Jane in New York Pt. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jane took a moment before turning out the light to get one final glance at the sexy woman lying right next to her. She then threw herself under the covers, more frustrated than ever before.

Lying on her back with her eyes wide-open, she thought to herself, How am I supposed to fall asleep now!?

Unbeknownst to her, Veronica was not yet asleep and heard all the noises of sexual frustration she made. A fake smile came over the little Latina's face as she continued to face the other direction until she comfortably fell asleep.

**************

I saw the look in your eyes and the way you bit your lower lip. I know exactly what you were thinking. It was the same look you had when you first gave me massages. The same lust in your eyes when I would wear sexy lingerie for you. Back when you were just an adorable little Asian intern at my office.

Don't fool yourself, Mami. I know you want me. As a matter of fact, you probably want to touch yourself right now, don't you?

I feel sexy again. I haven't felt that sway since you left... I mean, others have done their best to make me feel sexy, but it's nothing compared to the way I feel when you have that look in your eyes.

When I feel sexy, I feel confident, and I'm confident enough to turn around and crawl over to your side. You'd like that, wouldn't you, Mami? I'd stalk you like a predator in the night, and make you my vulnerable prey... But I'm not going to do that... No, not yet...

That's not how I want this to go down because I don't want your body... I want your heart. And your body won't understand what I'm trying to express.

I still don't know why Camilla gave me her ticket, or why I even accepted it, but if I gained anything while I've been here, it's the opportunity to really sit down and think about my life.

I can't control you or what you want. I understand that now. But I do know what I want... and I'm not settling for less.

Before we leave this beautiful Island, I will make sure you know... it's All or nothing. As long as I make that clear to you, I can live with myself knowing I tried.

*****************************************************

After a surprisingly long night of tossing and turning, Jane was left even more tired and frustrated than she was the previous night. How could I possibly stay asleep, knowing Veronica was dressed that sexy, right beside me? she asked herself in the morning.

Almost every time she woke up, she had an urge to peek at the Latina and pleasure herself. Unfortunately, she was too afraid of a waking Veronica despite her deep slumber.

Jane hoped things would cool down by morning time. However, any hopes of her horniness subsiding quickly vanished as Veronica spent the morning either prancing around in her underwear or trying on different swimsuits.

Eventually, Jane decided she couldn't take it any longer. Despite having another busy day ahead of her, she reached out to her old supervisor, Miranda, and asked if they could meet for an early lunch.

Coincidentally, Miranda wanted to meet at the tiki bar by the pool. It was the same establishment Veronica had gone to the previous morning.

Jane hoped sharing a meal with her previous boss would take her mind off her own frustrations. Unfortunately, it only made things worse as Miranda immediately asked about her star employee. "I know I already told you this, but everyone I've spoken to really loves this Veronica girl. She's so smart and beautiful! People are having a hard time keeping themselves from staring at her."

"Doesn't help that she's always walking around in such revealing bikinis," Jane mumbled.

"What did you say?" Miranda asked curiously.

"Oh, nothing..."

"Jane... How are things between you and Camilla?"

The young supervisor was caught off guard by the change of subject. "Umm... We are good... Why?"

"You two don't seem as close as you once were. I was surprised you didn't bring her to Puerto Rico instead of Veronica."

"Trust me... I was just as surprised."

"What do you mean by that?"

"It was actually her idea for Veronica to go instead of her. She said she had some projects she wanted to take on instead. Veronica and I are both confused by her refusal to go."

Miranda scratched her chin, trying hard to find a reason for her former employee's actions. "Hmm... All I can say is this; She probably had a good reason, and I doubt it was out of the kindness of her own heart. She's a very calculated woman and she has her reasons for everything she does. Now, whether or not you discover those reasons... only time will tell."

"That's not the only thing about her that's been bothering me lately..." the new supervisor admitted, looking down at the table. "I know in my heart she is more deserving of the Branch Director position than I am. I know it now more than ever."

"You should see her," Jane continued. "I'm so flustered with all the new tasks, but she takes care of everything! There are days I get so occupied with scheduling; I completely forget to handle the duties for my employees. But by the time I step out, she has already taken care of everything."

With a sad look, the Asian woman continued to vent about her insecurities. "My employees respect her more than they respect me. I bet they don't even think of me as their supervisor. I can deal with that... but what really bothers me is I think Camilla only does this because she thinks I can't handle it."

Much to Jane's surprise, Miranda started laughing, completely catching her off guard. "What's so funny?" the new Director asked.

"Jane... That's just how Camilla is. She did that at my branch too! That's the only way she knows how to work."

"She... did that... with you?"

"Oh my God, yes! If you don't stop her, she'll end up doing everybody's work for them. She doesn't do that because she thinks you can't handle it. She does it because she wants you to be able to focus on more important tasks. She's just trying to help."

"Oh..." the new Director responded quietly as she reflected on her own insecurities. "I guess I never thought about it like that... She just wants to help me..."

Miranda placed a hand on Jane's tiny shoulder. With a deep breath, she shared more thoughts. "Jane... do you know why she followed you to the new branch?"

The young Asian woman started to reflect on the moment Camilla revealed she was coming with her to the new office. She remembered feeling so relieved, she didn't even think about why Camilla was doing it. "To help me?"

"That's part of it, but I think there's more to it," Miranda explained. "You know, she has worked for me since she was twenty-years-old. I think she realized we both needed to spread our wings and stop relying on each other. I think that's the real reason she followed you."

"... What do you mean?"

"She not only wants to help your transition with all those tasks she's already competent in, but she also wants to learn from you because she respects you."

A sudden smile came over the young supervisor's face. "She respects me?" Jane asked as her face lit up.

"Of course, she respects you," Miranda responded, putting her arm around the new Branch Director. "We all do; I do, Cynthia does, Veronica does, everyone from Sunshine respects you."

Suddenly, a confused expression came over Jane's face. As much as she was honored by the statement, there was one name from the list that left her scratching her head. "Veronica respects me? How do you know that?"

"During the presentation..." Miranda pointed out. "When she was answering questions in Spanish, she talked about you a lot. Yeah... she thinks you're amazing."

Jane could feel her entire body warming up from the inside out. It had been so long since she heard such a sweet compliment from her former lover. "What did she say, exactly?" the cute Asian asked, hoping to dig deeper.

"I don't remember exactly what she said. I just remember her glowing about you."

"Oh... How nice..."

Miranda then gathered her belongings as she got up from the table. "Well, I need to get ready for our first meeting of the day."

"So should I," the new Director responded, having the confidence boost she really needed. "Thanks for everything, Miranda."

"No problem, Jane. Oh, and tell Camilla I said hi."

"I will! Do you still talk to her at all?"

"I still talk to her quite a bit," Miranda answered. "She said karaoke night was a big hit with the staff!"

Jane did a double take, almost snapping her neck in half. "Karaoke night?! What the hell is going on over there?"

"Oh, I thought you knew... Oh well. We'll catch up later, Jane."

The young supervisor sat there confused for a moment, wondering what was going on at her office with the mysterious woman in charge.

As Jane sat there, her attention was immediately diverted by a thrilling site. It was Veronica, wearing yet another tiny bikini. This time, it was leopard print, and it didn't just ride up her ass like a thong, it was a thong.

Oh, come on! Jane groaned to herself, watching the Latina walk towards her. This just isn't fair!

Much to her surprise, Veronica walked straight over to her table and took a seat.

"Hi Jane," the Latina said with a glow in her face.

"Oh, hi Veronica..."

"What are you doing out here, by yourself?"

"I had brunch with my last supervisor, Miranda. But she had to leave to go get ready for a meeting. I was just about to do the same, myself... What are you doing out here?"

"I came out here to use the jacuzzi and work on my tan. That's why I wore this tiny swimsuit."

Jane looked Veronica up and down, trying not to drool. "Yeah... I noticed..."

Veronica then started looking around as if she were contemplating something. "This might have been a bad idea, though. It looks like families are showing up and this bikini might not be appropriate."

