Howl at the Moon Cian's Story

Story Info
Former Alpha need love too!
2.1k words
4.36
6k
3

Part 1 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 06/25/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(I'm taking a break from Love& War. I don't get along with those characters. I recommend you read Howl at the Moon first. This is a sequel to that.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cian let out a deep sigh as he recleaned the bar. How could his entire pack have left? Why had they chosen to side with Finn? Finn was a rebel with no standards. He didn't care about rules. Finn was a punk who played fast and lose. He had no respect for traditions. None of that mattered right now though, Finn and rest of his pack would be back. He would forgive them. That's what he did; he was Alpha after all.

It was 3 am and the bar was closing. A knock came on the door as soon as Cian turned off the neon sign. He was tired but he went to open it. There stood a pale and gaunt woman. She was shivering in the falling snow and her hands were gloveless. Cian could tell this woman was beyond exhausted. He was surprised that she didn't fall asleep where she stood. The small woman looked up at him. But, somehow managed a small smile. It lit up her entire face.

"Oh...I didn't realize you were closing...I suppose it is late. I'll be going." said the woman as she shuffled off into the cold night.

"Wait...come back, a customer is a customer. It looks like you're going to be my last one for the night. Sit down, I'm all yours."

Much to Cian's relief, the woman did turn around. She made her way in and sat down at a table. Once she was in the light, she looked even worse than Cian expected. She had a black eye forming on her face, along with a bruised collar bone. Cian didn't need his wolf senses to know that she was injured in other places along her body. He'd seen it before, long ago in his own mother. For now, he pretended not to notice.

"Cold out there. I think we're going to get a big storm. Probably, the first of the season. You have such a nice bar, it's tidy. It's a creative name, The Wolves' Den. It's a bit spooky but it feels safe at the same time. Do you know what I mean?" questioned the woman. She looked down as she spoke, not meeting Cian's eyes. The woman was ashamed of her appearance

Cian had never been good at talking. He was strong and silent. He rarely talked to his own pack members. Cian couldn't remember the last time he'd talked to a human woman without another wolf there.

Still since his pack had up and left, Cian had been very lonely. This strange woman made him feel uneasy even though he was the Alpha. Still Cian thought to himself that he was a powerful Alpha. What did he have to fear from this small woman? Surprisingly, found himself wanting to talk to her. He figured he better start small.

"I'm Cian...this is my bar. I was just about to make some boxty. It's really the only thing I know how to make. It's a traditional Irish recipe. My mother taught me how to make it...long ago. I think I even have some bacon to go along with that. Would you like some?" questioned Cian. Cian never dilly-dallied with questions like "are you a vegan?" If there was food, you took what there was, said thank you and shut-up.

The woman scratched the table and looked down nervously. Then she took out her well-worn purse. Cian knew she was counting her money. From the fraying appearance, Cian knew there wasn't much of it.

"It's on the house, Ma'am. It's almost throwout time and I hate to see all of this food go to waste. But as long as you and I are here to eat it, we can save the food. So help me?" questioned Cian. He smiled and winked, as he wondered where that smile and wink were coming from.

The woman blushed and looked down again. She was starving but she was proud. "I'm famished, thank you. That sounds great...what's boxty?" she questioned.

Cian half smiled as he was cooking. "It's potato pancakes, all fried up. You have it with cheese and bacon. Well, at least that's my favorite. I'm quite the carnivore. You can have it with anything. You can even put maple syrup on it. But, I don't think I have any maple syrup. Listen to me, I'm babeling. Why don't we have some tea with this boxty? Could you put the kettle on?"

The woman nodded and stood up. She walked behind Cian to fill the kettle up and put it on the stove, as she walked she limped. Cian looked up at the woman from the grill.

She was beautiful. She had long coffee-colored hair that matched her eyes. As he looked, Cian felt a stirring in his loins. He wanted her. He was amazed to find that he wanted a human woman. This was breaking with tradition. This was breaking with the ways things had been done for centuries. This was going against everything he believed in. Yet Cian wanted to be with this woman. Cian wanted to talk to this woman. He wanted her to stay. He wanted something he couldn't put into words.

"Boxty is ready." cried out Cian as he dished up the food. "Tea is ready too." stated the woman. Cian carried the plates over to a table and the woman followed with the kettle.

As soon as he'd sat it down, the starving woman dug into the searing hot boxty. "Tiiss is vverry gwad." she said as she ate. Cian smiled now that his pack was gone. It was nice having someone to look after.

"Glad you like it, do you have a name? Tell me a bit about yourself." he questioned.

"Oh...I'm Wren. I live with my husband down at "Nice N Eazy" trailer park. We rent a double-wide. My car broke down on the way home from work and my phone was out of battery. SO I walked here hoping to borrow the phone. That reminds me...can I use your phone? I need to call my husband and tell him our car broke down. I have to be at work soon anyways." asked Wren. She blushed a deep red, hating to impose more upon this man.

