Jack Masters, PI - The Betrayal

Story Info
Betrayal has consequences.
11.4k words
4.28
68k
65
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Regguy69
Regguy69
1,110 Followers

This one is a little longer than is usual for me. It covers no new ground for LW. There is very little sex. I have used characters from my story: "A Day in the Life of a PI," so it would be helpful, but not required, to have first read that story. My story is self edited, so you've been warned. This is not a RAAC story. Comments are always welcome. Thanks for your time.

*****

Jack Masters sat at his desk reading the sports page from the morning paper and drinking his third cup of coffee. He shifted a bit in his chair, trying to find a comfortable position for his left knee. Since the weather had cooled, his knee was aching, as it always did with a change in the weather. The doctors told him it was all in his head. They said there was no medical reason for his knee to ache when the weather changed. - Well, fuck them! I don't give a shit about their fucking medical reasons. All I know is my fucking knee aches when it fucking rains!

Four years ago Jack was a Police Detective. Responding to a call for backup, Jack found himself chasing a fugitive down a narrow ally. The asshole fired a shot over his shoulder as he ran. The bullet hit a brick wall and ricocheted, striking Jack in his left knee. That injury forced Jack into an early retirement. Jack spent a year doing rehab on his knee and his efforts paid off. He could soon walk without a limp and even run for a short time without his knee bothering him.

Once his knee was pretty much healed, Jack quickly grew bored of sitting at home while his wife, Amy went off to work each day. One such boring day was interrupted when Jack got an unexpected phone call from Bob Jones, another retired Detective.

"Jack, how are you doing, old boy? How's the knee?"

"Fine Bob, what's going on with you? ... Wait, I thought you moved to Arizona?"

"I did. That's kinda why I'm calling you. I need a favor, if you're up for it."

"Sure Bob, what do you need?"

"Well, I'm not sure if you knew, but I'm working as a PI here in Arizona and I need to locate a guy that used to live there in Seattle. He embezzled some money and stole some important ledgers from my client. I searched for him here, but lost track of him. I have a strong suspicion that he's back in Seattle."

"Damn, you're a Gumshoe? I had no idea you'd gone private, but sure I'd be glad to help you out. I'm sure I can find the guy. Do you need me to sit on him?"

"Thanks Jack, I'll email you the particulars. Really, I just need you to find the guy and keep an eye on him for a couple days. My client will be sending a couple of their own guys to retrieve their property."

"UH, Bob? ... That kinda sounds like this guy stole something from some not-so-nice folks. How is it you're working for that group?"

"That GROUP, as you call them, tries to keep a very low profile here. They don't like to use the local cops, and they don't want to be directly involved in any ground work outside of their area, so they hired me. I told them I might occasionally cut a few corners, but I would not do anything seriously illegal. They pay well and have never asked me to cross any lines."

"Okay, sounds like you have an understanding. I'll find the guy and sit on him 'till your clients show up."

"Great! If this works out, I'd like you to be my go-to guy in Seattle. I have no idea if I'll ever need your help again, but I am trying to build a network of PIs I can call on for out-of-town help."

"Sounds smart, Hmm ... a PI, I kinda like that idea. I think I'll look into getting my license, thanks, Bob. I'll call you when I locate the guy."

Through his contacts on the streets, Jack needed just a couple days to locate the scumbag hanging out with an old girlfriend. The out-of-town folks showed up the next day and Jack watched them escort the dirtbag to a van and drive away. He called Bob and let him know what happened.

"Thanks Jack! I knew I could count on you. I'll drop a check in the mail today."

"No need, this one is on the house. I submitted my license request and they said there is an expedited process for qualified former law enforcement, so I'll send you a card when I open my office."

Jack got his license and found a dumpy little office in a low rent, run down building. He had a shitty little desk, a couple of plastic client chairs, a file cabinet, coat rack, an old refrigerator and a TV tray that held his MR Coffee. Not exactly a first class office, but it was comfortable and affordable.

His business came slowly, but his retirement check more than covered his expenses at home and at the office. He did a couple jobs for a local divorce attorney and was soon getting calls from several more small law firms. He didn't really like the sneaking-and -peeking, but he was good at it and it paid well and kept him busy.

Today it was raining once again and Jack rubbed his knee as he continued to peruse the morning sports page. He was just starting to read the last page when his office door opened. He looked up and smiled.

"I'll be damned, look who's slumming! What brings a lovely, sophisticated, lady like you into my dreary office today?"

"Hello Jack, I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"Sharon, you are welcome to interrupt me anytime. What can I do for you? Don't tell me you're having trouble with Stevens? I thought your divorce was fully settled."

"No, no problems. Thanks to your video, James was defenseless and my lawyer tore him to shreds. The prenup held up and I got practically everything I wanted."

"Great, then why are you here?"

Sharon Stevens looked around the rubble that was Jack Masters' office. She remembered walking into his office ten months ago and hiring Jack Masters to follow her cheating spouse and get the goods on him. She had been unimpressed by the shabby office, but very impressed with the handsome hunk of a man that assured her he could get all the evidence she needed for her divorce.

"Jack, I have a bit of a circumstance I need to discuss with you. If you're available, I'd like you to take a ride with me."

"Okay, but can't you just tell me what this is about."

"It's much easier if I show you while I tell you about it. Please Jack, I have a driver waiting out front."

Jack grabbed his jacket and escorted Sharon to the waiting car. She gave the driver the address and they were whisked away. Ten minutes later they pulled up to a nice ten story building and got out. Sharon greeted the gentleman at the lobby desk and walked to the elevator. They got on and she pushed the button for the 7th floor.

"Sharon? What in hell are we doing here? I need to know what you're getting me into."

"Relax Jack, I just want to show you something and then I'll explain."

They got off on the 7th floor and walked to the end of a short hallway. Sharon got out a set of keys and opened the door. She entered and flipped on the lights. They were in the outer office of what appeared to be a two room suite. Sharon smiled at Jack and led him into the second room.

Jack stepped into the room and looked around. A large expensive looking desk dominated the room. A nice leather executive chair sat between the desk and a low credenza. Above the credenza was a wide expanse of window glass that offered a nice view of the street scene below. To the left of the desk was a wall of bookcases. On the opposite wall was a narrow cabinet with a bar/sink set up. Next to it was a door labeled "Private."

"That door is your private washroom and includes a shower and small wardrobe."

"MY washroom? ... What do you mean, MY washroom?"

"Jack, do you like this office?"

"Sure! But it's way the hell out of my price range, so why did you drag me over here?"

"Okay, here's the deal. I got this building from James in the divorce. His former accountant was in this office. The prenup allowed us to do an audit of all of James' assets. That audit showed the accountant had fudged some of James' accounts and some of his cash balances were short. The accountant got fired and kicked out of this building. So, now I own the building and it's fully rented, except for this office."

"Well, that's great. Your shark got you a nice building, but what does that have to do with me? I told you I can't afford this place."

"Yes, my shark got me a building, but he also screwed up. The dumb ass let James' attorney slip a little item into the spousal support clause. That's why I need your help, I have to comply with the item, but I think I've got a plan that will benefit us both."

"Sharon, what the hell are you talking about? What this about an item in the support order and how am I involved?"

"The support agreement requires I be employed by another party. My guy says, to be in compliance, I need to have a job and work at least 21 hours a week. He said, because they didn't specify earnings, it doesn't matter what I'm paid, but it has to be a real job. So I want you to hire me as your administrative assistant and move Masters Investigations into this office."

"Good Lord! Sharon, with all due respect, are you fucking nuts? I can't afford this office and I certainly can't afford an assistant."

"Hold on Jack, let me explain my idea! ... Okay, so how much is the rent at your current place?"

"Six hundred a month and that's all I can afford."

"Okay, you will hire me and pay me $1200 a month to work as your part-time assistant. In exchange, I will hire your firm to provide Security Services for this building and my other two properties. I will pay you $2400 a month and rent you this office for $1800 a month. If you do the math, that means you need $600/month out of pocket, which is what you're spending now anyway. Of course, there will be taxes and stuff so it will actually cost you a little more than $600, BUT you'll have a lovely office and a lovely part-time assistant. Your security duties will be next to nothing, mostly just a weekly drive by. ... Sooooo, What do you think?"

"Damn, that sounds like a really sweet deal, for me. But why would you do it? I mean, you're basically giving me a nice office and working here for nothing. Why would you do that?"

