Join the Club Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Then you went and blew that out of the water. All that I knew, all of my trust exploded as I read that email and watched that video. Christie, you not only destroyed our marriage you crushed my belief that people are good. People aren't good Christie, they lie and cheat and do that even to the ones closest to them. How could I ever trust you to raise my children?"

Walt now had tears streaming down his face. "So, fuck you Christie. I want you out of my life. I'm certainly not moving forward with you. I don't know if I will ever let myself love anyone again."

Christie was listening to those words and watching Walt cry. She realized just how bad she had hurt him. She ran to Walt and fell at his knees in front of the couch. "Please, please Walt. Let me show you I can be that loving wife and give you those kids", Christie sobbed.

"Are you crazy". Get the fuck away from me. Don't even touch me. You make me sick."

The words cut into Christie like a knife. Her world was really coming apart. Dispare was washing over her. Walt gave her a gentle push back and Christie sunk to the carpet and continued to sob. Walt just sat there on the couch looking at her in stunned silence.

--*--

There was a knock at the door. This shook Walt. Was the server here already? How long had they been talking? He had originally planned to just listen to Christie's lies and then have her served and move on. But here she was broken and babbling on the living room floor.

The server looked confused like maybe Walt had hit her. "Is that her", the server asked. "Is she ok"?

"I didn't hit her if that is what you are asking. She just can't stand hearing the truth".

The server knelt down. Are you Christie Wright he asked? Christie nodded her head but still didn't understand what was happening. He dropped the papers beside her and said, "you've been served".

She was served and no further conversation was really necessary.

"Those are our divorce papers. Please sign them quickly and let's move on Christie".

Christie just looked up and pleaded, "no, Walt, please don't do this, I'm begging you, please give us some time".

"I need you to leave Christie. I no longer consider you my wife and you should no longer consider me your husband. What we had, what we were, is over. If you need to communicate with me do it through my lawyer.

[six months later]

After the divorce Christie had been hoping she could get to some sense of normalcy. She and Cindy had been rented a place month to month and while Cindy seemed to land on her feet Christie was depressed and most just stayed in. She had accepted a job outside of teaching doing clerical work.

Cindy has started tutoring at one of those after-school places. Cindy went out a lot and Christie had a suspicion she was hooking up with some of the old FBC club folks. Christie couldn't even think like that.

"I'm not a slut like and fucking around just has no appeal to me". She had started counciling but wasn't making much progress. She knew she needed to understand how she could give up her life for some crazy sex so she would stick with counseling. It was her only hope for finding a path back to some kind of normal life.

Christie had called Walt a few times to see how he was doing. He never answered her calls but she didn't blame him. She knew in her heart he would never take her back. She just hoped he could move on and find happiness. She told him so in her message and also tried to reassure him that this situation was a result of her stupidly and had nothing to do with her satisfaction of their sex life. She couldn't help but cry every time she left him messages and she always begged him to forgive her. "Please Walt, can we be friends. I know I fucked up bad but I still love you and I would do anything if we could rebuild our relationship". She just hoped he listened to her voicemails and didn't delete them without listening. At least he would know she still cared for him and hear how sorry she was.

--*--

Walt was right when he had told Christie she had broken him. The divorce was final two months ago and he hadn't even considered dating. He couldn't consider another relationship. He would see couples together and think, she is probably cheating on him. He looked at married women who dressed nice, maybe even on the sexy side and wondered who is she trying to attract?

"Was she slutting it up", he thought. How could her husband let her out the door all dressed up? She was probably fucking around on her husband.

His parents had been telling him he needed to start thinking about moving forward. They had even tried to set him up with the daughter of one of their old friend. Walt rejected it flatly. "I don't want a girlfriend. Just what I need, another relationship", he would quip. The thought of developing feeling for a woman terrified him.

Another couple of months and Walt had begun to realize he did need to find a way to move forward. Christie's call continued, one or two every week. He would just listen and then delete them. He thought she was trying to make herself feel better about her slutting behavior and didn't pay much attention. "I am going to get out of this funk and get on with my life".

Walt decided he would try some counseling. Maybe he could find a way to get his negative thoughts under control. The life he had previously was gone. His only thoughts of Christie and their marriage was anger and disgust but he knew he needed to move forward. So moving forward was the new plan.

"I guess I'm like a lot of formally married people. I'm now a member of the divorced club. There are many members", he thought. "On with the rest of my life."

The End

[writers's comment]

So there it is. A promising relationship and a couple about to start a family goes down in flames because of stupid and thoughtless decisions. I hope you enjoyed my attempt to build and write this story.

These two people did move forward, and after a time found normal productive lives. I may take these characters forward in subsequent stories. The future results some might even find surprising. It depends on the comments of you, the readers.

I know it was long winded so thanks for hanging in there with me. It was my attempt to show both the pain and destruction of this type of foolish behavior.