Iron Rose Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Carter noticed Christian's state and he went to him to see what he was watching. Seeing the video, Carter felt his heart break for the first time, feeling like someone had just pierced it with a sword. Tears started falling and he covered his mouth as his eyes widened. God! It hurt! Really?

Seeing Miguel in so much as the guy tried to rape him was just too much, especially for Christian. He could see the pain, the horror on that beautiful face. And he actually got to find out the truth for the first time. Meanwhile, the four culprits felt terrible with what they had done when they saw Carter's face, especially Iris.

"Oh my God," Christian quickly dialed Miguel's number and for the first time, Miguel refused to answer his call. He tried again but nothing. "Fuck!" He groaned, gripping his hair.

"My brother!" Carter sobbed, staring at Christian like he was so much in pain. "Oh my God!"

"What's going on?" Ruth was surprised, seeing the two of them like that. "Why do you look like someone's dead?"

"It's Miguel!" Christian gasped, feeling hot. "A video was just released and..." He showed the video to her.

"No, Christian!" Ruth yelled, pointing angrily at him. "You're not gonna get involved."

"Excuse me!" Carter snapped, staring at Ruth like she had just committed a murder. "Miguel is my younger brother and he needs our help."

"Didn't you get anything, mother?" Christian said, furiously rubbing his tears. "Miguel isn't who you think he is. This boy has suffered more than we think because his real name is not Miguel Powers." He yelled, surprising his mother. "His real is Angelo Rodriguez, the young businessman who was found murdered and brutally raped four years with his face completely disfigured. Now, now I understand him even more..." He sobbed, gripping his hair. He had never felt such agony. "...to go through such pain at such a young age, betrayed by his own husband. He was only 20 for god's sake."

Ruth felt bad. She took Carter's hands and rubbed on his back to make him feel better. "Carter, I understand your pain." She sighed. "But I don't think it's worth it going after Miguel. You'll only get into trouble."

"No, you don't..." Carter sniveled, crying his eyes out. "...I always made him feel worthless, told him that his past didn't matter. To still be alive after such an act would be really painful for someone his age. You have no idea how painful it is to watch Alejandro trying to rape him again. I need to see him."

Carter took out his phone and dialed his number.

Meanwhile, Miguel was staring at his iPad in pain, watching how the news was slandering him, calling him 'the black widower.' It was really painful. He now knew that everyone knew what he had done and they were making a mockery out of it. He looked out the window and got the shock of seeing his picture displayed on the window of a shop as a wanted criminal.

Just then, he heard his phone ring and it was Carter calling. He didn't want to talk to Christian but he could at least answer his brother.

"Carte!"

'Miguel, please tell me where you are.' Carter sobbed on the other end, surprising Miguel to the core. 'Please, I want to see you. I am so sorry for everything. I now understand why you are like that. You only killed that bastard in self-defense. I want to help you.'

Miguel felt tears building in his eyes. "Really, Carter? You want to help me?"

'Yes!' It was Christian's voice. 'Miguel, you can get away from all this if you turn yourself in. You were only a victim and I will help you as a lawyer. But you need to turn yourself in.'

Miguel rubbed his tears as he felt a really terrible pain hit him. He felt so much anger and pain that his chest tightened.

"Christian?" Miguel seethed, chuckling bitterly. "Carter, you claim you want to help me but you're still with him?"

"Miguel, I..."

But it was too late. Miguel cut the call and switched off his phone. By the time the time the police invaded his house, he was already far away, somewhere where they couldn't find him or locate him.

***

Few Weeks Later

Miguel was at a private harbor, staring at the sea with a stern look on his face. The cool breeze was blowing his red hair backwards, revealing his gorgeous face. He had his arms wrapped around himself, breathing in the cool breeze while deeply lost in thought.

He was putting on a sexy black jumpsuit that was a little tight and perfectly made for his body with red designer's snickers on his feet. In the past weeks, things had changed but he still kept track on all the people around him and knew whatever was happening in his brothers' lives. He still couldn't believe the police were looking for him.

"It's more dangerous to be around here, Miguel..." Lucio said, rubbing on Miguel's shoulders. "Now the police are guarding this area."