Cian just smiled as he poured himself a cup of peppermint tea. "Doesn't your husband come to pick you up from work?" Cian was disappointed, but not surprised, to hear that Wren was married. A gorgeous woman like her deserved to be married. However, it meant she wasn't a virgin. Ancient wolf laws, which he respected, forbade him from seeing this woman. Cian had just kicked Finn out of the pack for this. Cian knew he shouldn't be doing this but here he was talking. But, Cian was lonely. He wanted to hear more about Wren and her life.

"Well...my hubby Layton..he's a busy guy. He's a long haul trucker going up to Montanna every week. I think he has a piece on the side up there. But, why am I telling this to you? I barely know you. Still, you seem trustworthy and a good listener. Anyway, I work as a crossing guard at Cheyenne Public School from 6 am to 9 am then I go to K-mart where I work from 10 till 6. Then I go to Pizza Hut, where I waitress till closing. Then I go home and it all starts again."

"You sound like a busy lady...when do you take time for yourself...and your kids?" questioned Cian.

"Oh...I don't really worry about myself, you know. I don't need much and I have Layton I suppose. There was a pregnancy, that's why we got married, but I lost it. Now Layton and I stay together because we're married...if that makes sense." said Wren. She looked down at her plate and avoided Cian's eyes.

Cian just gave her a small smile and nodded. He admired this woman's chutzpah. She got out there and worked day after day because that was what you did. You continued on because. It was, well-- had been, basically the same philosophy he'd covered his pack by. You kept adhering to the ancient rules because that was what you did.

Wren was finishing up her botxy and tea. She looked at her nearly out of battery phone. Cian noticed it wasn't a smart phone like everyone seemed to have these days but a flip phone. "Holy shit, it's 4am! Look at me hanging out with you when I have to be at school in 2 hours!"

"It's alright, Wren. I'll drive you home." stated Cian. He wanted to tell Wren that she was free to spend those two hours in his company. But, he'd just met her and felt that the invite would be a bit too forward.

"Alright...let's head out before this storm gets worse." stated Wren. She grabbed her coat and purse. She had the presence of mind to grab the dirty dishes and put them in the sink. Cian had been so nice. SHe didn't want to make more work for him after he got done taking her home. The two of them drove to the Nice N Eazy trailer park.

"Thanks so much Cian, I loved your cooking and spending time with you. Have a safe drive home." stated Wren as she got out of the car and headed inside. Cian just sat in his truck wondering if he'd ever meet this woman again. He looked at her double wide home. It seemed so small and cold in the falling snow. Wren was a wonderful woman. She deserved so much more than this. So much more. But, she had a husband who provided for her. Cian couldn't have her.

At long last, Cian turned his truck around and headed back to The Wolves' Den. Another lonesome day of just being. He missed his pack. He missed having people around. But, here he was. Cian knew he had to keep keeping on like Wren did. It was what the ancient werewolf laws said after all. So he was going to go on even if it did mean being by himself for awhile.

Before, Cian had even opened the door, Cian scented a fellow wolf. What trouble was going to happen now? He opened the door and saw Leif casually smoking one of his cigarettes. Despite health warnings against smoking, Leif had never given them up.

"You know I saw all of that. You and that woman...that MORAL...MARRIED...WOMAN." stated Leif as he casually leaned back and took a drag from his cigarette. It glowed a bright orange in the night air. Cian sighed. He was exacerbated with Leif even though Leif was the only wolf who had remained with him.

Cian never knew what to make of Leif. He knew Leif was old. Older than even him, older than his mother. No one knew his real name. No one knew where he came from. People had just started calling him Leif because he blew like a leaf from pack to pack. He brought news to all the other wolf packs. Cian needed to think on how to deal with Leif. Leif would definitely tell the other packs about his night with Wren.

Cian shrugged it off like it was no big deal, despite his feelings otherwise, "It was a nice evening. Something different and fun for a change." Cian knew he had a front to put up. He had to be the stern Alpha he always had been. After all, he'd just punished Finn for being with a mortal woman.

"Your woman left something here. Laters, stuff to do." stated Leif as grabbed his jean jacket, stubbed out his cigarette and headed out the back door. Cian didn't know if he would see Leif tomorrow or in a year. Leif traveled with the wind.

Cian looked back to the table where Wren had left her scarf. He picked it up and inhaled her scent. Gods above...he wanted her. He thought of how he'd wanted to watch her take her hair out of it's tie. He wanted to watch her long hair cascaded down her breasts...Cian knew he had to stop. These images were wrong.

She was a human. She was married. There were so many reasons not to return Wren's scarf. Still she'd left her scarf here. It would be rude of him not to return it...right? After all he was a gentleman who was only doing the gentlemanly thing.

(I love to hear from my fans! Please comment and rate! Thank you!)