Junction Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They paused as Sarah came into view and they saw she carried a pistol. One looked at her, "What would your brother say if he saw you cavorting around with a Marshal?"

Jace looked over, "If he were smart, thank you."

There was a display in the dinner that was off and Jace turned it on and sent the announcement up from earlier. Jace looked over, "I dealt with 18 army types directly yesterday and last night. That brought this about. I am Captain Jace Rivers of the Marshal Service.

You know what that means? It means I can deputize locals to appoint acting Sheriffs over an area until such time as you have an election. I will take some of the wild out of the wilds one way or another. He picked up a glass filled with water and set it down. He brought up the connection to the Palace switchboard.

He looked at a female dragon manning it and sighed, "I normally deal with the Minister of Defense but I need the Minister of Health Services."

The local owner looked miffed, "You going to shut me down?"

Jace looked at him, "Yes, and no. Temporarily. But I need answers."

A female dragon in full glory was on the screen she looked over, "What can I do for you human?"

Jace looked at her, "Captain Jace Rivers, Marshal Service. I am looking at a glass of water here in a small-town diner in the Avalon wilds called Treemond. They have around 1,200 farmers who work in this area. If the numbers I am getting from this glass are affecting this whole area then we have a problem.

We are talking lead levels of 20,000 parts per million. That would affect their health and the health of the food they are growing. I need the latest information you have in this area and want to know how soon we can get water treatment facilities in place to fix this issue?"

The dragon looked at him, "How is this Marshal business?"

Jace smiled, "This area provides about 20% of the City-States food. Even if half of that was directed at only wilderness areas, humans and lead do not mix. It can retard mental development. With the issues I know the King is facing, this is something that can and should be fixed with filtration systems.

I have a 47Lima access code for the Minister of Defense if you wish I can bring him into the call as this affects the overall health of the population within the City-State and our military. My job is to protect our citizens. If I found someone poisoning our water supply it would be my job to track them down. I'm working to ensure the clean-up is on track for a speedy resolution."

She sighed and put him on hold. She was back 5 minutes later, "We have water evaluation crews en route to that area now."

Jace nodded, "Be sure to send a few geology representatives to check out the soil at these farms as well to work the cleanup. Water trucks for the local population would be another good start. Else I will order this area evacuated due to a contamination spill and that would create issues in your food supplies losing that much farmland."

She rolled her eyes, "They will be there. Water trucks to deal with the local population will be coming into this. Any other towns having this issue?"

Jace smiled, "The small town of Evergreen just inside of the wilds is just over 10,000 people. I have not visited the other 2 central farming areas, which are larger. I would assume given the overall problems that occurred here in the last year that we have issues.

This area's groundwater contamination could be affecting the entire Avalon wild's crop viability. It will require some testing and safeguards to be put into place to ensure the safety of our food supplies coming into the city. I am quite sure the King would not wish to get poisoned in such a manner."

She shook her head, "Fair point. What about the protection of these people coming in to do this work?"

Jace nodded, "I will have the local barracks stand up to provide the protection and we will appoint a sheriff and a deputy in each of these areas to provide additional security. Mages can take them to a rallying point in Evergreen while this work is going on so they are better protected at night.

I will contact the Director of the Marshal service to address those issues. To make him aware of the problems found and the need to bolster our numbers out here while this work is being done."

He ended the call and sent the recording to the Director. At least a hundred eyes staring at him in wonder.

Jace looked over, "This is likely a longer-term problem given some of the things I have heard. Easier to treat it as something new and get them to fix it than challenge them on how long this could have been going on and ignored."

Sarah shook her head, "Alright you are here to help us." She looked over. "He took out a group of military rapists yesterday and stayed the night and took out the military men who tried the jailbreak.

He sent them to the city almost immediately but the military was unaware he gave that order and had them sent back. This included him killing 8 of the 18 himself and deputizing 3 of us because of our prior military training and giving us guns. He made Jane a Sheriff and she appointed 2 deputies to help out."

Jace looked outside, "Speaking of guns we have 2 RPG's at the end of the road taking aim at my vehicle."

He stepped outside. "Drop those weapons. You drop them and I will take it as you turning in found contraband weapons and turning them over to law enforcement. You fire them and you will find you are both dead."

Sarah looked out and sighed, "I would listen to him. There are at least 100 people inside this building you would be killing if you fired those."

One set his gun down. The other man fired at Jace's vehicle. It traveled a meter, hit the force wall Jace had put in place around the man and he was blown up into thousands of flaming pieces. Jace walked over and picked up the other one and left the remains to burn. He put it in the trunk of his vehicle. "Sarah, you know the man that fired."

She nodded, "Distant cousin who was never right in the head. Never tracked. He was born off the grid."

Jace nodded and handed her a pad, "Give me his name and next of kin information. At least one who is tracked."

She sighed, "Parents are dead, died in the events that happened up in this area. My brother might have known him better."

She saw him walking into town and he looked rather pissed and had a metal crowbar that looked to be a few meters long. Probably used on repairing farming equipment he had. She walked out to try and calm him down. Jace left her to it but watched them.

The man pushed past Sarah and headed straight for Jace. Jace walked out toward the man. He said nothing. When he swung that large bar at Jace's head, Jace caught it with one hand and had his Judge in the other pointed at his head, "Let go of the bar now!"

The man released the bar and Jace holstered his gun. He took the bar in both hands and bent it until it snapped in 2 and tossed them down. He looked over, "Marshal Rivers, Captain. Lose the fucking attitude or the next time you come at me with a weapon they will be burying you. Do you understand that?"

The man nodded in fear of Jace. Jace sighed, "Sarah, are all of the men up this way as fucked in the head that they cannot listen to reason?"

She sighed, "The women have better dispositions overall. There are a few who are retired or prior military and have small families. She walked him over to introduce him to a few of them. He appointed a local sheriff and deputy.

Jace looked at them, "I know there are some small bounties for people around here. I am not out to censor speech and I have a bounty hunters license as well. Big bounties I come across will be brought in or brought down. Best they clear these wilds.

Any other people off the grid will get registered until we find out how the government wishes to address them. All children are to be registered going forward. Any local midwives or doctors who fail in this job will be arrested. We need medical people in the wilds for everyone, so obey the law in those matters."

He had half the population out and about now watching what he did.

Jace sighed, "You make stills for alcohol. Use the same process for plain water until the new filtration and water systems get in place. Expect days and not weeks. Do not stop these people from installing what is needed in your town and your homes.

They will take soil samples and find out how bad the contamination is for that. They may deploy mages to clean the land of contamination. Especially if they want safe food. I am an evoker, sniper, and I have cybernetic enhancements to do shit like snap metal bars and wield that gun.

It is called a Judge for a reason. You surrender to it to be judged or it will judge you. He took her brother and walked him to the outskirts and put the gun in his hand. "Both hands shoot at the root on that distant tree about 100 meters out. Do it."

He aimed the gun and fired. He flew back a good 10 meters and the gun went flying. Jace moved fast enough to catch it by the handle before it hit the ground, turned at the tree, and left a stump for them to stare at. As the tree fell after 3 shots with just one hand. Jace looked at the crowd, "I know restraint but for those who only value strength, you can see what I could do to them."

He activated his camouflage and continued talking. "I can be anywhere at any time. This area is vast but it is always possible I am in the area."

He teleported and reappeared at the other end of the street. "I hope my introduction to you all gets my point across. Shooting at my marshals will get you buried out here. Respect them as they will work to respect all of you. They have their orders and the laws they have to enforce.

To those men with minor warrants, you are barred from owning weapons. I find you with one, I will take you in and collect pocket change for doing it to go along with the weapons charges. Any weapons caches that were missed will be found in the coming months.

If you are hiding them, best to bring them to town and turn them over to your locally appointed sheriff for disposal. Being labeled an anarchist and terrorist is not going to help you or your neighbors. I will seize them and those who are hiding them will be brought in for telepathic interrogation at our local offices.

If needed, you will be turned over to the city Marshal service, Judges, and the prison system. In short, get your act together and get it all turned over for return and eventual destruction. This area will not remain the wilds forever if I have anything to say about it.

The King put me in charge out here, I am former Spec-Ops as I have demonstrated I can be an army of one when called for. I did nothing over the top today by my standards. Any questions before I head home? I had a long night fighting with the military in Evergreen."

Sarah commented, "Including killing one elven Lieutenant and being cleared in the attack already."

She had been off talking with a group of the women who lived there about the rapes that occurred and him bringing it all to a halt and killing members of the military who failed to yield or surrender. One was her brother's wife who went up to her husband and whispered into his ears, "You want children and that man could get them for us."

Jace walked over with Rayne, "My wife and what you told him would have to have her approval."

She looked at Rayne who smiled, "We will see, he needs to get his anger under control because having a child in a household with a man that angry would be irresponsible. Give it time and demonstrate through actions. Be a leader here and do as he asked of you.

Get rid of the weapons while he works on getting your water and food decontaminated. If you lived in this area your whole life, know what he found would have slowed your learning abilities. He cannot fix that for you, but before you have children it needs to be fixed in the land."

Jace sent a text message off to the Director, the Minister of Defense, and the King covering his activities and what he came across in his first night and day on duty out in the wilds. The need to fix things for the health of all. He sent it to the Minister of Health Services as well. He left a lot unsaid but knew the King would be able to fill in the holes.

They got back into his vehicle and started driving. Rayne took her top off and started pumping milk out while they drove back. She sighed, "It was getting painful. He ran a finger over her tits and pulled a drop off and sucked it into his mouth. Rayne smiled, "I produce enough that you are not taking it from the children."

He nodded, "I know."

She smiled, "Our guest did not and she is twelve shades redder right now watching our interaction." Rayne used 2 pumps and had a towel in her lap. Jace had one hand on her leg and rubbed her pussy through the crotch of her pants while she kept hold of the pumps against her tits. 10 minutes in and she let out a major climax from his effort but he did not stop and sent her over the edge again. She smiled at him, "I so fucking missed you last night."

Jace nodded, "I know. I missed you as well but protecting those women was more important last night. I was right in my instincts. They would send an assault team. After the jail, they would have worked to intimidate the women to get the others from their unit off the hook.

All except the sergeant who raped the girl, but they likely did not know those men still faced conspiracy charges because he did that in front of the other women in the house and men in his unit. After he assaulted the girl's mother. Those two were in bad shape when sent to the hospital yesterday. They are still there."

Rayne sighed, "I sent off a message to the hospital last night letting them know I was covering the hospital bill. To take care of those 2 women. The Director had two female Marshals posted outside the door. My father insisted.

A group of 6 army women tried to get to them last night but were turned back by hospital security and the female marshals and told them to return to their unit. They backed off easily enough. That was a good 3 hours before they came after the town."

Jace nodded, "One approach failed so they thought the second location would be easier. Brandialshane had those elven officers removed from the military based on the message I got. He was pissed."

Rayne sighed, "We both know the King is not happy with the elves right now and this just added fuel to that fire. He will deal with them if they did not deal with the matter themselves."

Jace shook his head, "Got a message back from the director, they are looking at over 10,000 reported rape cases and the children are being tested which is keeping the hospitals busy. They figure over a thousand fathers for that group, maybe 2,000 and that is only those who are reporting the matter. At least 38 of those cases were done by elves. 7 fathers identified thus far from the elven part of his military."

