All Comments on 'Hoyle's Valley Falls Ch. 01'

by Ausgirl66

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4uabout 1 year ago

Colin seems to have a lot of insecurities. I love her, knows what she wants and not afraid to go for it. Sounds like a beautiful place, waterfalls are magical, majestic. There are some spectacular ones in the Canadian Rockies, especially after snow melt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I know it's a sort of cross-cultural thing, but though I've discovered that the writer is Canadian, I thought for sure I was reading a Brit, since the prose is - to an American - quite turgid, and that, therefore, paints the narrator as well.

Both, as a consequence, come off as quite constipated. Even the sex lacked any hint of heat or passion.

That was my impression and, of course, your mileage may vary.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Like the story, but it reads a little like it was written in a second language. There are mixed tense issues, and the future is often used when it should be conditional. Most of the dialogue is stilted - I only saw one use of the contractions we use all the time in speech, and it is unusual to keep repeating names in dialogue. How many times did ‘Colin’ get used?

KingCuddleKingCuddleabout 1 year ago

I love it! Very cozy...Warm...Friendly...

Do you ever get to Nashville?

:+)))

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good Storyline. Now I am waiting for Chapter 2. If you read the comments, let's see if the story takes advantage of the critiques. Good Luck on smoothing out the edges. ;-)

DaveComfortDaveComfortabout 1 year ago

I love how you are building the story line. Love your thoughts on how a work trip can be opportunistic too!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy12 months ago

Great beginning1 Glad there is more.

5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous