Ingrid's Dark Secret Passion Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Igor replied, "I do get an adequate salary, but its true that my expenses tonight would come out of my salary, so I'm grateful to your largess. I do find the prices this hotel charges is far in excess of what I'm used to pay in similar hotel bars in Moscow."

Natasha quipped, "Part of the high expense you've incurred here is that your drink is one of the best brands of vodka directly imported from Russia, and this hotel is the only one as far as I know that carries this brand. Hence the high outrageous price, but of course in Moscow, as I can attest this drink is more reasonably priced."

Igor replied, "I think you're right about availability, and it is the sole reason I ventured here in the first place. Anyway, if you'll excuse me for a moment. I have to utilize the restroom, and contact the embassy to expect me at a later time than usual."

Ingrid asked, "You live at the embassy?"

"Oh yes indeed. The Russian government perceives that the private rental accommodation in your country's capital city is a bit dear, especially compared to the capital cities of other countries. There is some accommodation for families for the higher level employees including the ambassador. However, I have to share a small room with a comrade, so anytime I can get out to let off some steam is a welcome respite indeed."

Natasha purred, "Well I'm pleased to be made aware that we might provide some solace from your apparently current lackluster lifestyle. Now hurry up, so we can get a head start on the releasing of your steam."

As Igor temporary left, Ingrid asked, "Is that true, that we really have an unlimited entertainment allowance as you intimated?"

Natasha replied, "It's not unlimited, but it does cover our expenses for staying at this hotel and our meals and drinks. You can thank my mother's negotiation skills for this benefit. PBS claimed by their public government grants and contracts they are precluded from paying anything beyond the minimum musician's union stipulated fees, which I might say is significantly lower than my usual performance fee for such an equivalent high powered recital. PBS's position was that I and for that matter you should be honored to have the opportunity to perform at the White House and before the President of the United States.

"My mother countered by stating that I am by consensus deemed the finest violinist from the United States if not of the world. And you, for gosh sakes, are a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom based on you superior skill as a pianist. So, my mother suggested that it is the White House and PBS that are honored by the opportunity to host this special recital. The least they could do in lieu of my normal fees is to meet our accommodation and food and drink expenses as befits our stature.

"PBS balked and was prepared to call my mother's bluff. However, the White House negotiator was alarmed, as the President's desire for this recital to take place was an acknowledged important priority. Coupled that with your dance with the Secretary of State over a year ago in Vienna, and once it was learned that you were to be my accompanist, there was no doubt in the mind of the White House staff member that cancellation of the recital would be an outright disaster. Heads would roll at least his own. Although typically, taxpayer dollars are by tradition not allowed to be expended for the President's personal entertainment, there was a special flush fund in White House budget that he could tap.

"So we have a substantial and generous limit for our hotel suite and our food, drinks and entertainment. Mind you considering what this hotel charges, we barely have enough. We certainly can't stay another night, so I'm flying back to Chicago after tomorrow's recital."

Ingrid replied, "Oh I'm intending to drive back to Columbus after the recital. I do have classes Monday, and when all is said and done, I'm still a college student that needs to attend lectures." The irony was not lost on her as to the dichotomy between her traveling on the cheap, but being entertained and accommodated in the utmost luxury.