Isabel, The Beauty Next Door Pt. 07

Story Info
James and Isabel start life together at University.
21.8k words
4.87
7.6k
9
Story does not have any tags

Part 7 of the 9 part series

Updated 07/06/2023
Created 11/05/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bamo68
Bamo68
790 Followers

Hello and welcome to part seven. Apologies for the wait you've had to endure. There is a reason which I hope you will work out for yourself.

Once again I must thank you for all the positive feedback as well as the constructive criticism.

I have now found an editor, so a big thank you to Ian D for your help with my poor spelling and punctuation.

Please feel free once again to leave me a message and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

It's been some time since part six, and I have been asked to do a catch-up to remind you what's happened so far. If you want to scoot down to the start of part seven, I have made it easy to find.

The story so far

James Stokes is an 18-year-old who's just finished college. He lives with his parents, twin brother Bradly and younger sister Sarah. He is a shy lad who prefers to quietly get on with life.

His best friend, a neighbour, Sam (Samantha), has moved away, leaving both the next door and James's life empty. He works part-time for his dad's building firm to save money for University.

The Richards are the family who has bought next door. They have moved to Devon from north London to prevent bankruptcy. Mum, Heather, Dad, Henry, Zac, who's ten, and the beautiful Isabel.

Isabel is a complicated girl who has focused her life on schooling to fulfill her dream of Cambridge University. A family friend's son assaulted her when she was sixteen. She has hated male attention ever since.

As soon as the new family moves in, Bradly makes a move, to Isabel's annoyance. Bradly is an up-and-coming football player who plays for Plymouth Argyle. He is a talented striker and has the ego to go with it. He thinks that every single female will want him.

James meets Isabel for the first time after returning from his Saturday morning work. Bradly had been helping the Richards move in but has a football match in the afternoon. Isabel had locked herself in her room to avoid Bradly. The only job left was Isabel's furniture.

Once James and Isabel met, there was an instant connection, and Bradly stood no chance. Bradly tries to break the pair up by saying James already has a girlfriend in the shape of Sam, but unbeknown to Bradly, Sam only likes girls. A couple of days later, this comes to a head ending with a fight.

Isabel's and James's relationship develops into love. Isabel meets Sam and her girlfriend, Hannah. Bradly gets a flat in Plymouth closer to the club where he plays.

James visits Sam in Exeter with Isabel and goes on a night out. They get some unwelcome attention. James again needed to use his martial arts training to pacify the guy, but the following evening, he has to fend off several attackers in the fight that doesn't end too well for his assailants.

Isabel learns that her parents can no longer afford to support her through University, leaving her in turmoil. Call it fate or destiny, James gets offered an architect job with an international firm based in Exeter, and they wanted to put him through University. This enables James to help Isabel fulfill her dream.

James scares everyone by being hit by a car while saving a young boy's life. While recovering, he and Isabel get to know each other, spending time together.

The end of six, Isabel and James are getting ready for life together at university. Isabel confronts the ass that assaulted her at 16, getting the confidence from her relationship with James. They chose to promise themselves to each other...

As always all sexually active characters are over the ages of eighteen.

******

Part 7

I look at myself in the full-length mirror in my room. It's not often that I dress up, but today is special. What started as a simple ceremony has turned into something more formal and a full-on Lewis party, including hiring the Thatch, with DJ, the works.

The only person who doesn't know is Sam. As we speak, she's being picked up from the station by my mother. Sam thinks there is a surprise leaving party for Isabel and me. We've told Hannah what was happening, so she could secretly conspire to pack one of Sam's dresses.

When I say dressed up, I don't mean a suit but smart casual. You know, shirt and tie, trousers, shoes, not trainers. I'm playing with the gold ring that arrived on Wednesday registered post from the jewelers near where Isabel's Gran lives. She's even made the long trip down for the event.

Just to remind you, Isabel and I will exchange vows and promise ourselves to each other in front of our family and friends. We are way too young to marry, although I can't see myself with anyone else. Isabel is my perfect mate; she's beautiful, funny, and intelligent. On top of that, she just gets me, and it's like we are made for each other.

The only person missing is my twin brother Brad. He's got a match this afternoon and couldn't make it. I also get the impression he doesn't get what all the fuss is about, and I question if he would have come anyway.

"Knock, Knock?" I turn to see Isabel's grandmother walking up the stairs. "I hope you're decent." She says as she gets to the top.

"Hey Gran, take a load off."

"Wow, this is nice. Isabel tried to describe your room, but it's far better."

"Thanks," I say, beaming, walking towards her.

She stands as I get close. "Here, let me sort you out." She starts straightening my collar and doing the finishing touches my mother typically does.

"How long does it take to get to Barnstaple train station and back?"

"Depends on traffic Gran. Normally around thirty-five minutes each way."

"Your mother shouldn't be much longer then. I do like your mum Heather. I can see where you get your looks from."

"Thank you, Gran. Are you ready to meet Sam, though?"

"I find it all a little strange. It's like you have two girlfriends."

"No, not in the true meaning of the word. The way Sam is my girlfriend is that she is a girl and my friend. Don't forget she doesn't like boys." I'm sure I'm just talking rubbish, but Gran sits there looking like she's thinking.

"Not sure what I think about that. A couple in my block are in a same-sex marriage thing, and they seem happy. They even have a baby. What is Sam's girlfriend called again?"

"Hannah, Gran, and she's has a very calming effect on Sam, so hopefully, when the shock of what she's here for has worn off, she will behave herself."

"My Heather says she wants to have your baby one day."

"Yes, she has asked, but it doesn't feel right with me being with Isabel."

"Did I hear my name being used, Jimmy?" Isabel says as she walks up the stairs.

"Isabel, what are you doing here? It's unlucky."

"That's just for a wedding Gran. We're not getting married."

"Yes, well, I'm pleased you're doing this promise thing before you live together in sin." Isabel smiles and sits down on the sofa.

"You're looking stunning, Iz," I say as I drink in my beautiful girl sitting in front of me.

"Why, thank you, Jimmy, you don't look half bad yourself."

I sit down between the two, "Sam should be here soon."

"Yeah, are you prepared for the explosion when you tell her?"

"She's going to go into orbit. She won't know what to do and hug me to death. Maybe I should have waited to change into this." I gesture towards my shirt.

"I do like that shirt on you. Anyway, I am here to grab Gran before Sam arrives and ruins the surprise."

"So why haven't you told Sam the real reason she's here?"

"Take it from me, Gran; if she knows the real reason for this trip, she would be taking over, and it would be what Sam wants and not us. Her personality is larger than life. She's also an over thinker and would not cope well with the pressure."

"You make her sound like someone with mental problems."

"I'll walk you back down, Gran," Isabel says, smiling at her Gran.

Gran gets up with a just watch me look, and heads for the stairs. We follow her down the three flights of stairs.

"To be a fly on the wall when Hannah pulls out the dress," Isabel says as we get to the kitchen door.

I give Isabel a kiss and a tap on the bum. "You know when to come back up?"

"Yes, Jimmy, I'll see you soon."

I watch her walk back towards her house, admiring how she moves as she goes. I'm sure she is putting extra sway in her hips for my benefit. This is confirmed when she looks over her shoulder to ensure I am still watching. Once she has reached the back door of her home, I turn and head back upstairs, still trying to work out how I will break the news to my best friend without her feeling betrayed.

I hear Mum's car pull into the drive just as I sit on the sofa in my room, and the nerves start to kick in. The familiar sound of Sam's voice breaks the tranquility of the countryside. A smile spreads across my face as I hear my excitable friend make her way into the house and up the stairs.

"Hey Hannah, fancy a quickie on Jay's bed before leaving?" Sam says as she starts on the last fight of stairs into my room.

I can hear Hannah stumbling over her words, trying to think what to say as she knows I'm listening to what Sam had just said. As Sam sees me sitting there, she slows her walk.

Hannah scoots around the back, walks over like nothing is out of place, kisses me on the lips, and says, "Hi, Jay."

"Hey, Hannah. A good trip up?"

"Mmmm yeah, not busy this time of day." She walks over to the bed and puts her bag down.

Sam still does not know what is happening. "Okay, what's going on?"

"Hello, Munchkin; I thought Hannah had substituted you for a blow-up doll or something."

"Ha, very funny, now spill." Sam glances between the both of us expectantly. Her eyes double in size when she sees her best dress hanging on my wardrobe door. She jerks up and down in frustration, her excess energy expelled before she explodes. "Jay, what is going on?"

I pat the sofa, Sam moves over and sits next to me as Isabel appears right on time at the top of the stairs. "Hey guys," Isabel's says, making Sam jump.

"Perfect timing Izzy," I say. Hannah comes round and sits on the edge of the bed facing us. I put my hand on Sam's shoulders as I sit forward and face her. I take a deep breathe. "Sam.......today isn't quite what you thought it was. Although it still is our leaving party......We have something else happening before..." I look to Isabel for a bit of help.

"Sam, today Jimmy and I are going to exchange vows and would love you to receive them and bind us to them." Sam takes a huge breath, tears well up in her eyes, and she looks to Hannah for confirmation. Hannah nods and smiles at her girlfriend's inability to do anything at that moment.

"But why me?" She finally asks because she can't think of anything else to say.

"Because Munchkin, when Isabel and I discussed what we wanted, you were the only person who even came close. We both love and respect you more than your crazy ass deserves. We also know you will be there for both of us always." I look at Isabel, and she nods her approval. "So, Munchkin, are you okay with that?"

Sam wraps her arms around me and hugs me tightly. "Yes, yes, yes, and yes," she says. Isabel comes over, and we have a group hug.

It takes a good ten minutes for Sam to calm down enough to release her grip on both Isabel and me. She finally gets up and takes a deep breath before going over and hugging Hannah. "So Jay, what do I have to do exactly?"

"Don't worry, Munchkin. I have printed out the entire thing. It even tells you what to say."

Sam laughs at me, "That's so you. Do you mind if I shower quickly, I must look in a right state." I nod, and she disappears back downstairs.

"Well, that went well," Isabel says, and I nod in agreement.

We walk into The Thatch and see that many friends have turned up to wish us well. We move to the back area that has been sectioned off for us. They have put up a small pagoda with flowers woven all around the arch to make our vows under.

"Mum, how the hell did you get here?" Sam shouts as she spots her mum sitting next to mine.

I look across at Isabel; her face is full of joy as she takes in her surroundings. "Oh, Jimmy, it's so beautiful," she says as she pulls me in for a kiss.

Sam breaks the spell by calling the place to order, "Ladies and gentlemen. Would you please take your seats to witness James and Isabel's vows of commitment to each other." She sees Gran looking confused and walks straight over, "you must be Isabel's Gran."

Gran looks at Sam with half a smile. "You must be the infamous Sam."

"The one and only," Sam says with a broad smile. Then Gran does something that surprises everyone, no one more than Sam herself. Gran wraps two arms around her, pulling Sam into a hug. She instantly returns the hug and some.

Isabel and I aren't the only ones who stood, not knowing what to say. "Come on, you two, get a room," Harry says as he returns with a tray full of drinks. This has the desired effect of making the entire room burst into laughter and Gran giving him a friendly slap on the arm.

Sam composes herself, grabs her drink, and walks over to where she will officiate the ceremony. I get handed a pint of Haze and drink half of it in one go.

"Okay, okay, settle down," Sam says as she starts proceedings. "Today is a special day for the two most important people outside the two ladies in my life that I hold closest to my heart. They are going to commit to each other. They have asked me to receive, bind them to these vows, and for you to witness their love." Sam gestures for us to move closer. "Before I start, I would like to apologize if I am a little fragmented. I only learned I was doing this about an hour ago." Sam takes a long slug and sets her glass back down. "As I said, we are here to witness Jay and Isabel's love, but what is love?" Sam's eyes drift to Hannah, sitting next to Isabel's Gran. "Many would say falling in love wasn't falling at all--it was walking into a house and knowing you're home. Others would say, it's the person who can remind you that McDonald's is unhealthy or get that strange-looking mole checked out without making you feel bad." Sam isn't reading from our script now, and I wonder where she is going with this. "With James and Isabel, I feel love is a word that is way too soft ever to describe the beautiful, unconditional, and blazing passion they have in their hearts for each other. These two people are meant to be together. They complement each other and make each other whole. If you had told me a year ago that I would be standing here doing this, I would have told you that you are crazier than me." A ripple of laughter runs around the room, "And I would have also had a different view of what love is. Still, I have not only witnessed it but felt its bite in the past couple of months." Sam looks back at Hannah and gets a kiss blown back her way, which she catches. Sam has to take another mouthful of drink before her voice gives. She continues, "We will now hear their vows and see them exchange promise rings."

