Isabel, The Beauty Next Door Pt. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I guess, so how's the old HQ looking?"

"It's wrapped up like a Christmas present. The only problem is we are ready for concrete in some areas, and it's been too cold to lay."

"Yeah, we might have a two-week window at the end of the month if the long-range forecast is right. As long as we can get a good supply, we can get all of the work done by the end of February. It was always going to be a risk starting this now, but we want to get the best chance to get the city planners to let us do what we wanted. The road will be completed on time, whatever. We will just have to come in from the old parking lot, but we can tunnel under to make life easier, and we can get most of the drilling done before we have to close that."

We pull into the house that's now become a home away from home. I've been told that Mac has bought the place outright, and I will be using it as a base when I am in Charleston.

Mac turns up just after lunch, and we all head down to the construction site. The road is cordoned off, and traffic is flowing, but it's a lot busier than normal. They have most of the road up and are creating a large hole and ramp so all the materials can be removed.

This will be Mac's last visit to the site until the summer, and he seems impressed with the progress. The roof is being removed, and a crane that can support the drilling rig will be in place by the end of the week--another reason for the closing of the entire street.

When the site is finished for the day, I get a chance to survey the foundation and point out to Mac what the subsidence has damaged. I'm already glad that we have taken this approach because we have uncovered a separation of the foundation from the main structure. In another year or two, Mac would have been looking at a structural failure.

Mac and Emma are back at university, and we are ready to drill through the first pillar on the closed road end. We have put in extra support and are now below the foundation. The other unforeseen problem is that the below-ground level wasn't underpinned well when constructed back in nineteen twenty. This causes extra issues when we go down deeper to accommodate the underground parking area. Luckily, I am onsite, and we have done a workaround where we will do the pillar drilling in smaller areas and not excavate until needed. Again, us going in from both ends is a blessing, and we are still well ahead of schedule. It will now all hinge on whether the weather plays ball.

It's Saturday, and I am in the house working online with Drew, who is at home in Devon. She will be sending all the plans for the central London constriction. My phone rings. "Hey baby, how is your weekend going?"

"Not good, Jay; I'm in the hospital with Sam because she had a small bleed."

"Shit, is everything okay?" I say, standing up and walking to the patio window.

"It looks like it, but they had to do an early scan and....."

"And what, Izzy?"

"And there's two babies."

I have to find a seat. "Twins? Sam is expecting Twins?"

"Yeah, you're going to be a double daddy." Isabel laughs at the other end.

"So what was the blood?" I ask.

"Spotting is where the growing baby's placenta is settling into the side of the womb, and it causes a little bleeding. It's quite common in the first trimester, apparently."

I breathe out a sigh of relief. "So, how do you feel about twins?"

"We thought there was a possibility because of you and Bradly, but it also gets it all out of the way in one. I know that Sam and Hannah had set their hearts on two babies, and if I'm honest, I still do not want you to do it naturally if we are married."

"Yeah, I thought Sam had settled for just one."

"You know Sam, she never is happy. Oh, Bradly has said he wants to come to our wedding. He will be bringing his fiancée."

"I bet he's only coming because Mac will be there."

Isabel laughs and says, "He did ask your mother whether he was coming or not."

"Doesn't surprise me," I say.

"So, how are things going there?" Isabel asks. We talked about the issues I've had, but we are still ahead of schedule. Even though Sam won't be getting a scan when I get back now, I will still be going home for a couple of weeks.

******

"Jay," Sam shouts when I walk out of Exeter St David's train station. One good thing about a pregnant Sam is that I don't get a flying tackle anymore.

"Hey beautiful," I say to Isabel first and kiss her. "Hello, Munchkin," I say to a pissed-off-looking Sam. "You might be the mother to some of my children, but the love of my life will always take priority over you,"

Sam pulls a face, and I bend down and kiss her on the lips. "I guess the same goes with my wife," she says.

"You guess?" Isabel says, almost laughing. "I wonder what Hannah has to say about that?"

"Don't you dare, it's my hormones playing up," she says.

I laugh, "I guess that's your story, and you are sticking to it." I wrap my arms around my two ladies, and we walk back to Sam's car. "I think it's time we get you a driving license," I say to Isabel.

"Yeah, you need to be able to drive Iz," Sam says.

We get in the car, and Sam pulls out of the car park. "So, how are you feeling, Sam?" I ask.

"Fat," she says.

"I didn't notice a bump," I say.

"Oh, don't, Jay; please just tell her she looks great," Isabel says, looking at me and rolling her eyes.

I laugh. "Sam, you do look great, and you got a good glow about you."

She pulls her sweatshirt in and says, "Look."

"Sam, you look no different than normal."

We are back at the house within fifteen minutes, and we make our way in. Hannah is at work, and Sam has an appointment just before lunch.

"Has she been that bad?" I ask Isabel as I sit down in our living area.

"Not really, but don't tell her I said that. Now, do I have to ask to go upstairs?"

We race each other to the top floor and close the curtains before stripping off and greeting each other properly.

As we lay there after my third and Isabel's well, I lost count of how many climaxes Isabel had, Isabel says, "That's better." We both laugh.

"Christ, I've missed you," I say.

There's a knock on the door. "Can I come in? " says an unusually restrained Sam.

"Come in, Sam," Isabel says. I look at her as if to say I wanted a little more time.

Sam walks in. "Bloody hell, guys, this room smells of sex," Sam says, holding her nose but not walking away.

"Do you want to meet us downstairs in five minutes?" I ask.

"Nah, I...I was hoping for a cuddle from my best friend. I know you two needed some time, but..."

"Come on, Sam, squash in next to Jay," Isabel says, more understanding than me. Isabel sees my face and adds. "Jay, Sam has had a horrible time; she needs reassurance from her babies' father and best friend."

"But I'm still naked," I say.

"It's nothing I haven't seen before, Jay," Sam says, smirking and moving around to the other side. She pauses and looks at Isabel. Isabel nods her head with an unspoken approval. Sam grabs the hem of her shirt and brings it off over her head. I hadn't noticed she had changed out of her business clothes, but see, her stomach is looking a little more bloated. "I'm looking fat, aren't I?" Sam says when she sees me look. She gets into bed quickly and snuggles up.

"I don't think fat is the right work, Munchkin. You are starting to show. I guess it's starting to feel more real for me," I say. I kiss the top of her head and add, "Your boobs are bigger as well."

Isabel laughs, getting up, "Trust you to see that, Jay. I'm getting a shower," she says. It always amazes me that even after what Sam and I have done to get her pregnant, she still leaves us and trusts both of us.

The sound of the shower starts up, and Sam sniffs me. "You could do with one of those."

"Well, I would have been if you didn't need a hug. So how are you really?"

"I'm scared," Sam says.

I didn't expect that answer. "Scared? Why Munchkin?"

"I don't know. There seems to be so much responsibility on me. I have two lives in my stomach depending on me to feed them and keep them safe."

"You are luckier than most, if you think about it."

"What do you mean?"

"I know that you are the one carrying our babies, but you have two other mothers and a father living within shouting distance. You have four sets of grandparents that are at the end of the phone. Sam, you are not alone by a long way. I'm sorry I wasn't here when you went to the hospital, but I hear the hospital had to limit how many people were allowed to visit."

Sam laughs. "Yeah, everyone was great. I see what you mean. I guess...I don't know...I guess I still needed you. You are as important as Hannah in this."

"I know and understand, and I will be there when I can. You need to let the other people who love you help when I am not, though."

"Yeah...." Sam thinks for a minute. She lifts her head and looks me in the eye. I can almost see the cogs working and processing what I said. She shifts herself over and lies her head on my chest. "Thanks, Jay," she whispers.

My phone buzzes, and I reach over and look. "Your wife wants to know where you are."

"Just a bit longer," Sam says.

I message Hannah to come on over because Sam is getting a hug from me and doesn't want to move."

The shower turns off, and there's a knock on the door at the same time. "Hey, Jay," Hannah says. "Welcome home," she adds. Hannah's eyes are on her wife. "Feeling better now, baby?" She asks. Sam nods and lifts her head for a kiss.

"Hey, Hannah," Isabel says as she walks out of the bathroom wrapped in just a towel.

"Hi, Isabel," Hannah says. Hannah sits on the bed, squashing up against me.

"Hannah, baby. We need to talk. I've been too hung on who wasn't here and should have leaned more on who is. I'm sorry, baby," Sam says.

Hannah hadn't expected that from Sam. "Can we talk here?" Hannah asks.

Sam raises her head and looks at me for approval, and I nod.

"What, even though it smells of sex?" Isabel says from her walk-in wardrobe with a laugh.

Hannah doesn't answer. "Are you two naked under there?" Hannah asks.

"I am, Sam's got shorts on," I say.

Without another word, Hannah takes her shirt and trousers off. She kicks her shoes off and then unhooks her bra to leave her in a pair of the skimpiest panties. Both Sam and I are left speechless as Hannah slides in and joins her wife on my chest.

Isabel walks in with just her matching bra and panties and laughs. "Jay, are you still naked?"

"Yeah," I say.

She leans over and feels my bulge. "Just as I thought, nothing." She says. "Do I need to be in on this?" She asks.

"Up to you, but I need to get something off my chest," Sam says. Isabel smiles and kisses me before going back into her wardrobe. "Baby, first of all, I want to tell you that I am sorry I didn't come to you first. I can blame my hormones or my scatty brain, but it shouldn't have taken Jay to point out that while he's not here, there are more people to lean on than I will ever need. He also pointed out that my wife should be at the top of that list, and he's right."

"Okay," Hannah says, absorbing what Sam has said. "So, what didn't you talk to me about?"

"My fear," Sam says.

"Fear? Baby, we are all afraid. It's just not your life that will change."

"No, that's not what I am afraid of."

"It's the responsibility of the two lives she has inside her that has her worried. When she had the scare, she feared it was her fault, that she had caused it. She's afraid that she will do something wrong."

"Oh baby, we are all in this together. I know they are growing inside of you, but we are all equally responsible for looking after you as well as what you are carrying."

"Yeah, that's what Jay said, and that I have a bigger network of help than most people."

Hannah laughs. "He's not wrong there. These babies are going to have more love than most. Christ, I hadn't thought, but there are two sets of grandparents from each side, as well as your dad's new family." Hannah lifts her head. "Thanks, Jay," she says and kisses me.

"Look on the bright side," Isabel says, walking back in. "You will never be short of a babysitter." She sits on the edge of the bed. "Sam, you have a lot of people surrounding you that love you. Never think you are alone. I understand that you see Jay as your rock. I see him the same way, but we all have to live with the fact that he will have to travel for work."

"I know, Iz, but I was feeling vulnerable, and with the way my mind is working, I went on instinct, not rational thought," Sam says, going into defence mode.

"Hey," I say to Sam. "Nobody is having a go. Everyone's only concern is you and that you are supported. Please don't think we are against you." Sam breathes out and closes her eyes.

"I know, and I love you all. Please don't think I don't trust you. My mind is not functioning logically." Sam slaps me.

I laugh and say, "What was that for?"

"Because of what you were going to say," Sam says. "I know I am scatty, but you all need to know that I will not act logically, but it has no reflection on what I think of you."

"So what you are saying is that you know we are here, but you will have moments of not listening to reason and being single-minded," Hannah says.

"So what has changed?" I ask. "Ow, what was that for," I say to Hannah after she hits me.

"Not helping Jay, but I also see where Sam is coming from. There are times when I need a man's arms around me, and you are the only man that will ever be close enough to do that."

"If I had said that, I would have been accused of being sexist," I say.

"Because it would have been sexist. Hannah saying it is sexist, but within these walls, it's acceptable," Isabel says.

"The walls of this house will hide more from the world than any of us will ever share outside," Sam says. "What happens here is right for us, and it's nobody else's business."

"Yes, the love we share can only be understood by us," Isabel says. "If I were outside, I would think it wasn't right, but being here, I can see how it makes sense. I also see that people who see us four together understand the dynamic and see we are devoted to our chosen partner as well as each other."

"So, Munchkin, are we good?" I ask. Sam looks at Hannah and nods.

Hannah puts her arm around Sam and then cuddle on my chest. Isabel gets up, smiling at me, and disappears downstairs to make something to eat. I'm surprised she hasn't ordered in, after our long session.

"Food," Isabel shouts from downstairs. Sam is gone in a second, leaving Hannah and me in bed.

Hannah climbs on top of me and looks into my eyes. "Thank you, Jay, you are a remarkable man," she says.

"You are a different person from the one that wouldn't change in front of me, Hannah," I say.

Hannah looks down at our naked bodies. "No. I'm the same person," she says. "But the fact I can lay on top of you, straddling you and open to you, shows how much I can trust you." She laughs. "You know, I have wondered what Sam felt when you...you know. A couple of times, I almost slid you in when you and Sam were just about to start, and I was part of it all." She smiles at my worried look. "Don't worry, I'm over it now, but it made me love you even more." Hannah kisses me on the lips and jumps up before I can react.

I'm stunned for a minute, but I finally get up and head into the shower before going downstairs.

******

"Hey," Drew says as I walk into the hub.

"Hi, Drew. Have we heard anything from the London group yet?" I ask.

"Yep, they haven't signed on the dotted line, but they've had the go-ahead from the board," Drew says.

"Which design did they go for," I ask.

"Not sure, but I think Edward wants to take the load off you a bit with Sam's condition and the wedding."

"I don't think it will affect me that much. I know I will need time off for the wedding and the birth, but Sam had agreed before she got pregnant that it would not affect work."

"We'll see," Drew says. "Anyway, how's Charleston going?"

"Still ahead of schedule, and the road should be reopened on time."

"Is the weather behaving?"

"When has the weather ever behaved? But after next week, we think we will have another two-week window to pour the remaining concrete at the closed-off road end and the car park end. We should be ready to pour the base well within the time frame to finish the place on time."

"Sounds good. Are you ready for this month's meeting?"

I smile. "I know, I've missed a lot of them. Has Edward asked you to come to the US with me?"

"He floated it as an idea." Drew glances at her watch. "Come on, I need a coffee before the meeting starts."

"You know we will be returning with Mac for the wedding, don't you?" I say, letting Drew go first up the stairs.

Drew smiles. "I always wonder if gentlemen who let the woman go first just wants to watch their ass."

"Yeah, it's a rock and a hard place. Be a gentleman or a perv," I say, smiling.

"And which one are you?" She asks, smiling over her shoulder.

"Always the gentleman," I say, shaking my head. "And stop flirting with me. I'm getting married next month."

"Yeah, right." Drew laughs. "As if I'd flirt with you," she adds.

"Who's flirting," Andrew asks as we get to the top of the stairs.

"Your daughter," I say, smiling at Drew's sudden discomfort.

"Is she now," he says. "Oh, before we go in, did you send off the revision for the road layout in Charleston?"

"Yeah, all done and dusted," I say.

We make our way into the conference room and get our drinks. "I see you two are busy over the next eight months. If you need any help, please ask Reg if he has any spare people."

Drew and I sit together off to the side. Drew will present the London build, and I will do Charleston. We have become quite a team and can cover three people's work between us.

"Okay," Andrew says as he stands. "Shall we get the progress reports done first?"

I get up, walk to the front, and load my presentation point. "Hello, apologies for not being here as much as everyone else, but as you might have guessed, I've been a little preoccupied," I say to start. I look around at the friendly faces, and most smile and nod. "Okay, I have been busy with the Charleston account. Progress has been better than expected, and we will be opening the road that we've closed, on time as long as the city contractors work out the trees can't go in yet. If you didn't know, the city planners, in their wisdom, have asked us when we put everything back to copy the road opposite and add a central island for trees. The road should be open for the Monday morning rush hour on the first. As for the C&W building, again, because the contractors got onsite before Christmas, we are way ahead and should be ready to put the base level in when I get back from my honeymoon. Talking of my wedding, if you haven't sent your invite back, please let Isabel know if you are coming, or if you don't, you will not get in. Any questions?" I say.

A couple of hands go up. "When will we start construction and need our team onsite?"

"Okay, teams are scheduled to go out at the beginning of May. If that changes, you will have a month's notice."

"When do we get the prototype of the solar windows here?"

"I will be getting a van this afternoon and going to pick them up from the airport. Anyone want to volunteer to help?" Andrew asks.

"I'll come with you," I say. Andrew nods, and I point at the last hand up.

"Who will be the go-to person when you are away?"

"Do I need to answer that? The team consists of me, Drew, and Isabel. We are all as approachable as each other."

"I will add that we will be adding a member to the team, and that job will be advertised on the online noticeboard as soon as we can. With the completion of the Charleston job and the inevitable publicity we will get from the London job, we anticipate a large influx of work. People, this is your advanced warning. This company is going global in a big way, and Jay will be in charge of the lead team. We are looking for ideas on how to handle this. Edward and I are considering having a divisional system that all work with our head team. It is your chance to get in at the start."

1...456789