It Wasn’t What It Seemed

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

On the Monday morning, it was Ryan himself who gave me the opportunity. He had been trying to contact me to ask for some files which I had been working on, so contacted the hotel. I explained in my rush I had left my phone in the office. My work's laptop was dead. It may be faulty as I had it on charge at the office before I left on Friday. I would use the hotel's business suite to access them and forward them to him.

I did. A non-firm computer and camera control uploaded. Now I just had to hope it worked.

The course concluded around 3.30 to allow the more local participants to make their way home. I complained about the roads around me but their roads were like goat tracks in comparison.

I made my excuses to my training colleagues so avoided any social gathering later. I headed to the server building. Ailsa was there. We had never spoken and we didn't speak now as there were microphones around. She left a piece of paper with a file directory and names. These did not make sense but for hiding something, they worked well.

I accessed the camera link and began the recycle programme. I linked the directions to record from just before I entered so no one would see that I had been there if they accessed the recordings. Ruth had explained how it could do that and also be up to date but, in truth, it was beyond my comprehension. I just had to have faith in her. If not, Ailsa and I were in serious shit.

I checked the monitor and it showed no one there. I accessed the wired server and found the files. I started to download the files Ailsa had written down. It took five minutes at least. It could have been closer to ten, the volume contained so many files. I don't recall breathing. I was fully expecting security to find me and stop me. I put the multiple SD cards into the satellite phone and uploaded them. That only took a couple of seconds in comparison. I was so relieved. Whatever happened now, those files would be used to bring those bastards to justice. Nothing they could do to prevent it.

I exited the server room and deleted the programme as directed by Ruth. I couldn't believe I had gotten away with this so far. I destroyed the note from Ailsa.

The next three days were fraught. Every time someone new came into the course classroom I expected to be asked to leave.

When I returned home late on the Thursday, I was mentally exhausted. My spirits rose when Leanne sent me a photo of her in her dress. She looked stunning. The dress showed very little cleavage, just a hint. It ended about four inches above her knee and as it was a pencil style she wouldn't be displaying her bum cheeks as she sat down. The blue material really highlighted her hair and eyes. She would break many boys hearts. I hoped she would find someone like Michael.

At work on Friday everything was calm. I apologised for not having my phone but I was such a scatter brain these days. Highly believable.

Over the weekend, I made some recordings for Leanne and Audrey explaining how much I loved them, how I was so proud of them, etc. Yes - they were farewell recordings as I knew the shit and the fan were about to collide.

All I could say to Michael was that I was sorry. I was in tears as I recorded that. Those were the first tears I had shed since that morning.

By 7.30 am on Monday morning I was outside David's office. I had a large box and a large envelope for him. I had spent the weekend going through those files. It was worse than Brenda imagined. She was one of the victims as she suspected as was Ailsa. I didn't read their files.

I stopped David as he arrived. He was not happy. "Lesley, please leave before I call security!"

I was determined that he would listen to me. I pleaded with him. "David, I know what happened to me. I was drugged. I have proof that senior officers of the company not only knew but participated in similar activities. Please give me five minutes of your time. I know I cannot undo what happened. I'm aware that Michael and the girls will never forgive me, but I want to explain it so they understand I didn't do this willingly.

"I want you to take them all to the cleaners. Use every means you have to take them down. Sue them. They have paid out massive amounts before. The money can give Michael and the girls security for life. Give the information to the Police. Please David!"

I don't know how I got through to him but he reluctantly allowed me into his office. I gave him the box. This contained the complete transcript of the firm's actions. It included eight settlements in seven figure sums to women who had been drugged raped. Five board members, six senior managers and at least seventeen lower level executives had been or were still actively involved. Ryan was involved in organising quite a few of those rapes and obtained the drugs from a doctor who joined in from time to time.

They seem to delight in telling each other the things they do. Every rape was detailed, the woman named, the drugs used, the sexual acts committed and by whom. I had been sickened reading some. I didn't read many of them.

My sexual abuse was on those files. Ryan was the one who drugged me and arranged for Michael to find me. I told David about the 'marry me' incident which led me to someone who had helped. I had fought Ryan off so he never managed to fuck me. In the end he had been reduced to wanking over my face.

David was speechless. I told him there were even photographs, videos taken at these events on the server. I had emailed the whole contents to him, including those. I gave him the encryption key. I warned him about the company computers and phones.

"When you lodge the papers, the shit will hit the fan. They will look at me and I have good reason to believe they will have me killed. They couldn't allow me to speak. I have this new phone, please give me the courtesy of texting saying you have filed. I'll know to be aware. I'm not afraid of death, I'm dead already. I've lost everything, everyone. In many ways it will be a relief."

As shocked as he was David appeared stunned by that simple statement.

"The second envelope is everything I have done to get my affairs in order. My will, my last recordings for the girls, for Michael. My solicitor will handle the legal parts but I want you to give the recordings to them.

"I know you will wish to tell Michael everything. You need his permission to file the case against the firm. Please don't tell him about the possibility of something happening to me. He needs to focus on the girls. I'll always love them but I know I have lost them," I tearfully finished. Those were the second tears I had allowed myself since I left that room.

David said he would look through those files. If they contained what I had said he would make the necessary petitions if Michael approved. I saw he wanted to say more but didn't know what to say.

As I left his office I felt a sense of relief. I knew my ordeal was coming to a close. Michael would have his answer. I had been delighted to learn that Ryan hadn't fucked me, had anal or even had his excuse for a cock in my mouth. Apparently, I had struggled throughout even with enough of that ketamine to drop a horse. I would go to my death, happy knowing I hadn't been unfaithful to Michael.

The next day in the office, I was smiling and one of the girls, Carina asked, "What's cheered you up?" I told her Leanne had sent me some photos from her dance. She looked amazing. She had had a great time. Carina said, "There's hope for you yet!" If only she knew.

Over the next month, Leanne did text occasionally. If she visited my mum, she would call in to chat for a few minutes.

Two months on from my meeting with David, I received the text from him. He had lodged the papers. The firms solicitors were furious, allegedly at the conduct of so many senior staff but I suspect that the evidence I had uncovered meant they couldn't oppose anything. They were in serious damage limitation mode. I should have felt happy, vindicated but I only felt relief. It would all be over soon.

David had also informed the Police who were conducting their own enquiries. I could expect a visit from them as a victim.

I thought, "they'd better hurry!"

After my return from Inverness I had spoken with Ruth and told her things were even worse than I had thought. She asked if I had been drugged. I told her yes but I had fought the bastard off. I hadn't been unfaithful after all! She was shocked. I thanked her as her work allowed me to give closure to Michael and our girls. There were over 170 victims who would be helped as well. Her jaw dropped. From what she said, if she was on the jury, no defence was going to change her to a not guilty. Anyone on the jury who thought so would be put right!

I asked her for advice on how to ensure if anyone entered my house to kill me, it would be recorded/broadcast so everyone would see it who needed to.

She came and installed some stuff. I had to leave while she did so, so I didn't know what to look for or where. She showed me a couple of mostly hidden but findable cameras which any pro might be looking for. If I got into their system they would expect some cover in my own home. She did something to my car as well, just in case.

I was prepared, I just had to wait.

Michael:

When Leanne came to me to suggest we ask Lesley to make the dress for her dance, I was shocked. Leanne was so angry at Lesley I thought this was something she would never ask. Leanne said she had looked everywhere for one but the one she and her mum had decided to make was the only one she loved.

Even as I spoke, I wasn't sure about the wisdom of this. "Are you sure? She will probably have to come here as all her stuff is here for that. It will take some time and you'll have to be with her, help her. Can you do that without falling out?" I never added, "Could I do that?"

Leanne took a few moments before she answered, "I think so. She might refuse." Leanne had been recalling their visits.

I hadn't wanted to voice that thought. The very few occasions we had met had not ended well on either side. I could see how deeply hurt Lesley was in her eyes.

I played for time, "We'll need Audrey's permission as well. She's part of this. Her mum being here may be too much for her."

Leanne nodded.

Audrey wasn't happy but reluctantly agreed. Leanne called her gran. Doreen called around lunchtime on the Sunday and said Lesley would do it but as I suspected she needed access to her stuff. I knew I couldn't dismantle it all and take it to her. She was off on a course the next week so she had to do it this week. She could start this afternoon if Leanne was available. We agreed.

Her knock on the door startled everyone. I never expected that. I assumed she would just walk in. Leanne invited her in. It was very difficult to find any words. I think I said, "Thank you." Leanne and Lesley went the craft room to start.

As I was making their dinner, I made enough to include Lesley. I wasn't sure if I should or not. If she would accept or not. Lesley had lost a lot of weight. Her face was drawn, she looked years older. Her clothes were hanging on her. I was shocked at her appearance as she had always looked after herself. She made sure the girls looked after themselves. She and I had argued about how I didn't quite eat healthily if another option was available.

Audrey was the one going back and forth, making sure they had drinks. She was smiling. When it was ready, I told her to ask her mum to the meal. It was a very strange meal. There was no light-hearted banter, no stories like old. Lesley complimented me on how my skills had improved.

By Wednesday she had it finished. Leanne looked amazing. Lesley always had exceptional skills but she had put a lot of effort into making Leanne the belle of the ball. She asked if she could take Leanne on the Saturday to buy her some more appropriate underwear. I agreed which surprised her. I had been dreading that I would have to help Leanne with choosing underwear. Audrey was coming to need more appropriate underwear as well.

Two weeks later and what I knew blew up in my face.

David called me and told me to drop everything and come over to his office, I was shocked. "What's up?"

"We need to speak personally. Unless what you're doing is a life or death situation you come now. I can't speak about this on the phone."

I headed there as fast as I could. David is unflappable and here he was flapping, Olympic medallist style.

I was shocked at his demeaner. Michael is an upbeat guy but he was obviously very worried. This could not be good.

"Michael," he said sombrely, "What I have can give you closure or cause you a great deal of grief or both. It has serious risks, not to you but someone close to you. I'll explain the gist of what this material," he pointed at a mass of documents on his desk, "contains. How it impacts your lives. What legal options are available to you and what I suggest we do, if you wish to take it to its conclusion."

I was beginning to be worried. David's tone suggested something very dark involving my family. He knew he had my undivided attention. I never would have guessed in a million years what he next said.

"Lesley collared me yesterday." I started to speak feeling anger rise but he raised his hand. "She didn't want to speak to you. That's wrong she does but, let me explain. She spent an hour telling me everything.

"Lesley didn't lie to you saying she didn't know what happened that night."

I looked at him shocked. He was my friend yet he believed her.

"She needed to know herself and since then she's been driven to give you all closure. Her solicitor had made a suggestion which fitted with the facts but she had no proof. Last month, an incident occurred in her office which opened up some repressed memories. Someone else helped her piece everything together.

"She has risked her life to find out what happened that night. She learnt that not only her colleague Ryan was involved in regard to her abuse but he was part of a group which involves many highly influential men, including some of her bosses, who use drugs to rape women.

"She'd learnt that they stored their exploits in files on a very secure server in their offices in Inverness. When she went off to Inverness she intended to infiltrate that server and recover these files which she hoped would allow the exposure of many of her firm's senior staff use of drugs to rape women. She hoped to gain knowledge of what had happened to her to give you all closure.

"I have done nothing but gone through these files since Lesley left. Over one hundred and seventy women including Lesley. The sexual acts are in many cases revolting.

"She wants us to move against them, to hold them to account. To sue them and use the money to provide a secure future for you and the girls; she doesn't want it. To give it to the Police to investigate if they will. The people involved are so high in the establishment they probably think they can do anything and get away with it. With justification.

"These documents prove everything she says is correct. She wants to give you closure. Time and again she said that.

"If we move against them they will probably hunt her down and kill her to prevent her talking. I'm not supposed to tell you that.

"She's given me a copy of all her documents, will etc. She took her pension pot and put it in trust for the girls. Everything goes to the girls. She doesn't want a funeral. Who would go to a slut, a whore's funeral? She's no family or friends."

That simple statement of fact hurt me deeply. I was tearing up.

"Michael, amongst the files was the one on her sexual assault. Despite being given enough ketamine to bring down a horse she fought Ryan, her colleague off. He never managed to fuck her, sodomise her or get his cock in her mouth. He was reduced to wanking on her face. It was him who texted you. He wants to marry her."

I was gobsmacked. My mind replayed those dreadful few minutes. I had been so angry when I found her I never looked at her closely. I took photos when I should have been examining her. She was drugged not drunk. She had fought him off, nevertheless. I felt so worthless. I failed her when she needed me. I had compounded that in the months since. Almost every time we had had any contact, "Why?" She would always say she didn't know and I became angry. Now I realised why. Too late!

"You said Inverness. She spent the week before at the house working on Leanne's dress. She never mentioned anything about files. She seemed happy spending time with Leanne and Audrey."

David was quiet, his first words floored me, "She didn't expect to come back alive. She had used an encrypted satellite phone to email those files to me. Her mum had the encrypted coding to give to me if she'd been caught. She's happy to die bringing them down as she has nothing to live for."

I was silent, my jaw open. I couldn't say anything. Lesley wanted to die! I caused that; the tears flowed.

"I'll get a hold of Ryan and kill him myself," I shouted.

David was firm, "NO! We get him and them. We get revenge for Lesley and we keep you from being in prison. Who will look after the girls?"

David knew he had me. Despite my anger, I knew he was right. I was angry at Ryan but mostly me. What had I done ignoring the Lesley I knew?

"What do we do?" I managed to ask. I needed to concentrate on something as my mind was everywhere.

"I'll prepare all the necessary papers. We'll sue them for various acts which as a company they allowed and indeed facilitated. The loss of your marriage and the effect on your girls and family. They have given seven figure settlements in the past. I'll also ensure the other women involved have the evidence to pursue their claims.

"I'm also going to speak with someone I trust in the Police. He's a rottweiler. He will want every one of them behind bars despite their connections. It will get ugly. Their legal advisers will use every trick to have the evidence dismissed due to the way it was obtained. They may succeed but who and what they did will be in the public domain.

"The media will be all over it. That may help us as which judge would want to knock down the evidence when so many have been so badly sexually abused. The public won't accept the old boys network looking after their own like that.

"It will take a few weeks to get everything prepared. All my firm will need to be involved. We'll only have one chance to do this right, for Lesley and the other victims.

David looked at me very seriously, it was like he had read my mind, "Michael, despite what you probably want to do, you can't do anything different around Lesley. It might show them you know something so you will be at risk as well."

I had to ask for my own peace of mind, "David, how much risk is Lesley under? Is she being melodramatic?"

"Michael, these are seriously connected people. There is enough in those documents to convince me she will not be safe if they uncover she stole those files."

That answer didn't help!

All in all I was with David for about two hours. I left totally nonplussed. Everything I thought I knew had been blown up in my face. Lesley had been the one fighting for our marriage. She fought that bastard off. I never listened to her, never gave her the opportunity to explain why she didn't know. I left her feeling so bad she wanted to die.

My words, "miserable fucking life" seemed to be true now for both of us. How could I repair anything with her after all I had done? It was me who had killed our marriage. Now, I had placed a target on her and I couldn't do anything about it.

Lesley

After David's text, I settled down to wait. I was remarkably calm for someone expecting to die. It was about seven pm when I heard a motor draw up. The door slammed and someone was running to my door. It was unlocked. I was surprised to see it was Ryan. I had expected him to send someone else.