"Jack, you know I don't need the money, hell I don't really need the $5000 monthly support from James, but I like making that smug asshole pay me, ... the Bastard. Besides, I like you and I think it might be fun to work here with you for awhile."

"But Sharon, you'll be so bored, thankfully my business is growing, but I surely don't need an assistant. Hell, I don't even have a land line for you to answer!"

"Will you just stop already! Just leave everything to me. I will set up the office and run it the way I want. I already have phones, computers, printers, all that stuff. I will do all of my personal business here and answer your phone. It will get me out of the house and let me hang out with a big handsome guy. So, stop worrying and tell me we have a deal!"

"Okay, Ms Stevens, you've got a deal! When can I move in?"

"Well, my stuff is being delivered in the morning and Jack, you're NOT bringing over any of that crap from your old office! Just donate it all, I don't want it here!"

Jack, laughed out loud and nodded his head. He knew the dozen or so files he had would fit in a small box and there really was nothing else of value in his office. Sharon gave him a key and told him she'd be in the office at 9:00 the next morning, then she breezed out the door. Jack watched her lovely ass swaying as she walked out. He had a fleeting thought that it might not be so bad to see that every day.

Over the next few weeks, Jack got settled into his new digs and Sharon surprised him by calling her contacts and finding more work for Masters Investigations. In time, Jack was actually pretty busy about four days a week and was now dependent upon Sharon to keep his schedule and do his billings. Sharon was at the office much more than the 21 hours she'd promised and Jack tried to give her a raise, but she laughed at him.

"Seriously, Sharon! You're practically full time now, that wasn't our deal."

Sharon walked up to Jack, gave him a half-hug and kissed him on the cheek. "Jack, you're such a sweet man. I am having a ball working here with you! Besides, what else do I have to do? Being here with you makes me feel important. I think we have a good thing going here, please don't screw it up."

"Thank you, Sharon. I'm going to have to think of a way to make this up to you."

"Oh well, If I thought Amy would go along with it, I'd have a couple of suggestions for you, Big Boy."

"Sharon! You behave yourself!" Then jack quietly muttered, "That's all I need is one more thing for Amy to complain about."

Sharon blushed a little and went back to her desk. She had taken a couple of calls from Amy lately and she'd been pretty bitchy. Jack had not said anything, but there seemed to be some friction in the Masters household. Sharon could not allow herself to wish for any difficulties in Jack's marriage, but thoughts of an unmarried and suddenly available Jack Masters brought a dampness to her panties.

Jack had walked back into his office and closed the door. He sat at his desk absently staring out the window. Things have been more than little off with Amy the last few months. He'd tried to feel her out, to get some idea of what was bugging her, but she just shut him out. Recently, Amy seemed even more distracted. His mind replayed his last conversation with Amy.

"Amy, what is it? What's going on with you? You've been acting weird ever since I came back from Arizona. Have I done something?"

"No, ... It's just my work. The boss has gotten so grumpy lately, he has started yelling at everyone. I think April is about ready to quit."

"April? She just started working there what ten months ago? She's the one you've gone out with a couple times, right? Didn't you go out with her while I was gone? did you gals have a fight, or something?"

"What? NO! April and I are fine, I like April. Actually I think Old man Rodgers is mad because he really, really likes April and she keeps brushing him off."

"Gross! Rodgers must be 65! You said April is like 25? what is he thinking? I didn't know he was a creeper. I'm surprised he hasn't gone after you!"

"April looks about 25, but she's 34. And, for the record, Rodgers HAS hit on me numerous times. But he's met you, so all I have to do is remind him I'm married to you and he backs off. April is divorced and she is really hot, so Rodgers is always after her. He gets mad when she and I joke around with the young bucks in the sales crew."

"Joke around? Do you mean FLIRT? Is that it? He's jealous because you two are flirting with the sales crew?"

"It's just flirting, all in fun, nothing serious. The sales guys are a riot and we like chatting with them."

"April, you're my wife, the mother of my grown children. Do you think you should be flirting with these young men?"

"Oh give me a break, Jack. I'm just having a bit of innocent fun, grow up!"

At that point Amy stormed out of the room and things got even more frosty around the Masters house.

Jack shook his head and turned his focus back to the case report Sharon had given him to review. Jack still had an uneasy feeling that something had happen while he was visiting with Bob Jones in Arizona. He picked up the phone and called Gail.

"Jack?... er, why are you calling me? I haven't done anything. I swear!"

"Gail! relax, I just need to ask you a couple of questions."

"You've got some nerve, Jack! First you try to blow up my marriage and then you hardly speak to me for about six months and now you just call me up, out of the blue, and want to ask me a few questions? What the fuck, Jack?"

"Damn it Gail, YOU tried to fuck up your marriage, not me. YOU were fucking around on my brother, that was all on you, Gail!

"Okay, okay, I fucked up, but Richie forgave me and things have been really good with him. Jackie, you know I love you, and not seeing you, not talking with you, well it hurts. I miss you. I miss being around you. I miss flirting with you and teasing you."

Jack sighed deeply, "You're right Gail, I have been a little distant. I guess I am still a little pissed at you, but if you're good with Richie, I guess I need to lighten up. ... So, can I ask my questions?"

"Sure, Jackie. You know I'd do anything for you, and I DO mean ANYTHING!"

"Gail?"

"Gotcha! Jackie, you're so easy! Ha Ha, now ask away."

"When I went to Arizona, you went to Iowa for that wedding thing, Right? And Richie stayed home? Did he tell you what he did that weekend?"

"Don't you know, Mr Detective? Didn't Miss Goodie-two-shoes tell you?"

"Yes, Amy told me she went out to dinner with Richie that Saturday, but did Rich say anything to you about it?"

"HA! Well, he certainly didn't mean to say anything, but last weekend we both got kinda drunk and he said something about some girl named April. The next morning I asked him about April and he tried to pretend he didn't even know an April. Well, I kept asking questions and he finally admitted, after dinner, he and Amy went to a club and met up with her friend, April. He said she was waiting for Amy and there were a couple guys from their work with her. He said they were all dancing and drinking for a couple hours and then they all decided to go to April's house. He admitted one of the guys had pot and they all smoked a little and drank a lot. He said he and Amy were too waisted to go home so they both spent the night at April's house."

"Fuck! She never told me about that! Did Rich say what happen there?"

"Well, he CLAIMS he danced a few times with April, but then he fell asleep in an easy chair and woke up there the next day. I asked him about Amy and he said the last thing he could remember was seeing her dancing with Brad, one of the guys from her office. He said that was the last he saw of her before he passed out. He said the next morning he and Amy agreed not to mention staying at April's."

"Son of Bitch! So he was probably playing kissy face with April and Amy was hanging on some dude named Brad? When does he get home? My little brother and I need to chat!"

"He's probably on his way home now, but why don't you just ask your perfect little wifey what happened? I'm sure she and Brad were just playing scrabble or something, and not making out or anything, the two faced bitch!"

"Gail, what the hell? Why are you made at Amy?"

"Jack, your little angel has done nothing but talk trash about me ever since Rich told her what I did. She is constantly telling Richie he should have dumped me and he DESERVES much more from a wife. Richie and I have hashed out what I did and he seems ok now. Thank God, you didn't tell her it was you who caught me! Lord knows what she would have done if she got hold of that video!"

"Okay, Gail. I'm coming over. I want to get the full story from Rich before I confront Amy and ask for her story."

Jack pulled up in front of his brother's house and parked. Rich's car wasn't there yet so he went to the door. Gail opened the door and let him in. She motioned him to the couch and said she'd grab him a beer. Jack looked up as she was walking back into the room. Gail was wearing daisy-duke style cutoffs and a loose, scoop neck teeshirt. It took just a couple seconds for Jack to see she was not wearing bra as her large boobs bounced and swayed inside her shirt. Gail walked up to Jack and bent at the waist to hand him the beer. Jack was treated to a nice view of her free hanging breast before she straighten up. Her ridged nipples poked hard into the soft cotton shirt. Jack's eyes slowly crawled away from the bullets in her shirt and up to her face. Gail gave him a wide smile and then a wink.

"Is there anything else you'd like Jack?"

Jack couldn't help but smile at her blatant display. He shook his head and took a pull off his beer. "Gail, you just go looking for trouble, don't you."

Regguy69
Regguy69
1,110 Followers