Iron Rose Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Cheers!" Brian said in burgeoning excitement.

They both drank to their future happiness but what Brian had no idea of was Miguel's plan. The man was oblivious to everything. As he was drinking, he received a call and his happiness just went to another level.

"It's Felix." He said happily, literally jumping. "He's about to start addressing the citizens and he wants me to watch. He said he has a surprise for me."

Miguel was still wearing that smile. "I think this might be it. The surprise might be..."

"No, Miguel!" Brian said, losing that smile on his face. "He promised me."

"Okay." Miguel shrugged, taking a remote from the table. "Let's watch!"

He switched on the TV and while Brian was busy looking at his man, Miguel had an evil grin on his face.

*

"Laura?" Alex gasped, feeling surprised. "What the hell are you doing here?"

He watched his wife doing her job, looking really gorgeous. Alex closed his eyes as he went down memory lane, remembering all the wonderful times he had with his wife and their son and also his son's death. He opened his eyes wider, breathing like a predator.

Felix happily gave a heartfelt speech about transparency and many things involving politics. He then went on and promised the people that he was gonna be there for them, listen to them and help them in any way that he could. He was their slave and they were his bosses. He was gonna make them happy and that was a promise.

'He knows about the dragons. You're gonna spend the rest of your life behind bars. You know what they do to rapists in prison. They will give you a dose of your own medicine.' Miguel's words rang at the back of Felipe's mind.

"You know too much, Felix." He said under his breath. "You need to die."

He pointed the gun really hard at him, making sure that his aim was perfect. He was used to guns so he could say he was a pro at it.

But though Alex was there, thinking to himself that he was hiding. He had no idea that Mark was among the crowd with his camera pointed at Alex on the roof, taking a video of him. He had him clearly at the camera.

"I have something very personal that I want to talk about." Felix started, smiling like an idiot.

"Miguel chuckled nervously in the office, staring at the TV. "I am sure it's about me and the dragons."

"I hope not." Brian said nervously, shaking his head. "He promised he wouldn't."

Felix took a deep breath, smiling even more. "There is this man that I love so much, someone that has shown me how to love with my entire heart." He said loudly as a smile popped up on Brian's face. "I've been very discreet about our relationship. But I don't care anymore. Our love is the best thing that has ever happened to me even though we fell in love under unfavorable circumstances." He chuckled happily, rubbing his face.

"This man has been with me, helping me and telling me to be strong. He is the reason why I am here today, talking to everyone. He has helped me to fight my fears and this man is a gem. And right now, on public Television, I would love to tell everyone that I love Brian Powers so much." He looked straight at the camera, smiled brightly and said, "Brian Powers, will you marry me?"

Brian felt like all the emotions in this world had just poured on him. He covered his mouth, taking short gasps as he nodded, "Yes," He said emotionally. "I will marry."

He was staring at the TV, smiling at his man. First he was staring at the cute face on his man and the next thing, Felix was falling down with a bullet hole in his head after a loud gun shot was head. The crowd went crazy as Felix fell to the ground, bleeding mercilessly with his eyes open. He was dead.

Gustavo who was running towards Felix just heard a gunshot and the next was a hole in his heart. He fell to the ground and died on spot. Alex quickly took his gun and run away as Felix's guards started searching the whole area. He had to go back to his office.

***

Brian felt a sharp pain hit him in the heart, making him weak and cold... he felt coldness engulf him suddenly... his body felt like it had just been killed... his breaths came out harshly as a tightening in his chest got intense out of the blue... Before he knew it, his entire face was covered in tears as he looked at the TV, failing to believe what he had just seen. He was so much in pain.

Miguel on the other hand couldn't hide the fact that he was relieved Felix had been shot. He tried to make a hard face but it was really difficult. He couldn't help but grin as he looked at his brother who was acting like he was gonna have a heart attack.

"No!" Brian sobbed as he suddenly got up from the couch, his body beginning to tremble.

He turned and looked at Miguel, feeling like his world had come to an end. Miguel was staring at him, looking lost and surprised.

"It was you." Brian wailed, his voice shaking. "You killed him."

"What?" Miguel got up, getting close to Brian. But all he did was take a few steps back. "Are you kidding me, Brian? I didn't do that. It wasn't me."

"Oh my God," Brian cried hysterically, shaking his head. "This can't be happening. Felix is not dead. No!" He screamed as he started running out of the office with Miguel following behind.

Brian and Miguel arrived at the hospital later only to receive bad news. Felix was dead. The news was too much for Brian. He couldn't handle everything so he fainted.

***

Carter and Christian came rushing to the hospital, looking really worried. As soon as they reached Brian's floor, both of them got the surprise of their lives when they saw Miguel being interviewed and surrounded by reporters.

"This is very sad indeed, especially for my brother." He said with a serious face. "It's a great loss for the family because my brother has just lost his husband. What I can promise you though is that I will find whoever is responsible for this murder and they'll pay with jail time."

Carter clenched his fists where he stood when he saw Miguel. "I just don't like this man." He groaned, feeling like venting his anger on someone. "I don't even think he genuinely means what he said. He can even be responsible for the death of Felix."

"Carter..."

"But I am not surprised that you're still defending him." He scoffed, shaking his head. "I am gonna check on Brian."

He left and Christian just stared at Miguel, shaking his head. "I hope it wasn't you, Miguel." He muttered, feeling some kind of fear. "I really hope you're innocent."

***

Days Later

Miguel was seated at Brian's bed side, running his fingers through his hair. It was early morning but the guy was already in tears, crying like a little bed. He looked really pale like he was sick. In fact, he'd been like that for days, even after Felix's burial... His eyes were blood red and really swollen... he looked a little thin and was having difficulties eating, especially if Miguel was not around. Brian had moved back at Miguel's place but he was always in his room crying of pain. He couldn't believe Miguel had killed someone that he loved.

"Brian, you don't have to be like this." Miguel muttered, hoping Brian would return to the way he was. "I don't like seeing you like this."

"You killed him." Brian sobbed, feeling his head pulse painfully. "You murdered my Felix."

Miguel sighed, shaking his head. "I don't know how many times I have to tell you that I didn't do anything. I don't know why it's so hard to believe me."

But Brian didn't answer. He just turned and continued crying. Miguel wanted to talk to his brother and make him understand but he received an important call at the office so he left, giving orders to his workers to take care of Brian.

When he arrived at the office, he just got the surprise of his life when he found Darren there.

"What are you doing here?" Miguel asked hoarsely, folding his arms on his chest.

"I told you after Pablo's death that we would meet again." Darren said. His voice sounded business. "Now I have a few questions that I need to ask you. Have you heard about the dragons?" He asked sternly. "They are a gang that raped and murdered young men." He chuckled, leaning on the table. "I can't help but think that you were one of their victims. I know you kept it a secret and I can understand why."

Miguel felt like his wounds were reopening once again and so was his anger. He didn't appreciate Darren coming to his office and asking him stupid questions. It was like suddenly everyone was interested in his past. He didn't care if Darren seemed way older than him, muscular, and maybe even a bit more serious. He didn't even care about his handsome face or the fact that he was in uniform, giving him that mocking smile.

"So what? I was one of their victims." Miguel said sternly, staring into Darren's face. "I was raped by those bastards and I kept it to myself because no one who's gone through that and in their right mind would admit to such a terrible act."

"And when you realized who they were, you started tracking them and hiding their bodies..." He laughed softly, raising his eyebrow.

"No, no..." Miguel shook his head, chuckling bitterly.

"The fingerprints, the blood?" Darren asked with a serious face. "What about that? We were able to find Lambert and Antonio's fingerprints in your basement. Can you explain that?"

Miguel rolled his eyes. "That's your job, detective." He said rudely, chuckling softly. "What I know is that I didn't keep them in that basement, nor did I torture them. There are people that I trust, people that would do anything to protect me." He lied. "For instance, Brandon!"

"Brandon?" Darren frowned, feeling a bit confused. "Are you saying Brandon kidnapped these men?"

"Of course," Miguel nodded, rubbing seductively on his temple. "He was my right hand man and he was always so in love with me. When I told him about what had happened to me in the past, he might have gotten furious. He spoke of tracking the dragons several times. Maybe it was him who took them there to torture them."

