How the Story Ends

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alex stayed inside me for ages, it seemed, his cock slowly deflating, my cunt pulsating around the intruder as I regained my breath from a massive, ecstatic orgasm. Right then I didn't care how many women he'd fucked, so long as I was the last one. He released my hips and I fell forward, dislodging his cock. He climbed onto the bed alongside me and we held each other tightly, kissing, cuddling for a long time. Eventually it was over and hunger drove us to shower together and make breakfast, which we ate still naked, gradually cooling off from our exertions.

"You seemed to be turned on by Nicky's story," Alex commented.

"Oh yes, as were you," I grinned, "Maybe someday we could try it. But not this summer, so if you want to watch me helplessly having orgasms in public, this had better be a long-term relationship. I know I wasn't your first conquest, but I'd dearly like to be your last."

"Well, possibly we can arrange that, and maybe that should work both ways too, but it's probably a good idea to keep an open mind to possibilities, perhaps mutually enjoyable ones. Who knows what the future will bring, and we've only known each other for a week or so."

I thought about this for a while, realizing what he said made sense and thinking that it was definitely conceivable that we could have our cakes and eat them too, remaining together while sharing our love with others occasionally had merit.

"I agree, darling, most definitely."

***************************************

And so, the summer passed. Alex and I ran a series of courses for underprivileged teens, enjoying watching them grow as they became more self-confident, respectful and insightful. We heard their stories, usually unpleasant, and provided them with experiences that enabled them to grow quickly in the wilderness environment. We could only hope that the skills and attitudes they learned were of use in their future lives.

Our loving relationship developed also; we learnt a great deal about each other, shared stories of past lovers, made love frequently and intensively both in our cabin and in our tent in forest campsites. We grew with each other, neither contemplating life without the other, but knowing that such a situation was a distinct possibility.

Towards the end of summer, as fall rapidly approached, we both applied for winter jobs at a variety of ski fields, Alex as a ski instructor while I didn't have those skills, so applied for admin and customer service jobs. We hoped against hope that we could find jobs in close proximity, if not in the same resort, but with each day that went by the chances looked slimmer. We became morose when we were alone, neither wanting to be the first to admit that maybe the relationship would have to end, or at least become vastly different. Our lovemaking had a more melancholy flavor, as did our taste in music, Kris Kristofferson's 'Please don't tell me how the story ends' being accepted by us both almost as our theme song. It was as though the song was written for us and we most certainly didn't know how the story would end.

Then came the last week. Alex had been accepted as a senior ski instructor for a large skifield; I had nothing, even though I'd applied for work at the same field in any role they had available. More and more the song rang in our ears until finally the time arrived. We'd taken our final course, had our farewell party and tomorrow we would be parting; Alex for the skifield while I would head home to my parents and the unknown. Would we even see each other again, or was this the end?

Instead of 'This may be our last good night together' it now had become 'This is our last good night together'. We made love several times that night and our pillows were wet with tears of sorrow in the morning. A final gentle session of loving, a last shower together, and it was over.

"So, this is how the story ends," said Alex as he held me for the last time before parting.

"Looks like it, although I actually refuse to accept it. There must be more," I replied tearfully, "There has to be. A love as good as ours just can't end like this," I ranted, beating my fists against his chest in frustration.

There was no way I could afford to stay at the ski resort without a job, and Alex had taken the job knowing that separation was a possibility, but unwilling to leave his passion: outdoor instructing. After a final tearful farewell, Alex drove off in one direction, heading north to the snow, due at his skifield in a week, while I started south to my parents' home in Florida. We both hoped to meet up again next spring at this camp for another summer of teaching, but there were no guarantees; such is the nature of the career path we had chosen.

That afternoon I received a call from one of the skifields where I'd tried to find work. The person appointed to the job now couldn't make it due to a family emergency; could I take her place. They knew it was short notice, but were hoping I may be able to fill the vacancy starting in two days when they opened.

"Yes," I replied, excitedly, "That's fine, I'll be there. Thank you so much."

I noted the directions to the field and promised them I'd be there as soon as possible to work in reception. They were opening next week and really wanted me there before then. My heart was racing as I checked the name of the ski resort where Alex was to work; it was the same one!! My first reaction was to phone him and tell him, then I thought I'd surprise him instead.

I made a quick phone call to my parents, with profuse apologies that I would not be spending winter with them, a change in direction for the car and I was headed north with a light heart and an irrepressible smile on my face.

I settled in and two days after the call I was in the reception area, meeting and greeting, learning what was where as I gave instructions to visitors on the same matters that I was learning. But nights were cold and lonely without Alex. I was back to a single bed in a small room, with no company except the mainly female staff working in the admin building. I waited impatiently for him to arrive.

"Don't worry," said Heidi, noting how lonely I seemed, "The place really starts buzzing next week when it opens. Then you'll have your choice of male company. That's the main reason I like working here, the sex life is just fantastic."

"Well, maybe so, but my guy arrives next week so I'll wait for him."

"Oh, sorry, I didn't know," she replied, "Maybe when I've found a guy we could do a swap?"

I thought back to our earlier conversation. "Yes, that may be a possibility," I replied non-committedly.

Early the next week I'd been behind the desk for a couple of hours when the door was pushed open, letting in a cold draft of wind. I held the papers on the desk in place without looking up, but when I did, Alex was standing in front of my desk looking absolutely stunned. I ran around the end of the counter and into his arms, oblivious to the remaining staff and visitors. After a long hug and kiss, we held each other a few inches apart and he grinned.

"So now we know how the story ends. I've missed you so much and love you more than life itself. Honey, will you marry me?"

"Yes, of course," I replied, "Yes, yes, yes!" and we hugged and kissed once again, the clapping of the onlookers making a fitting background to our joy.

****************************

Author's note: This was written as a stand-alone story, but could have potential for at least one more episode. Let me know if you want this.