I wink at Sam and then Isabel as we turn towards each other. I take a deep breath, "Isabel, I love you. Simply because of your kind soul, tender heart, positive mindset, the most beautiful person I have met. I especially appreciate your endearing sense of humor. I am ever so grateful for your love and selflessness. In return, I offer these promises. I promise you my everlasting devotion, my loyalty, and my respect. I promise to love you unconditionally and grow with you in mind, body, and spirit. I promise to share everything I am with you, dream with you, build a life with you, and encourage you in anything your true heart desires. I promise to share in the joys and sorrows of all that our life together has to offer us. You are my forever, my one true love, my dream come true." I take the ring from my pocket and place it on the third finger of Isabel's left hand. "With my words and all the love from my heart, I commit to you, binding our souls together, forever and always." I lean forward, gently kiss Isabel, and whisper, "I love you." I move back and see a tear of joy trickle down her cheek. I move a finger up and stop it in its tracks, then kiss my finger as I pull it away.

Now it's time for Isabel to take a deep breath and compose herself. "I'm so proud that today I have this chance to shout to the world how much I love you. I love the way you dance to make me laugh.

I love that you always push my hair back when it's in my face.

I love that I get a kiss from you every time we stop at a red light.

I love that you're open to trying new things. Today, I want to make the promises that I will always keep.

I promise never to stop holding your hand.

I promise to share my life with you, never go to bed angry, and always honor what we have together.

I promise to stand by your side while you face the world. Hold your hand when it needs holding, embrace you when you need embracing, and support you when you need my support.

I promise to grow alongside you, but also together.

I promise to love, respect, protect and trust you, and give you the best of myself, for I know that together we will build a life far better than either of us could imagine alone.

I choose you. I'll choose you over and over and over, without pause, without doubt, and I'll keep choosing you.

Today seems like the start of a new journey, but I already belong to you." Isabel slides my ring on me with shaking hands. "With my words and all the words from my heart, I commit to you, binding our souls together, forever and always." She leans forward and tenderly kisses my lips as I did with her. "I love you," she says as I feel my throat tighten and my eyes well up.

"God, you make a soppy pair," Sam says without thinking.

"I thought you would be used to it by now, Munchkin."

"Yeah, but you don't have to consummate your relationship here." A ripple of laughter runs around the room.

"Anyway, can you continue so we can get on with the rest of our lives?" I say, pointing at the script.

"Oh right," Sam says, looking down at the paper. "Isabel, James, you have made your vows, exchanged rings, and given a declaration of love in front of me and the people here today, and we bind you to them."

"And God help you if you break them," Rachel shouts from the bar causing more laughter.

"Mum," Sam says, exasperated.

I lean forward and kiss Isabel tenderly. Her hands come up to hold my face in place. Our moment is broken by a cough next to us. We glance towards Sam with a 'what the hell do you want?' look. She has two glasses of bubbly in her hand.

She hands them to us and turns to pick her one up. "Ladies and gentlemen," she shouts. "Ladies and gentlemen, if I can steal you away for one last thing." She pauses for people to settle, "Has everyone got a drink?" Nobody speaks, so she carries on. "Just one last thing to do before we can start the party, and that's a toast. Sam raises her glass. "To Isabel and James. Live long and prosper." I can't believe she got a Star Trek quote in, but the room stood and raised their glasses.

Once the room settles down, I turn to Sam and open my arms for a hug. She moves straight in with a huge smile, "Thanks, Sam, it was perfect."

"Does this mean I get to be your best person at your wedding?"

"And who else do you think would do it?"

"That's all I need to know." Sam releases her arms, and we separate with a quick kiss. "Time to drink and party, I think," she says with a satisfied look.

Isabel and I spend the next hour walking around, talking to people, and thanking people for coming, while the food is consumed. Once the food tables have been put away and the dancefloor cleared, the music starts.

The night's incredible. More people than I thought I knew turn up to say their goodbyes and give us their good wishes.

Halfway through the night, I find myself standing watching Isabel, Sam, Hannah, Rachel, and both Heathers dancing and having fun. I sense someone standing next to me.

Bamo68
Bamo68
790 Followers