All Comments on 'Journey of a Literotica Writer Ch. 01'

by PiperHamlin

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
KachinaDollKachinaDollabout 1 year ago

My main problem is that my mind is too active. I start writing a story then my mind jumps to another scenario that excites me. I have to start writing that one before the thought fades. As a result, I've got 12 to 15 half written stories. Some are two years old. I do pop back to them but then get distracted again.

Elaine_MatureElaine_Matureabout 1 year ago

A great artist said to the young artist, "Why does your portfolio have so many unfinished projects?"

The reply: I don't know how to proceed. And I don't want to ruin what I've done.

The advice: Finish them! That's how you learn. The principle value of what we do is to learn to do better. Before you do anything else, finished something you've started.

Ok, that's probably good advice. The young artist involved (I knew her) did finish her projects from then on. But I have oh, 25 unfinished stories for this site. I have a very hard time revisiting. The newer stuff occupies all my writing hours! There's just no time.

RosenkavalierRosenkavalierabout 1 year ago

Thank you for this story!

I am looking forward to your next chapters.

After having just published my first story on Literotica (Loving wives, of course…), I can easily understand the rollercoaster when reading the comments - from oh so witty to oh so stupid.

I appreciate your work and look forward to other stories from you as well.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

So glad you're back. LW is the worse for the loss of your light touch

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldabout 1 year ago

I've missed your wonderful stories. And thanks for your thoughtful essay.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinabout 1 year agoAuthor

Comments on the comments.

/

"My main problem is that my mind is too active. I start writing a story then my mind jumps to another scenario that excites me. I have to start writing that one before the thought fades. As a result, I've got 12 to 15 half written stories. Some are two years old. I do pop back to them but then get distracted again."

/

I know that pain. Most of my unfished ones are even older.

/

"The advice: Finish them! That's how you learn. The principle value of what we do is to learn to do better. Before you do anything else, finished something you've started."

/

Something to consider, but I probably won't do it.

/

"I am looking forward to your next chapters.

After having just published my first story on Literotica (Loving wives, of course…), I can easily understand the rollercoaster when reading the comments - from oh so witty to oh so stupid.

I appreciate your work and look forward to other stories from you as well."

/

Then there are those that skimmed the story, and totally missed what happened. Thanks for your encouragement and support.

/

"So glad you're back. LW is the worse for the loss of your light touch"

/

It's comments like these, and people who like what I write, that keep me going.

/

"I've missed your wonderful stories. And thanks for your thoughtful essay."

/

My thanks to you as well. I enjoyed your stories, and I understand there are reasons to stop writing here. If you ever post another though, I'll eagerly read it.

mower9527mower952712 months ago

Piper Hamlin - who is the author of Monopoly money? Not sure if i am looking at the right story.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlin12 months agoAuthor

The author is, "bbare." Here is the link to the first part.

https://www.literotica.com/s/monopoly-money

PiperHamlinPiperHamlin11 months agoAuthor

Yup. Me too.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous