All Comments on 'It’s History Ch. 04-06'

by Razmagurk

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 3 years ago
This is one of the best stories I’ve read.

Too many stories have the main character get this book or the amazing powers, duck up everyone’s life and live happily ever after.

This story had drama, consequences, confusion and a deep sense of morality. Very well done.

In wanting to play God, he didn’t realize the law of unintended consequences and it was delightful to see him try to fix things only for them to go even more sideways.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

wow what a story please write more

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Not only was this a great read but that hospital death scene really got to me. Thank you for the honour of reading this well crafted piece.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

This is a great story. It shows well that most people are not ready to receive such power. But I disagree with one comment. Morality in this case is more a storytelling tool. And the consequences are the result of the ill-considered actions of the protagonist. He did not provide all the necessary details. By the way, given that the probability of any events is not equal to infinity, except for those that violate the laws of physics, then you can plan all the options for the development of events. The only problem is the lack of time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

this story isn't just a mere "i'd ;ike to jack-off" kinda story. this is an artwork that tells a lot of emotions and left a deep impression to the reader's mind. Good job

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
damn

in the end this was just a genuinely wholesome story, that ending made me happy :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent!

I've enjoyed all of your stories so far but this one is the jewel in the crown! Keep writing!

RanceSamaRanceSamaover 3 years ago
What a ride!

Gahd dammnit! That was Subarashi! But as good as it all was, I just wish Lucas had more time spent with Leah like, for example, with his sister, Lexi. If they had a similar or better relationship in one of the alternate timelines, that would have been sugoi.

I think the longest smut encounter he had, with Leah, other that the blue balls school encounter, was in the dream sequence where they fucked each other. And yet, for someone he wanted to be in a relationship so much out of all the other options, he barely had any action with her. The irony! Especially considering that he had plenty of action with his sister and Lianne/Liam contrastingly. But it is what it is.

I wonder where the magical Tome is now... Or who has it, if at all... Perhaps the reason Lucas found it at all is because someone else had only just discarded it? And perhaps when that happens it randomly picks a new owner? I am sure it's been around for as long as humans have lived, more or less. This would mean that previous owners have attempted to destroy it before... And yet here it is... Or was. Perhaps "destroying" it is one of countless ways to end ones contract with it...

But either way regardless, the magical book sounds like a trickster genie. But it's no fault of ITS own... Lucas fucked up on how he used it. He was very vague. He should have deductively reasoned after the first few attempts at altering history that what he was doing was basically Flashpoint. He should have been more careful in what details he put down inside it. He should have ensured everything he wrote down covered as may holes in the "stories" he weaves of each new but somewhat familiar alternate timeline. He was basically like a Fate Weaver imho.

But oh well... It can't be helped now. Great story otherwise. Was entertaining to read about the Lexie and Lianne parts the most! I wished Leslie wasn't just a background character, at least given her significance as one of Lucas' ONLY two best friends he had as far as this story is concerned.

What was interesting is that on his second to last Fate Weaving in the Time, how big sis, Lexie's changes to always be devoted to him carried over despite his attempt at reverting it all. He then concluded he fixed nothing. I wished something like that had carried over into the new timeline where he "never found the book" besides his own memories of it, that clearly suggest that no matter how he was uncomfortable with some of the changes, he still liked them enough to remember them. Because we obviously know THIS new timeline HAD to be written into the Book, so he's basically ACTUALLY not in the exact same original timeline.

And isn't it funny that he said he wasn't gonna run away from his problems anymore, but the first thing he does is to "revert" pretty much everything? Isn't that another way of running away?

Didn't he say: "I tightened my grip. The world wanted to tell me I couldn't fix things? The world wanted to tell me I should just lie down and accept it? It wanted me to move forward in a world where all I could do was hurt and disappoint? Fuck that. My friends were right. I couldn't give up. I wasn't about to live in a timeline where I hadn't at least tried."

So in the end... He CHOSE NOT to fix anything? He basically looked at his mistakes, and the lesson he learnt was to quite literally "press" the proverbial "undo button?" So basically he never gets to live with his consequences? It would have been more interesting if he came to a mid way point. A compromise if you will. A way that doesn't completely satisfy his wish to fix everything but is damn well close... I mean, maybe the Time was the World's way of granting his wish to fix anything and everything but he just wasn't smart enough to use it?

Also, isn't it a bit presumptuous for him to assume everything WILL be BETTER this time without the book? How does he know for sure that he'll get together with Leah now? It would have been more comical and believable if she said "I refuse" to him at the ending there. And how does he know for sure that things will get better with Lexie and Liam? What about Leslie? Doesn't she matter too?

Or maybe this is all me just projecting perhaps... But the ending was a lil unsatisfactory, especially after that big speech after his friends motivated him NOT to give up and FIGHT BACK against the bad hands HE'D dealt HIMSELF, and NOT, Fate or the book. The book/tome did nothing wrong... It was all him, but yet he blamed it... Gahd dammnit lol! I don't know why I am so salty about this aha 😅 it's just a book... But still.... Is this proof of him much I cared for it? And knowing it's ended too... On such an unsatisfactory note no less... Well, I suppose it's true when they say you can't please everyone...

Reminds me of Bakemonogatari movie and how Araragi and Kissshot had to come to a compromise that couldn't satisfy neither of them since the alternative was for Kissshot to live and kill Araragi or for Araragi to kill her and remain a half Vampire since, IIRC, she refused to turn him back to a human or she couldn't. But since Araragi didn't wanna kill her either, and Kissshot didn't wann die either, their roles were swapped to Araragi now being the Master and Kissshot being the Servant, that way she could still drink his blood to survive... Again, I don't know why I am reminded of this lol... Gahd dammnit lol!♪~( ꈍᴗꈍ)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)〜(꒪꒳꒪)〜

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Seems like less of a moral lesson and more so he's just an idiot with details and making sweeping changes. He could have at least kept his big dick and maybe given himself the ability to please any woman sexually. Then provide in a near identical timeline he could also have made it that he banged his head and instantly knew the cure for his mother's ills then patented the treatment. He keeps changing the world instead of micro adjusting himself to mitigate the damage and give himself an edge allowing him to adapt to the world dynamically rather then making sweeping changes to his environment..

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

i hate to admit this but this story is too well written... i mean the story line is perfect, character development is amazing and this story is erotic for a straight and homosexual person. i think if you delete the erotic part and add some events, this story could have lead to a movie adaptation.. its that good.. thank you for this story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good idea, but frustrating execution. Dude was damn-near omnipotent but he gave it all away because he was too dumb to come up with better writing and he gave up after a tiny handful of mistakes. It feels like the author forgot to give his idea limitations and didn't have the chops to deal with it. Could have easily been solved by having some sort of limitations imposed on the book if the author didn't want a hundred-chapter epic.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well I'm glad that's the end of this story. Yet another weak-ass beta male MC endeavour with nothing but boring teenage drama that goes nowhere good. And it got weird. Really weird. Wasn't my cup of tea exactly though it was somewhat interesting to read something a bit different.

So in the end, it was effectively "all a dream." Classic. :) Could have at least wrapped up with an epilogue where him and Leah finally end up together in the way he wanted all along. Ah whatever.

Mr_MergersMr_Mergers4 months ago

Sweet story, the only thing I wish you had added is Lucas having gay sex with Liam.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous