Isabel, The Beauty Next Door Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bamo68
Bamo68
790 Followers

Every other afternoon, I go to the Kendo gym and work out for a couple of hours before returning to the flat and going online. I am still working with Drew on her skyscraper, but it's way past the preliminary stages, and Drew is putting in fine detail. The structural program allowed her another eight levels from her original plan. She has devised an ingenious system that waters the plants and is aesthetically pleasing. We still bounce ideas around, and she shows me what she's been doing for the week in between.

Surprisingly, I am finding all my different aspects of University well within my capabilities, and Drew gave me a great tip. I record each class on a digital recorder. I play it back later on and make better notes from each class. This gives me a better way to store the information on my computer and an excellent way to review and revise when the time comes.

There's a buzz in Design, and the rumor is that we will be getting our first project that will be graded. With many of the different parts of my degree, we build a portfolio of various tasks. I feel I have a massive advantage over my classmates because of what Mr. Jenkins conspired with Sampson Harris to test me with.

"Right, silence." The professor says as he walks in. "Today, I am going to give you your first set task. As most of you know, there is a specified criterion that you have to fulfill. This covers your understanding of structural form. We will need to see your method of design with theoretical and actual structural load diagrams. With that information, you will make from the kits provided a model of......" He does a drum roll on his desk, "a bridge."

There's a mumbling between the group as the professor gives out the instructions and detailed drawings. I look at my handout when I am handed it. "As usual, there is a download from the site," he shouts over the talking. I'm amazed; I have already done a similar college study and scan the criteria for any differences. As far as I can see, there are none. This pleases me because I made a couple of miscalculations in my first design and have been dying for a second go at it.

"Mr. Smithe, can we use any design of bridge?"

"Yes, as long as it performs to the specifications and shows how you got there."

Isabel's group has got a little bigger, and they often go to the library to do their assignments and look up facts. Some girls have started to date the guys, and they have been hanging around the group.

One evening Isabel comes home looking a little upset. "What's up, Iz?"

"Sorry, Jimmy, I'm a little frustrated. This guy in my class has made me uncomfortable from day one. I managed to keep him at arm's length, but he's just started to hang around the group, and I'm worried that I will have to stop hanging around them if he continues."

"What does he do to make you feel uncomfortable?"

"He constantly looks at me, and when I walk in, his eyes seem to try to strip me. He's not very nice either and reminds me of Bradly."

"Oh god, he's that bad, is he?" I say, pulling a face.

"This is serious, and I get the feeling he doesn't believe you exist."

"So the big question, is there something I can do about it?"

"I'm not sure, Jimmy; I don't want to cause problems for people. It could change their lives and everything. Can you just leave it for now?"

"Hey, you're the boss. I will support you in any way I can." We have our usual cuddle, and she heads off to change. I shout through the open bedroom door. "Sam has been nagging me to invite them up next weekend. What do you think?"

"Oh yes, please, it will be nice to catch up and maybe go out." I get the puppy dog's eyes as she exits the bedroom. I pick up my phone and video call Sam, "Hey, Munchkin."

"Oh hello..... um, whatever your name is."

"Well, if you don't know me, I won't have to invite you next weekend then." I hear both Sam and Hannah scream at the same time.

"Oh, Jay, I have missed you so much. I can't wait. We'll book the train as soon as. So how have you been?"

"Yeah, good, sorry I've not been in touch as often, but it is allowed for you to call me once in a while."

"It's been bloody manic here. With work and Uni, I've just not had a chance. Next weekend is our first weekend off together since you left."

"How are you finding the course?"

"Oh, you know me, I struggle and then get an A."

"I hope so, Munchkin. How's everyone else?"

"All good. Hannah's still lovely. I just don't get to see her enough. Oh, and Mum has a new man in her life called Brian."

"Really, what's he like?" Isabel shouts from the kitchen.

"Hey girl, I don't know. She's not introduced us yet."

I walk over so Isabel can be in the picture. "Wow, so how long have they been going out?"

"About two weeks. He's a workmate or something, and they've only been on three dates. She seems to like him, though, so time will tell."

"How do you feel about it, Munchkin?"

"It's about bloody time. I couldn't be happier or relieved." Sam is beaming at me down the phone. "Anyway, Jay, I've got to love you and leave you."

