All Comments on 'In the Car'

by enoch1234

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
wrecked it

The story was doing fine until it was wrecked by the wrong term not the common slang word. The use of 'come' is totally wrong when referring to "orgasm/semen" it should be "cum/cumming", why and where do such bad authors come from to keep making this simple but getting more frequent mistake?

jacktar48jacktar48almost 10 years ago
Ahem. Check Webster's, Mr. Anonymous, before you attempt to correct people.

The word "cum" is a Latin preposition meaning "combined with." The phrase "I'm coming!" seems to be a common instinctive ejaculation (no pun intended) provoked by impending orgasm. At least among Westerners...I have noted with great interest that Asian women often gasp, "I'm going!" at the appropriate moment. Must be some cultural effect there....

Regardless of whether a character is coming, going, or "cumming," we all know what you mean and the choice of words by no means spoils the story. Personally I find that avoidance of the gritty slang term makes the story more erotic rather than less so.

Good job, Enoch. Try not to listen to people whose main interest seems to be in discouraging talented authors.

PeterspeterPeterspeteralmost 10 years ago
Jacktar48 is right

Sexual grammar police need to zoom out a bit and enjoy what a writer has to offer. And this offering is a good start. Please write more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous