All Comments on 'In Training'

by CharlieB4

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

5* to every writer not invited to this 'challenge' who did it anyway. Particularly since at least one of the clique who was invited couldn't get it right with the word count.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
GREAT Flash Story!

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
He married badly, . . .

he ended it resolutely. A strong man's response to a weak marriage. Weak marriages are bad for civilization. She's still trying to lie her way out of the mess even after she's been caught. She's probably really sexy and cute, just kind of stupid. That's a losing trade off when shopping for wives.

She'll be moved in with the sports car guy within the weak. She'll marry him as soon as her divorce goes through, just to prove it was love, and not simply being a cheating slut. You just wonder how long she'll put up with sports car's cheating before she takes the kid(s) and tries to make something out of the stupid choices she's made.

Being 750 words prevents us from criticizing you for the fact that sports car guy is not spending the rest of his life in a wheel chair. Of course you'll wait for that bit of revenge until after he totally fucks over slut wife.

This one is the best yet. Thanks for the effort.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Good for how it is short

I don't really see much in these 750 stories but this one is OK.

GrimmerGrimmerover 5 years ago
Ignition

Seems she suck started the engine on her new life.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: Clique

While it's true that initially only certain writers were invited, but the event was then opened to all, no need to "do it anyway."

Pappy7Pappy7over 5 years ago
Well done.

At least she didn't try to tell him she learned how to do that from an article in a magazine. Some things take lots of practice to develop and some aversions are hard to overcome.

gordo12gordo12over 5 years ago
Well done!

It flowed nicely considering how few words you had.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Didn't suck

No, this was a very good story. You told the whole story within the boundaries. Happy you posted one.

johnadpjohnadpover 5 years ago
Dilemma

On the one hand now she learned to suck cock well, on the other hand, she learned it someplace else.

The question remains though, why was the other guy able to teach her how to suck cock so well in a short period of time (assuming they've had sex a few times); whereas, he hasn't been able to in years. He was obviously the safe long term, boring, sexually not overly attractive guy, and the other guy was the hunk, sexually attractive that revved up her juices, but who knows what he has so he won't commit t someone like her, but will shag her for a while.

She doesn't have enough to keep a guy like the lover for a long term relationship, he doesn't have what it takes to get her sexually juiced up. Ahh, to be ordinary. I guess they can no longer be ordinary together any longer.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 5 years ago
Nicely done...

Good story for the husband, at least he won't have to worry with children in a broken home. Anyone who cheats that quickly after getting married has no integrity or value.

Well written, thanks for posting.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 5 years ago
A Complete LW Story.

Probably coulda even done it in 650 words, but these are great. Adios, Bitch. At least her next Hubby will benefit from her training.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
That worked just fine for 750 words - more or less.

But it seemed he was prepared for what he saw considering he was moved out and selling their house. A BTB - short form. Well done.

C_frommnC_frommnover 5 years ago
Liked It

He got right to the Point . No arguing No Pleading. No Cliches.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 5 years ago
Well done!

So hard to do in few words.

So very well done here.

Top ratings from me.

ohioohioover 5 years ago
Short and...

...well, not sweet--but sharp and very effective. To change the sport:

game, set, match.

Thanks, ohio

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
Respect!

Effective 750 words LW's story. Not an easy task to take on. 5 Stars.

SelqSelqover 5 years ago
Last paragraph was genius

Thanks for writing, it was a very fun read.

5 stars easy

icebreadicebreadover 5 years ago
The best of the 750s.

Well done a tight little package.

luedonluedonover 5 years ago
A neat piece of detective work

And no electronic devices or private investigators involved.

Lue

jimh67jimh67over 5 years ago
Excellent

This is my favorite of these stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Good for him who needs a cheating slut for a wife

dark2donut2dark2donut2about 5 years ago
This author is worth reading

To me this short story pointed to the rest of the work of this author I had not discovered before.

This guy CharlieB4 is one of the best writers on LW.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Yes! Finally!

Bluntly, the 750’s have been disappointing.

Some less so but mostly more so.

Here, finally, is an excellent one.

‘Short stories’ are a thing unto themselves.

*very* short stories are as well - they are not merely shortened short stories. Here, with this one, CharlieB4 has done a very satisfying job.

Thanks CB4!

JMSA.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 5 years ago
Really good

Was the 750 word only for loving wives?

Would have to be the worst category to write for. Why would anyone choose this section. They are lucky this is the only one I have scored. The second that I made it to the end, and this one better than 90% of the normal lw stories. Finally one actually worth reading.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 5 years ago
Nice!

The boxing commentary fit perfectly. Great job.

ribnitinribnitinalmost 5 years ago
Short, Sweet and to the point.

You scored a knockout with this one.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Again. Really good story. Enjoyed the boxing analogy.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 4 years ago
Fish On A Hook

The rapid fire dialog with comments put the image in my head of a hooked fish being reeled in. Despite its best efforts to zig, zag and deflect, the fish is . . . Caught! Nicely done. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Lol that was hilarious

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Not only a good story.

It was well told. When you can write a 750 word story that doesn't seem unnatural or forced to fit, that is good writing. Excellent job! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Great read. Ten stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
sbrooks*** why do you and your ilk love these sex stories with no sex just BTB

why do you go to cheating Wives sex stories if you are anti cheating Wives? its like going to gay and lesbian when you are a homophobe, or incest when you hate "incestors"

why this sick need to go to sex stories website to read about guys being betrayed and exacting extreme vengeance?

why be like that loathesome pitiful creature, invalid disabled war criminal 26thnc? is that really necesary?

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

I don't usually give 5* for 750-word stories, because they are so short.

But, this is one of the exceptions.

Well paced and interesting.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
War criminals

Even American war criminals have favorites. This is one of mine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Anon 10-21

Just commit suicide you retarded cunt, no need for more garbage in this world

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Short and not so sweet - 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

to the anon calling out sbrooks:

"sbrooks*** why do you and your ilk love these sex stories with no sex just BTB"

Do you have evidence sbrooks ONLY likes those stories, or did you strawman brooks?

"why do you go to cheating Wives sex stories if you are anti cheating Wives? its like going to gay and lesbian when you are a homophobe, or incest when you hate "incestors" "

Because the category of 'loving wives is not limited to only worship of cheating wives. It's far more of a broad spectrum than your narrow mind allows. To use your example it would be like YOU going to a pride parade and being mean to trans people because, "THAT'S not gay, get it outta my parade" That's how bigoted you sound right now.

"why this sick need to go to sex stories website to read about guys being betrayed and exacting extreme vengeance?" You call justice seeking as 'sick'. Why? It's natural that humans want justice. Also sbrooks and many others don't discriminate. We love stories about cheated wives getting revenge on a cheating husband. And you'll need to cite examples of what you consider 'extreme'. You throw around way too many accusations with zero examples. So stop being lazy. This isn't twitter.

"why be like that loathesome pitiful creature, invalid disabled war criminal 26thnc? is that really necesary?"

once again, you assign a lot of mean and hurtful labels towards people, and provide NOTHING useful. No examples, no insights as to WHY you feel the things you feel. Most people would call you useless. And I'm one of them.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 3 years ago

This was one of the best 750 word efforts I've read from any author. Crisp, brilliant dialogue and a plot with real pathos. If you do another one (and you should be invited soon) you have set a high bar for the follow up.

Five stars and a kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Boom! There it is 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

750 words is difficult. This could have benefited from a few more words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

750 blessing and curse all in one neat package

on one hand all is said and done

on the other I would like to know more about the fallout and conclusion...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

BUSTED!!

Ocker53Ocker53about 2 years ago

I like it, you done well for only 750 words ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

jmmj5jmmj5about 2 years ago

Agree with the others.

Very well done. For 750 words, this was top notch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nailed it. Good job.

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

Boom!!!! Now thats how you write a quickie!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wanting more

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well done

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Unfinished. No aftermath or payback.

LoneandlevelLoneandlevel8 months ago

Loved it. I don't understand all these commenters who have to have an Excel spreadsheet and blueprints for every story or they think it's incomplete. Not everything should have to be spelled out for you; there's an element of artistry here. Sometimes less is more, it leaves your imagination some room.

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Still a war criminal, still of sbrooks103x ilk, and still love this story.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 2 months ago

She couldn't last 18 months? Damn, he dodged a bullet. Also, THIS is the way to wrap up a 750 word story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCharlieB4@CharlieB4
Just an amateur scribbler who allows others to experience his daydreams. G’day If you are going through my catalogue you will find a wide range of themes so some you might like, others you will hate. Update. After a flurry of recent activity life has intervened so writing t...

SIMILAR Stories