Hunting to Farming

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The supper clean-up is swiftly done. Bob gets the cards out. The boys start playing. I go sit on my bed and read instead. They're having a ball--teasing, arguing, and laughing all evening. I'm the first to finish my nightly hygiene routine and sign off.

*** *** ***

Chapter 2

Friday, September 29

Just before sunrise, Maurice shakes me a little to wake me up. I growl something meaningless and look up at him.

"We're leaving," he says quietly. "We should be back around eleven." With nothing more than that, he leaves with the others.

I pull the sleeping bag up to my chin, turn on my side, and fall back into a peaceful slumber. I wake up a little after eight. The place is quiet and still warm. I get up and go do my business. There's coffee in the old, battered percolator. I taste it. "Urghhh..." It tastes bitter, so I decide to make a new batch. It turns out quite well. I feed more wood to the stove to warm up the place and cook my breakfast. I'm unusually hungry. I mess up the eggs, and toast is kind of well done, but the bacon is nice and crispy, just the way I like it. I enjoy everything all the same. I clean up the stove and do the dishes--mine, and the one left behind by the boys. My brain is at a peaceful rest, running smoothly and quietly. It is such a relief--no stress, no obligations, no arguments, just total peace.

Inevitably, Maurice comes to mind. I'm puzzled by his attitude towards me. I have no idea what he's looking for. Just sex? A relationship? If it's just sex he wants, then there will not be any. Why did he ignore me during all our previous encounters here? Why such a sudden change? But I like to have him around. I like that type of man. I'm attracted to him, and it's about more than just sex.

Anyway, I need to move and do something, so I get dressed and go outside. I can't go down where they are--too dangerous. Instead, I take the trail that goes up towards the lookout again. It's a good kilometre and a half going up, but it's soft climb. I brought no cameras this time. I just wanted a good, fast walk up there and back.

Back at the cabin, I feed more wood to the stove. The boys will soon be back from their morning hunt. I get everything ready and set the table as usual. I don't know what's on the menu; that's Steve and Bob's business. I suspect tomato sauce on spaghetti. I think I heard Steve mention that this morning. They bought some bread ready to heat up, so I put two of them in the oven.

Not too long after, I hear them coming. The way they're blabbing, something must have happened--something funny, I think. Bob enters first, followed by Steve, Rick, and Maurice. They're laughing heartily.

"BJ, we found the boat exactly where you said it would be. But..." Maurice can't go on. He bursts out laughing.

I look at him and then at the others and ask, "So, what happened?"

Steve sits at the table. "Well, we pulled it out, and, at first glance, it looked good. We flipped it around and pushed it into the water. So far, so good. Then our poor Rick here got in," he says, putting an arm around Rick's shoulders, "and we pushed the boat further into the water. Then, about fifteen feet from the shore, he went through the bottom. He..." Now it's Steve's turn to break down laughing.

Bob picks up from there. "Well, Rick is standing knee-high in the water, with this boat slowly sinking around him. You should have seen his face. It was a priceless moment."

Maurice, sitting next to Rick, squeezes his son's shoulder and winks at him. Poor Rick looks at them and smiles. His gaze moves in my direction, and he shrugs.

"You had to be there, BJ."

The laughter dies down, and everyone puts their stuff away on their beds, then washes up. In the kitchen, Steve fills a large pot to boil the spaghetti. Bob is busy opening the tomato sauce cans, to which he adds onions, garlic, spices, and some tomato paste.

"Where's the package of bread I left here?" Steve asks, frowning at me.

"It's in the oven. Smell it?"

"Oh! Right. Good job." He offers me a grateful grin.

It's a simple meal that's filling and easy to make. Within a few minutes, everything is ready, and we are all sitting around the table, babbling and laughing.

After the meal, I take care of the usual cleanup with Maurice. Bob is laying on his bed snoozing, Steve is in the bathroom, and Rick is playing some game on his phone. Calm reclaims the cabin.

I'm rummaging through my duffle bag getting things organized for my afternoon excursion. I'm so concentrated that I'm startled when Maurice asks me, "BJ, I know you like to be alone when you go out, but I'm wondering if you would let me accompany you?" His warm, low growl gives me goosebumps all over.

"Of course," I reply, smiling. "With pleasure, Maurice. I'm walking down to the lake where you were this morning. It's a nice, easy walk. That sandy beach is a perfect spot. From that point of view, the scenery should be nice in the afternoon sun."

The Big Bear growls, "Okay. Ready?" He's holding his big 30-06 hunting rifle across his chest--I know this because he told me. Those dark, sparkling eyes seem to devour me, which once again provokes tingling all over my body. I'm sure that he noticed my reaction.

The trail is narrow and straight, with little elevation. It's an easy fifteen-minute walk at a moderate pace. Maurice, carrying his rifle pointing upward in a safe direction, follows me silently. When the trail gently slopes down, the lake is only about four or five hundred feet away. The sun is beautiful and warm, and nature's spectacle is amazing. I walk right to the water's edge and take a few shots with my old-fashioned Canon. I can't help but smile when I see the tracks left in the sand by the boat, which is once again hidden in its bushy nest. Maurice stops at the end of the trail, at the edge of the sand, and simply watches me. I like his gaze on me, and his presence. It makes me feel good and calm. I move to the left of the beach and sit down on the sand in the shadow.

Maurice sits down next to me. Suddenly, I hear a faint splash coming from the other side of the lake, and there it is: a big bull moose with an unbelievable set of antlers--a gigantic beast. I elbow Maurice, who'd already leaned back on a big trunk and closed his eyes. He blinks a few times, and I point silently. He looks in that direction, and his eyes nearly pop out of his head. He reaches for his rifle, but I shake my head. Surprisingly, he puts it down very quietly and nods.

I hand him my Sony digital camera, already set to film, and show him the button to use to zoom in and out.

I whisper, "Just press this button to start filming."

We do it all very quietly, moving as little as possible. Moose don't see well but have incredible hearing and smelling capacities. I take my Canon, adjust the settings, and get ready to shoot. Maurice is already filming the incredible scene. On the other side of the lake, the smart old moose is immobile and looking around. We, too, are stock-still, sitting in the sand very close to each other. His gaze passes us by. Reassured, I suppose, the old bull bends its enormous, ugly head and plunges it into the water.

Maurice is concentrated and zooming in to get a good close-up. I can hear the camera humming in response to Maurice's every move, its many settings adjusting automatically and almost instantly.

He's firmly holding the camera on his knee for stability. I get right next to him and pass my arm behind his large shoulder to peek at the camera screen. I can feel his warm body pressing against mine, his heartbeat, and his breathing. What a feeling! I get hard. He's sitting with his left leg alongside mine and his right leg bent at the knee. From my position, I can easily see his growing bulge.

The bull moves forward and lifts its massive head, chewing a ton of lily pads. Suddenly, something--some noise or some smell from somewhere--attracts its attention. Ears pricked, nose sniffing noisily, the big mouse stays immobile. Then he gets going with surprising agility. Within a few seconds, the enormous animal disappears into the woods.

"Wow," Maurice says, looking at me, amazed by the spectacle he just witnessed. We're intimately close, looking into each other's eyes. He bends his head down a little, and his lips brush mine, lightly and sensually. He blindly leaves the camera on the ground someplace around him. We are nose-to-nose. I place my hand behind his head. Another libidinous, gentle kiss follows. I'm breathless. I respond by pressing my wanting lips against his. We kiss and nibble at each other's lips and Maurice looks directly into my eyes. I feel his tongue tickle my lips and ask for entry into my mouth. I close my eyes. I open my willing mouth and let our tongues dance together. He tastes of toothpaste, and I probably do, too. What a funny thought to have at a moment like this.

His strong body is pressing mine. His right hand is resting on my chest. I'm in heaven. Maurice breaks the embrace. A little out of breath, he gets up and pulls me up. He embraces me, and we kiss again--just a light kiss--then lets go of me. I pick up the camera I set on the ground, and he hands me the one he used to film the majestic beast. I grab my carrying case, put the cameras in it, and we leave. Not a word was said.

This time, I'm following him, enjoying the view of his sexy rump. Once again, we walk in comfortable silence. My heart starts slowing down. All the problems, the useless arguments over stupid procedures, and the constant pressure at work are, for the moment, forgotten. Nature heals the soul, the mind, and the body. Maurice soothes my stress, wakes up my sensuality, and makes me keenly aware of my sexuality. I want him. Am I falling for him? Is he just playing with me? I should ask him. But I don't. It doesn't feel like the right moment.

Before supper, I show the film to Steve. The big guy looks at it with keen interest; he seems to understand how lucky we got with the footage, but then again, he's probably also thinking what a hunting trophy that huge, older bull moose would have been.

"Umm, BJ?" Big question marks appear on his face. "Maybe you should have a look at this before you show it to the others. Hey!" He hands me the camera with that mischievous smile on his face.

I look at the screen. I see Maurice and me kissing. The whole scene. We can also see Maurice's hard-on. The contour of his manhood is well-defined alongside his thigh, and it's huge.

"Oh! Christ! Let me fix this."

"You're not deleting it, are you?" asks Steve, on the verge of bursting into laughter.

"Christ, no. Just cutting the scene and saving it under another file, which I'm protecting with a password."

A few clicks and typing, and it's done.

"That quick, huh?" Steve looks at me in awe.

"I do this all the time. Steve."

"Will you show it to Maurice?"

"Yes."

"You like him, don't you?"

I just shrug.

"He does too, you know." He pauses. I sense his hesitation. "You don't know him very well, do you?"

I look at him with a slight rise in my eyebrows. "I don't. Why do you ask?"

"Curiosity. That's all."

After another noisy and argumentative supper, Steve and Maurice are sitting on a big rock by the lakeshore. As usual, I sit on the dock with my electronic reader and plunge into the murder mystery of one of my preferred detectives, commandant Gabriel Gerfaut, a French policeman investigating strange murder cases perpetrated by violent and bizarre serial killers.

I can see that the conversation gets animated. They both look in my direction time and time again. They're talking about me; that's obvious. I'm sure it has to do with what Steve saw on my camera. After a while, Steve gets up and goes to the cabin. Maurice stays by the rock for a couple of minutes, looking in my direction and not trying to hide it. I return his stare with the same intensity. My heart leaps, my mind goes numb, and my cock tries to rip through my jeans. What's going on with me? It was just a couple of kisses. The big bear gets up and walks towards me. I look away. I need to regain my composure. Idiot! I'm reacting like a shy virgin. I stare at my eBook, but I can't read.

The small wooden dock vibrates under his weight as he approaches me. Maurice squats down beside me. "What are you reading, BJ?"

"A murder mystery," I tell him. "Serial killer. I'm reading this series of a French detective specializing in bizarre murders. It's in French, though."

"I read, speak, and write French, BJ," he tells me, smiling.

"Then I'll lend this to you anytime you want. It's not Québec French. It's French, with lots of local Bretton terms and twists of language, but it's easy to understand. There's a lot to choose from in my library. Most of it is in English."

"Perhaps I'll borrow that from you." Then his voice gets lower and warmer. "Why don't we go inside? The sun is setting and, it's getting a bit cool."

"I have to show you something first. Let me get my camera, and let's take a short walk, if you don't mind."

"Okay, BJ," he replies, a bit puzzled.

We make our way towards the dam that controls the water level of the lake; it's a couple of hundred feet from the cabin. We sit on a big, flat rock. I turn on the camera, pick the video I'm looking for, and I give him the camera. He looks at it with a smile, and even replays it once.

"The moose is extraordinary, don't you think?" He says this with a big grin on his face. "It was just a simple kiss, but you... I want you so badly. You can see what you do to me. Christ, that was one hell of a hard-on, I tell you. Look at me now..." He pauses for a moment. "I'm falling for you, and it's not only sex." Maurice is looking at me with those dark eyes, inflamed with desire, perhaps even love.

Maurice bends over and brushes my mouth with his lips. He pulls away a few inches, his eyes still drilling into mine. He puts a hand behind my neck and kisses me softly. With the tip of my tongue, I lick his lips, and his big tongue slowly enters my willing mouth. I let him feel my answer. I want him. I'm attracted to him. Why is this only happening now? He never paid much attention to me before--on any of the previous hunting trips. I need an explanation. Now isn't the time. I don't want to spoil this wonderful moment.

Our mutual feelings fuel a heated, passionate kiss that gains intensity. Out of breath, we eventually come up for air.

He helps me up in the same way as before. He holds on to me a bit longer. Then, we walk silently, side by side, towards the cabin.

Before we enter the cabin, Maurice tells me, "I do like you a lot, BJ. Please don't doubt me."

