All Comments on 'Joey Finds a New App Ch. 38'

by Daddy_0H

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
HasbeaHasbeaabout 2 years ago

I enjoy reading your stories a lot, but your use of prounous and other gendered forms irritates me sometimes. For example Stevie wants others to use female pronouns, the characters say they're supportive but the narrator and the characters still use he/him.

Daddy_0HDaddy_0Habout 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the input, Hasbea. I was going for a form of mental transition for all the characters. My plan was to have them formally ask to use correct pronouns and/or name change. I'll work to incorporate that thought into the story going forward.

Daddy_0HDaddy_0Habout 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the thoughtful input on this. I've been unsure how fast to transition the characters. At some point, I plan to have them ask their friends to use their gender identified pronouns. I'm sure if it irritates you, it irritates others. I was also thinking of making it a new feature in the app, to see where the person is mentally. It also excites me to think of some of the characters as feminine boys vs. girl. Expect me to address this in chapters 44 and above.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDaddy_0H@Daddy_0H
Just a MWM fantasizing about crazy stuff, then writing it down. I'm looking motivation and support via https://www.patreon.com/daddy_0 Thanks for reading!

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES