout for it". Coincidentally, at about that time, we also saw a programme on TV from inside a beauty parlour, where a beautician was applying what looked like a squishy ball of 'something' to a client's arm, smoothing it out and then quickly whipping it off before re-applying it and it occurred to me that this could possibly be "sugaring". There was no actual mention of what she was doing but I couldn't imagine what else it could be.

Anyway, a couple of weeks went by and my wife came home from town with a plastic tub containing sugaring solution that she'd bought at a 'Body Shop'. The instructions said to heat the tub in the microwave and then, using a spatula, spread it on a small area, in the direction of hair growth and then, using a cotton strip pressed down onto the area, pull the skin taught and pull off the strip against the direction of growth. It seemed a reasonable process but my wife felt some considerable trepidation regarding the pain. To get around, this I said that I'd try it on my arm first to see how it was. I have to admit that the first time I tried it I got into an awful mess! I put far too much on and in too thick a coat. When I tried to pull the strip off, it was like pulling my foot out of one of those "sticky mouse trap" things. It didn't pull the hair out and it didn't even remove the sugary syrup type stuff from my arm. I decided to play around with it and see if I could get it to work. I found some articles in Jane's magazine rack and began to learn. (I should point out that this is long before the advent of the internet and Google and there was nothing in our local libraries -- just asking about it in there was extremely embarrassing!)

My first mistake had been trying to do too much in one go! Also, I read that it's best to apply talc to the area first so that the sugar doesn't stick to the skin. Temperature too is important -- I've found that 40 to 50oC is about the maximum that can be easily tolerated, although for certain types of wax, it may be necessary to go rather higher, but more on that later. So anyway, I practiced and tried various methods until I found a way that worked. First of all a light dusting of talc well smoothed in and then (at first) using a spatula, take a small amount of the warmed sugar and spread it in the direction of hair growth, as thinly as possible. (Covering only a small area at a time reduces the pain levels dramatically.) Then take a cotton fabric strip, press and smooth it onto the waxed area. Hold the skin taught with one hand and in a single, rapid motion, pull the strip off against the direction of growth. I found that using this method on my forearm caused the least amount of pain. I tried patches on other areas (thighs; chest; pubis) and providing the hair was trimmed down to about a quarter of an inch, there was relatively little pain. I later found an even better method, but more on that, later.

After trying things out on myself, my wife agreed to try it herself. We let the hair on her bikini area grow for three weeks, until it was long enough to wax and she allowed me to wax just her bikini line to start with. She immediately remarked that the way I was doing it was a lot more comfortable than when she'd had it done on holiday and as I was only doing small areas in any one go, although it wasn't painless, it was easily bearable! In fact, it felt so much better that she let me do the whole of her pubic area -- a full Hollywood! Afterwards, she reported that, although the area was quite sensitive, she was definitely NOT sore and considering that she'd had it ALL done she was amazed by how little pain was involved! She insisted, again, that I use my tongue to test the area and of course, this led into a full blown session, Jane having a tremendous climax and myself marvelling at the smoothness of her vulva!

The next evening she reported that she wasn't even sensitive anymore and that she just felt gloriously smooth. After that experience she used to get me to sugar her every four to five weeks. And she stayed smooth for at least fifteen to twenty days, before there was any appreciable re-growth. Unlike when we'd shaved her, when it did start to grow back, the hairs were fine and soft and not the slightest bit prickly.

I should say that we also tried several 'crème' waxes, as well, including a 'tea tree oil' wax, but didn't get on so well with those and she felt that they were a bit more painful than the sugar. In the end, we just stuck to the sugar as it was so effective.

She expressed a desire to wax (sugar) my chest and back and I tried very hard to teach her how to do it. Unfortunately, she was not the practical type and after making quite a mess on several attempts, she gave up trying and try as I might, it's really difficult to wax/sugar yourself! Years later, we met a lady that did mobile waxing and Jane persuaded her to come over and wax me, but that's another story entirely, which I may go into at another time.

Using the micro-wave to heat the sugar really wasn't practical as it proved difficult to control and maintain the temperature to any degree of accuracy so we eventually decided to buy a proper wax heater. I found a twin pot wax heater that met our needs quite well and we started experimenting with different types of sugars and waxes, eventually learning about hard wax, or wax foil as it is also known. This type of wax sets hard and goes on in a fairly thick coat. You must use talc with it to prevent it sticking to the skin, but foil wax was a revelation. It is the most painless way to rip the hair out of a person's skin! When using the sugar, my wife rated the pain level as about 6/10, which isn't too bad. But with the hard wax she said it was 3-4/10, even in the most sensitive areas. And after I tested it on my own arms I had to agree with her -- I couldn't believe how little pain was involved. There was, however, a downside in that the hard wax is not as efficient at removing all of the hair and also, the act of ripping the wax (or the cotton strips) off against the direction of growth also meant that some (a small percentage) of the hairs were not actually pulled out by the root, but were broken off at skin level. Eventually, we arrived at the method of; remove the bulk of the hair using the foil wax and then finish off with the sugar. The final result was beautifully smooth.

At around this time, I started buying the waxes and sugar from a professional supplier (I blagged my way in and kidded them that I was buying for my wife's salon) and looking through their catalogue for sugar products, I noticed that there were two main types; there was "strip" sugar and sugar "paste". Never having heard of sugar "paste", I made enquiries and ended up buying a couple of tubs. The assistant informed me that the paste is used cold, without the need for strips and gave me a couple of brochures describing its use. It turned out to be that "spongy-looking ball" thing I'd seen, years before, on that TV programme.

I have to say that, of all the different waxing methods I'd been learning, this one was by far the most difficult to get a grip on (I won't say master, because I don't feel that I've even come close to mastering it). Searching the internet, I found several videos demonstrating the use of sugar paste and through trials and tribulations, I eventually did get to grips with it. This method is very different from other methods in that, instead of putting the sugar on in the direction of growth, you apply it against the growth by spreading it towards the hair follicles, repeatedly, before quickly flicking it off in the direction of growth. The advantage of this is that the sugar, which is a natural product, is actually forced into the follicle, gripping the hair below skin level and the hair is pulled out in its natural direction. It gives a more complete depilation, reduces broken hairs and in the process, extracts more hair in one go than wax gets. I find it to be quite a bit quicker than waxing as the sugar is in your hand the whole time and you don't have to keep dipping the wax and putting the spatula down! The downside is that, because it's so much more efficient, pulling out more hair in one go, it is also more painful, for most people, particularly for pubic hair and I consequently tend to use it as a finishing aid in that region, rather than the main hair removal method, although it's fine for doing legs and most other body areas.

After a while, I realised that I could apply this "against the direction of growth" method to the strip sugar, as well, especially in the pubic area. After waxing with a hard wax, to remove the bulk of the hair, I began using the strip sugar, against growth direction, to remove the strays. The effect is a beautifully smooth wax job, which on some, stays smooth for up to three weeks and when the hairs do start to come through, they are so fine that they never become prickly.

By this time I had been sugaring and waxing my wife for about ten years and was quite proficient at it. One Friday, whilst I was at work, my wife's best friend, Sharon, a divorced lady that is always round here and who has a couple of (grown-up) kids of her own, came round. She often comes round in the evenings and we play cards, have a pizza and a couple of bottles of wine. Anyway, they were trying on each other's clothes when Sharon said she'd noticed that Jane didn't seem to have any pubes poking out of the sides of her knickers and asked if she shaved. Being a little embarrassed at the question, Jane replied, "No, I get waxed!" Her friend was intrigued and began asking all sorts of questions because she'd tried waxing, herself and found it very painful. She asked where my wife went for this service and eventually she had to admit that I did it for her and that she didn't find it particularly painful at all.

"What do you mean it isn't painful? It hurts like hell!" Sharon declared.

Jane then told her about the first time she'd been waxed and how painful it was. She went on to say that we'd done a lot of research into the subject and that I'd learnt how to do it for her in a reasonably painless way and that she now had it done every month or so and had done for many years, the result being that her hair had now become so much finer and was therefore even less painful to remove.

"Wow!" she said, "Does he just wax you there, or what? Does he do your legs and armpits, too? Does he wax ALL of your bush, or leave a strip, or patch of hair?"

"Oh, he does everything; armpits; arms; legs, everything! I don't have any hair below my chin, at all!"

"OMG! Some of my friends at the gym have a full body wax and they pay a fortune! They've been getting on at me to get waxed, 'cos they can see mine poking out, but as I said, I always found it too painful, so I just shaved for a while. But I kept cutting myself and it got dead rough and prickly as well, so I stopped altogether! When it gets too thick now, I use hair clippers just to shorten them a bit, but even that makes me itch!"

"Yeah, I know what you mean. I suppose I'm lucky really, having a devoted husband to do it for me. And I never complain about it. He just did it for me, last Sunday!"

"Er, can I see? You know, have a look? Would you mind?"

By now, Jane's shyness was beginning to assert itself and she tried to avert attention away from Sharon's inquisitiveness, but Sharon was persistent and eventually agreed to lower her pants part way to allow her to see how smooth she was.

"Oh wow, that looks so smooth. Can I touch it, just with the back of my fingers? I want to feel how smooth you are!"

Feeling helplessly trapped by the situation, again, Jane gave in to Sharon's request and allowed her to touch the area of skin that was exposed, just above her clitoral hood, where her valley of love began.

"Oh, that really is smooth." Sharon said and very quickly, in contradiction to what she'd requested, she turned her hand over, feeling Jane with her sensitive finger tips. "And you say he did it nearly a week ago?" Following Jane's nod of confirmation, she went on, "I wish I could get mine done like that. I don't think I'd be able to keep my hands off myself! With the kids and all, I've not had a fella for, ooh, about two years, or more. Janice (another of their divorced, shared friends) said that if I went much longer, I'd be in danger of my virginity coming back!"

I think that at this point, they started to discuss their sex lives. Jane wouldn't say anymore and went quiet about that part, when she told me about it all, in bed that night.

When I got home a little later, Jane announced that Sharon was staying for dinner as her kids were visiting her ex-husband for a few days, to which I merely acquiesced. After the kids had gone to bed, the three of us settled down with a couple of drinks.

The girls were talking amongst themselves and I was reading the paper. Then Sharon turned to me and said, "Jane's been telling me about how you do her waxing. Do you enjoy it?"

Taking me completely by surprise, I think I blushed a deep crimson and spluttered my drink a little. I had no idea how to respond and I wasn't yet aware of their earlier discussion. I looked at Jane and then Sharon and back to Jane, my mind in a panic. "You told her? I thought you didn't want anyone to know about it, 'cos you're too shy!"

"Oh, it's a long story," (which, as I've already said, she eventually told me about), "but yes, I told her and I said how good you are at it, too."

Sharon then came back to me and said, "The thing is, I've tried it, you know, being waxed, and I hated it. It was so painful!"

Then Jane supplied just a few of the details of their earlier conversation and I began to see the context.

"Anyway", Sharon continued, "My legs are about ready to be shaved and I was wondering what it'd be like to get them waxed? I was wondering....... If you and Jane wouldn't mind..... if you would wax them for me? Just up to my knees?"

Well! I was agog. Speechless! I had no idea how to respond. I looked at Jane. She looked back at me. The room fell into silence. Then Jane said, "I'll tell you what. We'll think about it and discuss it tonight and let you know tomorrow." And to Sharon and myself, "Is that ok?"

Sharon agreed instantly, while I still didn't know what to think or say. Finally, I nodded my agreement to Jane. Later, we played cards for a while -- pontoon, I think it was -- for matchsticks. Jane was banker and as usual, she won, beating us both, hands down, taking in all of the matchsticks (I'm not convinced she doesn't cheat)! As time was getting on and the wine was all gone, Jane said, "Well, it's getting late now, so we'll talk about your request in bed, tonight. Steve can walk you home now and I'll call you in the morning, ok?" Sharon only lived around the corner and it was customary for me to walk her home, just to make sure she was safe.

On the way to Sharon's home, we were quiet for a long time and then she turned and asked, "Do you think I've upset Jane? Will she be mad at me?"

My mind was still in turmoil and I replied, "Phew, I have no idea. You know that we're both pretty shy, about almost everything. I don't even know if she was upset or not. I expect I'll find out when I get back."

Pressing on, she asked, "What do you think of waxing? Is it something you like? Does it, you know, get you going, turn you on?"

Feeling extremely flustered, I replied, "Well, as we said, we're both very shy. I've gotta admit, I'm pretty embarrassed talking about it." We walked on in silence and then, feeling a bit brave, I said, "Actually, yes. I do like doing it and waxing Jane does turn me on. But only a bit! I used to get very turned on, before, when I used to actually shave her. But I'm not giving you the details. Maybe Jane will." We were almost at her door by now, so I watched her go in, said goodnight and headed for home.