Darren had a big question mark on his face. He was now confused. "That may be true," He said, nodding his head. "However, I don't think Brandon did all this on his own. I think you're his accomplice."

"Excuse me!" Miguel roared, clenching his fist as anger took him off his feet. "You'll have to figure that out. But remember, you already tried to pin a crime Brandon committed on me. I told you I was innocent, but you were bent on blaming me. In the end, I was proven innocent. If I were you, I wouldn't make myself look ridiculous for the second time."

Darren lost the smile on his face, shaking his head. He knew that Miguel was right. He remembered Pablo's death and what had happened before. He needed to be really careful.

"Now get out of my office!" He angrily pointed to the door. "And I don't want to ever see you."

Darren felt foolish. But he had no choice but to leave in anger. Mark came in just as Miguel was making a call to the district attorney. He talked to the district Attorney about the Darren issue, telling him to keep Darren on a leash and for Darren not to keep throwing baseless accusations on him because he only wanted to work and help the country grow. The DA promised to help and Miguel agreed to go on a dinner date with him.

He cut the call and smiled happily. "Felix is dead and I still have friends in high places." He laughed sinisterly. "That man won't bother me again."

"That's one problem we've tackled, don!" Mark said in his deep manly voice. "What about the accusations going round about you? We need to calm them down."

"Well then it's time to use our little video." An evil grin appeared on his face. "People need to know who shot Felix and that reporter."

The two men stared at each other, looking at each with so much happiness.

***

Christian was at Darren's office together with George and they were discussing on ways they were gonna protect the witnesses when Darren received a call from the District Attorney, warning him against investigating Miguel. He was really pissed and kept on accusing Miguel but of course, Christian wouldn't take it. He was still defending Miguel.

They were still arguing when they got news that there was a video that went viral. They checked it and got the surprise of their lives when they saw that it was a video of Alejandro killing Felix. Christian felt at peace when he came to know that Miguel didn't kill Felix. He even told a furious Darren that his accusations were baseless. But Darren told him that Miguel might have been involved. But Christian wouldn't accept it. There was no way Miguel would link up with a man that had brutally raped him and stripped him of his innocence. They need to arrest Alex Asap.

As the men were busy arguing, they got some terrible news that two bodies had been found dead, murdered. It was the forensics doctor and a waiter at some hotel. Both Darren and Christian didn't need to be geniuses to figure out that it was Brandon. The two men had testified against him. Both of them now knew that it was bound to get dangerous.

Meanwhile, Alejandro was driving to his house when he got a message from Daniel who was really mad at him together with a link. It was a video of him killing Felix and the reporter. Shit! He knew from that moment that Miguel had betrayed him and it was dangerous. The man drove like crazy and went into hiding.

***

"The video has gone viral, mi don." Mark said as he followed Miguel inside his bedroom. "Right now, I am sure everyone is aware that Alejandro killed Felix and Gustavo. No one will pin their deaths on you anymore."

"Why would they?" He chuckled, an evil grin appearing on his sexy face. "It was Alejandro on that video and not me."

"But..." Mark sighed, staring at his boss. "...what if Alejandro decides to tell what had happened? This might be really dangerous for us."

"He wouldn't dare." Miguel's face got stern as he clenched his fists. "Even if he does, he is the one in the video shown killing Felix so it's his word against mine. Everyone knows that there is no way in this world I would collaborate with that rapist."

Mark nodded. "And what about Brandon? I am really worried that he might tell on you about the dragons." Mark still sounded worried. "He is on the loose and according to reports, he has managed to kill two witnesses that testified against him."

Miguel chuckled bitterly. "Brandon is not the issue here. He knows me very well and what I can do." He said, staring at Mark with a frown on his face. "I was able to get rid of Darren so I have no more worries. He now thinks that Brandon killed Lambert and Antonio."

"You may be right." Mark said, trying his best to believe everything was fine. "What about the last witness, Daniel? What should we do about him?"

"Daniel is no problem." Miguel said, raising his eyebrow. "He wouldn't tell the world about me. But we're gonna have to do something about him. I don't want him dead because he was the only among the dragons that didn't rape him. He's a good man and I don't want anything happening to him."