Jane looked around, noticing there were more people at the resort than before. "Yeah, it's Saturday so there are probably more bookings at the hotel besides Sunshine."

"That makes sense," Veronica said, pulling out a pair of black shorts from her bag.

As Jane watched the sexy Latina put the little shorts on and cover that nice booty, there was only one word going through her mind. No...

I little chuckle came over Veronica as she noticed the disappointment on Jane's face. "Well, I'll see you later," she said as she put her bag over her shoulder.

Jane sat there confused as she watched the beautiful Latina walk off. I don't get it, she said to herself, lost in her own thoughts. I've been wanting her to cover up this entire time. But now that she actually put shorts on, I feel even more frustrated...

************************

Fortunately for Jane, the conversation she had with Miranda proved to be the confidence boost she needed. Now, understanding the respect and support she had, she was able to attack the meetings with a new sense of enthusiasm.

If I can earn Camilla's respect, I can earn anyone's respect she said, motivating herself. And everyone seems to love Veronica! As long as I have her support, I have nothing to worry about!

After the final meeting of the day, the other Branch Directors began to show their appreciation to the youngest supervisor.

"No wonder your branch has gotten off to such a hot start," one of them said. "With women like you, Camilla, and Veronica, how could a branch not be successful?"

Jane blushed from the words of encouragement but immediately diverted the credit to the others. "How nice of you guys! But yeah, Camilla and Veronica have been amazing."

"I love that all three of you are so powerful, yet so different from each other," another Sunshine member added.

Jane went completely red, bashful from all the compliments. It was a great opportunity for her to be proud of not only herself, but the amazing employees who helped her get where she was.

"Where is Veronica, by the way?" someone asked.

"Oh... She was out enjoying the resort earlier, but she might be back at the hotel," Jane answered, before finishing the sentence in her own head, in her panties.

"Will she be at the company dinner party, tonight?"

"I'm sure she will be."

"Make sure she's there!" several people requested, with big smiles on their faces.

Eventually, the smiles became too contagious and Jane wore one of her own. "Yeah... I'll make sure she's there."

**********************

For the first time in forever, Jane couldn't wait to see Veronica. She was all jazzed up, walking back to the hotel room, excited to tell her how the meeting went. However, when she arrived, she quickly realized she had returned to an empty room.

Where is she? Jane wondered to herself, looking around for clues. She's not still in the jacuzzi, is she? She would be a prune by now."

As the supervisor continued to wonder about her employee's whereabouts, she could only come to one conclusion. She's probably out having fun.

As she put her belongings away, she thought about how much fun Veronica was having without her and it made her feel guilty. You know what? I should be having a good time too. I'm going to find her about all the praise we received. And maybe we can even hang out!

Jane quickly changed before going downstairs and walking around the resort. For the first time since arriving, she was able to fully appreciate all the sights and sounds, and realize how much fun she could have been having if only she had accepted one of Veronica's several attempts to hang out.

Her smile quickly faded away, and her heart sank when she finally spotted her valuable employee. The beautiful Latina was spending time with other members of Sunshine Industries, laughing and having a good time.

The small Asian woman hid behind a pillar, hoping not to be spotted. As she watched her former love spending time with others, insecurities and doubts started to pile in her mind. Why is she hanging out with them instead of me? Did I finally push her away?

Breathing heavily in and out of her nostrils, she continued to stare at the Sunshine members. Why does she look so happy? She never looks that happy with me. I haven't seen her that happy since we used to... A long time ago...

As she saw another woman place a hand on Veronica's shoulder, Jane rolled her eyes and mumbled, "Whatever," underneath her breath. She then stormed off, making her way straight back to the hotel room.

********************************************

That night, Jane's frustrations only grew stronger. She quickly realized it wasn't a onetime feeling as Veronica was once again the center of attention.

They were at a dinner party off the beach, catered for their entire company. Though Jane still had not had any meaningful communication with Veronica since getting to the island, it still bothered her that so many other people were coming to their table, disrupting their chance to be alone.