The evening is a smash after I show the little film to the other guys. After viewing it, they plan to get up early and go hunting around that spot again. That's what they're here for, aren't they? They're convinced they will get that big bull moose. I certainly hope that they don't. It makes the discussion that evening lively. Steve can't help thinking about the part that I cut, and it shows in the glances he takes at both of us. He quietly watches the match being played between my arguments against killing animals and their arguments in favour. Of course, I exaggerate, trying to get them a little hot under the collar, and they retaliate, of course. We all laugh and drink a lot of coffee, and in the end, we are just a happy bunch enjoying ourselves.

Before going to bed, I put a light coat on and go outside. Bob follows me seconds later. I know what he wants to talk about. It's okay; he's my friend. Actually, he knows Maurice quite well, and he can tell me a bit more about the big guy.

"I'm glad you came, BJ," Bob says looking at the half-moon almost directly above our heads. "It's been a long time. Too long."

The sky is perfectly clear, unobstructed by any clouds or lights, and stars are piercing the deep black velvet by the trillions. My heart is light and happy--perhaps even in love.

"It's nice to see you again." I pause for a moment. "You want to know what's going on with Maurice, right?"

"No, not really. I know you're smart enough to figure out what you want or not. I can tell you that Maurice had a certain reputation, but he's a damn good man. You can trust him. Make it clear what you expect from him. He always makes it clear what his intentions are. With you, though, something's different. I've known for a long time that he wants you. I also know he kissed you and all that today; he told me. I told him that you were an incredible young man. You seem to have mellowed in the past few years. Tonight, instead of arguing harshly like a bulldog, you played with us, and you had fun. Anyway, I told him the same thing: to make his intentions clear, and fast. I don't remember you being very patient." He laughs at that.

"You're the best, Bob. I can always count on you for advice. One thing bothers me, though, about Maurice. Why this sudden attention when he always ignored me before? I don't get it."

"You need to ask him, BJ." Someone comes out of the cabin, and Bob smiles. "There he is. I think now's the right time to clear things up. Something tells me that's what he wants to do. I hope..." Bob stops talking, winks at me, and starts to leave.

The big guy walks towards me. He nudges Bob on the shoulder as they cross paths. My heart leaps and accelerates, and my breathing follows suit.

"I'm glad you two reconnected," Maurice says. "Friendship is so precious. He missed you an awful lot, you know. Bob doesn't make friends easily. He's cautious. I'll tell you something that shouldn't be repeated. He told my sister that he was leaving her. The end. After he called you for this trip, at my request, she screamed at him and called him all kinds of names, like I know only she is capable of. That was the last straw for him. Fortunately, the kids are old enough, but it's still going to be hard on them. He'll be looking for an apartment."

"I'm so sorry. That's exactly the reason I cut ties with him. I wanted to avoid being the cause of trouble between him and his wife on account of the kids. I can tell you that I didn't much care for your sister. I got my share of insults." An idea comes to mind. "You know, I can help him with his search for an apartment."

Maurice frowns.

"Yeah, I can. I own a few buildings on the street where I live." He frowns even harder at that statement. "I'll explain later, Maurice." He nods, silent as usual.

Looking directly at him, I ask, "I need to ask you a question, big guy."

"Go ahead, BJ. You can ask me anything."

"Why this sudden burst of attention and desire when you've always ignored me before?" Perhaps I should have been a little less direct--too late now.

Maurice, taken aback, looks me in the eyes. "Because, BJ," he says, "I thought you and Bob were more than friends. At the time, I bought my sister's story. I liked you then, but I thought I had no chance, and I wouldn't cause Bob any hardship or heartache. He's my friend and a damn good guy. All those years with my sister, and he never complained to me about her. Not an unkind word, ever." He pauses and looks at me with a different interest in his eyes. "I like you, BJ. I seriously like you. I fell for you years ago. This reunion is a favour from Bob."

Maurice stands at arm's length from me, staring, obviously waiting for a response. My brain is like jello. What should I say? Damn! What do I really feel? Is he asking for a commitment?

"I like you too." I finally say. "I'm attracted to you. I think..."

"Hey, BJ," Maurice says softly. "I don't need a big declaration of love. I know this is a big surprise for you. Let's just play it out for a while. But if you don't want to go any further, or if you only want sex from me, I'm not your man. Now's the time to tell me."