As the two men were talking, they got a surprise when Brian came in the room, walking slowly and looking at Miguel. He still didn't look good. Miguel dismissed Mark and went to his brother.

"Brian, are you okay?" He said as he held him tightly, guiding him to the bed. "You should have called me."

"I saw the video." His voice sounded low and in pain. "I know that Alejandro is the one that killed Felix. But what I don't understand is..." He paused as a tear went down his cheek. He was still in so much pain. "...Felix didn't have any issues with Alejandro. Why would he kill him?"

Miguel sighed, feeling relieved from the inside. He knew very well that he had managed to get blames away from himself. Everyone now knew that Miguel didn't have a hand in Felix's death.

"There is nothing that you need to understand." Miguel said softly, rubbing his brother's tears. "It's clear that Alejandro had maybe found out that Felix and Gustavo were investigating the dragons and he killed them. You know that if that issue came out, the dragons would be destroyed. It's no wonder they killed him to silence him. But I promise you that I won't rest until that man is behind bars, paying for all the crimes he's committed."

Brian sobbed, feeling his head begin to pulse. His heart was beating painfully and his body was really cold. He still couldn't believe that Felix was gone just like that, after proposing to him in front of the entire world. He couldn't really believe it.

"I don't know what to think or what to believe anymore." He sobbed, burying his face between his palms. "Felix was a good man and now he's gone. I know I saw the video but you too, Miguel," He muttered, crying even more. "You would benefit a lot if Felix was dead. He wanted to bring down your empire and..."

"Really, Brian?" Miguel felt pain slowly hit him in the chest. His voice sounded low and harsh. He couldn't believe Brian had just said that to him. "Even after you saw the video, you're still doubting me. Alejandro ruined my life. He brutally raped me and..." He paused as tears went down his cheek, sobbing softly. "...I have spent my life in pain since that day. And you..." He cried, trying to rub off his tears. "...you know me very well and..." He couldn't say anymore.

Hearing Miguel, Brian raised his face and saw him crying. He felt terrible for saying all those things to him. It was really painful. He took Miguel's hand, rubbed on it while he did his best to dry his tears. But Miguel was just crying.

"I... I am so sorry." Brian stuttered, putting his hands together. "Forgive me for mistrusting you. I am really sorry, Miguel."

"No, Brian..." He sobbed softly. "...how could you even say that to me? You expect me to collaborate with a man that brutally raped me and ruined my life? I can't believe this." He cried.

"I am sorry." Brian gripped his arms around Miguel, bringing him for a hug. "I promise never to doubt you again. I am really sorry. Forgive me."

Miguel smiled through his tears as he hugged Brian tightly. "It's okay. It just hurts to see you like this, Brian."

Brian sighed as a series of tears followed. "I promise to do my best to return to the person I was. I love you so much, Miguel."

"I love you so much too." Miguel said in the most emotional voice Brian had ever heard from him. "I would do anything for you, even give my own life for your happiness."

'And I hope one day, you'll forgive me when you find out what I have done.' He thought as more tears flowed. He felt really terrible for what he had done. He actually did. 'I love you so much, Brian, believe me. I would do anything for you. But I had to make this sacrifice.'

The two brothers hugged for almost an hour, just telling each other how much they loved each other. Miguel was happy Brian was back in his house and in his life. He promised that the two of them were gonna go on a long vacation as soon as everything was over, just the two of them.

***

"Alicia, don't worry about Miguel, everything was sorted out." Yvette said with a smile on her face. "There was just some misunderstanding but now everyone knows that Alejandro is the one that killed Felix and that reporter."

"Thank God," Alicia gave a sigh of relief. "What about Carter, how's he?"

"He's okay but I think he's hatred for Miguel is getting worse." She said in a sad tone. "I think the reason Carter still doesn't want to accept his brother is because of Christian."

"You may be right. But..."

"Anyway, why are we even talking about this?" Yvette chuckled happily. "Just enjoy your time with your children and forget about this as long as you're there. You've helped us a lot. It's now time for your children to enjoy their time with their mother and your grandchildren too. I am going to Miguel's house to talk about something important. I will call you later."