Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
An analysis and then some...

"...I've got you on kidnapping, first degree sexual assault, assault of an office of the peace. You name it. I could bring up a dozen more charges if I wanted to."

Shouldn't it be "officer" instead of "office of the peace? This seemed to be the only typo I saw in this chapter.

It was a great read regardless. I liked the addition of an antagonist as it adds suspense and livens the story, but I didn't like how you demonized the only man so far who desires to investigate and put a stop to the Hive with masculine-stereotyped traits such as being abusive and murderous. Not all males, including me, are like him. We can be decent at heart and courageous against adversity. I would've preferred a more heroic antagonist, though that's just my two cents and you of course do possess full creative authority in this series.

The addition of Captain Skern creates an interest dynamic with the Queen. Both are antivillains from my understanding so far: their end goals are more or less good (Skern wants revenge for the Hivesters on seducing his wife and wants to put a stop to them once and for all whether he knows he's trying to save the human race or not and the Queen wants a world of peace for her people) but their means of getting there are evil (Skern's crazed antics and the Queen's enslavement of women). Both are of the opposite gender and the opposite species, though what one desires to create, the other desires to destroy. One uses violence and the other uses initmacy.

It should be interesting to see how this plays out. Regardless, it seems predictable that Skern gets stopped somehow since there are hints of the Hive going international and whatnot to give room to future chapters, though this is just from my intuition.

By the way, what happened to with you including celebrities or other famous people inputted by reader comments in Chapter 2 when Cass meets the Queen?

GayTripperGayTripperover 8 years agoAuthor
Response to Disciple

I can see what you mean about having an antagonist with moral complexity that can add to the story. Sometimes I like to see a villain that is just plain bad, though. Nice job of picking up that the Queen's intentions aren't entirely benevolent either.

As for your last question... well, let's see after Cassandra's story :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Release Date?

When can we expect Cassandra's story? It's been 3 weeks since the series was last updated...don't mean to rush you or anything.

GayTripperGayTripperover 8 years agoAuthor
Disciple

Disciple, Cassandra's story has become too large and is now being split into two sections. The first has been submitted, should hopefully be posted to the site by the end of the week. I expect the second part of Cassandra's story to be out a week or two later.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Response: About Long Stories

I actually wouldn't mind reading a long story. I don't see anything wrong with it. Game of Thrones, the Illiad, and the Count of Monte Cristo were long stories and people didn't complain about their length. In fact, many of the stories in the the Hall of Fame in many categories on this site are more than 10 pages. I'd rather read a long story as soon as it's done than wait for smaller stories every 2 weeks. But that's just me. I don't know the opinions of other readers in your audience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Please please please write more we need more

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well done so far

This is a really good storyline there is more to come I’m hope.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGayTripper@GayTripper
All my writing efforts are currently focused on completing the "Sisters of the Fallen" sequel in time for Halloween. You'll hear from me again when things start to feel a bit bit spooky this Autumn.