Eventually, Veronica was invited to sit with another group of girls while she was grabbing a drink. Watching the entire thing unfold before her, Jane began seething at her table as she contemplated having her first drink and months.

Much to the young Asian's surprise, Veronica turned around and tried to wave her over to the table. Jane politely waved her off and said, "That's okay!"

"Are you sure?" Veronica asked. "We're having a lot of fun over here."

Not wanting to concede for some reason, Jane continued to brush it off. "That's okay. I'm just going to stay at this table since our stuff is already here."

Veronica shrugged it off, understanding how hard-headed her supervisor could be. "Okay, Jane! I'll be back over there in a little bit!"

"Take your time."

Though there were others that are table, Jane continued to pout as she sat in silence, staring at the empty chair next to her. She almost wondered why she just didn't tell Veronica to come back.

What was I supposed to say? she asked herself, with a dose of reality. Hurry up and come back to me so you can have a boring time? Ugh why am I like this!

Though she knew it was extremely childish, Jane started to lean over, hoping to catch some of Veronica's conversation with the other women. After realizing it was only making her more frustrated, she caved in and declared to herself, I'm going to need a drink.

After being sober for so long, the familiar taste tequila going down her throat instantly brought a buzz to her system. However, any hopes of the alcohol making her feel better were instantly proven wrong.

As one drink turned into two, and two turned into three, the alcohol began to really affect her system. But though it didn't give her the courage to express herself to Veronica, it did give her the courage to lean even further and listen in on their conversation.

She overheard things going in a direction that made her even more envious. Several people began complimenting Veronica, telling her how sexy she looked in her little red and black dress.

Duh, she looks sexy, Jane snarled underneath her breath. I would know! I was the one that got to massage her before any of them even met her!

Finally, as the alcohol started to completely take over Jane, Veronica said something that crossed the line. "I've actually lost a lot of weight, so I'm not even that hot anymore," the Latina explained, looking unbothered. "I've gained some of it back recently, but I'm nowhere near as hot as I used to be. You should have seen me!"

Unable to hold her tongue any longer, Jane shot up to her feet and darted over towards the table. Without thinking it through, she immediately shouted, "Don't say that!"

The entire table went completely silent as they all turned and stared at the frustrated Asian woman. Jane was breathing heavily, like she just pushed her way through a door she never thought would open.

With a confused look, Veronica faced her boss and asked, "Don't say what?"

Although Jane knew everyone was staring, her heart was only speaking to one person. "Don't even say you're not that hot anymore, because you're just as hot and beautiful as you ever were!"

Confused by the spontaneous compliment, Veronica looked over at Jane's table and discovered the empty alcoholic drinks. "Let's go talk in private," she said before getting up to her feet and grabbing her boss by the hand.

"What's going on?" Veronica asked as they got back and took a seat at their original table.

"Nothing! I just... I don't like it when you talk like that. I know we're not... how we used to be, but you're still beautiful, so don't ever put yourself down like that!"

Veronica tried her best not to blush. As she turned her head to hide her face, she noticed the drinks on the table again. "So, what made you decide to start drinking?"

"I don't know... I was just having a tough time..."

"I've noticed you've been having a tough time," Veronica sympathized. "I know this is a work trip, but you're supposed to have a little bit of fun, aren't you?"

"I know, but... it's difficult because I really want to be a good Branch Director. I'm so stressed out... I can hardly even think about having fun."

Veronica grabbed Jane's hands and rubbed them gently. Staring into her eyes, she said, "There's nothing to worry about. You're a great Branch Director."

Jane looked up into the beautiful Latina's brown eyes. "You really think so?"

"Of course, I do. I've always thought you would make a great supervisor. You're like the smartest person I've ever met!"

A sudden smile came over Jane's face, bringing a joy to Veronica's heart. "Thank you..."

"I've known you longer than anyone else here," Veronica pointed out as she squeezed Jane's small hands. "You get insecure at times. Obviously, I can't just tell you to stop being insecure; That won't work. But you have nothing to worry about, because you're good at everything you do!"

123456...8