All Comments on 'Interstellar'

by Omenainen

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
stickygirlstickygirlover 3 years ago
Hot, sensitive and honest

Thank you Omenainen! A difficult subject matter handled with sensitivity and accuracy. Hot as hell too! Wooo!

yukonnightsyukonnightsover 3 years ago

This was a fun read, but it was also able to do a great job at portraying a normal human reality. I think it's perfectly balanced with a good plot, believable characters and overall a satisfying outcome. And as stickygirl says below; Hot as hell too! You're a great new addition to Literotica and I hope you'll continue giving us these little treasures.

JessicaAlexanderJessicaAlexanderover 3 years ago

You did an incredible job in humanizing Stella. My only issue is that there is NOTHING cute about a partner that gets up earlier than you and they keep hitting snooze or won’t even wake up to their own alarm clock! Lol, but seriously!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

That was such a beautiful, honest, and sensual story. You were able to show peoples flaws without having to demonize them. I really am impressed how everything was incredibly real but especially the emotions and the overall humanity you managed to bring out of each character. That was just a great read which I know I will be rereading in the not too distant future. Thanx

OmenainenOmenainenover 3 years agoAuthor

Stickygirl and yukonnights - thank you both so much for your kind words and all your help.

JessicaAlexander - I think that is meant as a compliment, and I thank you for that, but I do have a problem with your wording; trans people are just people, they don’t need humanizing? Hope you meant my characters were relatable, or believable, or something along those lines? I’m with you on the alarm clock issue, though - maybe Stella has some hidden masochistic tendencies :)

Anonymous - thank you so much. I’m glad my characters resonated with you. I think what you describe is my message, with this story as well as my other ones: we’re all just people, each with our flaws and shortcomings, trying to find happiness. Or as U2 put it: “one life, with each other / sisters, brothers / we’re one, but we’re not the same / we get to carry each other.”

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDover 3 years ago

Lovely, sensitive, and thoughtful. I really enjoyed this piece. Stella and Cooper are portrayed with so much depth, which takes a deft hand. Kudos!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A really nice, sweet and sensual story. It's beautifully written, gripping, and I loved every word of it. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story. To be honest, I help run a mutual aid community for kinky trans and nonbinary folk, and no one I know would ever be in a relationship (poly or otherwise) with a chaser. The moment you figure out someone's fetishizing you, you steer off, because you want someone to see you as a human before a set of genitals. We get a lot of shit from cis men chasing us at clubs and bars.

Otherwise, good story. I really love Cooper and Stella, and I love how sensitive Cooper is towards Stella's emotions.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

As a trans person, I think the chasing element should be removed overall. The story seems to somewhat acknowledge that what Stan does is gross and fucked up. (It is.) But that gets destroyed by the fact that Stella decides that Stan's fetish is okay because she's "kinky too."

Being kinky means you consensually objectify a partner, with the acknowledgement that your objectification of a partner ends when the scene ends. When someone objectifies *your identity*, the objectification does not end with safewords or aftercare. This isn't a relationship built on respect over sexual need. It's offensive to think that fetishizing someone's transness is okay, because the reality is that being pursued by a chaser doesn't end happily like this story implies.

I'm sad about the ending because I do love this author's work. Storm Rising and Arctic Night are beautiful. I don't think they're trying to do harm or be offensive. But this definitely needed a trans sensitivity reader, and it's honestly disappointing that trans erotica tends not to be written for trans people themselves.

OmenainenOmenainen11 months agoAuthor

I’m sorry to hear that the chaser aspect prevented the last two anons enjoying the story. I empathize, I’ve also read stories in which something or other makes me lose the ability to enjoy it sexually.

(I did have a trans sensitivity reader, and I do have trans readers who have loved this story.)

I don’t think I would venture to write a story that is “for trans people”, any more than I would write a story “for cis people”, it is a way too wide a window to be meaningful. I write stories I like, and it seems some other folks like them too. I don’t know what the common nominator is between me and those readers, but I do know it isn’t gender or sexual orientation.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOmenainen@Omenainen
I write stories I like to read and publish them here in hope someone else might enjoy them too. Comments are much appreciated. English is not my first language, so go easy on my mistakes. I’m also writing under a second penname with the wonderful AwkwardMD. Our collaborat...