"Okay, Munchkin, I'll call you before next weekend to find out what train you will be on."

"Okay, Jay, love you."

"Love you too, Munchie," I say as she hangs up.

I look at Isabel, "Sorted." She smiles and gives me a quick kiss before returning to her cooking.

******

"JAY," Sam shouts when she spots me waiting on the other side of the barrier. As she gets close, she launches herself in her usual way and locks both arms and legs around me. After about a minute of trying to squeeze me to death, she lifts her head and kisses me.

"Hello, Munchkin, I say as our lips separate.

"I've missed you so much. I didn't think the distance would make a difference, but you seem so far away." She says all excitedly.

"Now you know how I felt when you moved out."

Sam's head turns towards Isabel. "Hello beautiful, how is life in the big leagues?"

"Hey, Sam. It's not what I expected."

"Shit, still feeling the same?" Isabel nods, and Sam unravels herself from me. She puts her arms around her and pulls her into a hug. "I'm sure it's going to work itself out."

I turn to Hannah, who is watching from the side. "Hi, Hannah." I open my arms, and a satisfied smile spreads across her face.

"Hi, Jay. It's good to see you. This one has been Miss Grumpypuss too long."

"Oh, she has, has she?"

"Mmmm, yeah. They have rewritten the saying, 'all work and no play makes Sam a very grumpy girl."

I laugh, "And how is Hannah doing?"

"Pretty good. I have a beautiful girlfriend, and Uni is going well."

"I think you will find the main reason for Miss Grumpypuss is the fact she sees little of both of us." I whisper in Hannah's ear.

We break apart with her giving me the eye. I pick the bag closest to me up. We make our way out of the busy station and over the road to the car park.

As I park on the drive, I ask Sam, "What do you want to do tonight?"

"Not sure, but it has to involve food," Sam says.

"Out for a meal and a drink?"

"Sounds good. We are going to a club tomorrow, though?"

"Too right," Isabel says.

We get out and make our way into the apartment. We've cleared anything breakable out of the second bedroom and watch Sam look round with an impressed look.

We end up in Sam's favourite, the Chinese restaurant. We catch up on what's happening back in Devon. They've had no other problems with the guys I beat to a pulp and still seem very much in love.

The night flows by, and we end up in a pub around the corner from the apartment. It's quieter than the one down the road to the Chinese, but we are here to chat, not shout.

We get in around one and sit on the sofa, not wanting the night to end. We haven't drunk too much, and Isabel kicks her shoes off and curls up next to me. It's another hour before Hannah and Sam start to yawn and finally admit defeat before heading to their room.

Saturday morning, I wake to three half-naked ladies drinking coffee sitting around the living room. None of them try to cover up as I make my way into the kitchen to make myself a brew.

I sit between Isabel and Sam. "So, what are you talking about?"

"This asshole that's making Isabel's life uncomfortable." Sam rests her head on my shoulder. "Is there nothing you can do, Jay?"

I think for a minute. "The only thing I can think will need a bit of luck." I look at the three sets of eyes, now totally focused on me. "We are in the process of organizing a Kendo demonstration. If Isabel makes it known in class, she will come and watch. You never know, he might take the bait. He won't be able to stop himself from trying to impress Isabel and will volunteer to help with the demo."

There's silence for a moment. "Well, it's worth a try," Isabel says, then blows out a breath at the thought of what will need to go right.

To Sam's dismay, we have breakfast and then go for a walk around the University gardens. She's a little happier when we stop at one of the coffee shops for something to eat. The place we stop is one of the popular places and is busy. We are lucky to find a table, and Sam is enjoying the lively atmosphere.

Hannah and Isabel walk ahead of Sam and me as we return to the apartment.

I lean into Sam, "so, how did you persuade Isabel to change her mind."

She looks at me with a confident smile and then answers, "We just pointed out that not doing anything encourages him to continue."

"I just hope it works."

"Yeah, so do I. She deserves a good experience here, and it's so beautiful. I'm not one for walks in the park, but this is some park." She lets that thought hang and then asks. "So when is the Kendo display?"

"We are doing several in different parts of the University. The one Isabel will be coming along to is on Thursday lunchtime. There's a natural auditorium they use for plays, covered from the elements, and has a good footfall of passing people."

"Sounds good, so where are you taking us tonight?"

"We are going into town to a club called Vinyl. We went there a couple of weeks ago and had a good night. What time are you leaving tomorrow?"

"Ahhh, always have to bring the conversation down. We need to be at the station for one-thirty." She gives me the 'I'm going to miss you' look, so I wrap my arm around her, and we walk for a while in silence.

We've booked a taxi for eight, and I am sitting ready to go, waiting for the others to finish doing what they do. I open up my tablet and go through my emails as I wait.

There's a cough in front of me, and I look up to see three beauties smiling back at me. "Wow, you three look stunning," I say as I eye each one.

"Why, thank you, kind sir," Sam says.

The taxi makes his presence known, and we make our way outside. As the cab makes its way into town, I hear Isabel say, "Can we have an evening without drama tonight?" I smile at her and nod in agreement.

The night is good. We get some food before making our way to the club. As we enter, the sound surrounds you, and you can't help but move to the music as we find a table. Luckily the club had not long opened and was still filling up with eager people hell-bent on having a good time.

Over the sound of music, I hear someone call Isabel's name. I tap her on the shoulder and point to the girl that just called to her. Isabel's face lights up, and she gestures for the girl to join us. Isabel introduces us, and the girl's eyes instantly look at me as she says who I am. "Guys, this is Felix."

She leans close, "so you're the famous James. We thought you were a figment of Isabel's imagination."

"I'm not on your side of the University much, so I can see why."

"What are you studying?"

"I'm studying to be an architect and structural engineer."

"Both? I'm not surprised you're not around much."

"Yeah, and what free time I get never coincides with Isabel." I glance around the table. "I'm going up to get the drinks. Do you want one?"

"Oh, thanks," she shows me her glass.

"VK it is." I glance around the table. "Same again?" I get a nod from each. As I get up, Felix slides in and continues talking to all three girls. When I get back, a second friend has joined. "Sorry, did you want a drink?" She shakes her head and holds up a nearly full glass.

She offers a hand, "You must be James. It's a pleasure to meet you finally. I'm April."

"Are you one of the group that hangs out together?"

"For all my sins." A guy walks up, not looking very happy. For a second, I think, 'not again.'

"Jack, this is James, Isabel's boyfriend. James, this is my boyfriend, Jack."

As I stand to shake his hand, his eyes open wider as I am a good four inches taller than him.

"Nice to meet you, Jack," I say as he grips my hand firmly. I'm not into seeing who's got the biggest dick, so ignore it.

As the night draws on, we dance and have a great night. Isabel seems so much happier tonight. Having Sam and Hannah up has done her a world of good. I just hope Thursday will do the trick.

******

Sam and Hannah caught their train, and Sam was in floods of tears as usual. I promised her she could visit anytime she needed to, making her happier.

The week seemed to be dragging. Isabel came home really happy on Tuesday because she saw one of our posters when she was with the group and made a show of putting it on her phone. Everyone from the group seems to take note, and it sounds like they will come along with her to see what is involved. They like the idea of doing some self-defense classes because a couple has had uncomfortable experiences around the University grounds.

Thursday morning comes around, and Isabel seems optimistic that the plan will work. My professor has allowed me to leave a little early from his lecture, and we use my car to load up all the equipment we will need for the demonstration.

As we warm up, some students walk in and take a seat. We have both got our protective suits, or bogu on, and are using the shinai, or bamboo sword. We do a little light sparing to warm up as more people join us. I see Isabel come in with a group of girls. I feel a twinge of disappointment until I see a group of guys walk twenty meters behind them. Isabel's group moves towards the front, and the guys sit three rows back.

Troy, the sensei, introduces himself and explains what we will be doing. He also explains who I am and that, in this rare case, I am more skilled than he is at the art of sword fighting. We have been sparring in our spare time, and it has got quite competitive.

As we get ready to fight, he walks over, "Don't hold back. Let's give them a good show."

"No problem," I say.

We start with our respect for our opponent and bow. Then cross swords and just go for it. I block every shot he makes and then counter with a point-scoring shot myself. We stay clear of headshots because they can go wrong quickly, and we don't want to scare people off. When Troy calls a halt, there's a generous round of applause. It takes me a bit by surprise as quite a number of people are now watching.