Miguel breathed in deeply, trying his best to smile at Lucio. "I had dreams, Lucio." He chuckled. "I had great dreams when I was very young to build a house on the beach and spend most of my time there. But ever since my parents' death, I failed to make that dream come true because the beach reminded me of all the pain that I have ever been through. I had the potential to fulfill that dream but it scared me."

Lucio sighed, shaking his head. "But now you have an opportunity to start a new life in a new country, somewhere where no one will know who you are." He assured. He loved Miguel too much. "You should stop holding on to your past and move on. You deserve to be happy. You deserve to be with someone that will make you happy. You are really wealthy. You have billion dollar companies anonymously opened in different countries. Why don't you go to one of them and start anew?"

Miguel chuckled. But before he could answer Lucio's question, Mark came rushing to him and for the first time, the sexy guard wasn't putting on a suit. He was wearing a deep blue shirt with a black trouser and black shoes.

"Mark, did you find out what I asked?"

"Yes, Don!" Mark said with his ever serious face. "The wedding is taking place in Sumitria. It is just a small private ceremony with just friends and family in attendance."

"Good!" Miguel said, rubbing on his temple sexily. "Get ready. We'll be leaving in two minutes."

"Miguel!" Lucio caught Miguel's hand and pulled him close. "Please, don't go there, I beg you. Don't go to stop the wedding because it might end in tragedy if the police see you."

Miguel laughed, shaking his head. "I am armed. No one will see me."

"But are you going to kill them even after they attempted to look for you?"

"Pretended to look for me." Miguel seethed, clenching his fist. He was so much in pain. "It was all pretense because if they were really looking for me, they wouldn't have been getting married. Christian gave me all those fake promises and in the end betrayed me." He was suppressing his tears. "He took me for a fool and then he thinks he can go free just like that? No!" He yelled. "I cannot kill Carter because he's my brother. My parents would never forgive me for that."

Lucio sighed, holding Miguel's hands. "Are you going to kill Christian then? True love forgives."

"True love doesn't betray, Lucio." He said harshly, shaking his head. "That's what Christian and Carter did to me." He threw himself at Lucio's chest, hugging him tightly. He felt emotional when Lucio wrapped his arms around him and kissed his head. "I love you so much, Lucio. But this may be the last time you'll ever see me."

Lucio couldn't fight his tears. "I will pray to the spirits to guide you. They've never failed you."

Miguel pulled away, rubbing his tears. Then he and Mark went away, leaving Lucio in tears. Lucio felt like he was losing his child.

Meanwhile, Daniel who had been suffering for the past weeks that Miguel had been missing finally grew some balls and went to the police and turned himself in for being involved in the rape and attempted murder of Angelo Rodriguez. The police didn't waste any time and locked him up.

***

The place was completely decorated with beautifully colored flowers, giving it that extra touch. Everyone was in their happy moods, dressed their best and patiently seated on the pure white chairs. The people were either in white or gray attire as it was the theme for the wedding.

Carter and Christian's wedding was an outdoor wedding, held in one of the best gardens in Sumitria. It was completely surrounded by beautiful flowers of different colors, a large space where everything was arranged. It was just a simple wedding and only close friends and relatives were in attendance, especially people of the neighborhood. It was meant to be a private wedding because Carter didn't want any surprises.

Brian too was in attendance, dressed in a beautiful white shirt with a white designer's trouser and white black shoes. He had to attend the wedding of Carter, be there for him. He was still very much hurt after finding out that Miguel had actually ordered Felix killed. He hadn't heard from him in weeks and had been staying at Carter's house.

Ximena and George had a baby girl and everyone else was happy. They were all in attendance, including the four culprits that had told Carter what they had done. Although Carter had been mad at them, he forgave them and told them they were his family.

And here they were, the two grooms looking gorgeous and standing in front, staring at each other like they wanted to kiss each other's lips off while holding each other's hands. They weren't dressed to kill but their outfits were just simple.

Christian was putting on a cream a simple, pure white designer's suit with a white shirt inside and white shoes. His hair was gelled and then combed backwards, making his face to be gorgeous. Carter on the hand was also wearing a white designer's suit, white shoes and his hair tied into a ponytail. He had a great smile on his face, his heart racing and feeling like the luckiest man on the planet. Christian was marrying him and he couldn't wish for anything else in this world.