Rayne shook her head, "I am sure Brandialshane is not happy about that either. If the mothers had any Elven DNA those children could be over the 50% threshold. Unless they grant an exemption, those children will be killed or submitted to genetic therapy to lower that percentage down."

Jace looked at Sarah who was crying, "I had a daughter previously. Raped while still in the military by my elven commander before my birth control took effect. I tried to report it and I was released from service. The child was taken and submitted for resequencing.

She died during that because her percentage of eleven DNA was too high. I was kicked out of the military and he was promoted. Jace sent the recorded conversation back to the Director and Minister of Defense who sent him a message that it would be looked into.

He got a message back, "Child was never re-sequenced. She was sent to CGR and died the next day in Sylvia's lab. No evidence to cross-check. The information was provided to Brandialshane and he stated his telepaths would get an answer from the complaint that had been previously dismissed. The accused was one of his sons."

Jace shook his head and sent a copy to Rayne and asked her mentally, "You want her? You want her to come home with us?"

As he drove toward Evergreen, Rayne smiled and nodded. Rayne asked Sarah, "We have a spare bedroom if you wanted to see our home."

She looked at Rayne who smiled wide, "Else you could spend the night with us."

She turned red from the flirting Rayne did with her. Sarah liked women more than men but considered herself bisexual and bordering on tri-sexual. She sighed, "Alright. Keep going but I will reserve the spare bedroom at this point."

She simply nodded as Jace spoke, "I have people looking into your case, unfortunately, other than the complaint no other evidence was found. There was an attack on CGR computer systems not long ago and any evidence from that would have been lost. They are exploring other options to try and get answers."

He went over what Sylvia did to Rayne's sister and Jess's children in regards to female offspring. He let her know it likely occurred with her daughter as well. "The woman was vile." She cried some more and Rayne moved to the back to console her as she knew she was hurting after that.

He got them home and pulled into the garage. Sarah had stopped crying well before then and just looked at the massive homes in this neighborhood in awe as they approached, "You live here?"

Jace nodded, "We had it built, double-gated outer marker stops air attacks and the inner one stops incoming teleportation, not outgoing." He walked her through the lower level and out back to see the pond. She shook her head, "I have to ask, how much did all of this cost?"

He smiled and turned around and took her to his room. She froze like a deer in the headlights. He waved her on and took her into the panic room. She looked over, "Alright this looks like a military bunker."

He sighed, "Three-story tall safe room. If you did not follow my story in the news, after the attack in the valley where I became known as a Marshal, we had several attacks on us in Rayne's former home and while in protective custody. I wanted to ensure my family was safe. That included Rayne's parents who live next door. They just started a second life extension so they look our age."

She nodded, "So how much?"

He sighed, "That resource I found netted me 7 million DC's. I spent 2 million on the two homes and the other vacant lots at the end of this street. Including furnishings. Not counting bounties, I have turned in which is more than 1.5 million DC's or the other 5 million DC's that went to Jessica and myself each for Sylvia's activity when she was killed.

When Jessica ended her life, her share of that came to me, no estate tax as she had kept it in a joint account with me that I set up for her. With the attack on the lab, I have no children in CGR from Rachel, Rayne's sister, or Jessica. Let alone those delivered by Sylvia.

Life in the program required some compromises, hence the ones with Sylvia. I made sure, tried to anyway, that Jessica would not end up with the same issues Rachel had. There is a chance the children could be alive somewhere but I am not banking on it."

She looked over, "You had to have had something on this Sylvia to set that up."

He nodded and brought up his file again and flipped to the defects. She held her hand over her mouth, "You could live for centuries."

Jace nodded, "To go along with a highly successful Spec-Ops tour in the military the King wants me kept around for obvious reasons."

She sighed and nodded, "Alright you filled in some gaps. You waited until we were in this secure bunker to tell me."

He shook his head, "No. I told you very little, the defect they would be concerned about you knowing that. But Rayne and I are trying to convince you to join us in bed. Hard to do with so many secrets."

1...456789