Troy again explains what they saw. He asked if anyone had any questions and got the usual ones about our swords. I am standing at the back, removing my kit and putting my keikogi (jacket) on. I tie my black belt and wait for the next part.

Troy then explains the self-defense aspect and what the club can offer. We run through some simple techniques that we can teach and also some other moves that are a little more technical.

As the demonstration nears the end. "Do we have any volunteers to demonstrate simple self-defense moves?" Troy asks, looking around the crowd.

"I'd like a go with one of those bamboo swords to see how hard it is." One of the guys behind Isabel shouts.

I can see instantly this is the guy that's given her grief. Troy looks at me with uncertainty, and I nod.

"Okay, sir, we will get you protected, and you can go up against my friend here. All you have to do is hit him."

He looks at Isabel and sees her eyes focused on me, "Yeah, okay." He says, thinking to show me up.

He walks down, and we put the jacket and the head protection on him. "Right, it's a simple game of seeing if you can hit Jay."

He starts pretty timid and does a couple of jabs and long swings at me, but they are easy. Each time he misses, I tap him with my sword. He starts to get a little wound up and wilder. He starts to hit harder, and my hits, in return, get harder. He loses any control he had and makes my defense easier.

Troy calls a halt, but the guy isn't happy. I'm not sure what he thought he could do against a black belt, but he took another swing to my head as I turned to the side. Luckily I see it coming and block the shot. In return, I make a full-on attack. I hit every part of his armor. Don't get me wrong. The armor does stop you from getting seriously hurt, but you still feel a little pain from any shot landed.

I can see the panic in the guy's eyes as he tries to back away. He stumbles over his feet, and as he starts to fall back, I launch myself high in the air aiming my last shot directly down onto his head. The bamboo stops a fraction away from his helmet as he squeals like a pig. There's a ripple of laughter around the room and a ripple of applause.

"He just tried to injure me," the guy says.

"Shouldn't have tried that cheap shot then, should you," the girl next to Isabel says. Several people agree with her and shout, 'yeah.'

Isabel gets up and walks over. I see the guys eyes look towards Isabel. For a moment he thinks he's got her attention and she's finally going to talk to him.

"Are you okay, Jimmy?" Isabel say. I smile and nod at her. "Jimmy, this is Victor from my classes. Victor, this is my boyfriend, James." Victor's face has contorted into shock.

I pull the guy to his feet. "Victor, let me help you with this."

He looks at me as I help him off with the headgear and jacket. He gathers his thoughts and then walks off without saying a word. I look at Isabel and shrug my shoulders with an innocent look.

Isabel takes my hand and walks over to where the rest of her friends are sitting. "Guys, this is my boyfriend, James. James, these are some of my classmates Millie, Sofia, Charlotte, and you already know Felix and April. I nod to each one in turn.

"James," Sofia says with a sly smile. "We've got a little wager going on. We were wondering how ripped you are under that t-shirt."

"Do you now?" I say. "Well, the only person here that knows that is Izzy."

Sofia sticks her bottom lip out. I see Isabel get that look as she moves next to me. "Sofia, are you asking to see my boyfriend's six-pack?"

Sofia nods, her eyes going a little wide as Isabel's hand plays with the hem of my t-shirt. "What do you think, Jay? Are these ladies allowed to see what I cuddle up to every night?"

"Wait, you two live together?" Charlotte says from her seat.

"Yes, we share a flat," I say, slightly bemused. "Have you not told them anything about us?" I ask Isabel.

"I have, but some people just don't listen." Isabel lets out an exasperated breath. "Come on, guys, you all know about James."

"Yes, but I guess we didn't think he was real until we met him."

"So, people don't exist until you meet them?" I ask.

"It's not like that. It's just a person doesn't become real in your mind until you meet them. We don't get to see you because you two are taking different degrees."

"Look, we are getting away from the important part of this conversation," Sofia says, looking a little agitated.

"Christ Sofia, are you that desperate to see?" Isabel says taking her hands away my shirt. Sofia's eyes sadden like a child that's dropped her favorite teddy. The moment seems to have passed. "Oh baby, your T-shirt is soaking. We best take it off." Isabel then, without another word, takes my shirt off over my head in one seemingly practiced move, and there are several wolf whistles from around the arena. The shocked look on Sofia's faces is priceless.

Bamo68
Bamo68
790 Followers