The priest was busy reading whatever he was reading but both men weren't even paying attention. All they did was stare at each other. Christian was really scared and his heart was racing. He knew from the step he had taken, he wasn't gonna turn back. But he was really still worried about Miguel. He just wished he could set his eyes on him even if it was gonna be just once.

Meanwhile, there was an abandoned building near the garden. In this building, Miguel was standing at a small window, watching from afar with so much pain. His eyes were watery and his fists were clenched as he saw the man that he loved with his entire heart marrying his brother. He was feeling like someone had pierced his heart with a really hot sword. He was trembling from anger and his heart was pounding painfully in his chest. He couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"I won't allow this." He groaned.

Miguel took out his sniper riffle and got ready to shoot, aiming at the two.

"Wait Don! If you shoot, cops will swarm this place." Mark said, staring at Miguel. He was wearing black sunglasses that made him look hot. "We won't be able to escape this time."

Miguel felt a tear going down his cheek which he quickly rubbed. He looked through the scope, watching the two smiling and it just hurt him the more. He cocked the riffle, his finger trembling at the trigger. He was bleeding terribly and his breaths were harsh.

"I have seen Darren at the wedding." Mark warned, looking straight at the detective who was smiling, clapping his hands. "I'm sure he didn't come alone. If you fire, it will alert everyone and they'll know we're are here. It will be too dangerous for you, Don."

Miguel moved his eye from the scope, looking at Mark with so much tears in his eyes. "I've never given anyone so much of me." He said in a harsh voice, gripping the riffle harder. "I just can't watch him betray me like this."

He looked at the two and sobbed when he saw them laughing. Then he looked through the scope again, aiming at Christian's heart while breathing harshly with tears flooding his face. "I just can't let him marry my brother."

Mark touched Miguel's shoulder, trying to make him feel better. He had never seen Miguel in such a state and it hurt him too because he loved Miguel so much. "It's too dangerous. We can take care of Christian later on if you'd like."

Miguel shook his head, more tears flooding his face. The more tears that flowed, the more pain his heart went through. He had never felt so tortured, so tormented than he did at that particular time. He wasn't even thinking about anything but Christian's death.

"I trusted Christian, Mark." He sobbed, still looking through the scope. His hands were trembling in anger and fear. "I told him all my darkest secrets. I even told him about the dragons but he..." He paused and rubbed the billion tears on his face. "...he betrayed me just like the rest of them."

Tears didn't seize to flow as he pointed the gun at Christian, feeling a sharp pain in his chest. He was sobbing softly, shaking his head. "I can't stand seeing them together. But I can't shoot right now." He sniveled. "I want my brother away from him. I can't shoot when Carter is already there. I don't want to hurt him."

Miguel watched the two men looking at each other happily and it killed him inside. His heart was pounding so sharply in his chest that he was only seconds away from having a heart attack. Never in his life had he thought that he'd witness the day when he would see Christian marrying someone else, especially his brother. It was the most painful thing ever. Miguel closed his eyes as flashbacks started forming in his head.

'You've changed my life, Miguel.' Christian's voice rang through his head. 'I will never love anyone else aside from you. I will die loving you. That's a promise.'

He opened his eyes, breathing heavily while more tears flooded his face in series. He looked through the scope, trying to pull the trigger, feeling a huge lump suddenly develop on his throat. He moved from the scope and looked at his brother, seeing him kissing Christian and hugging him tightly. They kissed again while everyone stood up, clapping for them.

"They're married now." Miguel sobbed softly.

He stared at his brother, seeing him laugh so much and that smile on his face when he kissed Christian, it hurt Miguel as he felt like his skin was being ripped out. His pain intensified as he sobbed, feeling his heart shatter to pieces.

With a painful groan and his finger trembling on the trigger, Miguel finally let go and put the gun down. He looked at carter, seeing that happy look on his face. His brotherly instinct finally set in and he couldn't do it. He couldn't bear to wipe that smile off his brother's face.

'In this world, there are two kinds of people...' He remembered his father's words when he was very young. '...the first is the type that are ready to take away the happiness of others and the second is the type that is ready to sacrifice their own happiness for the sake of other people's happiness. The latter is the people that are rare because it's very difficult to sacrifice your own happiness. But in the end, love wins and you are willing to suffer for the sake of it.'

