Ingrid's Dark Secret Passion Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Maybe that's not a biggie in your mind. But I would think you'd agree that performing at the White House would add a special luster to your already impressive résumé. Considering that you would have still not yet finished your formal music education, I would suggest success in a concert career would be undeniably assured."

Ignoring Ebersbacher's assertions, but more attuned to practicalities, Ingrid wailed, "But Johannes what am I supposed to play at this concert? Are there going to be protracted rehearsals involved? What must I do to get ready?"

"First of all, Ingrid you ought to know, that the Cleveland Orchestra has developed a highly regarded reputation. The New York Times has declared that the Cleveland Orchestra under Franz Welser-Möst's direction to be 'America's most brilliant orchestra.' The music critic praised its virtuosity, elegance of sound, variety of color, and chamber-like musical cohesion. You can be assured that that the Orchestra is quite capable of playing the well-known classics, but also the newer musical works as well.

"It will be up to you as to what you will play. Welser-Möst has requested that you let him know within two days via email what you wish to play. He will respond almost immediately whether the Orchestra is familiar with the music selected. If the orchestra is familiar with the music, then only an afternoon rehearsal on the day of the concert will be all that would be required. If the orchestra is not familiar with the music you've selected, then an additional afternoon rehearsal with the orchestra the day before would be needed. You will receive an email for the schedule of rehearsals."

"I can play anything I want? Aren't there are some limits?"

"The original program envisioned that the orchestra would play Beethoven's 3rd Symphony, the Eroica, and Bruckner 's 5th Symphony, sandwiching in between Natasha's performance. Each of the symphonies are roughly an hour long and Natasha plans to play three violin orchestral pieces totaling an hour long. So, if you were to perform, they would drop one of the symphonies, probably Bruckner, although the Orchestra has received complimentary reviews of their recording of this music. You would then play in the third segment of the evening, and it is suggested to keep your time to about an hour long as well."

Ingrid broke out into a huge smile, "Well Johannes, it sure looks like you have earned your so-called big bucks, and I'm truly grateful that you will be my guide for the next year. I already know what music I'll play. I trust Maestro Franz Welser-Möst will allow me three tickets for this concert, two for my parents and one for a special friend."

The special friend that Ingrid meant of course was Sieglinde Wagner, her Austrian lover. Although on departure from Vienna, in saying their good-byes, they did not verbally acknowledge the practical end of their affair, but still they subconsciously knew it was the end. However, on special occasions they knew that the door was left wide open for them to meet occasionally, as events may unfold. In that regard, they had agreed to skype to each other every other week. Possibly, there was a mutual notion that by keeping in touch, that somehow, they could establish a long-distance relationship no matter the impracticability. In any case, Ingrid was absolutely certain that Sieglinde would want to come and see this performance considering what was at stake for her future career.