Identity Crisis 02: Save A Prayer

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Spider-Man stumbles back. He wasn't expecting Eddie to be so strong. It sounds rather stupid considering the man's size but Spider-Man has to pay attention to these things. Knowing how to scale back his defenses is kind of important. If he takes a hit and doesn't let himself budge at all the opponent usually breaks a bone. Which, as convenient as that sounds for Spidey, it just doesn't seem fair to leverage against petty delinquents. It's a bit concerning. Most people can't summon that kind of strength unless they're in fight-or-flight mode. He puts his hands up "Alright, I wasn't gonna hurtcha."

Eddie doesn't find comfort in that statement. He doesn't trust it. The twitching gets worse. He looks around, paranoid. Venom's senses merge with his own, sharpening the details of his surroundings to an almost painful degree. He can hear the buzz of the street lamps, His nose is overpowered by the scent of wet concrete and trash. He mumbles "Please not now."

Spider-Man notices the twitching and the overwhelmed expression on Eddie's face. Hearing the man talk to himself his own stance softens. He tilts his head with concern. He's far from a qualified social worker or mental health expert. It doesn't take an expert to figure out that something is wrong with Eddie. Especially after what had happened the day before. He thinks for a bit, stumped on how to proceed.

Eddie's reactions to touch so far have him convinced he's got some kind of trauma. Being hostile to touch in every instance. Almost every instance. When he had his sexual run in with Eddie as Peter Parker he was so needy. Pulling his head back to the 'I don't want to hurt him again' portion of his eavesdropping. Maybe he's not scared for his own safety but the safety of others. That would be... a very unique psychological profile.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine" Eddie hisses.

"It's okay to say no dude. I'm here to help.- '' Spider-Man's reassurances are cut off by a woman with curly brown hair glasses and a lab coat.

"What are you doing here?" It's Dora Skirth. Her squeaky voice hushed as if to hide.

"DORA!" Eddie calls out, rushing up to meet her. She backs away shaking her head. Eddie takes the hint and doesn't go in for the massive bear hug he was aiming for. It makes sense in hindsight that Skirth wouldn't be as worried about him as he was about her. The tension in his shoulders eases up as he looks at her with furrowed brows and a smile. "Holy shit long time no see? Where have you been?"

"It's a long story." She looks around nervously. She bites her lip. Skirth's eyes appear empty every time Eddie manages to make eye contact with her.. "You really shouldn't be here."

"We can catch up over coffee." Eddie extends a hand for her to take. She flushes a little and looks to the ground. He wasn't even hitting on her and he can see that he was maybe a bit too forward. Her reluctance is well earned as far as Eddie understands it.

"I really can't." She brisks past both boys avoiding eye contact. It's only now that she says she can't that Eddie begins to think something is wrong.

"What's going on?" Eddie chases after her. He looks concerned. His eyes wider with interest as he follows.

"Please Eddie, just leave. Stay out of this."She walks faster. Sticking her nose up in a sort of act. She's trying so hard to put on a brave face and stand firm. "I'm not dragging you into this again."

Eddie stops in his tracks. She knows doesn't she? It would make sense to blame herself for exposing him to Venom. Even if it wasn't actually her fault. If she knows what happened she probably thinks she put some hapless civilian reporter in danger and left him to face the consequences of an experiment he didn't sign up for.

Spider-Man stands there looking between Eddie and Skirth. He's confused. Is she his girlfriend? What the fuck is going on? He feels like he's missing something. And that something is literally everything. Taking a step towards Eddie he asks, "So, who's that?"

Eddie looks at him. Narrowing his eyes in an expression between disgust and confusion. It's clear he heard the question. He's just not answering. As Eddie walks away Spider-Man rubs the back of his neck. Damn. Did he just get ghosted in real life? He has no idea what's going on.

To be continued...

12