'Angelo, I will always love you. I am willing to give my life for the sake of you.' Gabriel's words came back to him and he cried even more, feeling really weak. 'Before anyone thinks of hurting you, they'll have to hurt me first because I won't allow death to take you from me. Death will have to take me first.'

Miguel covered his mouth, preventing any sounds from coming out. Of all the men, it had been someone that had betrayed him, someone that had wanted to kill him and someone that had hated him who showed him that he loved him so much and even gave his life for him, Gabriel. Guess, you have to lose something to know its worth. Those had been Gabriel's words.

Meanwhile, Carter was now a married man, a happy and fulfilled man. He was standing on his own, watching his husband being greeted happily by everyone. He was smiling when someone came to hug him. That was when he saw Miguel, staring right at him with a gun in his hand. Seeing Miguel, carter got really scared.

"I smell trouble!" Mark said abruptly, holding Miguel's shoulder. "Carter has seen you. We need to leave, right now!"

Miguel looked at Carter and he got emotional as he rubbed his tears. Then he quickly turned and got out of the building. He started rushing to where they had parked the car when suddenly, he heard Carter's voice behind him. He began running but Carter was still following them.

Miguel made a turn and quickly entered an abandoned construction. He wanted to make a shortcut when...

"Where have you been all this time?" Carter asked in an emotional voice.

Miguel stopped and turned to see his brother staring at him.

"Hiding of course," He chuckled bitterly, shaking his head. "Watching as the entire country make fun of my pain. They call me the black widower. Am I to be blamed for his death?"

"And Felix?" Carter asked, feeling a sharp pain in his heart. "What about him?"

Miguel tried his best to act strong but he wasn't fooling anyone. "He wanted to destroy me and use what I did to the dragons against me."

Carter felt tears building in his eyes. Seeing his brother after so many weeks was too much for him.

"You seem to still have resentment." He said with a sigh. "Is that why you're here? Did you come here to ruin my wedding?"

"I... I saw you and Christian and how happy you both were..." He was battling tears as pain slipped through his system. "...it was really so painful for me and I will not lie to you. But it reminded me of myself and..."

"And Gabriel." Carter finished Miguel's sentence, a tear going down his cheek. "...your late husband who betrayed you."

Miguel nodded, feeling his heart begin to race. "I can't congratulate you on your wedding because I still feel like you betrayed me." He said hoarsely, staring into his brother's teary eyes. "I kept my distance from Christian but you didn't do the same." Tears rolled down his cheeks but he quickly rubbed them. "But it's not like I expected loyalty from a brother who considered me dead and didn't want to do anything with me. I didn't expect any loyalty from you because I abandoned you!" He chuckled bitterly, getting even closer. "So now we're even, Carter. Go back to your wedding and be happy with Christian."

He turned and started going away but...

"What are you going to do?" Carter asked, raising his voice. He had no idea why Miguel's words hurt him so much. "What about the police?"

Miguel turned and laughed sarcastically. "I'd rather die than let them catch me. In any case, today is the last time we'll ever see each other."

He turned and started going but carter rushed to him and blocked him, opening his arms. Miguel looked at him in shock, wondering why Carter was doing that.

"What more do you want from me?" He snapped, raising his voice. He was starting to get mad.

"I've always dreamed of having a young brother ever since I was a little kid." Carter shuddered, more tears flooding his face. He had never felt the way he did for Miguel at that time. "And now that I know I have a younger brother, you want to leave just like that on my wedding day? Haven't you ever thought of me at all, Miguel? Haven't ever regretted abandoning me?"

Miguel couldn't fight his tears anymore. They came rolling down his cheeks and no matter how much he rubbed them, they still flowed. It was like they had a mind of their own.

"My entire life, I had dreamt of having a younger sibling or any sibling." He sobbed, stamping his foot on the floor. "It had always been my dream but my parents couldn't give me one because they were murdered. I thought my uncle would give me a sibling too but he got murdered as well. And when I found out that I had one..." He paused and cried softly, feeling so terrible. "...it was too late. Angelo was no more. He was murdered and brutally raped. Bringing you into my world would have been really dangerous.