Impulse - Results Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wow. That's a whole bunch of questions. Uhm, okay, let's see where we can start."

Katie was facing me and bobbing up and down in the water, a pensive look on her face, her breasts and now-firm-nipples disappearing and reappearing in and out of view as the movement of the water took her.

"I'm doing well. It hasn't been too bad getting adjusted to moving down. While it's true I don't know that many people around here my mom has been great at showing me the town and getting me introduced to the way things work. I guess it also helps that this isn't my first move ever so I am pretty comfortable figuring things out on my own. Plus, the apartment is just so freaking cool. I have always wanted to live in one of these "TV" type industrial places with a locker room for a bathroom. I really don't know why any of you would ever want to move out into another place, even though I can admit the actual bedrooms are pretty small. As far as keeping busy and finding a job. Yes and no to both. I did find a job. A crap one at that. I am working part time at a local office building doing cashier work in their cafeteria during the lunch hour. The job pretty much sucks. I knew exactly what I was getting when I took it but really had no other choice. I can't get more hours and the pay is terrible so I keep looking but there isn't much out there, even retail jobs are hard to come by."

She stopped talking and ducked under water for a minute, finally bringing herself out in that "girls-with-long-hair" fashion of "head-back-chest-out-first-to-keep-the-hair-out-of-your-face-way," nipples pointing to the sky... not that I noticed.

"The last question was school, right? Well, I thought that I was ready. I have been studying biology-slash-sports medicine and my intention was always to go into sports rehab. After hurting my knee playing volleyball in high school I had a great PT person that got me interested in the science of it. The local college here has a great program that feeds into the local schools that are mad about sports but, lately, I have been reconsidering it. Something about the academics and overall program has never really just felt right. Sure, it could change at this new school but, quite honestly, I have been talking to my mom and what she has told me about what you do actually sounds really cool. So, I have been considering switching majors to business but am not sure what that will do as far as my credits or if I will even end up liking that anymore. It's what sucks about college. You are expected to know what you want to do with your life but it costs so much money you basically have to decide and then just stick with it no matter what. So, I have been trying to look for some more office-type business jobs but even those are mostly just filing papers and never even being able to witness the decision making process. Anyhow, hope that answers your question."

Her comments got me thinking and, whether or not this was another play just to get what she wanted, helped in orchestration by Karen, I decided to take a chance.

"I can assure you that my line of work is not as glamorous as many people, including your mom, probably make it out to be. But, if you really want to get an idea of what it is like, I might be able to offer you something that would be of benefit to both of us."

I explained my situation of having to fire the building manager because of how rude she was. I told Katie that while I planned on keeping that role for myself, I was in need of an assistant. I told her it would start off with answering phone calls and setting appointments for me but, as we started to get a routine and schedule down, it would also include meeting with some of the players involved in this line of work. That included contractors, employees and tenants. I told her she would most definitely learn first-hand about how unglamorous that most of the work was and, unfortunately, how sexist and ageist the construction industry was. I also told her that if she decided to stick with it she would also be able to see and feel how incredible it was to be able to see a project through from beginning to end. I told her that she could potentially live to regret her claim that she wanted more hours as this was a lifestyle, not necessarily a job, and that hours were never in short supply.

"Are you serious?" She was smiling from ear to ear.

"Absolutely serious. I need help and you claim to need a job. Actually, this isn't even something that can wait. You basically have to start immediately or won't start at all. Within the next few weeks things are going to be busy enough that I wouldn't be able to train you even the basics and would need to hire someone with experience."

"Oh, my God, Phil! Yes! Absolutely! Yes!"

At first it looked like she was going to jump and hug me but Katie visibly took a deep breath and held out her hand in front of her. I could see that it was shaking from being so physically excited.

"I just want to reiterate that this isn't going to be some plush summer-job. This is going to be 'real world.' You said you didn't want me tip-toeing around you and in this circumstance I won't be able to. When I need something done it won't be able to wait, it will have to be done."

She was taking deep breaths and was trying unsuccessfully to wipe the smile off her face.

"I still want to give it a try. How does this work?"

"Well, even though this may seem like an informal proposal, I run a very-much legitimate business. So, when we get back to the apartment I will have you fill out some paperwork and I will have my accountant file it. Technically, you start tomorrow." I took her hand and shook it, indicating that there was no backing out for her.

Katie was still a bit stunned. She just stood there, bobbing around in the water with a huge smile on her face. She looked dazed, but happy. I stepped over to her and put an arm around her shoulder.

"You okay?"

She didn't respond verbally, instead just spun towards me and wrapped me into a huge bear hug. I could feel her heart thumping through my own chest; it was racing.

"You'll probably demand your hug back once you find out what kind of asshole I am as a boss."

Katie laughed and let go. I could see she had a couple of tears running down from her eyes.

"C'mon. Let's get out of here."

We didn't just leave the water, we left the beach. It just felt like the right time. We got back to the apartment and showered off and then I printed out the paperwork I needed for her to fill out before I left the apartment, telling Katie I had some errands to run.

There was one important conversation that I had to have... immediately.

-----------------

I got to Karen's office well before it was closed. I felt a little bad coming into her place of employment unannounced but felt like I really had no choice. Karen, thankfully, was in the office area behind the front desk and was able to see me immediately, walking me into her office without any commotion with other employees.

"Hey, I needed to talk to you. I just offered Katie a job."

"I know."

"How? It just happened less than an hour ago."

"Phil, it's the 21st century," she said, holding up her cell, "I found out probably before you left the apartment."

"Oh. Anyhow, I wanted to talk to you to make sure it was okay. I am sure there are going to be times that Katie leaves work pissed off with me and comes to you for support. I told her that I am going to have to have her learn on the fly and fast and..."

Karen cut me off.

"Phil, it's okay. I have no problem with you hiring Kate. But, I do admit that I had a bit of apprehension when she sent the text to me."

She stopped talking and was just kind of staring at her desk for a bit before looking up and straight into my eyes.

"Can I ask you something? Did you do this for me?"

"For you? What are you talking about?"

"You know. Look, we have been pretty frank with each other since we have met. Both of us have said that we weren't looking for a relationship. But, recently, I don't know, it seems like maybe things were changing between us. I just wanted to make sure that this job for her was based on a legitimate need on your part, not because of me at all. I very much am still not ready for any sort of relationship."

Karen put her eyes back down on the desk. I got up and closed the door of her office.

"Karen, look. We are on the exact same page and that is what makes what I am about to say probably a little strange... and that is 'I love you.' No, I don't love you in the Disney sense. But, I do love you as far as me being so happy with my life with you in it. That said, I am happy with my life with Stacy in it as well and I am happy with my life as far as my work and my health. What I am also not looking for is any sort of formal relationship. If we never had sex again it would be an incredible disappointment to me. If we weren't friends again I would be completely distraught. That is the formal relationship that I need with you. Just to be my friend."

Karen started laughing before speaking again. "My God, this is like the exact opposite of the school-girl bullshit that I used to not be able to deal with. Instead of being "does he like me at all" now it's "does he like me too much?"

"Well, hold your thought process of whether you are even going to like me at all until you hear my final tidbit. We spent most of the day at the beach today, together. Katie and I."

Karen rolled her eyes and again, picked up her phone. "Phil. Christ. Yes, I know."

"You don't care?"

"No! I don't care! Look, Katie is an adult. If she wants to go to the beach, she can go. If she wants to go to the nude beach, she can go. If she wants to go to the nude beach with you, she can go. If you want to go to the nude beach with her, you can go."

I was sitting on her desk at this point, facing her as she sat in her own desk chair.

"But, I will say this..."

Karen stood up from her chair and positioned herself right in between my legs, putting her hand on my crotch and wedging it in until she got a good grip of my cock and balls. She held on firm, but not in a painful way.

"If you and my little friend here decide that just because there is a hot piece of 21-year-old ass around the house you can spend all its time there and not be living up to certain standards that have been previously set, well you are sorely mistaken and I would hate to have to take you both out of commission."

Karen was squeezing my junk a bit, but not in a threatening or uncomfortable manner, more like she was trying to get me hard and jerk me off. That aside though, I couldn't get the thought out of my head... the wording of her statement... did she just give me her approval to sleep with her daughter if I wanted to? What the hell was going on?

I gently removed her hand from my groin and hugged her, pulling her in tight to me before releasing and kissing her and getting up off the desk.

"One thing is for sure," I said to her, "you certainly keep my life interesting."

We both started walking to the door but, before opening it, Karen stopped me. She hugged me this time.

"Seriously though, Phil. Thank you again. Thank you from me for the way my life is going but also what you are doing for Kate."

I gave her another quick peck on the lips and smiled. No thanks necessary.